How would you feel about this

Guest TheBeaverHunter

Guest TheBeaverHunter
per SI.COM

[quote]Brett Favre sounds like he wants to play again, but doesn't look like he wants to play for the Packers. The solution: Trade him to a contender. There are two logical spots for Favre: 1) Dallas. This is likely Bill Parcells' final year -- why else sign off on Terrell Owens? -- and Favre gives him a much better shot at the Super Bowl than Drew Bledsoe; 2) Baltimore. Many of the pieces are in place -- especially an excellent defense -- and Favre would be a great one-year fit.
-- New York Daily News[/quote]

[quote name='Bengals1181' post='251344' date='Apr 18 2006, 11:41 AM']When did Baltimore become a contender? :lmao:[/quote]

Actually, all kidding aside, add a good QB and Baltimore should be able to compete. I doubt J Lewis will have another bad year this year, and put Lewis and Reed back on the D, in addition to whoever they draft, and they could be a good team.

The more I think about it, the more I prefer they get Farve. McNair had his best seasons with the Titans when he had a strong running game and a good TE to hit. He could potentially have more talent in those spots then he ever has. Add to that the player he has had success with in the past in D. Mason and that offense could really takeoff.

Favre will throw picks. He did last year, he did 3 years ago, he did when they won the SB. He will continue.

The only reason I think the Ravens may still be in trouble is their Oline continues to suck.

with the exception of last season, the ravens have been a contender for the Afcn title year in and year out. there is no question they need a QB, and with a good QB calling the shots the ravens become a dominate force once again, but honestly Im not worried about Favre or Mcnair.

Guest Bengal_Smoov
If the Ravens get McNair, watch out...When Boller played decent they beat us, good qb play is all that is keeping the Ravens from being one of the best teams in the league.

I hope they get Farve, but I have a feeling he would retire before leaving GB.

[quote name='oldschooler' post='251359' date='Apr 18 2006, 12:17 PM']The Ravens could sign Joe Montana and I still would`t fear them !
Palmer "pwns" the Ravens !
Fuck them and bring them on ! :headbang:[/quote]

Well duh, he's 50 now.

;)

Imo, the problem with the Ravens is still that their o-line has become quite budget. An area of strength for them has completely slipped away.

Ogden isn't a superstud anymore, Mulitalo is in steep decline, Flynn completely sucks ass, Vincent can be decent when the guys around him don't suck (but they do in Baltimore), and whoever they have to play right tackle (Pashos, I think) is very unproven

And on to the matter of McNair, while age has definitely taken it's toll on his body, look at his career stats against us:

[url="http://www.pro-football-reference.com/games/McNaSt00.htm#1995"]http://www.pro-football-reference.com/game...NaSt00.htm#1995[/url]

Just looking at those he really teed off on us in the old bad days.

His career figures against us:

Completed: 199
Attempted: 332
Yards: 2,547
Average per completion: 12.8
TD's: 20
Interceptions: 5

Rushes: 51
Yards: 287
Average: 5.6
TDs: 4

But I think Baltimore's line is in decline, so unless they address this markedly through the draft or post June 1 cuts, I don't think their offence will improve that much.

Guest BlackJesus
[b]I would rather them get McNair than Favre. I think McNair has one nail in the coffin .... and that Brett might have a year or two left on the right team.

what is sad is that Saftey Ed Reed is probably the teams best Quarterback right now [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/30.gif[/img] he probably has the teams best arm and he could at least bootleg

[/b]

Guest BlueKat

[quote name='Dan_Bengals_NJ' post='251341' date='Apr 18 2006, 11:34 AM']I wouldn't like it at all. With a team, with an actualy defense and other skill players around him, Favre could still produce.[/quote]

Yep he'll produce alright....produce more ints for us. :1hump:

[quote name='HarDRhymR' post='251342' date='Apr 18 2006, 11:36 AM']Favre or McNair. Either way Baltimore will be improved next year.[/quote]

yep, they want one of those guys. either way the Ravens are going to be improved but the Bengals have improved to and Favre, McNair, Harrington, whoever doesn't quite get them past the Bengs...

Guest mongoloido
[quote name='Dan_Bengals_NJ' post='251341' date='Apr 18 2006, 11:34 AM']I wouldn't like it at all. With a team, with an actualy defense and other skill players around him, Favre could still produce.[/quote]

Green Bay had the 7th ranked defense in the NFL last year. Favre will play like ass this year because he doesn't want to play by the rules. He wants to chuck the ball everywhere and be Brett Favre. If Green Bay had had a coaching staff he would have listened to, that team would have won more games last year. He lacks the desire to play a smart, disciplined game.

Guest CTBengalsFan
I hope they get Favre too, if you watched his games last year he just dropped back and chucked the ball without even checking to see if his receivers were open, and half the time the ball wasn't even close. Add ANOTHER year of wear to his body, I'd be peachy with them getting Favre.

Guest bengalrick

i would say "who's running baltimore now?" those idiots never make good decisions!!!

that would be bad news... favre has so mnay int's lately, b/c of his aggresiveness and willingness to take risks to make plays... if he got a good line, w/ good wr's, and a good rb... fuck!!!! <_<

[quote name='bengalrick' post='251457' date='Apr 18 2006, 03:54 PM']i would say "who's running baltimore now?" those idiots never make good decisions!!!

that would be bad news... favre has so mnay int's lately, b/c of his aggresiveness and willingness to take risks to make plays... [b]if he got a good line[/b], w/ good wr's, and a good rb... fuck!!!! <_<[/quote]

the "good line" is the wildcard. The suckass play by the oline is the Ratbirds weakest link if they solve the QB issue. Not a good formula for either Favre or Mcnair.

Guest Bengal_Smoov
Favre needs to retire before he suffers an injury that forces him to retire. He's already won the SuperBowl, been to multiple Pro Bowls, has enough fame that he could run for governor or Wisconsin and win in a land slide. Much like other great sports stars they don't when to call it quits. Jordan stayed too long and got embaressed, great qb's like Montana, Unitas, and countless others ended their careers with teams they no past success with. Favre should retire a Packer and be thankful of the years of success he had.

[quote name='Bengal_Smoov' post='251508' date='Apr 18 2006, 05:00 PM']Favre needs to retire before he suffers an injury that forces him to retire. He's already won the SuperBowl, been to multiple Pro Bowls, has enough fame that he could run for governor or Wisconsin and win in a land slide. Much like other great sports stars they don't when to call it quits. Jordan stayed too long and got embaressed, great qb's like Montana, Unitas, and countless others ended their careers with teams they no past success with. Favre should retire a Packer and be thankful of the years of success he had.[/quote]

As far as athletes knowing when to quit, it is easier said than done, and goes beyond athletics. That's life it seems...

Also in general it is hard to call into question the decision making of a franchise who won a championship in 2000 when the team I support (read: Bengals) doesn't have one yet...(which will change this year)

Archived