1. 1. ???

• Bobby Jones
    • Ben Hogan
    • Arnold Palmer
    • Jack Nicklaus
    • Tiger Woods
    • other

Guest BlackJesus
[b]anyone who doesn't believe that Tiger is the best ... and will break every record before he is done ....

is a retard [/b]

Guest WhoDeyForever

[quote name='BlackJesus' post='269976' date='May 18 2006, 09:07 PM'][b]anyone who doesn't believe that Tiger is the best ... and will break every record before he is done ....

is a retard [/b][/quote]

Thank you Mr.BJ as it is just not I am a kid but I also know golf as well :lol:

Guest ThurmanMunster

[quote name='WhoDeyForever' post='269960' date='May 18 2006, 07:59 PM']Why is this even a question? Tiger Woods :D[/quote]

cuz he isnt...he is just the most popular, big difference.

[quote name='BlackJesus' post='269976' date='May 18 2006, 09:07 PM'][b]anyone who doesn't believe that Tiger is the best ... and will break every record before he is done ....

is a retard [/b][/quote]

he wont touch all of the records (def. wont touch # of Major wins), plus Bobby Jones was by far the most talented ever with Jack 2nd and Palmer 3rd. Tiger had a hot couple of years and hasnt been too dominant since, he just gets all the media talk. He also has the best equipment in golf and has weighted golf balls for his swing, which hopefully will soon be illegal and he will increase a few strokes because of it.

[quote name='WhoDeyForever' post='269977' date='May 18 2006, 09:14 PM']Thank you Mr.BJ as it is just not I am a kid but I also know golf as well :lol:[/quote]

u obviously dont know it that well if u think Tiger is the best.

Guest Master Shake
Thurman I know a lot of people, especially here in the South, that agree with you that Bobby's the best...

that said, Jack's gotta be #1 for now, for what he accomplished on the tour. Tiger has not caught him yet, but if he can wins a few more majors. I don't think Tiger is an absolute certainty to pass Nicklaus in major wins, but I don't think he needs to to be considered #1 because the competition is certainly better now than what Jack faced (just as Jones' competition is questionable relative to Jack's). Tiger's peak run was better than any run Jack ever had. Anyway, I give him about a 70% chance of passing Jack in major wins by the time he turns 40, in which case the discussion will pretty much be over. The x-factor is Tiger himself and the chance that he could lose the competitive drive to stay at the level he needs to. I mean, it happened to Barry Sanders, Serena Williams, Jordan for a time... I don't think it'll happen, but that's about the only thing that could keep him from that #1 spot when all's said and done.

is a retard [/b][/quote]

Perhaps but as of now not yet.

[quote name='Master Shake' post='269992' date='May 18 2006, 10:08 PM']Thurman I know a lot of people, especially here in the South, that agree with you that Bobby's the best...

that said, Jack's gotta be #1 for now, for what he accomplished on the tour. Tiger has not caught him yet, but if he can wins a few more majors. I don't think Tiger is an absolute certainty to pass Nicklaus in major wins, but I don't think he needs to to be considered #1 because the competition is certainly better now than what Jack faced (just as Jones' competition is questionable relative to Jack's). Tiger's peak run was better than any run Jack ever had. Anyway, I give him about a 70% chance of passing Jack in major wins by the time he turns 40, in which case the discussion will pretty much be over. The x-factor is Tiger himself and the chance that he could lose the competitive drive to stay at the level he needs to. I mean, it happened to Barry Sanders, Serena Williams, Jordan for a time... I don't think it'll happen, but that's about the only thing that could keep him from that #1 spot when all's said and done.[/quote]

Completely agree.

Guest BlackJesus
[b]Tiger could still play for 40 more years .... [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/23.gif[/img] [/b]

[quote name='Jason' post='270001' date='May 18 2006, 10:24 PM']Golf is a hobby, not a sport.
:D[/quote]

I take it you've never picked up the sticks, or if you have, you've never kept score.

Tiger has an excellent chance at surpassing Jack's record for majors - he's halfway there, and honestly, I think he's just begining to "get it". The swing changes over the past 2 years were to make his swing, and his back, stand up to the test of time. Most golfers don't their majority of their wins in their 20's - it's usually later in the early to mid 30's where they blossom. If this happens to Tiger... that US Open trouncing at Pebble, and all the subsequent runs through Augusta will pale in comparison to what is ahead.

I usually root for the underdog. I hate the frontrunners, and all the arrogant assholes that root for the robot-like teams and individuals that have even money-odds every time they lace their shoes up.

But I fucking LOVE Tiger Woods. I'm captivated anytime he's playing on television. He's on a totally different level out there, and watching Thursday and Friday rounds are just insane. He's usually paired up with a couple of other guys that are totally in awe of his skills, and it just makes him look that much better.

If any of you are good at the torrents, look up the 4th round of the Doral tournament from 2005. A-FUCKING-MAZING. I couldn't take my eye's off the screen the entire time. It's Tiger and Phil going head to head down the last 18 holes, and both of them are pulling off superhuman shots. If you are a golfer, this is like the "Rumble in the Jungle", or Tyson v. Holyfield.

Tiger will have 21 majors when it's all said and done. He will NOT play on the Champions tour. He will also have the lowest scoring avg. round over a career - don't know what it is now, but I'll go ahead and pull something out of my ass and predict that Tiger will have end somewhere around 66.75 or so.

Guest ThurmanMunster

[quote name='Jason' post='270001' date='May 18 2006, 10:24 PM']Golf is a hobby, not a sport.
:D[/quote]

chances are uve never played and if u have, we should play. I will give u a stroke a hole too.

Statistically speaking Tiger may not be the best, but then again statistically speaking Jordan wasn't the best either. But we all know otherwise. Both of them have something about them that sets them apart from the others. Whether you like Tiger or not, Jordan or not, anything negative you'd have to say about either of them would be out of pure envy. Tiger will be remembered way longer than any of the others.....as will Jordan.
MULLY

Guest ThurmanMunster
[quote name='Fulcher_33' post='270084' date='May 19 2006, 02:45 AM']Statistically speaking Tiger may not be the best, but then again statistically speaking Jordan wasn't the best either. But we all know otherwise. Both of them have something about them that sets them apart from the others. Whether you like Tiger or not, Jordan or not, anything negative you'd have to say about either of them would be out of pure envy. Tiger will be remembered way longer than any of the others.....as will Jordan.
MULLY[/quote]

Jack will be remembered much longer than Tiger imo.

Guest Master Shake
[quote name='Ben' post='270150' date='May 19 2006, 10:05 AM']I dont think the competition is necessarily better now. But the technology sure as hell is.[/quote]

Well, the technology is better for everyone that's on the tour... and I would imagine that the quality of instruction has improved since Nicklaus' day and these guys are playing at a lot higher level at a much younger age.

Archived