~ "CULT CLASSIC" MOVIES ~

Guest BlackJesus

CULT CLASSIC MOVIES  

36 members have voted

1. 1. Best Sci Fi Cult Classic of all time in your opinion ?

• 2001: A Space Odyssey
    • Aliens
    • Army of Darkness
    • Blade Runner
    • Forbidden Planet
    • Ghostbusters
    • Killer Klowns From Outer Space
    • Labyrinth
    • The Little Shop of Horrors
    • The Lord of the Rings film trilogy
    • Logan's Run
    • Mad Max
    • The Matrix Trilogy
    • The Philadelphia Experiment
    • Planet of the Apes
    • RoboCop
    • Star Trek
    • Original Star Wars Trilogy
    • Second Star Wars Trilogy
    • Attack of the Killer Tomatoes
  2. 2. Best Comedic Cult Classic of all time in your opinion ?

• The Big Lebowski
    • The Blues Brothers
    • Caddyshack
    • Cheech & Chong
    • Clerks
    • Dumb and Dumber
    • Fast Times at Ridgemont High
    • Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid
    • Jerky Boys
    • Napoleon Dynamite
    • Animal House
    • Office Space
    • Ferris Bueller's Day Off
    • The Princess Bride
    • Monty Python
    • Rushmore
    • Slap Shot
    • Wayne's World
    • South Park: Bigger, Longer & Uncut
    • Super Troopers
  3. 3. Best Action Cult Classic of all time in your opinion ?

• Apocalypse Now
    • Batman
    • Battle Royale
    • Bloodsport
    • The Boondock Saints
    • Reservoir Dogs
    • Die Hard
    • Dirty Harry
    • Scarface
    • First Blood
    • Flash Gordon
    • Full Metal Jacket
    • The Full Monty
    • The Godfather
    • Pulp Fiction
    • James Bond
    • The Last Boy Scout
    • Lethal Weapon
    • Menace II Society
    • New Jack City
  4. 4. Best Dramatic Cult Classic of all time in your opinion ?

• American History X
    • American Psycho
    • Being John Malkovich
    • A Clockwork Orange
    • Donnie Darko
    • Dr. Strangelove
    • Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind
    • Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas
    • Fight Club
    • The Gods Must Be Crazy
    • Memento
    • Pi
    • Red Dawn
    • Requiem for a Dream
    • Rocky
    • Snatch
    • Swingers
    • Twelve Monkeys
    • The Usual Suspects
    • V for Vendetta
  5. 5. Best Horror Cult Classic of all time in your opinion ?

• Beetlejuice
    • The Blob
    • Child's Play
    • The Crow
    • Dracula (1931)
    • Evil Dead
    • Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!
    • Friday The 13th
    • The Goonies
    • Night of the Living Dead
    • A Nightmare on Elm Street
    • The Rocky Horror Picture Show
    • Scream
    • Snakes on a Plane
    • The Texas Chainsaw Massacre
    • Tremors
    • Twelve Monkeys
    • The Hills Have Eyes

[quote name='Jamie_B' post='452461' date='Mar 7 2007, 01:47 PM']I cant believe Rocky Horror Picture Show isnt defined as a cult classic.

To me cult classics are "B" movies that have a underground (and sometimes not so underground) following.[/quote]

Concur

Guest BlackJesus
[quote name='Jamie_B' post='452461' date='Mar 7 2007, 02:47 PM']I cant believe Rocky Horror Picture Show isnt defined as a cult classic.[/quote]

[b]It is .... listed under Horror above [/b]

[quote]The Rocky Horror Picture Show [ 0 ] [0.00%][/quote]

[quote name='BlackJesus' post='452453' date='Mar 7 2007, 02:34 PM'][b]
are your fingers broken ? :whistle:

also it is not that easy to edit Wikipedia and have your edit stay (they check most edits now) .... [color="#FF0000"]just ask Ben Raglessfucks page [/color][img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons//23.gif[/img] [/b][/quote]

[img]http://www.davidlouisedelman.com/images/stephen-colbert.jpg[/img]
[size=4]Or the Wikipage on Elephants.[/size]

[quote name='BlackJesus' post='452465' date='Mar 7 2007, 02:49 PM'][b]It is .... listed under Horror above [/b][/quote]

Must of been why I missed it, I guess I concider it a comedy.

Guest BlackJesus
[quote name='Jamie_B' post='452467' date='Mar 7 2007, 02:51 PM']Must of been why I missed it, I guess I concider it a comedy.[/quote]

[b][img]http://photos.lacoccinelle.net/63/09/206309.jpg[/img]
Nah ... I consider this horrifying more than anything ...

also the title itself "horror" [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/23.gif[/img][/b]

[quote name='BlackJesus' post='452475' date='Mar 7 2007, 02:56 PM'][b][img]http://photos.lacoccinelle.net/63/09/206309.jpg[/img]
Nah ... I consider this horrifying more than anything ...
also the title itself "horror" [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/23.gif[/img][/b][/quote]

I said it before and Ill say it again, but our old friend and steelers troll docholiday

[img]http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h137/jamie_b_2006/docholiday3.jpg[/img] [size=5]=[/size] [img]http://photos.lacoccinelle.net/63/09/206309.jpg[/img]

[url="http://forum.go-bengals.com/index.php?showtopic=25914"]http://forum.go-bengals.com/index.php?showtopic=25914[/url]

I guess I have a different definition of what is a "Cult Classic". To me, LOTR is by no means a "Cult Clasic" it was a very mainstream popular film. Same for Star Wars, Ghost Busters, and many of the others on that list.

When I think of cult classic I think of Clockwork Orange, Atatck of the Killer Tomatoes, and Rocky Horror Picture Show.

[quote name='Jason' post='452503' date='Mar 7 2007, 03:34 PM']I guess I have a different definition of what is a "Cult Classic". To me, LOTR is by no means a "Cult Clasic" it was a very mainstream popular film. Same for Star Wars, Ghost Busters, and many of the others on that list.

When I think of cult classic I think of Clockwork Orange, Atatck of the Killer Tomatoes, and Rocky Horror Picture Show.[/quote]

x2

[quote name='Jason' post='452503' date='Mar 7 2007, 02:34 PM']I guess I have a different definition of what is a "Cult Classic". To me, LOTR is by no means a "Cult Clasic" it was a very mainstream popular film. Same for Star Wars, Ghost Busters, and many of the others on that list.

When I think of cult classic I think of Clockwork Orange, Atatck of the Killer Tomatoes, and Rocky Horror Picture Show.[/quote]

And Titanic and ET. :ninja:

Believe it or not the only movie out of all of those that I haven't seen is the Southpark movie. You watch a lot of movies when you live in a foreign country and can't understand the TV. I spent many a year watching any movie I could get my hands on until I could speak the language. Anyway, with that said, here are my picks.

Sci-fi
Planet of the Apes

Comedic
Caddyshack - One of my all time favorite movies. How this movie is not winning the category is beyond me. Not only was Rodney Dangerfield in rare form, the whole movie, in my opinion, was owned by Ted Knight.

Action
First Blood - Anyone that knows me knows that this is my all time favorite flick. I've seen this movie so many times it's not even funny. It actually rests on the edge of being odd. I can go through that movie line by line and not skip a beat. When I was in high school, and this is not an exaggeration, I rented this flick one weekend and sat there Friday night, Saturday and Sunday until I went to bed, watching-rewinding to the beginning and watching again. I easily watched that movie 35 times over one weekend. I know, sick. My wife bought me the entire Rambo collection on DVD for X-mas 2005. I've only watched it once. hehe!!

Dramatic
Snatch - I'm not sure if this movie qualifies as a cult classic or not but I love it. Brad Pitt rules that movie.

Horror
Goonies - I only chose this because I'm not a big fan of horror movies. This is the only one I really enjoyed out of all of them.

MULLY

[quote name='Actium' date='Mar 7 2007, 08:23 AM' post='452206']
Fave cult classic of camp--Plan 9 from Outer Space. [b]There's something about the combination of Ed Wood's sincerity plus his ineptitude that makes him untouchable.

[/b]

True. And coincidentally, the excellent movie "Ed Wood" is considered a cult classic.

[quote name='ChicagoBengal' post='453175' date='Mar 8 2007, 08:22 AM']True. And coincidentally, the excellent movie "Ed Wood" is considered a cult classic.[/quote]

Oh, I agree--it's a brilliantly done film. It is wonderfully idealized, and Bela Lugosi (or rather the actor) stole the show. Ed Wood's life didn't end well, but he has found his legacy. What amazes me is that, if he were merely mediocre, and semi-competent--he would have been forgotten. But because he was so awful, he will be remembered forever. On the pure strength of his dreams he has carved out a place for himself in history. That is inspiring, even if they do make fun of him until the ends of the Earth.

[quote name='ChicagoBengal' post='453175' date='Mar 8 2007, 09:22 AM']True. And coincidentally, the excellent movie "Ed Wood" is considered a cult classic.[/quote]

"Great, now let's hear him call Boris Karloff a cocksucker." - Classic Bill Murray

Great film IMHO.

[quote name='Actium' post='453200' date='Mar 8 2007, 08:56 AM']Oh, I agree--it's a brilliantly done film. It is wonderfully idealized, and Bela Lugosi (or rather the actor) stole the show. Ed Wood's life didn't end well, but he has found his legacy. What amazes me is that, if he were merely mediocre, and semi-competent--he would have been forgotten. [b]But because he was so awful, he will be remembered forever.[/b] On the pure strength of his dreams he has carved out a place for himself in history. That is inspiring, even if they do make fun of him until the ends of the Earth.[/quote]

Sadly, this phenomena will hold true for Ben Roethlisberger as well.

Archived