Official sit T. James Thread

Sit T. James?  

74 members have voted

1. 1. Is it time for T. James to be replaced at CB?

• Yes
    • No

[quote name='turningpoint' post='357043' date='Oct 2 2006, 12:23 AM']I'd like to see Tory J at safety. Pull a troy vincent[/quote]
that's my point, though. He [b]CAN'T[/b] tackle.

[quote name='#22' post='357045' date='Oct 2 2006, 12:26 AM']that's my point, though. He [b]CAN'T[/b] tackle.[/quote]

well he's a ball hawk he reads plays better then anyone in the NFL why he get's so many picks.

I think if he was at safety his propensity to be burned would be a lot less. He'd also be able to make plays on the ball with more ease. He'd also help out JJ with himself being over the top and out there talking to him almost up until the snap.

[quote name='#22' post='356901' date='Oct 1 2006, 07:58 PM']Everything you say is true here.

At the end of last year, we were blaming the problem on Ohalete (a sorry football player, no doubt), but I think Tory is really the problem.

If JJ was in there (acc. to Lap, he is "our best tackler in the 2ndary"), Willie Parker would have been lucky to sniff 100

and this is the perfect time to make the sub. We have a bye week to prepare him for...Bruce Gradkowski.[/quote]

I totally agree. Now is the perfect time to go with Joseph.

But, I love it. 49-2...I just get so tired of seeing him burnt, missing tackles, and giving up first downs. He is a great ball hawk though, perfect for zone but he is a liability when it comes to man-man coverage.

Guest A-Men-HouseofPain

[quote name='Tigris' post='356612' date='Oct 1 2006, 06:57 PM']u beat me to it... i was going to have enough [b]decency to wait AFTER the game[/b] was over.[/quote]

:lmao:

wow tory is a bit hated in this poll...

[quote name='turningpoint' date='Oct 2 2006, 12:40 AM' post='357049']
well he's a ball hawk he reads plays better then anyone in the NFL why he get's so many picks.

OMG! Your kidding right? Many of his picks come from being out of position. The wrong place at the right time.
A veteran cornerback can get better with age when they use the experiance they've accumulated over the years to compensate for declining agility and speed. But he still plays with rookie-like awareness with veteran-holding-on-too-long quickness! Like I've said before, he still falls for pump fakes. Every single game! And that is because all he wants to do is get picks.. He don't wanna get dirty. He don't wanna get mean. And if a change doesn't get made during the bye to get this bum off the field, then I begin to question Marvin's judgement. (can't believe I just said that)

Every week I'm screaming at the t.v... I've named my t.v. Tory.. :rant:

Sorry to kinda bump this up.

It's not his horrific tackling or absolute lack of speed. Which don't help.

It's his near permanent obsession with looking into the backfield. Don't watch when the ball goes to his side, just watch how often (always) he's watching the QB.

We've got the only Spy CB in the league.

I love Tory to death he has been with us through the thick and thin times. But I think it is time to set tory out to the pasture. Sad to say but I think it really is true. We love you tory we really do but we cant have you blowing single coverage and getting burned constantly like you do, no hard feelings bro but its time to go. Have a good long retirement hell play some golf and drink as much as you want to.

Guest WhoDeyForever

[quote name='85fanwilkes' post='357406' date='Oct 2 2006, 03:20 PM']I love Tory to death he has been with us through the thick and thin times. But I think it is time to set tory out to the pasture. Sad to say but I think it really is true. We love you tory we really do but we cant have you blowing single coverage and getting burned constantly like you do, no hard feelings bro but its time to go. Have a good long retirement hell play some golf and drink as much as you want to.[/quote]

your acting like he fucking reads this board :rolleyes:

[quote name='85fanwilkes' post='357406' date='Oct 2 2006, 04:50 PM']I love Tory to death [b]he has been with us through the thick and thin times. [/b] But I think it is time to set tory out to the pasture. Sad to say but I think it really is true. We love you tory we really do but we cant have you blowing single coverage and getting burned constantly like you do, no hard feelings bro but its time to go. Have a good long retirement hell play some golf and drink as much as you want to.[/quote]

No, he has not. He's been here since Marvin's arrival...going 8-8 at worst.

[quote name='BengalsOwn' post='357064' date='Oct 2 2006, 04:25 AM']Tory at safety?

[img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons//24.gif[/img][/quote]

Really... it's called SAFETY for a reason.

Imagine a RB coming at him full speed, and Tory being the last guy between him and the endzone. :(

[quote name='Utts' post='356465' date='Oct 1 2006, 06:40 PM']We have a pass rush problem, not a T. James problem.[/quote]

Unfreakinbelievable... I actually agree with UTTS... Hell has officially frozen over.

This is a team concept. Tory james was not the only player on the field that day. Come to think of it, there were a few coaches there too... He is not the problem.

Archived