PW hanging on by a thread

i dont know if this had been mentioned yet, but has anyone been listening to 700 wlw recently, they mentioned something about marvin saying the reason dillon is gone was because of his attitude, and the same for why tko left, he also said something about p-dub "hanging on by a thread" and that he was disappointed in him or something along those lines, could this be more of a reason to resign tj, is p-dubs attitude beginning to become a problem?

Guest Matt_Six
Warrick has never had a problem before... but if we let Warrick go... then T.J. will get some leverage in the negotiations on the new contract... b/c his agent will know that we'll be short on receivers without T.J.

I haven't heard anything about that, though... anyone else?

Guest BengalBacker
It's taken from this article.

[url="http://news.enquirer.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20050128/COL03/501280407/1067/SPT02"]http://news.enquirer.com/apps/pbcs.dll/art...0407/1067/SPT02[/url]

this holds no water, paul is a dumbass, and as we all know is the "shock value" writer here in cincy, 99/100 times he will put down the team or players to spart anger in readers, but it keeps them reading his crap.... and notice the part about warrick was just about the only part of the paragraph that WASNT a quote by marvin....

not that it means anything but marvin has only said good things and his expectations of warrick areto return and be a big part of the offense....

Agreed...It does seem like he sort of just 'dropped' Warrick in at the last second...Possibly, to get some additional reaction to the article??

From what I've read and heard of this guy, it wouldn't surprise me.

BZ

Sometimes, there's no smoke at all...It's just hot air.

Guest BlackJesus
[b]Agreed Dan....

Believe me if marvin had an issue with Warrick, he would have said something subtle about it in a press conference. I think Warrick was dissapointed with his injury this year, but who wouldn't. He'll be back and catching darts from Carson in a few months [/b]

[quote name='BlackJesus' date='Jan 29 2005, 09:04 PM'][b]Agreed Dan....

Believe me if marvin had an issue with Warrick, he would have said something subtle about it in a press conference.  I think Warrick was dissapointed with his injury this year, but who wouldn't.  [color="red"]He'll be back and catching darts from Carson in a few months[/color] [/b]
[right][post="40692"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

Now that makes me happy. In a few months, it starts! YES!

I'd love to know the whole story on Warrick's injuries. If there is anything to a rift between Marvin and Warrick it may be due to what transpired on Warrick's side of this. I think Marvin was upset about some stuff that went on with Warrick regarding his injuries, i.e. not communicating more about or hiding what/how he was feeling, not rehabbing correctly, trying to play when he shouldn't of, or vice-versa, or ????.

[quote name='esjbh2' date='Jan 29 2005, 10:33 PM']I'd love to know the whole story on Warrick's injuries.  If there is anything to a rift between Marvin and Warrick it may be due to what transpired on Warrick's side of this.  I think Marvin was upset about some stuff that went on with Warrick regarding his injuries, i.e. not communicating more about or hiding what/how he was feeling, not rehabbing correctly, trying to play when he shouldn't of, or vice-versa, or ????.
[right][post="40717"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

it was hinted in an interview, i think the season ending recap with marvin that back far before the seriousness was known warrick wasnt training and conditioning it as much as he should have been, he then said warrick and he agreed and warrick has been doing everything he can to get ready in time for next year. I hardly find those comments grounds for any negative feelings between the two, paul daugherty is probably the biggest boob writer in all the lands, ... remember "Hey Bengals, Please dont embaress us" in the paper for the money night game... same guy.

fuck him.

[quote name='~mroby30~' date='Jan 29 2005, 11:59 PM']this isn't the time for pwar to throw a fit, he's very expendable at this point, in my opinion.
[right][post="40750"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

what fit? what are you talking about?

and expendable? who replaces him, TJ wont be here, he sees a pot of gold, and it doesnt have stripes on it, warrick is 5x the receiver TJ is anyway...

i dont understand your statement.

[quote name='~mroby30~' date='Jan 30 2005, 01:44 AM']the thread was talking about a bad attitude that marvin was upset with out of warrick, and i was assuming TJ would be brought back, and i disagree with you on the 5x the receiver comment, i think TJ is better.
[right][post="40783"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

warrick never had a bad attitude, and marvin never said warrick had a bad attitude. and there is no way TJ is better than warrick. not even bengalsown would agree to that. aside from being compeltely insane, your ok, ..

a few facts to remember though.

Tj sucks

warrick is awesome

im always right

your mom goes to college

back to the topic... there is zero proof not even a sentence from anyone of value saying warrick has done anything wrong. especially not from marvin.

[quote name='~mroby30~' date='Jan 29 2005, 10:59 PM']this isn't the time for pwar to throw a fit, he's very expendable at this point, in my opinion.
[right][post="40750"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]
?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????[font="Impact"][b][color="gray"]HUH!!!!!!![/color][/font][/b]????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Guest reggiemyles_4_vp
[quote name='~mroby30~' date='Jan 30 2005, 01:44 AM']the thread was talking about a bad attitude that marvin was upset with out of warrick, and i was assuming TJ would be brought back, and i disagree with you on the 5x the receiver comment, i think TJ is better.
cocaine is a helluva drug....

You're crazy

[quote name='GoBengals' date='Jan 30 2005, 01:48 AM']warrick never had a bad attitude, and marvin never said warrick had a bad attitude. and there is no way TJ is better than warrick. not even bengalsown would agree to that. aside from being compeltely insane, your ok, ..

a few facts to remember though.

Tj sucks

warrick is awesome

im always right

your mom goes to college
back to the topic... there is zero proof not even a sentence from anyone of value saying warrick has done anything wrong. especially not from marvin.
[right][post="40786"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

PW did imply that if he wasn't the number 1 or 2 receiver he would cause problems.
That probably put him on Marvin's bad side.

Guest bengalrick

i'm on the "sign tj" boat too... but my god, TJ better than pdub... [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/33.gif[/img]

Guest BengalBacker
[quote name='bengalrick' date='Jan 30 2005, 12:28 PM']i'm on the "sign tj" boat too... but my god, TJ better than pdub...  [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/33.gif[/img]
[right][post="40862"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

Up until 2003, P-Dub was considered a bust by most everyone. Even 2003 was just a good year, not a great one. He's still living off of his college greatness in many people's eyes. TJ had a better year than P-Dub ever has.

I'm not a P-Dub hater, but I just don't understand the people who talk like he's great. He's never shown greatness in the pros.

We can't say that Pdub is better than TJ and we can't say TJ is better than Pdub.With Pdub's knee,we don't know if he will be 100%.Pdub did have good moves,but will he with his knee problem?We don't know and with TJ having his chance to shine this year ,he did. So do we take a chance with pdub or do we let TJ go.I don't know if I would have trust in Pdub,especially after hearing he was a little lazy in the off season.

I agree...

Aside from his vaunted draft status, and 1st round contract, I haven't really seen so much proof that Warrick IS more worth having than T.J...Especially since he's the one with the bigger contract (right now).

[The insanity is spreading :blink: ]

BZ

PS. I don't think Warrick is in Marvin's doghouse right now, though. Let's wait until the decisions at WR are made for the season. Maybe Kelley will blow them both away this year, and we can ALL AGREE on that.

Guest bengalrick
[quote name='BengalBacker' date='Jan 30 2005, 12:38 PM']Up until 2003, P-Dub was considered a bust by most everyone. Even 2003 was just a good year, not a great one. He's still living off of his college greatness in many people's eyes. TJ had a better year than P-Dub ever has.

I'm not a P-Dub hater, but I just don't understand the people who talk like he's great. He's never shown greatness in the pros.
[right][post="40866"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

i don't know about you, but i've seen a marked difference ever since marvin took over... what i like about pdub is that he can always make the first guy miss... cj can't do that, tj can't do that... most people can't do that, as a matter of fact...

i can't disagree w/ you saying he hasn't shown "greatness"... he has only shown he is very, very good... but he needs to do that for more than 1 year, to be considered great...

comparing tj and pdub doesn't work b/c they are two differnet types of wr's.... but i still would rather have a 100% pdub over a 100% tj anyday... thats just me though...

Guest BengalBacker
[quote name='bengalrick' date='Jan 30 2005, 12:53 PM']i don't know about you, but i've seen a marked difference ever since marvin took over... what i like about pdub is that he can always make the first guy miss... cj can't do that, tj can't do that... most people can't do that, as a matter of fact...

i can't disagree w/ you saying he hasn't shown "greatness"... he has only shown he is very, very good... but he needs to do that for more than 1 year, to be considered great...

comparing tj and pdub doesn't work b/c they are two differnet types of wr's.... but i still would rather have a 100% pdub over a 100% tj anyday... thats just me though...
[right][post="40873"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

In college he made people miss. I haven't seen it in the pros.

Kelly needs to prove he can play at this level.He's got the size and strength.He could more dangerous as a #2 than TJ.But he's got to get that break away speed that were missing.Maybe with what TJ did ,opened his eyes.He could be one to get cut this year.Especially if they sign TJ and Pdub comes back 100%.

Archived