WOMAN GIVES BIRTH TO HER 16TH CHILD

Guest ONYX

[b]Is it just me, or does this seem insane? I would like to have a family one day as well but damn.............16 kids!!!!!!!!!!![/b]

Mom delivers 16th child, thinking of more

Wednesday, October 12, 2005; Posted: 8:37 p.m. EDT (00:37 GMT)

LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas (AP) -- Michelle Duggar just delivered her 16th child, and she's already thinking about doing it again.

Johannah Faith Duggar was born at 6:30 a.m. Tuesday and weighed 7 pounds, 6.5 ounces.

The baby's father, Jim Bob Duggar, a former state representative, said Wednesday that mother and child were doing well. Johannah's birth was especially exciting because it was the first time in eight years the family has had a girl, he said.

Jim Bob Duggar, 40, said he and Michelle, 39, want more children.

"We both just love children and we consider each a blessing from the Lord. I have asked Michelle if she wants more and she said yes, if the Lord wants to give us some she will accept them," he said in a telephone interview.

The Discovery Health Channel filmed Johannah's birth and plans to air a show about the family in May.

The Learning Channel is doing another show about the family's construction project, a 7,000-square foot house that should be finished before Christmas. The home, which the family from the northwest Arkansas town of Rogers has been building for two years, will have nine bathrooms, dormitory-style bedrooms for the girls and boys, a commercial kitchen, four washing machines and four dryers.

Jim Bob Duggar, who sells real estate, previously lost his bid for the U.S. Senate. He said he expects to run for the state Senate next year but isn't ready to make a formal announcement.

Michelle Duggar, 39, had her first child at age 21, four years after the couple married.

Their children include two sets of twins, and each child has a name beginning with the letter "J": Joshua, 17; John David, 15; Janna, 15; Jill, 14; Jessa, 12; Jinger, 11; Joseph, 10; Josiah, 9; Joy-Anna, 8; Jeremiah, 6; Jedidiah, 6; Jason, 5; James, 4; Justin, 2; Jackson Levi, 1; and now Johannah.

Copyright 2005 The Associated Press.

[url="http://www.cnn.com/2005/HEALTH/parenting/10/12/sixteen.kids.ap/index.html"]http://www.cnn.com/2005/HEALTH/parenting/1...s.ap/index.html[/url]

[quote name='whodey319' date='Oct 13 2005, 09:24 AM']here is the best part:
16 in 18 years.  Im sorry but that is a horrible life if all she does is get pregnant
[right][post="168725"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

No offense, but who are you to say she is having "a horrible life"? Sounds to me like that is what she wants. I don't have a problem with it. I don't think I would want that many kids, but if that's what they want, it's cool.

[quote name='Jason' date='Oct 13 2005, 09:10 AM']No offense, but who are you to say she is having "a horrible life"?  Sounds to me like that is what she wants.  I don't have a problem with it.  I don't think I would want that many kids, but if that's what they want, it's cool.
[right][post="168753"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]
I agree with you. Not a life I would wish for myself, but if they're happy and capable of providing for that many kids...their business....

[quote name='Jamie_B' date='Oct 13 2005, 12:10 PM'][url="http://news.yahoo.com/photo/051012/480/ardj10110121712;_ylt=AiYEByOFENan08v.InuTjPhH2ocA;_ylu=X3oDMTA3bGk2OHYzBHNlYwN0bXA-"]http://news.yahoo.com/photo/051012/480/ard...HYzBHNlYwN0bXA-[/url]

pic of the family
[right][post="168783"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

Cute family.

[quote name='BlackJesus' date='Oct 13 2005, 05:31 PM'][i][b]at least she is doing what Women were made for .......[/b][/i]
:ninja:
[i]kidding
they also are great at Head and cooking[/i]
:headbang:
[right][post="168965"][/post][/right][/quote]

:o

[img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons//24.gif[/img] [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons//24.gif[/img] [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons//24.gif[/img]

[quote name='Jason' date='Oct 13 2005, 11:40 AM']No offense, but who are you to say she is having "a horrible life"?  Sounds to me like that is what she wants.  I don't have a problem with it.  I don't think I would want that many kids, but if that's what they want, it's cool.
[right][post="168753"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

[img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/41.gif[/img]

Thanks Jason, I was thinking the same exact thing. Just because she does not live a life that you would doesn;t mean it's a horrible life. She must like her life if she keeps on getting pregnant and is thinking of doing it AGAIN! I think she is quite happy with her life.

[quote name='Dan_Bengals_NJ' date='Oct 13 2005, 10:27 PM']That should be illegal for population control purposes, but I won't get into that.
:ninja:
[right][post="169087"][/post][/right][/quote]

Population control??? We are not in a 3rd world country. The US is not over-crowded.

[quote name='Jason' date='Oct 13 2005, 11:04 PM']Population control???  We are not in a 3rd world country.  The US is not over-crowded.
[right][post="169094"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

I think Dan was kidding based on his past posts, he seems like a decent person.

Jason, if the US did get crowded and became a 3rd world country, would you accept population control? Not calling you out, just asking as I respect your opinions.

[quote name='CP1' date='Oct 13 2005, 10:41 PM']I think Dan was kidding based on his past posts, he seems like a decent person. 

Jason, if the US did get crowded and became a 3rd world country, would you accept population control?  Not calling you out, just asking as I respect your opinions.
[right][post="169096"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

Not government enforced, no. I'm not crazy about what China is doing now.

[quote name='CP1' date='Oct 13 2005, 10:41 PM']I think Dan was kidding based on his past posts, he seems like a decent person. 

Jason, if the US did get crowded and became a 3rd world country, would you accept population control?  Not calling you out, just asking as I respect your opinions.

Yes kidding, but seriously you would change your mind about US and overcrowding if you lived in NJ for a month. I forget what a forest looks like.

[quote name='Dan_Bengals_NJ' post='169158' date='Oct 14 2005, 12:13 AM'][quote name='CP1' date='Oct 13 2005, 10:41 PM']I think Dan was kidding based on his past posts, he seems like a decent person. 

Yes kidding, but seriously you would change your mind about US and overcrowding if you lived in NJ for a month. I forget what a forest looks like.
[/quote]

I saw some nice areas in NJ driving through the central part of the state.

Is it possible that this woman has some type pf pregnancy fetish? She has had 16 kids
18 years. She has not seen her feet since the 80's. There is no way each child is getting
much quality time from their parents. They have kids ready to graduate highschool, kids
just beginning adolesence and puberty, kids just starting school, and new borns. I would
not be suprised if somebody from that family may grow up with some serious issues.

Archived