Music....what's your favorite?

BengalBeotch

I like or have liked in my lifetime (in no particular order):

The Beastie Boys, Sublime, Megadeth, System Of a Down, Crystal Method, KMFDM, Prodigy, The BEATLES!!!, older Metallica, older Zeppelin (oh wait-it's ALL old-and so am I :( ), Steve Vai, Joe Satriani, Yngwie malmsteen, some Slayer, a couple Pantera CD's (Vulgar & Cowboys), Bach, Mozart, Paganini, Black Sabbath, older Ozzy, some hair metal (old Crue, Dokken, but NEVER Poison or Warrant!!!), Dr Dre (The Chronic), De La Soul, Biggie Smalls, eric B and Rakim, LL Cool J, Nirvana, Weezer (LOVE those guys!), Beck (a genius), Jeff Beck, Al DiMieola, John McLaughlin, Toby Keith, Miles Davis, Thelonius Monk, red Hot Chilis (great funky band), Bootsy (my avatar), P-Funk, some Limp Bizkit (they're fags though), Linkin Park (they're fags too), Garbage, Sheryl Crow, Pink floyd (my FIRST concert!), KISS, Jet, Perfect Circle, Fredreik Ferdinand, Velvet Revolver, Guns -n-Roses, Rage Against, Incubus (a great band!), Chemical Bros, Tool, Monster Magnet, Courtney Love, Foo Fighters (THE BEST pop band out there right now, IMHO), God, I gotta stop....oh yeah, and Andy Gibb's "Shadow Dancing" when I was eight.

"Love is Higher Than a Mountain, Love Is Thicker Than Water...."

And Kansas! And the Stones...

OK, I really must stop.

Bad question to ask me, there are so many more...

Guest BengalLady
Actually... I get that from a lot of people, seriously.  :unsure:

I'd understand if I listened to Cannibal Corpse and stuff like that....

But in any sense... I'm still misunderstood by many  :(

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Oh, that is ok. I like alot of that heavy shit too. You mentioned Danzig, awesome group! I used to listen to Pantera and Slayer back in the day too.

Now I listen to the soft stuff, GodSmack,Metallica, Collective Soul etc.... hehe

interesting blend here, i have really only listened to mostly what i have released over the years, and frankly its all old now, i released an album called teacker killers, then did a volume 2, it disturbs me now, ...the most creative artist i have heard has been eminem, utter originality and genius in marketing from that man, alas his tmv friendly music spoils most albums, and his latest was a disapointment, never thought i would say that, im big into local rap music, friends of mine, kenny p, PFL, old label mates fifty one third, and alot of local music, .. i was a big sublime fan a while back, when i did many drugs and drank alot, ... i just cant handle country, i just cant really relate, classical makes me sleep.. HEAVEY METAl above anything makes me sooo tired..

i went to a slipknot concert with a buddy of mine years ago he had to go blah balh.. i nearly fell aslepp at a table... but its alright stuff,. just doesnt get me goin..

jay is clever with his words, but has some boring tracks on each album, ..

i rew up with the rap/r&b era and bypassed the whole rock generation...

Guest Bengal_Smoov
im big into local rap music, friends of mine, kenny p, PFL, old label mates fifty one third, and alot of local music,

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Have you ever heard of Leroy Brown, he's from all-over the Tri-State...He's got skills. I know a few other local artist.. Ray Mills and I can't think of anyone else right now. Where are Kenny P and PFL from? There names sound familiar.

I like rap and a lot of old rock. I dont like much new rock except for red hot chilipeppers and green day if you consider them new or current. I like lynyrd skynyrd, pink floyd, CCR, aerosmith, eagles, guns n roses, jimi hendrix, and a lot of other stuff i dont feel like thinking about right now.

[quote name='BlackJesus' date='Dec 19 2004, 06:33 AM'][b]
Lynyrd Skynyrd
Counting Crows
Live
Bob Marley
Trick Daddy
Greatful Dead
Steppenwolf
The Who[/b]
[right][post="27707"][/post][/right][/quote]

I noticed you like Bob Marley....
have you been smokin with Ricki Williams? :lol:

[quote name='Bengal_Smoov' date='Dec 20 2004, 09:54 AM']Have you ever heard of Leroy Brown, he's from all-over the Tri-State...He's got skills.  I know a few other local artist.. Ray Mills and I can't think of anyone else right now.  Where are Kenny P and PFL from?  There names sound familiar.
[right][post="28178"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

PFL is the highest selling group from cincy ever, i know the guys that did the leroy brown artwork, tj and lamar, they do terrible work, anyway, he is ok, kenny p is probably the most popular artist from cincy, he is from avondale area, pfl is from all over, they are older now, album came out like 99.. had a pen and pixel cover, .. i dont know ray mills, one thing i cant stand is backpacker rap that goes on here, its sickening, there isnt much tallent in cincy, the artists on my label, fiftyone third, we opened for too short, eight ball and MJG, lil wayne, BG, at the ritz, and ash money millionaires in dayton many years back, i have been out of the business for probably 3 years now, almost 4, we also used to run a hip hop club over in colerain "Club Gravity" till the riots, got shut down...

Guest Bengal_Smoov
[quote name='GoBengals' date='Dec 21 2004, 02:17 AM']PFL is the highest selling group from cincy ever, i know the guys that did the leroy brown artwork, tj and lamar, they do terrible work, anyway, he is ok, kenny p is probably the most popular artist from cincy, he is from avondale area, pfl is from all over, they are older now, album came out like 99.. had a pen and pixel cover, .. i dont know ray mills, one thing i cant stand is backpacker rap that goes on here, its sickening, there isnt much tallent in cincy, the artists on my label, fiftyone third, we opened for too short, eight ball and MJG, lil wayne, BG, at the ritz, and ash money millionaires in dayton many years back, i have been out of the business for probably 3 years now, almost 4, we also used to run a hip hop club over in colerain "Club Gravity"  till the riots, got shut down...
[right][post="28625"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

Do you ever go to FatCaps in Clifton? It's like the club in 8 mile without Eminim(sp), but there is some talent there. I went to high school with some kids from Forest Park/Lincoln Heights who do hip-hop with Noah Sweeny and a good friend of mine has a group called the Chang Dynasty. Cincy needs some good hip hop spots, I quit going to the Ritz when I lived in Cincy, I hated dogging bullets.

I like most everything except country and even that there are some songs that I dont mind.

Zepp ... All time fav
Linkin Park... They havent put out a song that I dont like
Just got the Nirvana Box set, kinda dissapointed honestly
Live
Huge Evenessence fan, Amys got such a great voice
I like about half of Godsmacks stuff
I like Staind, but Break the Cycle is the only one I liked everything on
POD, if only because they dont feel shame in being christians, the whole rock scence isnt really huge about that, plus their stuff is good
Korn, Love these guys live they put on one great show
Disturbed, I love it when rock can be musical and not just screaming and yelling, listen to it they use really melodic chord progressions alot of these bands out now are just about screaming with heavy power chords and I HATE that (cough hatebreed cough)
Metallica - however im the fan the true fans hate, I only like the black album on and I didnt care for their new one
I like some rap, JayZ, Eminem, 50, G-Unit, Nelly
Then there is the side of the that was in band and was a music major for the first 1 and a half of school....classical, Jazz (Wynton Marsalis is my hero), and (looks to see if anyone is looking) Musicals, loved Phantom, Les Mis, Chicago, liked the music in Tommy but the story sucked

Mostly if its musical I can listen to it, except country.

All time favorite: Old Metallica (They should have changed their name when they sold out and cut their hair, imo. After the Black Album, they changed. Personal favorites, Ride the Lightning and Kill 'Em All.)

Honorable Mentions:
Pantera - It might sound weird, but quite a few of their songs actually put a huge grin on my face.
Sublime
Blink 182 (Cheshire Cat only, they sold out too)
Pennywise
Van Halen
Tom Petty
Eminem
Pink Floyd
The Doors
Good Riddance
Godsmack
Megadeth
Rolling Stones
Limlin Park
Bloodhound Gang
Guttermouth
Propaghandi
Guns N' Roses

Please note: Some of these are not "great" bands, but their lyrics are just hilarious.

As far as rap goes, not much into it. I like Eminem, and the Insane Clown Possy are pretty good.

As far as country, that's pretty hard for me to get into, and it's the ONLY thing they play at my work. I like a few of Garth Brooks hits (when I'm in the mood), but otherwise, not much to mention here.

Archived