Origins of WHODEY... once & for all

When Cincinnati made the playoffs in 1981, the Hudepohl beer company jumped on the Who Dey bandwagon with their own version in Hu Dey Beer.

Who they think is going to beat them Bengals. Quickly changed to Who Dey think is gonna beat dem Bengals.

Now you will hear stories of where it started and it wasn't Cincinnati. But I assure you. It came from Cincinnati during November of 1981.

From the banks of the Ohio comes that orange and black machine
They're the Cincinnati Bengals The finest ever seen
With stripes upon their helmets and fire in their eyes
They'll take the field they will not yield
They're strong and tough and wise
Who Dey.Who Dey, Who Dey think gonna beat them Bengals
Who Dey, Who Dey, Who Dey think gonna beat them Bengals

Hear that Bengal growling, mean and angry
See that Bengal prowling, lean and hungry
An offensive brute, run, pass, or boot
And defensively, he's rough errrr tough errrr
Cincinnati Bengals that's the team were gonna cheer to victory
Touchdown Bengals!!
Put some points up on the board and win a game for Cincinnati !

Noooooobodyyyyy

Guest A-Men-HouseofPain
[quote name='big_dish' post='354089' date='Sep 29 2006, 01:15 PM']Someone tell that to the 'Aints fans.
Or just let them enjoy their 3-0 start, pretty soon they are going to be 5-11[/quote]

they will be over 500 they are a good team.

[quote name='eva4ben-gal' post='354145' date='Sep 29 2006, 01:50 PM']wrong. Reggie is fun to watch but they are good enough to win without him. They have a lot of playmakers on that team.[/quote]

Yeah but I bet that they will start losing soon I have a gut feeling that they wont be a winning team for much longer.

[quote name='eva4ben-gal' post='354148' date='Sep 29 2006, 01:51 PM']???[/quote]

I second that wtf are you talking about?

Guest A-Men-HouseofPain
[quote name='85fanwilkes' post='354141' date='Sep 29 2006, 01:48 PM']He is not far from the reason he is a big contributor.....but their defense is definantly helping them out. But still I guarentee that if they lost Reggie Bush they would start losing.[/quote]

ur nuts. their defense was quality last year and duece is a good RB and their WRs are still strong. All they needed was a QB, they finally got one who doesnt blow and turn it over all the time. now they are a winner.

[quote name='MrDingleDangle' post='354142' date='Sep 29 2006, 01:49 PM']I actually have never heard a Saints fan yell that we stole it...i hear pissburgh fans say it a lot, but not saints fans[/quote]

he is referring to the actual TOPIC of the thread. many stealers fans claim we stole this from the saints, but the saints never claim we stole it cuz we didnt.

[quote name='USNBENGAL the Original' post='354073' date='Sep 29 2006, 06:00 PM']When Cincinnati made the playoffs in 1981, the Hudepohl beer company jumped on the Who Dey bandwagon with their own version in Hu Dey Beer.

Who they think is going to beat them Bengals. Quickly changed to Who Dey think is gonna beat dem Bengals.

Now you will hear stories of where it started and it wasn't Cincinnati. But I assure you. It came from Cincinnati during November of 1981.

From the banks of the Ohio comes that orange and black machine
They're the Cincinnati Bengals The finest ever seen
With stripes upon their helmets and fire in their eyes
They'll take the field they will not yield
They're strong and tough and wise
Who Dey.Who Dey, Who Dey think gonna beat them Bengals

And defensively, he's rough errrr tough errrr
Touchdown Bengals!!

Noooooobodyyyyy[/quote]
Ths beats the hell outta that crappy ass fight song they're trying to push at the games. WTF is that crap, anyway? I don't remember it from the Denver MNF game, buyt the kept playing after we scored vs, Cleveland, and I found the song to be more embarrasing than the squirrel... It sucked.

[quote name='WhoDeyUK' post='354221' date='Sep 29 2006, 02:40 PM']Ths beats the hell outta that crappy ass fight song they're trying to push at the games. WTF is that crap, anyway? I don't remember it from the Denver MNF game, buyt the kept playing after we scored vs, Cleveland, and I found the song to be more embarrasing than the squirrel... It sucked.[/quote]

Which one the real bengals song with the upbeat polka style beat.....thats the original song.

[quote name='85fanwilkes' post='354223' date='Sep 29 2006, 07:41 PM']Which one the real bengals song with the upbeat polka style beat.....thats the original song.[/quote]
HellifIknow. It was so bad, no one knew the words, except for like two verses, and that part sucked too.

They're rough! And Tough! blah blah blah to Vic-To-Ry!

blech.

[quote name='WhoDeyUK' post='354230' date='Sep 29 2006, 02:49 PM']Sorry, Man. I LOVE my Bengals. Flew home from London to watch that game. But the song.... uhh... well... I'll just keep quiet.

WTF? is that song supposed to be, anyway?[/quote]

Well they been playing it even before Marvin got here. Every game, after every touchdown. It was created back in the early seventys for Paul Brown. And Im pretty sure they've been playing it since PBS has been open. :crazy:

[quote name='BlueKat' post='354258' date='Sep 29 2006, 08:25 PM']Well they been playing it even before Marvin got here. Every game, after every touchdown. It was created back in the early seventys for Paul Brown. And Im pretty sure they've been playing it since PBS has been open. :crazy:[/quote]
Then why in the hell does no one in the stadium know the words to the song to join in?

I haven't lived in OH for nearly 30 years. Ive been to one game @ riverfront, and about 7-8 @ PBS. I still don't know what the hell that song is... and no one else seems to either.

*edit* and if it's so damn popular/known/etc, why is it not on the Bengals.com page? Fear da Tiger is. Not hatin, just askin. I don't like being in the dark about my own team.

Guest LeakyBengal
The Bengal's Growl is the shit!!! It be uber awesome if the rest of the fucking stadium would sing along in unicent( SP?!). I'm glad they finally put the words up on the screen..... to bad the clones still don't sing along.

And defensively, he's rough tough
Touchdown Bengals!!

^ the bengals growl. Learn it. Sing it.

[quote name='BengalBacker' post='354275' date='Sep 29 2006, 11:57 AM']Some people in the south endzone sing along with it. They used to have it on Bengals.com.

It's so bad, it's great. :headbang:[/quote]
I'm one of those people that sing along.Finally they put the words on the screens in the stadium

Archived