Abu Musab Al-Zarqawi killed

Guest BengalBacker

[quote name='Homer_Rice' post='279555' date='Jun 8 2006, 05:10 PM']Had a bad day at work today. Think I'll go home and kick the dog.[/quote]

Just be warned here, he may bite you one day. [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/3.gif[/img]

Guest oldschooler
[quote name='Jamie_B' post='279553' date='Jun 8 2006, 04:05 PM']Yeah but the Championship fighter knows its a "sweet science" and chooses his best punches as opposed to just swinging like a madman.[/quote]

Swinging like a madman would be if we attacked Mexico, Canada, or some
other Nation that was just minding their own business.

Saddam was a very viable target. Ecspecially since we gave him over a
year after 9/11 to FINALLY comply like he was supposed to all along.

He could have remained in power. He took our FINAL ultimatum as
just another empty threat. And he was wrong.

[quote name='Jamie_B' post='279556' date='Jun 8 2006, 05:10 PM']Just be warned here, he may bite you one day. [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/3.gif[/img][/quote]

Well, I've had him "contained" for years now, ever since he invaded the neighbors yard and pooped in it. I beat the shit out of him then, installed all kinds of electronic surveillance devices, and for good measure, every once and a while I killed a puppy.

Then, today, my boss was an ole meany. Yeah, I'll teach him. Where's that damn dog?

[quote name='oldschooler' post='279557' date='Jun 8 2006, 05:12 PM']Swinging like a madman would be if we attacked Mexico, Canada, or some
other Nation that was just minding their own business.

Saddam was a very viable target. Ecspecially since we gave him over a
year after 9/11 to FINALLY comply like he was supposed to all along.

He could have remained in power. He took our FINAL ultimatum as
just another empty threat. And he was wrong.[/quote]

But he wasnt a imminate threat. He had no WMDs.

[quote name='Homer_Rice' post='279559' date='Jun 8 2006, 05:14 PM']Well, I've had him "contained" for years now, ever since he invaded the neighbors yard and pooped in it. I beat the shit out of him then, installed all kinds of electronic surveillance devices, and for good measure, every once and a while I killed a puppy.

Then, today, my boss was an ole meany. Yeah, I'll teach him. Where's that damn dog?[/quote]

Were they [url="http://media.putfile.com/Conan-Obrien---The-Evil-Puppy"]evil puppies[/url]? ;)

Guest bengalrick
[quote name='Jamie_B' post='279560' date='Jun 8 2006, 05:14 PM']But he wasnt a imminate threat. He had no WMDs.[/quote]

he did a good job of fooling the english intel, american intel, german intel, french intel, israeli intel, and probably 99% of the rest of the world...

btw, good point about the "madman" comment... however, old made a good point too about 9.11 changing the way we handled our old business... in hind sight, i wish that saddam was still in iraq torturing innocent people... oh wait, i think i said that wrong...

reguardless, i follow your point, see what your saying, yet i am still convinced that saddam was a thorn in our side, and a thorn in the side of the middle east... not that they are the only thorn, or even the biggest thorn (have to give that to israel, rightly or wrongly), but they were there for so long, pissing all over us, saying they had the weapons, kicking out inspectors until the last minute, and systematically screwing w/ the inspectors when they were there... all this, while buying off members of teh UN to make sure that we couldn't come into his country legitimentaly, if we ever did have the balls to go in in the first place...

btw, we've talked about all these points for months now... how come on a day of good news, are we not hearing about the fact that in 3 years, iraq has 260,000 police/military, their own gov't, the cabinet has been completed, the people voted in the consitution and the gov't, saddam is gone, uday and kusay are gone, and we just killed a murderer whose tactics included kidnapping and cutting off their heads, bombing weddings, and bombing groups of kids...

not bad for 3 years, imo...

[quote name='bengalrick' post='279565' date='Jun 8 2006, 05:29 PM']he did a good job of fooling the english intel, american intel, german intel, french intel, israeli intel, and probably 99% of the rest of the world...

btw, good point about the "madman" comment... however, old made a good point too about 9.11 changing the way we handled our old business... [b]in hind sight, i wish that saddam was still in iraq torturing innocent people... oh wait, i think i said that wrong...[/b]

reguardless, i follow your point, see what your saying, yet i am still convinced that saddam was a thorn in our side, and a thorn in the side of the middle east... not that they are the only thorn, or even the biggest thorn (have to give that to israel, rightly or wrongly), but they were there for so long, pissing all over us, saying they had the weapons, kicking out inspectors until the last minute, and systematically screwing w/ the inspectors when they were there... all this, while buying off members of teh UN to make sure that we couldn't come into his country legitimentaly, if we ever did have the balls to go in in the first place...

btw, we've talked about all these points for months now... how come on a day of good news, are we not hearing about the fact that in 3 years, iraq has 260,000 police/military, their own gov't, the cabinet has been completed, the people voted in the consitution and the gov't, saddam is gone, uday and kusay are gone, and we just killed a murderer whose tactics included kidnapping and cutting off their heads, bombing weddings, and bombing groups of kids...

not bad for 3 years, imo...[/quote]

In hinesight I wish we didnt fund him. :wave:

[quote name='oldschooler' post='279542' date='Jun 8 2006, 04:38 PM']The U.N. was profitting from Saddam being in power.
Ever heard of the Oil for Food scandal ?
A 3rd of the troops in Iraq are the National Guard.
That would mean that roughly 40,000 National Guardsmen
are in Iraq.

Nearly 124,000 troops were available for duty in the 17 states along the Katrina`s projected path. That averages to 78 percent of those states’ total Guard strength.

More than 6,200 Army and Air National Guard troops were on duty in Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama and Florida the Monday that Katrina struck.
Anyway... these are some quotes from the President...

"Iraq has abused its last chance"
'Without delay, diplomacy or warning'

Along with Prime Minister (Tony) Blair of Great Britain, I made it equally clear that if Saddam failed to cooperate fully we would be prepared to act without delay, diplomacy or warning,"
The president said the report handed in Tuesday by Richard Butler, head of the United Nations Special Commission in charge of finding and destroying Iraqi weapons, was stark and sobering.

"Iraq failed to cooperate with the inspectors and placed new restrictions on them."

Iraqi officials also destroyed records and moved everything, even the furniture, out of suspected sites before inspectors were allowed in."

"Instead of inspectors disarming Saddam, Saddam has disarmed the inspectors,"

"In halting our airstrikes in November, I gave Saddam a chance -- not a license. If we turn our backs on his defiance, the credibility of U.S. power as a check against Saddam will be destroyed," the president explained.
Iraq repeatedly blocked UNSCOM from inspecting suspect sites.
Iraq repeatedly restricted UNSCOM's ability to obtain necessary evidence.
Iraq tried to stop an UNSCOM biological weapons team from videotaping a site and photocopying documents and prevented Iraqi personnel from answering UNSCOM's questions.
Iraq has failed to turn over virtually all documents requested by the inspectors.
"We had to act, and act now," he said.

"Saddam Hussein must not be allowed to threaten his neighbors with nuclear weapons, poison gas or biological weapons,"
Of course those words came from Presidetn CLINTON in 1998, talking about Operation Desert Fox...
a full 5 years before the U.S. finally invaded...
[url="http://www.cnn.com/US/9812/16/clinton.iraq.speech/"]http://www.cnn.com/US/9812/16/clinton.iraq.speech/[/url][/quote]

Clinton knew how to do it...give some tough talk, drop a few bombs but not enough to enrage everybody and create more terrorists...and do it with a greenlight from the UN...

Completely different Bush game...

Guest oldschooler
[quote name='Jamie_B' post='279560' date='Jun 8 2006, 04:14 PM']But he wasnt a imminate threat. He had no WMDs.[/quote]

Then why wasn`t he being a good little Dictator and complying
with the terms of his surrender ?

Nah that would be to easy. Instead, HE MADE US GO THERE, to find out for sure.

Guest oldschooler

[quote name='BK Cincy Connection' post='279570' date='Jun 8 2006, 04:51 PM']Clinton knew how to do it...give some tough talk, drop a few bombs but not enough to enrage everybody and create more terrorists...and do it with a greenlight from the UN...

Completely different Bush game...[/quote]

Yeah Clinton knew how to do it alright...

1992 - Hotel bombing in Aden, Yemen where 100 U.S. servicemen were staying. No one was wounded. Osama Bin Laden claimed responsibility.

February 26, 1993 - A truck packed with bombs exploded in the underground parking garage below the north tower (1 Tower). It opened a 200-foot wide and 5-story deep hole. Six people were killed and over 1,000 injured.

November 13, 1995 - Bombing at Army training headquarters in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia; 5 Americans killed; 31 wounded;

June 25, 1996 - Khobar Towers apartments bombed at U.S. military barracks in Dhahran, Saudi Arabia; 19 Americans killed; 372 wounded;

August 7, 1998 - U.S. embassies bombed in Nairobi, Kenya, and Dar es Salaam, Tanzania; 224 killed including 12 Americans;

October 12, 2000 - USS Cole bombed in Aden, Yemen; 17 Americans killed; 39 wounded;

September 11th 2001, the attacks were planned and set into motion while Clinton
was President.

Way to go Bill ! Talk tough and send a few bombs their way... that`ll teach 'em ! [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons//41.gif[/img] :bowdown:

:wave:

[quote name='BengalBacker' post='279463' date='Jun 8 2006, 02:08 PM'][img]http://www.conceptart.org/forums/images/ca_smilies/advanced/anj_canadian.gif[/img] [img]http://www.conceptart.org/forums/images/ca_smilies/advanced/anj_canadian.gif[/img] [img]http://www.conceptart.org/forums/images/ca_smilies/advanced/anj_canadian.gif[/img]

:0stfu:

Canada's like a nerdy little kid who brags about his pacifism. Of course the only reason he doesn't get his ass kicked every day is because his big brother, who he loves to insult as being a bully, watches out for him.

It's easy to be a holier than thou pacifist and point fingers at all the war mongerers when you don't have to fight your own battles.

<_<

How's that maple syrup crop looking this year?

:sterb041:[/quote]

My oh my...It looks like I hit a nerve again. You know, you shouldn't dish it out if you can't take it.

My point on the pledge of allegiance has very little to do with Canada vs. the U.S...And alot more to do with your 'Hooray. He's dead. I'm American.' declaration.

The point being that a few dropped bombs is about all it takes for the chest-thumpers to come out and say..."SEE? Look how great we are! We killed him DAMNED GOOD."

Of course, as a Canadian I suppose I should be thankful that these bombs are dropped to keep me safe as well. Unfortunately, it could well be that the proximity and friendly relationship with the Americans in Afghanistan which has raised our profile for the worst. Thanks for nothing.

All that, and yet still we saddle up what military forces we do have to go play garbageman and playground supervisor for the squabbles left in the wake of the 'Forces of Freedom' . It's a dirty job, but someone has to do it...And I suppose that Canadians believe that helping people put bombed out countries back together is the right thing to do.

Ultimately, though...Your comments don't appear to really relate to Canada, as much as you are stuck on the fact that I would dare criticize the sterling reputation of your current administration.

I suppose you have two options, really...Suck it up, or launch a boycott on that maple syrup crop that you mentioned.

Because when it all comes down to it, I'm not about to STFU for you or any of the other mouth-breathing jingoites that equate the core of their being with the actions of the U.S. government being morally sanctified, despite the fact that their is sufficient media evidence to the contrary (on a number of activities).

But again, that is getting away from the thread's topic...Which is the impact of killing a bad man that the American government essentially 'created' in the first place (for the purpose of dissent in Afghanistan).

If this really is the guy they say it is...And it must be, or they wouldn't have the "DNA" evidence (I wonder when they originally acquired that?)...And if he really is as dangerous as the 'outed' PSYOPS campaign has made him out to be, then I suppose it is a good thing.

But the ensuing presentation and chest-puffing is the laughable part...Simply because we have seen it repeated on this board just about every time that the administration needs a PR shot in the arm.

Of course, I don't expect some of you to recognize that...Because that would be almost like an admission of guilt or the 'requirement' of justification to be in that country. And God knows, many of you are still pretty happy with the justification that was given 3-4 years ago...It's asking a lot for you to reconsider now. [i](That would be primarily directed at you, OLD)[/i]

[quote name='oldschooler' post='279554' date='Jun 8 2006, 05:09 PM']Hey I love Canada too. I have nothing against the Country or it`s people.
But I hate Canadians that look down their noses, act like their
Country is superior to ours in every way, root on the "Freedom Fighters"
and cheer for the death of U.S. soldiers.
But I also hate all Americans who talk/think that way...[/quote]

You know, I feel much the same way...I have nothing against America or its people.
But I hate Americans who are so rigidly complicit in their spoonfed understanding of American Foreign Affairs.
And especially those who think their country is superior to all others and cheer RAH RAH when bombs drop overseas...Or who turn a convenient blind eye when rights of due process and freedom from torture are blatantly ignored.
Because it is pretty obvious that there isn't any superiority on moral justification for that...But some Americans just don't care, if it means that they can sit comfortably in front of their TV and see the mayhem from afar.
I'm not fond of Americans who cheer for the death or foreign militants just because they aren't American militants...And who haven't got the first clue in conceiving why such men would take up arms against foreign control in their region.

And so it goes...And so it goes.

BJ disagrees with the administration, so he is a radical conspiracy theorist.
I disagree with the administration, so I am a self-righteous communist.
Coy disagrees with the administration, so he is a bitter negro who won't let go of past persecution.
Homer is...Well, he quotes history and philosophy too much.

Ultimately, it appears that the surest way to be shunted to the extreme right or left, or marginalized on any trumped-up charge...Would be to disagree with the administration.

Who knew it was that easy to labeled an outsider on one's own continent?

But then again, this seems to be the way that this war is fought on the homefront. There are only a few acceptable opinions on the matter, with the rest leading to the bitter reproach of the vocal mob...75% of whom have a past or present married to military subservience.

So let's get it on...

BZ

Guest bengalrick

[quote name='Jamie_B' post='279567' date='Jun 8 2006, 05:31 PM']In hinesight I wish we didnt fund him. :wave:[/quote]

no question about that...

honest question: do you think we should help any interior revolutions like a revolution in iran by supporting the people? not that that is the same as what we're talking about but it is similar in that we were supporting the "lesser" evil as we saw it at the time... imo, supporting a revolution in iran is a smart idea, but could bite us in the ass if it fails... the people in the middle east deserve to have choices, instead of dictators... no, iran doesn't quite fit that bill... instead of a dictator, they have the supreme leader and the president appointing anyone they want w/ little resistance if any... how does this help the people? you can say that we are "forcing this on them" but explain that a little better for me... b/c forcing freedom on someone seems like an oxymoron... the ones that are being forced are the poor citizens that have to live under an iron fist...

Guest BlackJesus

[quote name='Jamie_B' post='279553' date='Jun 8 2006, 05:05 PM']Yeah but the Championship fighter knows its a "sweet science" and chooses his best punches as opposed to just swinging like a madman.[/quote]

[b] :thumbsup:

something tells me you going to be alright in the end Jamie .... ^_^ [/b]

Guest bengalrick
[quote name='BK Cincy Connection' post='279570' date='Jun 8 2006, 05:51 PM']Clinton knew how to do it...give some tough talk, drop a few bombs but not enough to enrage everybody and create more terrorists...and do it with a greenlight from the UN...

Completely different Bush game...[/quote]

[i]"After our victory in Afghanistan and the defeat of the oppressors who had killed millions of Muslims, the legend about the invincibility of the superpowers vanished. Our boys no longer viewed America as a superpower. So, when they left Afghanistan, they went to Somalia and prepared themselves carefully for a long war. They had thought that the Americans were like the Russians, so they trained and prepared. They were stunned when they discovered how low was the morale of the American soldier. America had entered with 30,000 soldiers in addition to thousands of soldiers from different countries in the world. ... [b]As I said, our boys were shocked by the low morale of the American soldier and they realized that the American soldier was just a paper tiger. He was unable to endure the strikes that were dealt to his army, so he fled, and America had to stop all its bragging and all that noise it was making in the press after the Gulf War in which it destroyed the infrastructure and the milk and dairy industry that was vital for the infants and the children and the civilians and blew up dams which were necessary for the crops people grew to feed their families. Proud of this destruction, America assumed the titles of world leader and master of the new world order. After a few blows, it forgot all about those titles and rushed out of Somalia in shame and disgrace, dragging the bodies of its soldiers.[/b] America stopped calling itself world leader and master of the new world order, and its politicians realized that those titles were too big for them and that they were unworthy of them. I was in Sudan when this happened. I was very happy to learn of that great defeat that America suffered, so was every Muslim."[/i]

^

Osama Bin Laden talking to [url="http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/shows/binladen/who/interview.html"]ABC reporter John Miller in May of 1998[/url]... he was responding to a question about somalia... one could EASILY argue that the whole reason for the rise of AQ, is b/c of our pacifist foreign policy attitude in that period... just like you said, he would talk a big game, throw some bombs, and come back home beating his chest like he was a bad ass... you don't think that these guys who are now cutting peoples heads off couldn't see through that? if you threaten someone, you better mean it... not that you have to be a cowboy about it, but like i said, you better mean it or it means nothing...

[quote name='oldschooler' post='279588' date='Jun 8 2006, 06:46 PM']Yeah Clinton knew how to do it alright...

1992 - Hotel bombing in Aden, Yemen where 100 U.S. servicemen were staying. No one was wounded. Osama Bin Laden claimed responsibility.

February 26, 1993 - A truck packed with bombs exploded in the underground parking garage below the north tower (1 Tower). It opened a 200-foot wide and 5-story deep hole. Six people were killed and over 1,000 injured.

November 13, 1995 - Bombing at Army training headquarters in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia; 5 Americans killed; 31 wounded;

June 25, 1996 - Khobar Towers apartments bombed at U.S. military barracks in Dhahran, Saudi Arabia; 19 Americans killed; 372 wounded;

August 7, 1998 - U.S. embassies bombed in Nairobi, Kenya, and Dar es Salaam, Tanzania; 224 killed including 12 Americans;

October 12, 2000 - USS Cole bombed in Aden, Yemen; 17 Americans killed; 39 wounded;

September 11th 2001, the attacks were planned and set into motion while Clinton
was President.
Way to go Bill ! Talk tough and send a few bombs their way... that`ll teach 'em ! [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons//41.gif[/img] :bowdown:
:wave:[/quote]

Reagan was the OG terrorist appeaser

[url="http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/shows/target/etc/cron.html"]http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/sh...t/etc/cron.html[/url]

btw, I got to this thread late and i'm really confused about what this thread started out as

[quote name='bengalrick' post='279634' date='Jun 8 2006, 08:37 PM'][i]"After our victory in Afghanistan and the defeat of the oppressors who had killed millions of Muslims, the legend about the invincibility of the superpowers vanished. Our boys no longer viewed America as a superpower. So, when they left Afghanistan, they went to Somalia and prepared themselves carefully for a long war. They had thought that the Americans were like the Russians, so they trained and prepared. They were stunned when they discovered how low was the morale of the American soldier. America had entered with 30,000 soldiers in addition to thousands of soldiers from different countries in the world. ... [b]As I said, our boys were shocked by the low morale of the American soldier and they realized that the American soldier was just a paper tiger. He was unable to endure the strikes that were dealt to his army, so he fled, and America had to stop all its bragging and all that noise it was making in the press after the Gulf War in which it destroyed the infrastructure and the milk and dairy industry that was vital for the infants and the children and the civilians and blew up dams which were necessary for the crops people grew to feed their families. Proud of this destruction, America assumed the titles of world leader and master of the new world order. After a few blows, it forgot all about those titles and rushed out of Somalia in shame and disgrace, dragging the bodies of its soldiers.[/b] America stopped calling itself world leader and master of the new world order, and its politicians realized that those titles were too big for them and that they were unworthy of them. I was in Sudan when this happened. I was very happy to learn of that great defeat that America suffered, so was every Muslim."[/i]

^

Osama Bin Laden talking to [url="http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/shows/binladen/who/interview.html"]ABC reporter John Miller in May of 1998[/url]... he was responding to a question about somalia... one could EASILY argue that the whole reason for the rise of AQ, is b/c of our pacifist foreign policy attitude in that period... just like you said, he would talk a big game, throw some bombs, and come back home beating his chest like he was a bad ass... you don't think that these guys who are now cutting peoples heads off couldn't see through that? if you threaten someone, you better mean it... not that you have to be a cowboy about it, but like i said, you better mean it or it means nothing...[/quote]

Somalia should have been a big wake up call to the US military. There will be no more wars w/ a trenchline and defined enemy.

Guest BlackJesus
[quote]Reagan was the OG terrorist appeaser[/quote]

[center][img]http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j318/Tredcrow/ashcroft101502.jpg[/img][/center]

Guest BlackJesus
[quote name='Rumble in the Jungle' post='279399' date='Jun 8 2006, 01:07 PM']those pictures of the marines beating and torturing the iraqi's is sickning.[/quote]

[center]
[img]http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j318/Tredcrow/WeAreBetterThanSaddam.gif[/img]

[img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/23.gif[/img] [/center]

Guest BlackJesus
[quote name='oldschooler' post='279580' date='Jun 8 2006, 06:17 PM']Then why wasn`t he being a good little Dictator and complying
with the terms of his surrender ?
HE MADE US GO THERE[/quote]

[center][img]http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j318/Tredcrow/SpeadingFreedom.gif[/img][/center]

Guest BlackJesus

[b][size=3]Our nation is so militarized and blood thirsty ...

we may be past the point of no hope .... -_-

[center][img]http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j318/Tredcrow/f5cfb398.jpg[/img][/size][/b][/center]

Its been past that since 9-11. Time to start taking care of business. We hear everyday how we are losing. Well time to take the gloves off. Today was the first step. We could go in and carpet bomb the shit out of them but you have to do surgical strikes and that takes time. Today we did. :lmao:

Guest BlackJesus
[quote name='TheBZ' post='279618' date='Jun 8 2006, 07:41 PM']You know, I feel much the same way...I have nothing against America or its people.
But I hate Americans who are so rigidly complicit in their spoonfed understanding of American Foreign Affairs.

And especially those who think their country is superior to all others and cheer RAH RAH when bombs drop overseas...[/quote]

[size=3][center][b]hey there's always a chance for some border arranging .... [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/39.gif[/img]
(although we would need to change that to Pharisee Land) [/b] [/size]

[img]http://www.mattszabo.com/archives/JesusLand2.jpg[/img][/center]

[quote name='BlackJesus' post='279654' date='Jun 8 2006, 09:04 PM'][size=3][center][b]hey there's always a chance for some border arranging .... [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons//39.gif[/img]
(although we would need to change that to Pharisee Land) [/b] [/size]
[img]http://www.mattszabo.com/archives/JesusLand2.jpg[/img][/center][/quote]

:0stfu:

Archived