At least 32 (plus gunmen) dead in Virginia Tech Shooting

Chris Henrys Dealer

Guest BlackJesus
[font="Arial Narrow"][size=3][b][color="#008000"]Additional random thoughts ...[/color]

- If this is over a crush or a break up ... imagine how bad the girl is going to feel for turning him down or dumping him. Even though of course none of this is her fault ... this would have to way on her.

- It will be interesting to see how "who the victims is" is spun. For instance will he be an illegal immigrant ? Will he be a Muslim? Will he be a Satan worshipper? etc. Whatever he ends up being ... you can be sure that the media will inundate with us with investigations into the groups he belonged to ... and pump up the fear meter to show us how this will surely happen again in the coming weeks.

- You have to wonder about the chance of a copy cat crime. That thought is frightening.

- The Gunman would have had to have some kind of military training or something. To shoot 33 people is not an easy thing to do and takes good aim.

- You can also be sure that Hollywood and Video games will find themselves blamed as well. And there will probably be very little mention of the failure of this little crazy fucks parents. [/b][/size][/font]

Guest BlackJesus
[color="#008080"][font="Arial Narrow"][size=3][b] Also I will bet that this kid ends up being on psychiatric drugs ... and thus the over under on Tom Cruise and his Xenu worshipping Shitbags warning us all about their use - I would say is 5 days. [/b][/size][/font][/color]

[quote name='BlackJesus' post='473191' date='Apr 16 2007, 07:45 PM'][font="Arial Narrow"][size=3][b][color="#008000"]Additional random thoughts ...[/color]
- If this is over a crush or a break up ... imagine how bad the girl is going to feel for turning him down or dumping him. Even though of course none of this is her fault ... this would have to way on her.
[/b][/size][/font][/quote]

I'm sure she doesn't feel anything anymore - she dead. (If she actually existed).

no, the media only makes a big deal when its something abnormal, thats what makes it *news*

being at a school is only extra filler for the media, it is the abnormality that sells. 33 deaths a day is pitiful for a nation of this magnitude, but par for the course. 33 in a single incident is why this story is selling, not to mention it happened at an area supposedly far away from the violence that those locations you have already mentioned experience semi regularly (albeit on a lower scale).

[quote name='Go Tory Go!' post='473195' date='Apr 16 2007, 07:53 PM']I'm sure she doesn't feel anything anymore - she dead. (If she actually existed).[/quote]

I believe that is where her dorm room was and she was the 1st killing along with the RA that they said tried to help with what was described as a argument before the shootings.

[quote name='Go Tory Go!' post='473195' date='Apr 16 2007, 07:53 PM']I'm sure she doesn't feel anything anymore - she dead. (If she actually existed).[/quote]
i could have sworn i saw somewhere (here?) that said she was shot but lived, and that it was her ra that was killed.

kinda sounds to me like that part wasnt premeditated, but that the cat realized he fucked up and planned during that 2 hour break to take as many out with him as humanly possible.

Guest BlackJesus
[color="#800080"][font="Arial Narrow"][size=4][b]Very interesting .... Article from 2 years ago ....[/b][/size][/font][/color]

[size=3][u][quote][b]Virginia Tech's ban on guns may draw legal fire[/b]
By Kevin Miller
4/13/2005[/u][/size]

BLACKSBURG - Virginia Tech's recent action against a student caught carrying a gun to class could draw unwanted attention from groups already angry about firearms restrictions on public college campuses.

University officials confirmed that, earlier this semester, campus police approached a student found to be carrying a concealed handgun to class. [b]The unnamed student was not charged with any crimes because he holds a state-issued permit allowing him to carry a concealed gun.[/b] But the student could face disciplinary action from the university for [b]violating its policy prohibiting "unauthorized possession, storage or control" of firearms on campus. [/b]

Tech spokesman Larry Hincker declined to release the student's name or specifics of the incident, citing rules protecting student confidentiality. [b]But Hincker said Tech's ban on guns dates back several decades. [/b]

Students who violate the school policy could be called before the university's internal judicial affairs system, which has wide discretion in handing down penalties ranging from a reprimand to expulsion.

[b]"I think it's fair to say that we believe guns don't belong in the classroom,"[/b] Hincker said. [b]"In an academic environment, we believe you should be free from fear." [/b] [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/23.gif[/img]

Most public colleges in Virginia ban or restrict guns on campus. But the root of that authority is murky, according to some observers.

Virginia law already prohibits students or visitors from carrying guns onto the grounds of public and private K-12 schools. The state also prohibits concealed weapons in courthouses, places of worship during a service, jails and on any private property where the owner has posted a "no guns" notice. State employees are barred from possessing guns while at work unless needed for their job.

[b]But Virginia code is silent on guns and public colleges.[/b] And two bills seeking to give college governing boards the authority to regulate firearms on campus died in committee during this year's General Assembly session.

David Briggman, a resident of Keezletown in Rockingham County, has made it his personal mission to challenge state colleges' authority to enact tougher gun restrictions than the state.

Briggman, who is a former police officer, said he forced Blue Ridge Community College to allow him to carry a gun onto campus while a student. And he sued James Madison University over its ban on concealed weapons even among permit holders. While JMU's policy still stands, Briggman said he has been told by campus police officials that they will not arrest visitors who carry a gun legally.

"It's extremely easy to challenge university policy by looking at ... whether they are given the statutory authority to regulate firearms on campus, and of course, they're not," Briggman said Tuesday.

[b]Hincker, meanwhile, said it is not unusual for colleges to have more restrictive policies than the state. [/b] As an example, Hincker said certain chemicals and explosives that are legal on the outside are prohibited in the classroom or in dormitories for safety reasons.

"We think we have the right to adhere to and enforce that policy because, in the end, we think it's a common-sense policy for the protection of students, staff and faculty as well as guests and visitors," Hincker said.

Virginia Tech also has the backing of the Virginia Association of Chiefs of Police. In a policy position paper dated April 1, association executive director Dana Schrad wrote that the presence of guns on college campuses "adds a dangerous element to an environment in which alcohol is a compounding factor." Students should not have to be concerned about guns on campus, Schrad wrote.

[b]"The excellent reputation of Virginia's colleges and universities depends in part on the public's belief that they are sending their college-age children to safe environments,"[/b] the policy paper reads.

At least one attorney who represents college students would like to see the concealed-carry permit issue clarified.

John Robertson, the Student Legal Services attorney at Tech, said he's heard differing interpretations of the policy at Tech. Robertson, whose position is funded through the Student Government Association's budget, does not represent students in disputes with the university but offers free legal advice and services to students on civil and criminal matters.

Robertson said he would like to see either a court or the state Attorney General's Office resolve the matter. As for a university's refusal to honor a concealed-carry permit, Robertson added: "I am dubious that one particular arm of the state can do so without a particular statute."

Hincker acknowledged that the concealed guns issue had "never been tested" and that the university could be opening itself up to legal action.

"But we stand by the policy unequivocally," Hincker said.[/quote]

[url="http://www.roanoke.com/news/nrv/wb/xp-21770"]http://www.roanoke.com/news/nrv/wb/xp-21770[/url]

Guest BlackJesus

[color="#8B0000"][font="Arial Narrow"][size=3][b]MSNBC is saying that the shooter may be a 24 yr old Chinese National on a student Visa :huh:[/b][/size][/font][/color]

Guest BlackJesus
[center][img]http://weblogs.variety.com/photos/uncategorized/sammo_web.jpg[/img]

[size=2][i]"You can't declare war on my country ... because we personally own half the currency in yours" [/i][/size][/center]

Guest BlackJesus
[color="#556B2F"][size=3][font="Arial Narrow"][b]Some reports are saying that the gunman lined up students against a wall and shot them execution style ...

My question to that would be = Who in the fuck would willingly stand up against a wall in a line of people and let themselves be shot in the head ?

IF TRUE ... Fuck that ... I was under the impression that in the "post 9/11" world that Americans had realized that when you are being hijacked or taken over by a crazed man etc = go out with a fight at least. [/b][/font][/size][/color]

Guest BlackJesus
[font="Arial Narrow"][size=3][b]News to just come out ...

- Guy was not even a student

- Ruling out 2nd shooter

- Used a 22 & a 9 mm with scraped off #'s [/b][/size][/font]

[quote name='BlackJesus' post='473223' date='Apr 16 2007, 08:35 PM'][font="Arial Narrow"][size=3][b]News to just come out ...
- Guy was not even a student

- Ruling out 2nd shooter

[color="#FF0000"]- Used a 22 & a 9 mm with scraped off #'s [/color][/b][/size][/font][/quote]

even more evidence it was premeditated

Guest BlackJesus
[font="Arial Narrow"][size=3][b]It will add an interesting dimension if the clip (which allows a 9 mm to have more than 10 bullets) the gunman was using was a kind that was banned up until 2 years ago when Bush let the ban expire. [/b][/size][/font]

Guest BlackJesus
[color="#483D8B"][font="Arial Narrow"][size=3][b]I think it is bullshit that Congress postponed Alberto Gonzales' testimony tomorrow to Congress until Thursday. The rest of the country has to fucking work tomorrow, and so should congress. [/b][/size][/font][/color] [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/23.gif[/img]

Sisters high school choir teacher had 2 former students who were shot (niether in critical condition) and helped in blocking the door so he couldnt re-enter.

From her - over 100 kids were in that class in the engineering building, though not sure what the class was.

[quote name='gatorclaws' post='473243' date='Apr 16 2007, 08:58 PM']This is really messing with me today. I just graduated recently and my girl is still in school for another year in engineering. Like BJ said, it's frightening that there may be some copy cats out there.[/quote]

Hope not Im still at George Mason.

Guest BlackJesus
[font="Arial Narrow"][size=3][b][color="#2F4F4F"]More info to come out ... [/color]

- Gunman was about 6'0 tall

- Asian ethnicity

- Wore a maroon hat and a leather jacket with a bullet proof vest

- Acted very serious and methodical as he went room to room

- Eyewitnesses say it looked like he had military training as he quickly reloaded his clips and had good aim [/b][/size][/font]

Archived