Abu Musab Al-Zarqawi killed

Guest BengalBacker

Guest oldschooler
[quote name='TheBZ' post='279618' date='Jun 8 2006, 06:41 PM']But the ensuing presentation and chest-puffing is the laughable part...Simply because we have seen it repeated on this board just about every time that the administration needs a PR shot in the arm.

Of course, I don't expect some of you to recognize that...Because that would be almost like an admission of guilt or the 'requirement' of justification to be in that country. And God knows, many of you are still pretty happy with the justification that was given 3-4 years ago...It's asking a lot for you to reconsider now. [i](That would be primarily directed at you, OLD)[/i][/quote]

I don`t need to reconsider shit. I thought we had good reason to be in Iraq, 15 years ago.
I thought Saddam should have been over thrown then. In the 12 years that the U.S. ALLOWED
him to remain in power, all he did was assure me that my feelings were right. The only
regrets I have about invading Iraq, is that it wasn`t done sooner. Oh and I regret the
few dumbass soldiers, that were tried and convicted, in Abu Ghraib...

[quote]You know, I feel much the same way...I have nothing against America or its people.
But I hate Americans who are so rigidly complicit in their spoonfed understanding of American Foreign Affairs.
And especially those who think their country is superior to all others and cheer RAH RAH when bombs drop overseas...Or who turn a convenient blind eye when rights of due process and freedom from torture are blatantly ignored.[/quote]

I don`t like those people either. Oh wait... were you trying to label me as one of those ?
Because if so... you`re clueless as fuck. Just because I agree with the war in Iraq, doesn`t
in any way, shape or form mean that I agree with torturing. I`m all for due process too.
But I don`t think the terrorist deserve the same "rights of due process" as an enemy soldier that abides by
the Geneva Convention, a U.S. citizen, or a citizen from a sovereign country, such as yourself.

[quote]Because it is pretty obvious that there isn't any superiority on moral justification for that...But some Americans just don't care, if it means that they can sit comfortably in front of their TV and see the mayhem from afar.
I'm not fond of Americans who cheer for the death or foreign militants [b]just because they aren't American militants[/b]...And who haven't got the first clue in conceiving why such men would take up arms against foreign control in their region.[/quote]

I cheer for their death because they`re trying to kill Americans.

They are an estimated 15,000-20,000 insurgents out of a population
of more than 26 MILLION people, in Iraq. The majority of Iraqi`s aren`t trying
to kill our soldiers. The people that are trying to kill our soldiers and
innocent civilians, are taking up arms because they lost power when
Saddam was ousted, and they are now the minority (Sunnis). Or because
they have some fucked up view of a peaceful religion.

[quote]BJ disagrees with the administration, so he is a radical conspiracy theorist.
I disagree with the administration, so I am a self-righteous communist.
Coy disagrees with the administration, so he is a bitter negro who won't let go of past persecution.
Homer is...Well, he quotes history and philosophy too much.

Ultimately, it appears that the surest way to be shunted to the extreme right or left, or marginalized on any trumped-up charge...Would be to disagree with the administration.

Who knew it was that easy to labeled an outsider on one's own continent?[/quote]

I disagree with the Administration too. Just not on this topic, and not on
EVERYTHING they do, unlike the group you posted above.
But I agree with your summary of BJ, yourself, Coy and Homer.

[quote]What a load of horse shit. What exactly is he proposing that we do in Iraq. Nuke the whole damn country?[/quote]
Probably how "my girl" put it, do what we did in Japan.

[quote]The comment about minority students is totally off base. No one is worried about the WEALTHY minorities. College admisson standards are designed to take into account that an OVERWHELMING MAJORITY of minority students do not have the resources to compete with even middle class white students.[/quote] No stats? I can't argue with you because I have non either, but i can only point out that the author did say: Yet a society as enormously powerful as America lacks the authority to ask its most brilliant, wealthy and superbly educated minority students to compete freely for college admission with [b]poor [/b] whites who lack all these things. Just can't do it.

[quote][u]But the biggest bullshit line in there is the fact that there are no serious racists left in the U.S[/u].. The KKK is still very popular around here. I've actually attended one of the rallies that they have in Newport, TN every year around MLK day. I bet i can also find an exclusive all-white country club in every major city in the U.S. I remember back in the early 1990's (NOT 1950's) when the University of Tennessee made Wade Houston the first black head basketball coach in the SEC. Every head coach at UT received a membership in the exclusive Sequoya Hills Country Club as a perk. Well Wade was refused because he was black. It was a big wake up call to alot of people around here. These country club members were some of the most powerful business owners in Knoxville. Do any of you believe that they treated African Americans fairly in their business dealings when they wouldn't even allow a wealthy, highly successful man like Wade Houston join their social club? Since 2000 there have been multiple examples of the prevailence of racism in America today. The Chief of the Chicago Fire Department had to step down because of racial problems on his force. The Los Angelas Police Department also was also torn apart by racial problems among employees. Multiple police forces have admitted to racial profiling. Racism is EVERYWHER in America today. Just because many racists try to keep a lower profile does not mean that it has gone away.[/quote]

again, I will point out what the author did say:
There are no [b]serious advocates[/b] of white supremacy in America today, [u]because whites see this idea as morally repugnant.[/u] If there is still the [b]odd white bigot [/b] out there surviving past his time, there are [u]millions of whites who only feel goodwill toward minorities[/u].

I just wanted to add, correct me if I am wrong, do we not have a "Hate Crime Law"

fredtoast, you concern me with your reading comprehension level or you deliberately take words out of context

Guest oldschooler

[quote name='BengalBacker' post='279804' date='Jun 9 2006, 02:09 AM']Well, first of all, what did I "dish out"? If you honestly think that I wasn't using humor in that statement you aren't very perceptive. Do you consider me a chest thumper? Am I just a sheep believing whatever this administration says? Just because I don't believe every conspiracy theory that gets floated, and I don't think this administration is the most evil that ever walked the face of the earth, that doesn't mean I blindly believe America is pure as the driven snow. The overwhelming majority of the conservative leaning posters on this board are not chest thumping sheep. The overwhelming majority of liberal leaning posters on this board thrive on anything that puts America in a bad light. They'll believe any conspiracy, they'll defend, and excuse the behavior of the most vile people if it helps their America hating mindset, and they'll somehow find a way to blame America for every evil that exists in the world, and give no credit for any of the good. Shit just ain't that simple.

Yes I'm happy when people like Al-Zarqawi are killed. You're happy when American soldiers are killed. I think that makes you a lot more fucked in the head than I'll ever be, but hey, it's a FREE country.
Yeah, I think you should just tuck your tail between your legs and let us take the brunt of any reprisals. Just like the rest of the world, you don't want to stand up against the terrorists and make yourself a target. Let the big bully America handle it while you cower in the corner being neutral. Out of one side of your mouth you can say you like America and we're your friends. Out of the other side of your mouth you can call us greedy fucking war mongerers who should leave everyone else alone. That should keep you nice and fucking safe with everybody.

You can do things differently than America does because you're NOT America, and because there IS an America to do those things.
Well thank you for sticking your neck out. After all, America never comes to the aid of a country they've liberated from an oppressive regime.

Criticizing administrations is what freedom is all about. Categorizing good people that don't hate America and who are glad to see someone like Al-Zarqawi dead as chest thumpers, plus cheering the deaths of American soldiers crosses lines for me. My problem isn't with Canada. It's with a lot of canadians. I stand by my analogy of the nerdy, pacifist kid. You are NOT in our shoes. Sometimes we have to put on combat boots, while you can stay comfortable in your slippers.
I don't have to suck anything up. I also don't have to sit idly by while you trash my country. I'm pretty sure I can survive the rest of my life without maple syrup or anything self-righteous canadians have to offer me.
Mouth breathing jingoite???? Equate the core of my being with blah blah blah????? Me???? Again, you aren't very perceptive because that ain't me. As far as the STFU icon I used, I was mostly just looking for a time to finally use it. :) You, of course, don't have to STFU. It's more in the context of, I can talk about my family but you can't. Or a black person can say nigger but a white person can't. But feel free to continue to trash my country if it makes you feel better about yourself.
The world is a complicated place. Friends become enemies and enemies become friends, usually for reasons that are perfectly logical and in our best interest at the time.
Ya think?
Again, not really.
Oldschooler has more common sense than all of you "intellectuals" put together. People like you absorb bullshit. He sees through it.
The opposite is equally true, if not more extreme. If I don't think Bush and America are the personification of evil, I'm a mouth breathing jingoite at best. There is no middle ground with the extreme left or the extreme right. I see a lot of extreme left on this board, but not much extreme right no matter how much many of you want to label some as such.

Al-Zarqawi is dead and that makes me happy.

I'm American and wouldn't want to be anything else.

That doesn't mean we're perfect, but we fucking rock.

:headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

:1hump:[/quote]

[img]http://www.bobandaj.info/wp-content/applause.gif[/img]

My thoughts on the subject as follows:

Short term wise this is somewhat of a victory. Although I do believe we shouldn't be in Iraq, whatever, this provides a semi-morale boost for the troops in the various reason.

Although you could argue that the reason is bullshit and there really is no victory there, the troops who suffer everyday, need to feel that they are fighting for some sort of purpose and this does help a little.

For that I am glad.

However, this so called "war on terror" will never stop. It is a never ending thing. And for those of you who think staying in Iraq longer, will eventually allow them to stablilize and form their own government which will stay in tact, upon our departure are kidding themselves. I wish I was as optimistic as you. See we have to operate on a time tabel. Insurgents do not. They can sit and wait, sit and wait and eventually when we leave, they can unite and cause destructure to the Iraqi government structure. Going into this thing was a near impossible thing to win, unless you look at total victory as the removal of Saddam. This is a similar to Vietnam senario, different players, same game. Near impossible for us to win, making the US look worse in the international community and in the end not doing us much good at all.

[quote name='BK Cincy Connection' post='279527' date='Jun 8 2006, 04:12 PM']How about the US going into Afghan with the support of the entire world...what about the Gulf War, where the world including the middle east supported that action...
No "white" guilt there...what guilt is there if any invasion is just? As for cases where the circumstances around invasion are shaky at best there should be guilt...

If the shoe fits...

And exactly how are we holding back in Iraq? From everything I've heard and seen our military is stretched thin around the world (remember lack of national guardsmen in New Orleans for our domestic emergency?) We don't seem to have more bodies to put there and thank God the public opinion has a little sway in our action or else it could be worse.

How many megatons of bombs have we dropped on that country? Just questions in my mind from reading the "white guilt reason US tippytoes in war since WWII)

Maybe its war has changed and people realized how you defeat industrial nations is by not going head up, it is to stick and move...wear down public opinion in US etc.[/quote]

At first, I wasn't going to reply, because I don't think you know what the fuck you are talking about.

[quote]From everything I've heard and seen our military is stretched thin around the world (remember lack of national guardsmen in New Orleans for our domestic emergency?)[/quote]

This is false:
[url="http://www.ngb.army.mil/media/index.asp#mediareleases"]http://www.ngb.army.mil/media/index.asp#mediareleases[/url]

Lieutenant General H Steven Blum
Chief, National Guard Bureau
Chief, National Guard Bureau Executive Summary

In August 2005, with more than 80,000 troops already mobilized for the global war on terror and faced with Katrina, a catastrophic hurricane, the Gulf Coast governors called upon the Guard. The Guard, the nation’s preeminent military domestic response force, fulfilled our commitment to the governors and our neighbors. [u]In spite of a massive wartime mobilization, the Guard mobilized and deployed the largest domestic response force in history. Soldiers and Airmen from all 50 states, the territories of Guam and the U.S. Virgin Islands, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico and the District of Columbia deployed in record time in support of their Gulf Coast neighbors.[/u] Never before had every corner of America answered the desperate cry of our neighbors in such unison. Truly, when you call out the Guard, you call out America!

How many megatons of bombs have we dropped on that country? Just questions in my mind from reading the "white guilt reason US tippytoes in war since WWII)

If we dropped a [b]megaton[/b] bomb on Iraq, I doubt half the country would be there :lol:
[i]The megaton of TNT has traditionally been used to rate the energy output, and hence destructive power, of nuclear weapons.[/i]

[quote]Maybe its war has changed and people realized how you defeat industrial nations is by not going head up, it is to stick and move...wear down public opinion in US etc.[/quote]
Nothing has changed, this was the tactic learned from the Vietnam war in defeating a Democracy, due to the
fact that it's (Democratic Country) citizens harbor a low tolereance for war before war-weariness sets in.

[quote name='oldschooler' post='279588' date='Jun 8 2006, 06:46 PM']Yeah Clinton knew how to do it alright...

1992 - Hotel bombing in Aden, Yemen where 100 U.S. servicemen were staying. No one was wounded. Osama Bin Laden claimed responsibility.

February 26, 1993 - A truck packed with bombs exploded in the underground parking garage below the north tower (1 Tower). It opened a 200-foot wide and 5-story deep hole. Six people were killed and over 1,000 injured.

November 13, 1995 - Bombing at Army training headquarters in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia; 5 Americans killed; 31 wounded;

June 25, 1996 - Khobar Towers apartments bombed at U.S. military barracks in Dhahran, Saudi Arabia; 19 Americans killed; 372 wounded;

August 7, 1998 - U.S. embassies bombed in Nairobi, Kenya, and Dar es Salaam, Tanzania; 224 killed including 12 Americans;

October 12, 2000 - USS Cole bombed in Aden, Yemen; 17 Americans killed; 39 wounded;

September 11th 2001, the attacks were planned and set into motion while Clinton
was President.
Way to go Bill ! Talk tough and send a few bombs their way... that`ll teach 'em ! [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons//41.gif[/img] :bowdown:
:wave:[/quote]

how many more have and will die these past few years in an unnecassary war...he should have concentrated on Afghan. and kept the promises made to those people while continuing to work with the many nations there to continue building credit...diplomacy could have solved Iraq impasse...Al Qaeda is not a country...

[quote name='BlackJesus' post='279198' date='Jun 8 2006, 01:54 AM'][color="#000099"][b]what is odd, is that the China Daily reported him being arrested alive according to Iraqi sources yeterday ?[/b][/color]
[size=3][u]
[url="http://www.chinadaily.com.cn/english/doc/2005-01/04/content_405831.htm"]http://www.chinadaily.com.cn/english/doc/2...tent_405831.htm[/url][/quote]

Apparently the China Daily was correct about this. CNN.com is running the headline that Al-Zarqawi was arrested but later died.

[b]U.S. military: Al-Zarqawi alive when troops arrived
[/b]
Friday, June 9, 2006; Posted: 9:47 a.m. EDT (13:47 GMT)

BAGHDAD, Iraq (CNN) -- Abu Musab al-Zarqawi was alive on a stretcher and tried to move off it when U.S. troops reached the wounded terrorist leader after his safe house had been bombed, a U.S. general said at a news conference Friday.

"Zarqawi did survive the airstrike," said Maj. Gen. William Caldwell, the spokesman for the U.S. military in Baghdad. "We did in fact see him alive."

Caldwell said he did not know how many minutes al-Zarqawi survived. He was the only person to survive the blast, reports indicate, and "mumbled a little something" indistinguishable to troops.

"The first people on the scene were the Iraqi police. They had found him and put him into some kind of gurney, stretcher, .... and then American coalition forces arrived immediately thereafter on site," Caldwell said.

"According to the person on the ground, Zarqawi attempted to ... turn away off the stretcher. Everybody re-secured him back on to the stretcher but he died almost immediately thereafter from the wounds he had received from the airstrike."

Acting on a maze of intelligence and tips, troops had targeted a "safe house" near Baquba in which al-Zarqawi was staying Wednesday evening. An F-16 jet dropped two 500-pound bombs on the house, reducing it to rubble. (Watch how al-Zarqawi's final moments unfolded -- 2:27)

Samir al-Sumaidie, Iraq's new ambassador to the United States, compared al-Zarqawi's life to a plague: "He wreaked havoc and he went. Good riddance."

"He headed a network of thugs and brutal killers," al-Sumaidie told CNN. Asked whether the death will end the insurgency, al-Sumaidie said, "It's not going to be overnight, but I do believe this will degrade their ability to do damage."

In Washington, President Bush congratulated U.S. troops for a "remarkable achievement." (The road to al-Zarqawi)

"Zarqawi is dead, but the difficult and necessary mission in Iraq continues," he said. "We can expect the terrorists and insurgents to carry on without him."

A day after al-Zarqawi's death, at least 37 Iraqis died in Baghdad bombings Thursday, even as the Iraqi parliament ended a stalemate by finally naming key security ministers. (Full story)

The FBI said there is no evidence that a retaliatory strike is in the works as a result of al-Zarqawi's death, but the agency advised its agents to review ongoing probes and intelligence in the hopes of detecting any possible revenge.

FBI spokesman Richard Kolko said the agency had matched the dead man's fingerprints with al-Zarqawi's prints on file and also would do a DNA analysis. Al Zarqawi's death was confirmed on Islamic Web sites.

[quote name='bengalrick' post='279632' date='Jun 8 2006, 08:30 PM']no question about that...

honest question: do you think we should help any interior revolutions like a revolution in iran by supporting the people? not that that is the same as what we're talking about but it is similar in that we were supporting the "lesser" evil as we saw it at the time... imo, supporting a revolution in iran is a smart idea, but could bite us in the ass if it fails... the people in the middle east deserve to have choices, instead of dictators... no, iran doesn't quite fit that bill... instead of a dictator, they have the supreme leader and the president appointing anyone they want w/ little resistance if any... how does this help the people? you can say that we are "forcing this on them" but explain that a little better for me... b/c forcing freedom on someone seems like an oxymoron... the ones that are being forced are the poor citizens that have to live under an iron fist...[/quote]

that was done, installed the King and they overthrew his ass in the revolution...we can't pick and choose who we want to support to take over or lead a country...later it does come back to bite you in that you have to have troops there to support the "leader" or revolution...

influencing policy in other countries by force does not work...This government set up in Iraq will eventually come back and bite us in the ass. They'll probably be allies with Iran, how's that for irony?

[quote name='Lawman' date='Jun 9 2006, 09:39 AM' post='279859']
At first, I wasn't going to reply, because I don't think you know what the fuck you are talking about.

[b]I know the Bush administration made huge errors costing countless thousands of lives by invading a then sovereign nation and turning it into a headache for you, me, and our children...[/b]

This is false:
[url="http://www.ngb.army.mil/media/index.asp#mediareleases"]http://www.ngb.army.mil/media/index.asp#mediareleases[/url]

Lieutenant General H Steven Blum
Chief, National Guard Bureau
Chief, National Guard Bureau Executive Summary

In August 2005, with more than 80,000 troops already mobilized for the global war on terror and faced with Katrina, a catastrophic hurricane, the Gulf Coast governors called upon the Guard. The Guard, the nation’s preeminent military domestic response force, fulfilled our commitment to the governors and our neighbors. [u]In spite of a massive wartime mobilization, the Guard mobilized and deployed the largest domestic response force in history. Soldiers and Airmen from all 50 states, the territories of Guam and the U.S. Virgin Islands, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico and the District of Columbia deployed in record time in support of their Gulf Coast neighbors.[/u] Never before had every corner of America answered the desperate cry of our neighbors in such unison. Truly, when you call out the Guard, you call out America!

[b]No disrespect to the Guard but this is exactly what I expect to come from Mr. Blum. What was he going to say, "my commander in chief screwed up and has a lot of my boys doing double and triple tours in Iraq."[/b]

If we dropped a [b]megaton[/b] bomb on Iraq, I doubt half the country would be there :lol:
[i]The megaton of TNT has traditionally been used to rate the energy output, and hence destructive power, of nuclear weapons.[/i]

[b]sorry I'm not a scientist, but trust me I know things you don't either. wrong word aside we have dropped plenty enough bombs to kill countless thousands of Iraqi civilians. (BTW it is not out of the question this country in the past 3-4 yrs-including the pre war "softening up" period of air strikes-has dropped 1 M tons of TNT...)[/b]

Nothing has changed, this was the tactic learned from the Vietnam war in defeating a Democracy, due to the
fact that it's (Democratic Country) citizens harbor a low tolereance for war before war-weariness sets in.

[b]yeah, I thought that is what I was referring to.[/b]

Guest bengalrick
[quote name='BK Cincy Connection' post='279869' date='Jun 9 2006, 10:15 AM']that was done, installed the King and they overthrew his ass in the revolution...we can't pick and choose who we want to support to take over or lead a country...later it does come back to bite you in that you have to have troops there to support the "leader" or revolution...

influencing policy in other countries by force does not work...This government set up in Iraq will eventually come back and bite us in the ass. They'll probably be allies with Iran, how's that for irony?[/quote]

do you think that the people of iran have a chance to ever overthrow their current gov't, w/out outside intervention of some sort? i mean, an army the size of iran would pummle iranian militias w/ 1950 weapon's technology... they need the weapons and training to win...

[quote name='Jamie_B' post='279911' date='Jun 9 2006, 12:10 PM']Am I the only one disturbed by both the "America Fuck yeah" talk as well as the "Die American Oppressor" talk?
Is there a middle ground here?[/quote]

The problem with warfare in general is that it makes life cheap, when a healthy culture ought to be doing all it can to make life precious. Thus, when a country goes to war, it ought to be for good reason.

[quote name='Homer_Rice' post='279961' date='Jun 9 2006, 01:17 PM']The problem with warfare in general is that it makes life cheap, when a healthy culture ought to be doing all it can to make life precious. Thus, when a country goes to war, it ought to be for good reason.[/quote]

Agreed.

[quote name='bengalrick' post='279917' date='Jun 9 2006, 12:17 PM']do you think that the people of iran have a chance to ever overthrow their current gov't, w/out outside intervention of some sort? i mean, an army the size of iran would pummle iranian militias w/ 1950 weapon's technology... they need the weapons and training to win...[/quote]

I hear you...I think indirect assistance is fine as long as in the court of public opinion you show you are working diplomacy...it is important to the native people that they not see us trying to have too big an influence.

I would have preferred the US hadn't hung the Shiites out to dry in the 90's...they got crushed and paid heavily for their brief insurrection. US should have done as promised and given material support-maybe even limited air strikes-but w/o committing ground troops. When we have ground troops on foreign soil, no matter the purpose, the natives eventually want the troops off that land.

We just have to be smarter in how we proceed in the future including NOT INVADING IRAN because that...would be disastrous.

Guest BlackJesus
[center][img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/39.gif[/img]

[b]Also if they used two 500 pound bombs sending smoke and fire bursting into air.

Why do the pictures released miraculously show a cleaned up Zarqawi with his upper torso and head virtually unscathed with even his hair unsinged.[/b][/center]

[quote name='BK Cincy Connection' post='279527' date='Jun 8 2006, 02:12 PM']How about the US going into Afghan with the support of the entire world...what about the Gulf War, where [b](remember lack of national guardsmen in New Orleans for our domestic emergency?) [/b][/quote]
Totally untrue. The guardsmen were there for the deploying, but under state/federal law, the governor of the state HAS to order their deployment, and Blanco failed to do so DESPITE constant urging from Bush and the administration.

[quote name='BlackJesus' post='280087' date='Jun 9 2006, 03:17 PM'][center][img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/39.gif[/img]

[b]Also if they used two 500 pound bombs sending smoke and fire bursting into air.

Why do the pictures released miraculously show a cleaned up Zarqawi with his upper torso and head virtually unscathed with even his hair unsinged.[/b][/center][/quote]
Because the building was heavily fortified with steel and concrete, and then we cleaned up his body for his mug shot.

Guest Johnsons4Life
[quote name='BlackJesus' post='280087' date='Jun 9 2006, 04:17 PM'][center][img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/39.gif[/img]

Why do the pictures released miraculously show a cleaned up Zarqawi with his upper torso and head virtually unscathed with even his hair unsinged.[/b][/center][/quote]

I just saw the latest report and appearently he was still alive for a little bit after the bombs went off. He didn't get the meat of the blast but just got schrapnel and debris flying that got him. He even tried to roll off the stretcher when he realized he saw american and polish uniforms. Police where there first from what the report said. He muttered some shit before he died when all of the police and militarys arrived.

[quote name='Homer_Rice' post='279961' date='Jun 9 2006, 11:17 AM']The problem with warfare in general is that it makes life cheap, when a healthy culture ought to be doing all it can to make life precious. Thus, when a country goes to war, it ought to be for good reason.[/quote]
Amen, unfortunately the definition for "good reason" has either become unimportant, diluted or open to too much interpretation.

[quote name='fredtoast' post='279540' date='Jun 8 2006, 02:35 PM'][b]I remember back in the early 1990's (NOT 1950's) when the University of Tennessee made Wade Houston the first black head basketball coach in the SEC.[/b][/quote]
So Nolan Richardson was white?

[quote]I know the Bush administration made huge errors costing countless thousands of lives by invading a then sovereign nation and turning it into a headache for you, me, and our children...[/quote]

I recall your comments on Clinton doing [s]nothing[/s] right.

The man had no balls; they were either in Hillary's purse or Monica's mouth.

Now if you would of said, once we got there and after magor combat operations were over, there
could be some issue's i would agree with you on.

Disbad the Army and de-Bathification policy.

[quote]No disrespect to the Guard but this is exactly what I expect to come from Mr. Blum. What was he going to say, "my commander in chief screwed up and has a lot of my boys doing double and triple tours in Iraq."[/quote]

[url="http://www.ngb.army.mil/media/transcripts/CNGB_Written_Testimony_Katrina_Hearing_9Feb06.doc"]http://www.ngb.army.mil/media/transcripts/...ring_9Feb06.doc[/url]

STATEMENT BY
LIEUTENANT GENERAL H STEVEN BLUM
CHIEF, NATIONAL GUARD BUREAU
BEFORE THE SENATE HOMELAND SECURITY AND GOVERNMENT AFFAIRS COMMITTEE
SECOND SESSION, 109TH CONGRESS ON HURRICANE KATRINA, FEBRUARY 9, 2006

Excerpt:

Chairman Collins, Senator Lieberman, members of the committee; thank you for the opportunity to discuss the actions of the National Guard and the National Guard Bureau in response to Hurricane Katrina.

Today, the National Guard finds itself more than ever linked to the vital interests of our nation, both here at home and around the world. Even while we had more than 80,000 National Guard soldiers and airmen deployed in support of operations in Iraq, Afghanistan, and dozens of other nations, the men and women of the National Guard responded magnificently to the catastrophic events of Hurricanes Katrina, Rita and Wilma here at home. Over 50,000 National Guard personnel hailing from every state and territory responded to calls for support during this difficult period. [u]That is more troops than the United States employed during Grenada or Panama operations. [/u]

I am particularly proud of the timeliness and magnitude of the National Guard’s efforts in advance of Hurricane Katrina and our response in its immediate aftermath. [b]National Guard forces were in the water and on the streets of New Orleans rescuing people within four hours of Katrina’s passing.[/b] More than 9,700 National Guard Soldiers and Airmen were in New Orleans by the thirtieth of August. The National Guard deployed over 30,000 additional troops within 96 hours of the passing of the storm. At the peak of the operation, the Governors nationwide dispatched more than 42,000 National Guard troops to assist Mississippi and Louisiana.

[quote]sorry I'm not a scientist, but trust me I know things you don't either. wrong word aside we have dropped plenty enough bombs to kill countless thousands of Iraqi civilians. (BTW it is not out of the question this country in the past 3-4 yrs-including the pre war "softening up" period of air strikes-has dropped 1 M tons of TNT...)[/quote]

I'll give you a pass here,

[quote]but trust me I know things you don't either[/quote]

No argument here. Especially if you have a TS/SCI/Gamma

Guest oldschooler

[quote name='Bunghole' post='280165' date='Jun 9 2006, 08:29 PM'][b]Since I've been on vacation[/b], I'll chime in with my patented FOxNEws Opinion....YAYAYAYYYAYYAYAYYA!!!!!!!!!!!
:badger:[/quote]

Welcome home !

Guest BlackJesus

[quote name='Bunghole' post='280165' date='Jun 9 2006, 09:29 PM']Since I've been on vacation, I'll chime in with my patented FOxNEws Opinion....YAYAYAYYYAYYAYAYYA!!!!!!!!!!!
:badger:[/quote]

[center][img]http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j318/Tredcrow/4_fox.gif[/img][/center]

[quote name='BlackJesus' post='280174' date='Jun 9 2006, 07:39 PM'][center][img]http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j318/Tredcrow/4_fox.gif[/img][/center][/quote]
Whatever. Sleep, forget the peg-leg, sleep, it was a good thing, sleep...watch Fox News, sleep.....

Archived