Shayne Graham

Guest Tigris

[quote name='BengalSIS' post='419913' date='Jan 1 2007, 10:36 AM']He was hitting 57 yarders in the halftime warmups of that game...in that direction. And he's hit 60 yarders in practice, but it's not something you warm up with generally because you don't risk injury when the likelyhood of that kick during the game is slim. He usually stops around 55-57 just to see the range with the wind.

He thought with perfect conditions, he could make it.

And as we've seen several times this year, Carson has never been protected well enough to get a hail mary in the air. I believe he's been sacked and fumbled almost everytime. So the odds of either happening were the same.[/quote]

thanks, it was a horrible game all around.. <_<

Guest Whodey420
[quote name='BengalMom' post='419392' date='Dec 31 2006, 06:21 PM']Screw you, you sorry piece of shit. Do you honestly think you can blame this game on Shayne? How about if the rest of the team had performed their jobs then it wouldn't have come to a FG.[/quote]

Of course if the rest of the team had done their jobs it wouldnt have come down to a FG.
But just because the rest of the team didnt do their job is no excuse for the kicker not doing
his when he's called upon to do so. And if you notice I didnt say I wished he choke to
"DEATH" on it. That was an attempt on my part to make light of a bad situation. And if you
noticed I also said that I respected your daughter for showing up on the board in such a
difficult time. I never said to cut him or called him derogatory names.

You seem like a good person BengalMom, one who has obviously done a good job raising
her children but to call me a sorry piece of shit is just too much. I've been a fan of this team
long before your son became a member of it and probably long before you have as well.
People being critical of your son's performance or anyone else's performance on this team
is gonna happen. Good or bad. You of all people should know that.

Happy New Year.

[quote name='Whodey420' post='419919' date='Jan 1 2007, 10:44 AM']Of course if the rest of the team had done their jobs it wouldnt have come down to a FG.
But just because the rest of the team didnt do their job is no excuse for the kicker not doing
his when he's called upon to do so. And if you notice I didnt say I wished he choke to
"DEATH" on it. That was an attempt on my part to make light of a bad situation. And if you
noticed I also said that I respected your daughter for showing up on the board in such a
difficult time. I never said to cut him or called him derogatory names.

You seem like a good person BengalMom, one who has obviously done a good job raising
her children but to call me a sorry piece of shit is just too much. I've been a fan of this team
long before your son became a member of it and probably long before you have as well.
People being critical of your son's performance or anyone else's performance on this team
is gonna happen. Good or bad. You of all people should know that.

Happy New Year.[/quote]

This convo ended hours ago. Can we please let this part of convo die? Call it emotional insanity and let it go.

Ok? Thanks. Have a happy new year. B)

Guest Tigris

[quote name='Utts' post='419638' date='Dec 31 2006, 09:19 PM']Shayne didn't cost us shit. This team had 3 consecutive opportunities to get themselves in the playoffs, and they blew each and every one. Palmer blew more game changing opportunities than Shayne did in the last 3-weeks - jump his shit.[/quote]
Shayne is supposed to be a big time player who makes big time field goals. He doesn't. Doesn't he get payed like one?

You could jump anyone's shit for the loss. But no one could have been more of a factor of taking home the win than Shayne Graham yesterday and he didn't step up to the plate.

He cost us the game. :crazy:

Also, half the damn board called for Brad St. Louis' head for fucking up a snap. They said he has one job... well, Shayne has one job, too. He kicks the ball. I like having Shayne as our kicker, but damn, I DO NOT trust the guy to win the game for us at all anymore.

What a shitty way to end the season. Fuckin' Graham. Could have been talking about the playoffs now.

I guess we we could look on the brightside... he could have possibly knocked us up a few notches with the missed FG in the draft. What are we looking at? #13-20???? I don't know how the tie stuff works.

[quote name='BengalSIS' post='419683' date='Dec 31 2006, 09:24 PM']Ok, so was anyone actually at the game near the goalposts...wtf happened with that kick? Shayne thought he made it and then BAM! it went right. That's why he was smiling. And I thought he made it too. Kicks just don't bend that quickly after going straight...what the hell?

As for all the other name calling mess....eh..too tired and sad for it.[/quote]
Sis, I've come to the conclusion that it was the football gods giving the ball a "blow" to the right. This was just not supposed to be our year with everything that's gone on...and Shayne NEVER misses that kick regardless of the circumstance, hence my assesment.

[quote name='Tigris' post='419981' date='Jan 1 2007, 12:30 PM']Shayne is supposed to be a big time player who makes big time field goals. He doesn't. Doesn't he get payed like one?

You could jump anyone's shit for the loss. But no one could have been more of a factor of taking home the win than Shayne Graham yesterday and he didn't step up to the plate.

Also, half the damn board called for Brad St. Louis' head for fucking up a snap. They said he has one job... well, Shayne has one job, too. He kicks the ball. I like having Shayne as our kicker, but damn, I DO NOT trust the guy to win the game for us at all anymore.

What a shitty way to end the season. Fuckin' Graham. Could have been talking about the playoffs now.

I guess we we could look on the brightside... he could have possibly knocked us up a few notches with the missed FG in the draft. What are we looking at? #13-20???? I don't know how the tie stuff works.[/quote]

the same ignorant half the board calling for brad is the same ignorant half calling for shayne.

Guest OneHeartBeat

[quote name='Tigris' post='419981' date='Jan 1 2007, 05:30 PM']Shayne is supposed to be a big time player who makes big time field goals. He doesn't. Doesn't he get payed like one?

I guess we we could look on the brightside... he could have possibly knocked us up a few notches with the missed FG in the draft. What are we looking at? #13-20???? I don't know how the tie stuff works.[/quote]

What you say is sad but true. He's paid millions of dollars to make kicks and it matters more in some games than in others. If he were a member of the Cowboys and missed that kick to send his team to the playoffs he would have been released this morning.

[quote name='OneHeartBeat' post='419987' date='Jan 1 2007, 12:35 PM']What you say is sad but true. He's paid millions of dollars to make kicks and it matters more in some games than in others. If he were a member of the Cowboys and missed that kick to send his team to the playoffs he would have been released this morning.[/quote]

not true, vanderhack missed several field goals and was a fucking cunt all preseason, far cry from shayne graham.

Guest Tigris
[quote name='OneHeartBeat' post='419987' date='Jan 1 2007, 12:35 PM']What you say is sad but true. He's paid millions of dollars to make kicks and it matters more in some games than in others. If he were a member of the Cowboys and missed that kick to send his team to the playoffs he would have been released this morning.[/quote]
Probably... just Jerry Jones is fucked up. Parcells wouldn't do that.

I'm serious about this though. Even thought it would have been cool to make the playoffs, we've played like hell and probably wouldn't have won the game anyway.

Shayne may have just brought us in the next great defensive player. We need to draft a stud DT or DE.

I'd be willing to trade our 1st and... well, I was going to say 3rd, but then I remembered... nevermind.

Guest OneHeartBeat
[quote name='GoBengals' post='419989' date='Jan 1 2007, 05:36 PM']not true, vanderhack missed several field goals and was a fucking cunt all preseason, far cry from shayne graham.[/quote]

When he missed the one that would have one the game for the Colts in the playoffs last year he was cut and has since been relased by the Cowboys. He lost his confidence. I hope that dosen't happen to Shane.

Guest IndianaBengal
Shayne is not the reason that Parker had a field day. He is not the reason for busted pass protection. He is not the reason for the botched snap last week at Denver. He does his job well. His accuracy is outstanding. People who say he is the reason for this loss are shallow thinking fans. Think beyond the obvious. It could have been 14-3 in the 4th but Parker was feeling sorry for our defense and gift wrapped a late present. unfortunately, the defense gave it write back to the stealers with over a minute to go.

[quote name='oldschooler' post='419903' date='Jan 1 2007, 10:25 AM']I know he`s your Brother, and you have some natural instinct to defend him,
but there really is no need. Most of us already know that Shayne is 2nd most
accurate kicker for a reason. And it`s not because he is a choker.

We know that he is one of the players of the highest quality of character and heart,
on this team. We also know that he hits that kick 99 out of 100 times. It just wasn`t meant to be.

When you talk to him, let him know we`re all still behind him, and are looking
forward to the many game winning kicks he WILL kick in the future for this team.[/quote]

x 2.

This game, this season wasn't Shayne's fault. We were fighting Fate this year, and that shows through all the weird things that kept happening.

It amazes me the amount of people that continue to try and single out a kicker and long snapper as why the Bengals aren't in the playoffs but continue to turn a blind eye to the real problem that this team has no leadership and lacks direction from the top of the organization, Marvin isn't the problem, Bob Bratkowski isn't the problem, Chucky B, Brad St Louis and Shayne Graham aren't the problems either, they are just symptoms of a major organizational flaw.

Been through countless coaches and players and we still have the same results, only one other thing left that could be changed that might make a difference.

1. As BengalBacker mentioned earlier, there are "rueful smiles." I, too, have this in my personality as if to say WTF when things go horribly wrong! He's a competitive kid who wanted to make it in the worst way. Marvin's smiling and giggling at news conferences are much more annoying;

2. over the last two years Shayne was 28 for 28 on kicks from under 40 yards. He's the second most accurate kicker in the history of the NFL for the number of kicks he has. He is the best kicker, at this time, in the NFL; and

3. there have been sooooo many other problems with this team over the last three weeks:dropped balls, Carson overthrows and can't run from anyone, horrendous defense, poor coaching, penalties from all areas, and just plain bad luck. Shayne's future performance is the least of our worries. I remember the days when we couldn't count on a kick at any place or time. I'll keep Shayne for another 15 years, please!

[quote name='Bunghole' post='420035' date='Jan 1 2007, 06:46 PM']Storm, I think that if we had a defense that was worth a shit that would make many of our complaints go away.[/quote]

Its the job of a GM to provide a head coach with all the tools necessary to build a defense

Guest BadassBengal
I really dont give a FUCK. Thats all his ass is paid to do. He can't even make that shit when it really matters. Find someone who can.

Guest oldschooler
From the King of Cock (Peter King)...

[quote][size=3][b]Goat of the Week[/b][/size]

[b]Shayne Graham, K, Cincinnati.[/b] What a disgrace this PAT/field-goal unit is. Last week they blew a chance at overtime in Denver by screwing up the tying extra point. And Sunday, with 12 seconds left in the fourth quarter of a 17-17 game with the stealers, Graham hit a perfect slice down the right side of the fairway, missing wide right by three feet on what should have been a piece of cake 39-yarder. Ridiculous. It's just as ridiculous that the Bengals finished 8-8. Blame special teams, fans of the striped.[/quote]

[url="http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/writers/peter_king/12/31/week17/3.html"]http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/writ...1/week17/3.html[/url]

[quote name='James Brooks' post='420033' date='Jan 1 2007, 06:45 PM']2. over the last two years Shayne was 28 for 28 on kicks from under 40 yards. He's the second most accurate kicker in the history of the NFL for the number of kicks he has. He is the best kicker, at this time, in the NFL; and[/quote]

[b]BUT HE IS TEH CHOCKING LOOSER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![/b]

:ninja:

Guest IndianaBengal
[quote name='BadassBengal' post='420050' date='Jan 1 2007, 02:03 PM']I really dont give a FUCK. Thats all his ass is paid to do. He can't even make that shit when it really matters. Find someone who can.[/quote]

name a kicker whom you would take right now over Shayne. Don't say Vinetarri, cause his ass is happy in Colt land. shayne is probowl material or close to it annually.

Archived