OSU/Florida

Guest Samurai J

Guest Samurai J
In my view, Michigan had their chance and they blew it. They even had the benefit of a +3 turnover ratio and STILL could not win the game. Michigan deserves no more chances. I'm sick of listening to Dick Vital especially, "Those poor kids at Michigan", shut the hell up Vital, those "poor kids", like I sad above, could not even beat OSU with 3 turnovers, that game is 29-42 without the 3 OSU miscues.

Tressel and his "non-vote" is another area everyone just needs to shut up about. Whatever he does, he's a dead duck. Votes for Michigan = Big Ten priorities...Votes for Florida = Screwing over the Big Ten and disrespecting Michigan. Dosen't Vote = Get blasted as well. I believe I heard that Tress wanted divide up his vote between the 2 and they wouldn't let him. In my view, if Tress couldn't vote for both, then he did the RIGHT thing and voted for noone.

[quote name='Samurai J' post='401938' date='Dec 6 2006, 06:04 AM']In my view, Michigan had their chance and they blew it. They even had the benefit of a +3 turnover ratio and STILL could not win the game. Michigan deserves no more chances. I'm sick of listening to Dick Vital especially, "Those poor kids at Michigan", shut the hell up Vital, those "poor kids", like I sad above, could not even beat OSU with 3 turnovers, that game is 29-42 without the 3 OSU miscues.

Tressel and his "non-vote" is another area everyone just needs to shut up about. Whatever he does, he's a dead duck. Votes for Michigan = Big Ten priorities...Votes for Florida = Screwing over the Big Ten and disrespecting Michigan. Dosen't Vote = Get blasted as well. I believe I heard that Tress wanted divide up his vote between the 2 and they wouldn't let him. In my view, if Tress couldn't vote for both, then he did the RIGHT thing and voted for noone.[/quote]
What I don't like is the last minute manipulation of the process. The polls were what changed dramatically Sunday, and that was what put Florida over the top. But in order to do so, voters had to change their normal pattern in a big way. Teams with substantial leads in votes like Michigan had over Florida don't suddenly lose those leads if they don't lose a game. Big voter leads may shrink, but they don't disappear altogether. If 2nd-ranked Southern Cal had not lost Saturday, does anyone actually believe that 4rd-ranked Florida would've jumped over 3rd-ranked Michigan? No way in hell. Just more evidence that some sort of playoff is needed. Before the BCS it used to be called the mythical national champions. As far as I'm concerned, under the present system it's still mythical. There are NO national champions in college football.

[quote name='dex' post='401940' date='Dec 6 2006, 06:55 AM']What I don't like is the last minute manipulation of the process. The polls were what changed dramatically Sunday, and that was what put Florida over the top. But in order to do so, voters had to change their normal pattern in a big way. Teams with substantial leads in votes like Michigan had over Florida don't suddenly lose those leads if they don't lose a game. Big voter leads may shrink, but they don't disappear altogether. If 2nd-ranked Southern Cal had not lost Saturday, does anyone actually believe that 4rd-ranked Florida would've jumped over 3rd-ranked Michigan? No way in hell. Just more evidence that some sort of playoff is needed. Before the BCS it used to be called the mythical national champions. As far as I'm concerned, under the present system it's still mythical. There are NO national champions in college football.[/quote]

I don't claim to know anything about the BCS, but it seems to me that they'll never have an inter-conference NC game. The game competition takes a back seat to marketing strategies. They need to expand the market as much as possible. And having both schools in a two-hundred mile radius isn't going to cut it.

I don't think Florida or Michigan would've been as good a match up as USC. A Carroll vs Tressel NC would've been a good one.

[quote name='Samurai J' post='401938' date='Dec 6 2006, 06:04 AM']In my view, Michigan had their chance and they blew it. They even had the benefit of a +3 turnover ratio and STILL could not win the game. Michigan deserves no more chances. I'm sick of listening to Dick Vital especially, "Those poor kids at Michigan", shut the hell up Vital, those "poor kids", like I sad above, could not even beat OSU with 3 turnovers, that game is 29-42 without the 3 OSU miscues.[/quote]

The one thing that has always bugged me about this argument is that Michigan had miscues too, and it's never brought up. It was a big game and nerves played a factor and both teams did some uncharacteristic things (like Michigan giving up two long TD runs). But everyone always points to the fact that even though tOSU turned it over three times, Michigan still lost by 3. Sorry, pet peeve.

That said, as far as the big game goes, I hope (and firmly believe) that Ohio State trounces the silly SEC team and proves a.) the superiority of the Big Ten and B.) that Michigan did indeed deserve a second shot at the Buckeyes.

[quote name='Montecore' post='402022' date='Dec 6 2006, 11:19 AM']The one thing that has always bugged me about this argument is that Michigan had miscues too, and it's never brought up. It was a big game and nerves played a factor and both teams did some uncharacteristic things (like Michigan giving up two long TD runs). But everyone always points to the fact that even though tOSU turned it over three times, Michigan still lost by 3. Sorry, pet peeve.

That said, as far as the big game goes, I hope (and firmly believe) that Ohio State trounces the silly SEC team and proves a.) the superiority of the Big Ten and B.) that Michigan did indeed deserve a second shot at the Buckeyes.[/quote]

All that silly talk will cease when USC beats Michigan. Turnovers, miscues,nerves aside, Michigan got mop-up points. It wasn't really that close. And how do you equate Michigan giving up a long run to OSU rolling a shotgun snap.

[quote name='Montecore' post='402022' date='Dec 6 2006, 11:19 AM']The one thing that has always bugged me about this argument is that Michigan had miscues too, and it's never brought up. It was a big game and nerves played a factor and both teams did some uncharacteristic things (like Michigan giving up two long TD runs). But everyone always points to the fact that even though tOSU turned it over three times, Michigan still lost by 3. Sorry, pet peeve.

That said, as far as the big game goes, I hope (and firmly believe) that Ohio State trounces the silly SEC team and proves [b]a.) the superiority of the Big Ten and B.) that Michigan did indeed deserve a second shot at the Buckeyes.[/b][/quote]

AHhahahahahaha

God I hope your not seriouse

The superiority of the big ten?? Why not call the cofrence the Big 2. Thats all you got. Michagan Ohio state. Everyone else in your confrence is a joke. At least has a diffrent SEC school going for the title every year. Weather it be tennesse georgia auburn or FLORIDA!!!... Bama has had some good years and so has SC....

No Confrence in College football comes close to the SEC. Everyone knows that only people who cant admit it are big 10 homers. I am so sick of them trying to tell me how much better there Confrence is then the SEC.

No I am talking about Ohio State and Michagan. Ohio State clearly is the best team and deserves it's number one ranking and Michagan is easy a 3-4. But top to absolute bottom the big 10 doenst compare with the SEC. Period.

if they created a series where each team in the sec played a team in the big ten id say in the end the sec would probably have more victories, but they took only the top teams from each conference and matched them up against each other every year... im taking the big ten to win the vast majority of those games.

the sec is so insanely overrated its pathetic, parity does not equal superiority in football.

[quote name='BengalsCat' post='402139' date='Dec 6 2006, 02:16 PM']AHhahahahahaha

God I hope your not seriouse
The superiority of the big ten?? Why not call the cofrence the Big 2. Thats all you got. Michagan Ohio state. Everyone else in your confrence is a joke. At least has a diffrent SEC school going for the title every year. Weather it be tennesse georgia auburn or FLORIDA!!!... Bama has had some good years and so has SC....

No Confrence in College football comes close to the SEC. Everyone knows that only people who cant admit it are big 10 homers. I am so sick of them trying to tell me how much better there Confrence is then the SEC.
No I am talking about Ohio State and Michagan. Ohio State clearly is the best team and deserves it's number one ranking and Michagan is easy a 3-4. But top to absolute bottom the big 10 doenst compare with the SEC. Period.[/quote]

3 and a half actually. Wisconsin was a VERY good team this year, and PSU's losses came to the best teams in the conference.

I think the bottom of the SEC and the bottom of the Big 10 are pretty equal.
The Top 3 in the Big 10 are as good as or better than the Top 3 in the SEC.
But the middle of the conferences does go to the SEC. This year anyway.

Ohh I forgot to even mention LSU how silly of me!

That leaves

Auburn
Florida
Georgia
Tennesse

As continual top 25 schools as well as making a major pushes toward the BCS championship.

1. Ohio St. 12-0
2. Michigan 11-1
[b]3. Florida 12-1 [/b]
[b]4. LSU 10-2 [/b]
5. Louisville 11-1
6. Wisconsin 11-1
7. Oklahoma 11-2
8. USC 10-2
9. Boise St. 12-0
[b]10. Auburn 10-2 [/b]
[b]11. Arkansas 10-3 [/b]
12. Notre Dame 10-2
13. West. Virg. 10-2
14. Wake Forest 10-2
15. Rutgers 10-2
16. Virginia Tech 10-2
[b]17. Tennessee 9-3 [/b]
18. Texas 9-3
19. California 9-3
20. BYU 10-2
21. Texas A-M 9-3
22. Nebraska 9-4
23. Boston College 9-3
[b]24. Georgia 8-4 [/b]
25. Oregon St. 9-4

All those in bold are in the SEC.

No way any Confrense top to bottem is as hard or as competative as the SEC

Guest oldschooler
[quote name='BengalsCat' post='402175' date='Dec 6 2006, 02:37 PM']Ohh I forgot to even mention LSU how silly of me!

That leaves

Auburn
Florida
Georgia
Tennesse

As continual top 25 schools as well as making a major pushes toward the BCS championship.

1. Ohio St. 12-0
2. Michigan 11-1
[b]3. Florida 12-1 [/b]
[b]4. LSU 10-2 [/b]
5. Louisville 11-1
6. Wisconsin 11-1
7. Oklahoma 11-2
8. USC 10-2
9. Boise St. 12-0
[b]10. Auburn 10-2 [/b]
[b]11. Arkansas 10-3 [/b]
12. Notre Dame 10-2
13. West. Virg. 10-2
14. Wake Forest 10-2
15. Rutgers 10-2
16. Virginia Tech 10-2
[b]17. Tennessee 9-3 [/b]
18. Texas 9-3
19. California 9-3
20. BYU 10-2
21. Texas A-M 9-3
22. Nebraska 9-4
23. Boston College 9-3
[b]24. Georgia 8-4 [/b]
25. Oregon St. 9-4

All those in bold are in the SEC.

No way any Confrense top to bottem is as hard or as competative as the SEC[/quote]

Of the few ranked teams the SEC played out of conference (Arkansas- USC, Kentucky-Louisville,
Tennessee- California, Vanderbilt- Michigan, Georgia-Georgia Tech), the SEC one a total of
1 of those games. Georgia over Georgia Tech.

Just sayin...

[quote name='oldschooler' post='402185' date='Dec 6 2006, 04:25 PM']Of the few ranked teams the SEC played out of conference (Arkansas- USC, Kentucky-Louisville,
Tennessee- California, Vanderbilt- Michigan, Georgia-Georgia Tech), the SEC one a total of
1 of those games. Georgia over Georgia Tech.

Just sayin...[/quote]

Kentucky and Vandy are both considered the worst 2 teams in the SEC and Kentucky is still bowl eligabal.

Usc- is better then arkansas I dont debate that point. But from top to bottom you find a better grouping of talent then the SEC.

Both teams are good, but because of the current system Michigan deserved a second shot at the bucks. Ive heard the arguement that if you dont win your conference you dont deserve a chance in the bcs title game, this theory is bullshit. Reasons being... The Big 10 doesnt host a championship game. If they would have played a Big 10 championship game the two teams would have rematched and I would be completely fine with the winner of that game going on to play Fla. in the national title game. But now, because the coaches and buckeye fans didnt want to see a rematch Michigan got completely hosed. Hell before they selected OSU's opponet Las Vegas named Michigan a 6 point favorite over Fla. The coaches consistantly picked Michigan over Fla. all season long and that alone proves my point.

The BCS system sucks. it needs some serious work, and i think next year they should force each conference hold a Championship game. had this been done it would have gotten it right this season.

Guest oldschooler
[quote name='BengalsCat' post='402193' date='Dec 6 2006, 03:50 PM']Kentucky and Vandy are both considered the worst 2 teams in the SEC and Kentucky is still bowl eligabal.

Usc- is better then arkansas I dont debate that point. But from top to bottom you find a better grouping of talent then the SEC.[/quote]

My point was, that they played cupcakes, and beat up on the weaker teams in the Conference.
When they played a ranked non conference opponent, they lost.

[quote name='NASTYNATI' post='402197' date='Dec 6 2006, 03:56 PM']Both teams are good, but because of the current system Michigan deserved a second shot at the bucks. Ive heard the arguement that if you dont win your conference you dont deserve a chance in the bcs title game, this theory is bullshit. Reasons being... The Big 10 doesnt host a championship game. If they would have played a Big 10 championship game the two teams would have rematched and I would be completely fine with the winner of that game going on to play Fla. in the national title game. But now, because the coaches and buckeye fans didnt want to see a rematch Michigan got completely hosed. Hell before they selected OSU's opponet Las Vegas named Michigan a 6 point favorite over Fla. The coaches consistantly picked Michigan over Fla. all season long and that alone proves my point.

The BCS system sucks. it needs some serious work, and i think next year they should force each conference hold a Championship game. had this been done it would have gotten it right this season.[/quote]

I don`t really agree with the Conference Championship games being a determining factor though.

The NCCA basketball torunament has teams that didn`t win their Conference Championship
seeded #1 in a bracket all the time. They were a second place team though.

The NFL has Wildcard teams that didn`t win their division. And sometimes they do a lot of
damage in the Playoffs.

I think the only way they can fix the mess is to have a 16 team tournament.
I know it`s easier said than done. But on the field is the only way they can really
determine who is the best team in the Country every year.

Guest Bengals1181
[quote name='NASTYNATI' post='402197' date='Dec 6 2006, 04:56 PM']Both teams are good, but because of the current system Michigan deserved a second shot at the bucks. Ive heard the arguement that if you dont win your conference you dont deserve a chance in the bcs title game, this theory is bullshit. Reasons being... The Big 10 doesnt host a championship game. If they would have played a Big 10 championship game the two teams would have rematched and I would be completely fine with the winner of that game going on to play Fla. in the national title game. But now, because the coaches and buckeye fans didnt want to see a rematch Michigan got completely hosed. Hell before they selected OSU's opponet Las Vegas named Michigan a 6 point favorite over Fla. The coaches consistantly picked Michigan over Fla. all season long and that alone proves my point.

The BCS system sucks. it needs some serious work, and i think next year they should force each conference hold a Championship game. had this been done it would have gotten it right this season.[/quote]

now how much of that post is influenced by that fact that you're a hurricane fan who hates OSU, and probably has a nice disliking for Florida as well?

My guess is quite a bit.

Guest Bengals1181
[quote name='DontPushMe' post='402598' date='Dec 7 2006, 01:04 PM']well, either team would be able to handle O$U easily, im cool with who they picked though because florida earned it, they played a much harder schedule[/quote]

[img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/24.gif[/img] [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/24.gif[/img] [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/24.gif[/img] your clearly biased opinion is such a hoot.

[quote name='DontPushMe' post='402598' date='Dec 7 2006, 01:04 PM']well, either team would be able to handle O$U easily, im cool with who they picked though because florida earned it, they played a much harder schedule[/quote]
oh just shut the fuck up about this shit

Did you finally quit blubbering over the BCS selection so you could make it to the computer and type something?

Really. It's been 5 days. Seriously. Aren't you glad they selected a smaller stage for Michigan to get their ass beat?

Guest Bengals1181

[quote name='Hooky' post='402674' date='Dec 7 2006, 02:31 PM']Really. It's been 5 days. Seriously. Aren't you glad they selected a smaller stage for Michigan to get their ass beat?[/quote]

but he's not a Michigan fan, remember??? :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

[quote name='Hooky' post='402674' date='Dec 7 2006, 02:31 PM']Did you finally quit blubbering over the BCS selection so you could make it to the computer and type something?

Really. It's been 5 days. Seriously. Aren't you glad they selected a smaller stage for Michigan to get their ass beat?[/quote]
Did you not read my post? I expected it to be florida, and they were the right choice. Michigan is probly a better team than Florida, but Florida is a more deserving team because of the schedule they played (the SEC is way better than the big televen btw) and because they won their conference.

I don't like OSU, I don't like Florida and I don't like Michigan, although I probably watch them a decent amount.

With that said, I think OSU will smoke Florida and that OSU v Michigan would have made for a much better game to watch. I am dissapointed that this will be the final college game of the season. I just don't think Florida is of the same caliber.

Archived