***** THE BENGALS PLAYOFF WATCH THREAD *****

[quote name='Tigris' post='414873' date='Dec 25 2006, 02:51 AM']shit, maybe not. that may have been she shadiest tie breaker reporting ive ever read[/quote]
damn i hope it is legit

for now im cursing all the damn jets players

Hopefully they play like shit after that big win at minnesota

Guest schotzee
Entering tonights games this is what needs to happen for us to qualify for the post season.

WhoDeyBoiler21 Yesterday, 10:09 PM Post #38

If the Jets lose one and we beat Pitt, we are the 6 Seed.

If the Jets lose one, Denver loses to SF, KC beats Jax, and we beat Pitt, we are the 5 seed.

I guarentee this is right. KC knocks Denver out because of a better division record. We have a better conference record than all the teams we are competing with.

I think the fins have a chance given they've beaten some half decent teams already this year, and they're at home. They shut out the Pats and their defense is easily capable of shutting down good offenses. It's not like we're backing the Raiders here. If the Fins play anything like their best then I think they'll win.

Guest schotzee
[quote name='EnglishBengal' post='414892' date='Dec 25 2006, 07:41 AM']I think the fins have a chance given they've beaten some half decent teams already this year, and they're at home. They shut out the Pats and their defense is easily capable of shutting down good offenses. It's not like we're backing the Raiders here. If the Fins play anything like their best then I think they'll win.[/quote]

Oh,I think they have an excellent chance of winning,but the fact it would help us makes me worry the way our luck goes.

Guest mongoloido

[quote name='Whodey420' post='414547' date='Dec 24 2006, 07:46 PM']We dont deserve to go.[/quote]

We deserve it just as much as any other #6 spot team in the AFC, and more than at least 3 of the NFC teams that will make the playoffs. :)

If the Jets lose, it's because they didn't play well. If the Bengals beat the Stealers, it will be the first time Marvin has ever beaten the Stealers in Cincinnati. I'm willing to accept that as an earned spot in the playoffs.

[quote name='Coy Bacon' post='414838' date='Dec 25 2006, 01:11 AM']I'll certainly be glad if the Fish win, but I really expect the Jets to. The Bengals had the chance to take care of their own business, but they got that deer in the headlights look in the face of opportunity and then their fate fell into the hands of a guy that has begun to prove himself to be a big time choke artist - one fucking job and can't do that when the chips are down![/quote]
[b]The snap by St. Louis was a joke but in all honesty we should have won that game by 10 points. Carson did not have a good game at all and we still almost pulled it out. And Chad has all but disappeared in the last two games...[/b]

[quote name='New Jersey Bengal' post='414979' date='Dec 25 2006, 12:41 PM'][b]The snap by St. Louis was a joke but in all honesty we should have won that game by 10 points. Carson did not have a good game at all and we still almost pulled it out. And Chad has all but disappeared in the last two games...[/b][/quote]
[b]As Bengal fans we all need to be honest with ourselves..If we make the playoffs how far does our team go with the defense that we have.??? We had better draft some good defensive players this year and sure up our D once and for all....[/b]

[quote name='New Jersey Bengal' post='414980' date='Dec 25 2006, 12:43 PM'][b]As Bengal fans we all need to be honest with ourselves..If we make the playoffs how far does our team go with the defense that we have.??? We had better draft some good defensive players this year and sure up our D once and for all....[/b][/quote]

what kind of crap question is that?!

We are step for step with everyone and every damn team has a weakness. If we get in, we would play Baltimore or the colts i believe.

Both teams are beatable and we have seen & proven that.

Nothing matters when you get to the playoffs. You start fresh, and thats the best thing you can ask for and i know this from personal experience.

Merry Christmas Everyone and God Bless.

[quote name='cantstop85' post='414983' date='Dec 25 2006, 09:48 AM']what kind of crap question is that?!

We are step for step with everyone and every damn team has a weakness. If we get in, we would play Baltimore or the colts i believe.

Nothing matters when you get to the playoffs. You start fresh, and thats the best thing you can ask for and i know this from personal experience.

Merry Christmas Everyone and God Bless.[/quote]

Well if we get in it looks like we would probably play the Colts...if we do that we better beat them. I would lose a lot of respect for our team if we don't beat them after they embarrassed us on MNF and then lost to the Texans...If the Texans can beat them there is NO REASON we can not beat them...

[quote name='cantstop85' post='414983' date='Dec 25 2006, 12:48 PM']what kind of crap question is that?!

Merry Christmas Everyone and God Bless.[/quote]
[b]I don't think we have enough D to go all the way...[/b]

Does it really matter? We have had things fall our way with other teams for the last two weeks. This team is not meant to go to the playoffs. I have never seen a team have more breaks go against them. Karma is against us. [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/18.gif[/img]

[quote name='Memphis_Bengal' post='414992' date='Dec 25 2006, 01:02 PM']Does it really matter? We have had things fall our way with other teams for the last two weeks. This team is not meant to go to the playoffs. I have never seen a team have more breaks go against them. Karma is against us. [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/18.gif[/img][/quote]
[b]We all that has gone against us from the injuries to all the bad calls we have still played admirably...[/b]

I hope Saban bought a tape of Chad Pennington signalling at the line;

regardless, those of you who keep blubbering "b-b-b-but we don't deserve to m-m-make the p-p-playoffs [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/20.gif[/img] " does that mean you think the Jets deserve to go? The same Jets with a negative point differential this season? Y'all are 'tards.

[quote name='cantstop85' post='414874' date='Dec 25 2006, 03:12 AM']damn i hope it is legit
for now im cursing all the damn jets players

Hopefully they play like shit after that big win at minnesota[/quote]

I'm rooting for the Jets (because the team I root for usually becomes cursed). Although the Curse might see it as the feeble trickery that it is and cancel out the Curse, thus cursing the Phins. Really, the game was my fault, as that's the sort of thing that happens to teams I root for. My fandom comes at a steep price for any team. That's why I hope the Curse doesn't figure out I really want the Jets to lose before it's too late.

Chances are it won't, because of the Holiday season. And if my trick works, you'll see the Jets in true bumbling fashion--Pennington hands the ball off to the wrong team, punts that go backwards, passes that go straight up into the air and are intercepted, the works.

[quote name='mongoloido' post='414976' date='Dec 25 2006, 12:32 PM']We deserve it just as much as any other #6 spot team in the AFC, and more than at least 3 of the NFC teams that will make the playoffs. :)

If the Jets lose, it's because they didn't play well. If the Bengals beat the Stealers, it will be the first time Marvin has ever beaten the Stealers in Cincinnati. I'm willing to accept that as an earned spot in the playoffs.[/quote]

It's almost like it had to be this way. It's seems almost too much like a bad football movie.

[quote name='Revolution #9' post='415023' date='Dec 25 2006, 02:23 PM']I'm rooting for the Jets (because the team I root for usually becomes cursed). Although the Curse might see it as the feeble trickery that it is and cancel out the Curse, thus cursing the Phins. Really, the game was my fault, as that's the sort of thing that happens to teams I root for. My fandom comes at a steep price for any team. That's why I hope the Curse doesn't figure out I really want the Jets to lose before it's too late.

Chances are it won't, because of the Holiday season. And if my trick works, you'll see the Jets in true bumbling fashion--Pennington hands the ball off to the wrong team, punts that go backwards, passes that go straight up into the air and are intercepted, the works.[/quote]

I hope your right :crazy: :crazy:

what a bunch of pathetic crybaby girls. some of you need to grow a pair and act like grown ups instead of sobbing in your egg nogg week after week, its a fuckin football game, so what if we dont make the palyoffs? we shouldnt with all of the players we have been missing. palmer should just now being coming back from the type of injury he had, there are 3-4 games we should have won that we got screwed on or fucked up something silly to lose, those are mistakes we didnt make as often last year. I guess I will be the only fan at the draft party, the only one at camp, and the only one pumped for preseason next year if we dont make the playoffs.

buncha candy ass crybaby pussies. get a fucking grip.

[quote name='Revolution #9' post='415023' date='Dec 25 2006, 11:23 AM']I'm rooting for the Jets (because the team I root for usually becomes cursed). Although the Curse might see it as the feeble trickery that it is and cancel out the Curse, thus cursing the Phins. Really, the game was my fault, as that's the sort of thing that happens to teams I root for. My fandom comes at a steep price for any team. That's why I hope the Curse doesn't figure out I really want the Jets to lose before it's too late.

Chances are it won't, because of the Holiday season. And if my trick works, you'll see the Jets in true bumbling fashion--Pennington hands the ball off to the wrong team, punts that go backwards, passes that go straight up into the air and are intercepted, the works.[/quote]

I think everyone on this board could relate to what you are saying...so if every Bengal fan roots for the Jets then they have absolutely no chance of winning! :ninja:

Archived