Soccer Thread

I guess we werent the first team eliminated...but that PK is still bullshit. I have to wait another 4 years for this shit...and it kind of pisses me off.

This is Kellers last game...more then likely...Kudos to him. He did great. Besides the Czech game. This fucking sucks.

I hope Ghana gets fucking killed...they played like a bunch of bitches...i can't wait to see them get fucking drilled. They foul a bunch...and then when they think they get fouled they flop and act like bitches and take up time...it's not the way the game should be played. So i hope they get fucking rocked.

But as of now im cheering for Portugal (christiano ronaldo) and Brazil because of Ronaldinho and Adriano probably my 2 fav. players.

But FUCK GHANA.

Guest Johnsons4Life
Ghana is the biggest bunch of pussies i've ever seen. They go down like they tear their ACLs everytime. Did anybody see the guy that didn't get hit and then about 15 seconds later after walking he goes down while USA is on the offensive to stop play.

Guest steggyD
Yeah, I just watched that game. Ghana is about the dirtiest playing team I've ever seen. Not that I watch much, but damn was that dirty.

-ghana has the biggest pussys in the world

-the refs helped fuck us out of 2 games

-the us lineup sucked ass every game, thanks bruce!

-the play sucked and was uninspiring

the us didnt deserve to advance, what a dissappointpoint... group of death? probably... but thats nothing this team shouldnt have been able to overcome. one day well learn not to suck on european soil.

anyways, like ive already said... im more worried about the next 2 cups than this one... get rid of reyna, keller, and mcbride and give me howard, ej, etc. anyday

[quote name='Johnsons4Life' post='285438' date='Jun 22 2006, 12:09 PM']Ghana is the biggest bunch of pussies i've ever seen. They go down like they tear their ACLs everytime. Did anybody see the guy that didn't get hit and then about 15 seconds later after walking he goes down while USA is on the offensive to stop play.[/quote]
Yeah...and its bullshit...the way they kept doing that...i woulda been like fuck you...im going to play and not kick the ball out because were on the attack...im not stopping so you can kick the ball back to my goalkeeper.

Man fuck that. Ghana is a big gang of pussies...and i think they play Brazil next...there fucked. I can't wait to watch them get fucking killed by the best team in the game.

[quote name='Nati Ice' post='285442' date='Jun 22 2006, 12:13 PM']anyways, like ive already said... im more worried about the next 2 cups than this one... get rid of reyna, keller, and mcbride and give me howard, ej, etc. anyday[/quote]

Mcbride did nothing for us...neither did Renya. Keller played like shit against Czech.

We need some Adu and Eddie. We need someone with a leg and not afraid to strike the ball from about 30 yards out. We had virtually no strikes from out there...people from other teams would hit that like it was in the goal box. We need a big leg midfielder.

And Mcbride starting every game...is just? :unsure: :unsure:

The only dimension the guy brings to the game are free kicks and headers. Sure he took one to the face. But that facial was the only good thing the guy did, made him look like he deserved to be there. Strikers should have speed. They should be able to break away with runs.

This sucks...i had such high hopes. and we go 0-2-1.

So much for that #5 world ranking!

I just wish we could have gotten some of those shitty teams...iran..japan would have been easy for us. The next 4 years aren't going to go by too quick.

We need to switch it to every 2 years.

and this was suppose to be the best U.S soccer team, my ass...these guys sucked balls, and basicly we lost three games the way i see it. and today was the first time they scored a goal of their own. this is fucking bullshit, how are we gonna get people to like this sport if we keep sucking at it. :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant:

:thumbsdown: Ghana is going to get drilled Cincinnati Bengals style they are going to get socred on every side and no more bitch acting against Brazil. Ronaldino will drill those punks big time. At least germany looks very good.

[quote name='Rumble in the Jungle' post='285518' date='Jun 22 2006, 01:54 PM']and this was suppose to be the best U.S soccer team, my ass...these guys sucked balls, and basicly we lost three games the way i see it. and today was the first time they scored a goal of their own. this is fucking bullshit, how are we gonna get people to like this sport if we keep sucking at it. :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant:[/quote]
It's not really the lack of talent...its more of the youth and not enough players playing at the top notches like the premiership.

i can only imagine 4 years from now..even though its a long time...we will kick some ass with the new youth and we hopefully won't get such a tough draw.

Guest BlackJesus
[center][img]http://www.tcnj.edu/~hofmann/Humor/Misc/Soccer/American%20soccer%20fan.jpg[/img]

[b][size=5]= Time to catch the flight home buddy [/size] [/b] [/center]

[quote name='Nati Ice' post='285559' date='Jun 22 2006, 02:30 PM']:huh:

well have basically the same team... only they wont all be in their early twenties

adu sucks, hell sub at best... howard, gooch, beaz, donovan, dempsey, ej, rolfe, spector, etc. = mouthwatering crazyness[/quote]
Oh Adu will be a beast...he has got crazy quicks.

And thats what we need...to say the least.

haha, says the guy whos already admitted he knows next to nothing about the sport

id say a top 8 finish last world cup kinda eliminates the right to say they suck... hell, qualifying for the last 5 world cups kinda does that on its own... two hundred plus nations and we still qualify? thats pretty fucking outstanding

Im an American and i dont consider finishing in the top 8 of the world good. And i definitlt dont conisder qualifying for the World Cup something worth applauding. And out of 200 nations trying to qualify, only about 50 are decent teams that have a chance. Soccer seems to be the only sport that people want to celebrate an 8th place finish.

[quote name='dieselman44' post='285687' date='Jun 22 2006, 05:36 PM']Im an American and i dont consider finishing in the top 8 of the world good. And i definitlt dont conisder qualifying for the World Cup something worth applauding. And out of 200 nations trying to qualify, only about 50 are decent teams that have a chance. Soccer seems to be the only sport that people want to celebrate an 8th place finish.[/quote]

I agree with you that 8th place shouldn't be celebrated, but it's really about all you can expect for US soccer. It's just a fact that our best athletes don't play soccer. Kids here want to play football, basketball, or baseball. Basically US soccer gets what is left over.

Soccer isn't and will never be the sport in this country. Not even close. We minus well get used to it.

[quote name='CarsonDaMan' post='285699' date='Jun 22 2006, 05:57 PM']I agree with you that 8th place shouldn't be celebrated, but it's really about all you can expect for US soccer. It's just a fact that our best athletes don't play soccer. Kids here want to play football, basketball, or baseball. Basically US soccer gets what is left over.

[b]Soccer isn't and will never be the sport in this country. Not even close. We minus well get used to it.[/b][/quote]

Countries live in breath soccer...even some that get knocked out...we are probably the only one that doesn't. Finishing 8th 4 years ago...is pretty good. We should have gotten out of our bracket...but there were 2 hella good teams.

Have you seen high school sports lately...every year more and more soccer players start to play.

Soccer will one day be just as big as football...whether it be with the MLS putting more into getting bigger and better players or we round up our best players and get a couple of teams to play in a premiership league....that eventually attracts more people.

Bold statement i no..but with people with the likes of Ronaldo and Beckham thinking about coming to America to play...just watch.

We will win the world cup in the next 12 years.

[quote name='CarsonDaMan' post='285699' date='Jun 22 2006, 04:57 PM']I agree with you that 8th place shouldn't be celebrated, but it's really about all you can expect for US soccer. It's just a fact that our best athletes don't play soccer. Kids here want to play football, basketball, or baseball. Basically US soccer gets what is left over.

Soccer isn't and will never be the sport in this country. Not even close. We minus well get used to it.[/quote]
Don't sweat it Carson.

Remember this:

- the US soccer league is only effectively 12 years old(1994) and the American game style is still developing as a result.
- there's now more young Americans playing soccer than ever before and that bodes well for discovering/developing talent at grass roots level.
- you guy's were in one of the toughest groups this world cup.
- Your team has DEFINITELY improved from 1990-1994. And will continue to do so. I reckon in another 2-3 World Cups you guys will be contenders. Then your country will finally submit and really fall in love with the best sport on the planet.

BYE THE WAY, IF ANYONE HERE DOESN'T LIKE SOCCER, THEY CAN PICK A BONE WITH ME AND CHAD JOHNSON - HE LOVES THE SPORT AND HE'S A HUGE LIVERPOOL FAN!!!

[quote name='Paul' post='285544' date='Jun 22 2006, 02:14 PM']:thumbsdown: Ghana is going to [b]get drilled Cincinnati Bengals style [/b] they are going to get socred on every side and no more bitch acting against Brazil. Ronaldino will drill those punks big time. At least germany looks very good.[/quote]

Um, what? :huh:

[quote name='TheChosenOne' post='285849' date='Jun 22 2006, 10:51 PM']I think he means that Brazil's offense will tear them up like the Bengals offense tears up defenses.

(At least I can't think of any other way he would mean it...)[/quote]
Im assuming the same

and he is exactly right

They ran Japan up and down the field all day today...ronaldinho is a wizard with the ball but needs to take more shots. Ronaldo got his two goals today...even though he looked lazy as fuck in the first half of the game. Robinho is a nice fit on the wing...but where was Roberto Carlos? Im assuming he got the day off for rest...but thats assumed. Kaka had a nice game..he shoots and misses but has a nice leg with some power behind it. Dida looked good again today. I didn't see much of Adriano today...but i would have loved to see the match up between him and Gooch. Jeez two overpowering guys...it would have been awesome to watch...to bad Ghana had to fuck shit up. Now there fucked

Brazil will overpower those flopping ghana bitches. I would be totally amused if a ghana player flopped and was down and Brazil just kept on playing...more then likely it would make my day because the U.S. should have did it today...they were stopping a lot of attacks today and just giving it right back to the goalkeeper. I no its good sportsmanship...but fuck that...when you take advantage of it like that and abuse it to win a game...its not right and it sucks and makes the game ultimatly boring.

But i predict Adriano to have a big game against Ghana...and then we won't have to see them again.

Guest Master Shake

[quote name='TheChosenOne' post='285868' date='Jun 22 2006, 11:30 PM']Brazil definitely has a lot of stars...

but "Fred" is by far my favorite Brazil player :lol:[/quote]

I know... before long they're gonna have guys named "Jim" and "Bob" playing for them... but I guess when you can only use one name then you run out of names exponentially faster

[quote name='dieselman44' post='285687' date='Jun 22 2006, 05:36 PM']Im an American and i dont consider finishing in the top 8 of the world good. And i definitlt dont conisder qualifying for the World Cup something worth applauding. And out of 200 nations trying to qualify, only about 50 are decent teams that have a chance. Soccer seems to be the only sport that people want to celebrate an 8th place finish.[/quote]
i never said we should be happy with an 8th place finish, all i ever said is that saying the us sucks at soccer is pretty effin stoopid.

but on the otherhand, your estimate is extremely subjective and you should feel proud that you qualified for the cup because that alone is one small accomplishment... and in the opinion of many a country that has traditionally "sucked" at soccer qualifying for the cup, defeating portugal and making it out of their group, defeating our biggest rival 2-0 in the first round, and outplaying and honestly beating the germans who finished runners up to brazil, is in its self a huge accomplishment... placing between 5th-8th is nothing to brag about but certainly nothing to be ashamed of.

my point being, saying that the usmnt sucks is hilariously off base

Archived