At least 32 (plus gunmen) dead in Virginia Tech Shooting

Chris Henrys Dealer

[quote name='Bunghole' post='473482' date='Apr 17 2007, 12:07 PM']I understand what you mean, [b]but does it really matter what color or religion this guy was[/b]? The fact is that he committed an unspeakable act, the wounds of which will never heal for the families and friends involved.
I never understood guys like this....if you think your life sucks so bad, just kill yourself, don't take bystanders along with you and compound your crime![/quote]

the sad thing is bung, that it does matter what color or religion this guy is! belive me! <_<

hate to say this, but this kind of crime had white guy written all over it! and im not trying to be racist about this.
i was really surprised to see that the guy is s.korean!

[quote name='Bunghole' post='473482' date='Apr 17 2007, 05:07 PM']I understand what you mean, but does it really matter what color or religion this guy was? The fact is that he committed an unspeakable act, the wounds of which will never heal for the families and friends involved.
I never understood guys like this....if you think your life sucks so bad, just kill yourself, don't take bystanders along with you and compound your crime![/quote]
To you and me, it makes no difference, but we aren't vicitims of racial intolerance in most places in the US, since we're white.

[quote name='Rumble in the Jungle' post='473485' date='Apr 17 2007, 10:10 AM']the sad thing is bung, that it does matter what color or religion this guy is! belive me! <_<

hate to say this, but this kind of crime had white guy written all over it! and im not trying to be racist about this.
i was really surprised to see that the guy is s.korean![/quote]
yeah, but if it had been a white guy, would anyone care what race he was? I understand that if it had been a Muslim person that there would have been cries of "terrorist!" in some circles, but...it was a terroristic act no matter the perpetrator. Does Tim McVeigh get a free pass on the terrorist label because he was white?

[quote name='Bunghole' post='473492' date='Apr 17 2007, 05:18 PM']yeah, but if it had been a white guy, would anyone care what race he was? I understand that if it had been a Muslim person that there would have been cries of "terrorist!" in some circles, but...it was a terroristic act no matter the perpetrator. Does Tim McVeigh get a free pass on the terrorist label because he was white?[/quote]
No, but you weren't subjected to racism from anyone over McVeigh. That's all that Rumble's getting at, I'm guessing.

[quote name='Bunghole' post='473492' date='Apr 17 2007, 12:18 PM']yeah, but if it had been a white guy, would anyone care what race he was? I understand that if it had been a Muslim person that there would have been cries of "terrorist!" in some circles, but...it was a terroristic act no matter the perpetrator. [b]Does Tim McVeigh get a free pass on the terrorist label because he was white?[/b][/quote]

He shouldnt but in those same circles he does because he was white and acting in revenge for the branch dividians. There are those who cant fathom that Muslim != Terrorist.

Bung, i totally agree with what your saying, and i almost could of typed what your about to say. but McVeigh's family doesn't get herrased a lot and are told to go back to where they came from! you get my drift? and i really don't wanna turn this into a racial thread either. the korean dude as i see it is a terrorist! agreed there.

[quote name='Rumble in the Jungle' post='473485' date='Apr 17 2007, 11:10 AM']the sad thing is bung, that it does matter what color or religion this guy is! belive me! <_<

i was really surprised to see that the guy is s.korean![/quote]

If anything things like this, and other crimes, show us that the capacity for evil is part of what it means to be human. Every race and every religion has its crazies--some more than others at various times throughout history.

[quote name='Rumble in the Jungle' post='473496' date='Apr 17 2007, 10:22 AM']Bung, i totally agree with what your saying, and i almost would of typed what your about to say. but McVeigh's family doesn't get herrased a lot and are told to go back to where they came from! you get my drift? and i really don't wanna turn this into a racial thread either. the korean dude as i see it is a terrorist! agreed there.[/quote]
Oh, go back to your country already. And UPS me some fondue while you're at it... :P

[quote name='Actium' post='473502' date='Apr 17 2007, 12:25 PM']If anything things like this, and other crimes, show us that the capacity for evil is part of what it means to be human. Every race and every religion has its crazies--some more than others at various times throughout history.[/quote]

WORD!

[quote name='Nati Ice' post='473460' date='Apr 17 2007, 11:34 AM']hate to burst the military bubble but if he was a 23 year old senior then i doubt he ever had the time to join the military.

(unless he was an advanced student who earned earlier college credits)[/quote]

I thought I saw a report that he has been here since the age of 8. (But kept the Korean citizenship) That too would dispel the military theory.

[quote name='Bunghole' post='473503' date='Apr 17 2007, 12:27 PM']Oh, go back to your country already. And UPS me some fondue while you're at it... :P[/quote]

[img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons//24.gif[/img] [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons//24.gif[/img] [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons//24.gif[/img]

and for the fondue part, just wait till tomorrow!
me and GO are working on something for everyone on the site as we speak!

[quote name='Actium' post='473502' date='Apr 17 2007, 10:25 AM']If anything things like this, and other crimes, show us that the capacity for evil is part of what it means to be human. Every race and every religion has its crazies--some more than others at various times throughout history.[/quote]
That pretty much sums it up for me. It's too bad that the time elapsed between the first and second set of shootings wasn't utilized properly to prevent further carnage. I think that the campus admin and police bungled this pretty badly.

[quote name='Rumble in the Jungle' post='473507' date='Apr 17 2007, 10:29 AM'][img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/24.gif[/img] [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/24.gif[/img] [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/24.gif[/img]

and for the fondue part, just wait till tomorrow!
me and GO are working on something for everyone on the site as we speak![/quote]
I gotta get the wife and I out there for dinner sometime. Fondue was always my favorite birthday meal as a kid in the 1970's, and Mom used to really do it up right with all kinds of condiments and such. I've been to the Melting Pot in Hyde Park when it was there a long time ago, and I ate like a champ.

[quote name='Bunghole' post='473508' date='Apr 17 2007, 12:29 PM']That pretty much sums it up for me. It's too bad that the time elapsed between the first and second set of shootings wasn't utilized properly to prevent further carnage. I think that the campus admin and police bungled this pretty badly.[/quote]

thats a great point!!! howcome in the 2 hour gap they couldn't arrest him to prevent the further killing ? what the fuck happend there ? where were the police, or the campus security ?

[quote name='Rumble in the Jungle' post='473507' date='Apr 17 2007, 05:29 PM'][img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons//24.gif[/img] [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons//24.gif[/img] [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons//24.gif[/img]

and for the fondue part, [b]just wait till tomorrow![/b]
me and GO are working on something for everyone on the site as we speak![/quote]
haven't i heard this somewhere before? :rolleyes:

:ninja:

[quote name='Bunghole' post='473508' date='Apr 17 2007, 11:29 AM']That pretty much sums it up for me. It's too bad that the time elapsed between the first and second set of shootings wasn't utilized properly to prevent further carnage. I think that the campus admin and police bungled this pretty badly.[/quote]

Yes. It's been said that mediocrites can funtion well until something disrupts the routine--and the extraordinary circumstances are where the mediocrities fail and the great flourish. Clearly the admin and police on the scene were mediocrities.

[quote name='Rumble in the Jungle' post='473510' date='Apr 17 2007, 10:32 AM']thats a great point!!! howcome in the 2 hour gap they couldn't arrest him to prevent the further killing ? what the fuck happend there ? where the police, or the campus security ?[/quote]
I think he blended into the mass of students after the first shooting. But admin had to know it had occurred, and I think a mass evacuation would have been more appropriate than a lock down.

[quote name='Bunghole' post='473508' date='Apr 17 2007, 12:29 PM']That pretty much sums it up for me. [b]It's too bad that the time elapsed between the first and second set of shootings wasn't utilized properly to prevent further carnage. I think that the campus admin and police bungled this pretty badly.[/b][/quote]

That to me is the worst part of all this.

[quote name='Bunghole' post='473515' date='Apr 17 2007, 12:33 PM']I think he blended into the mass of students after the first shooting. But admin had to know it had occurred, and I think a mass evacuation would have been more appropriate than a lock down.[/quote]

it's sad evertime something big happens we have to use it as an example of how to handle the next situation! <_< i wish it was handled better!

now the question that i have, if any of you were parents of the students that was killed or in the college in general, would you be pissed at the university ? would you be suing ? i think thats a tough call but if i was a parent i would look into it, cause the security there was lame!

[quote name='Bunghole' post='473482' date='Apr 17 2007, 12:07 PM']I understand what you mean, [b]but does it really matter what color or religion this guy was?[/b] The fact is that he committed an unspeakable act, the wounds of which will never heal for the families and friends involved.

[color="#FF0000"][b]Oh yes it does !!!!.......if the suspect was white, it would not matter, but if the suspect is a
minority.......different ball game. As I have stated before in a previous post, I am very worried
that some Koreans in that area and at universities all over, may be the victim of some "backlash"
crimes.

If you are a Korean male who attends VT, if you were not noticed before, you will
definatley be noticed and watched for now on. The same thing probably would have
applied for every other minority with the exception of blacks, because black males have always been
and will always be profiled for crimes and shit.

Anyway, I can almost gaurentee that some Korean stores, homes and restaurants around the area will be vandelized as a result of this.

And Rumble is right, had the killer been an Arab, OMG, all hell would have broken loose.

[/b][/color]

[quote name='ONYX' post='473523' date='Apr 17 2007, 10:37 AM'][color="#FF0000"][b]Oh yes it does !!!!.......if the suspect was white, it would not matter, but if the suspect is a
minority.......different ball game. As I have stated before in a previous post, I am very worried
that some Koreans in that area and at universities all over, may be the victim of some "backlash"
crimes.

[size=5]If you are a Korean male who attends VT, if you were not noticed before, you will
definatley be noticed and watched for now on.[/size] The same thing probably would have
applied for every other minority with the exception of blacks, because black males have always been
and will always be profiled for crimes and shit.

Anyway, I can almost gaurentee that some Korean stores, homes and restaurants around the area will be vandelized as a result of this.

And Rumble is right, had the killer been an Arab, OMG, all hell would have broken loose.

[/b][/color][/quote]
I think that most college-aged and educated students in the USA are beyond this kind of behavior and would consider it an isolated incident, which is exactly what it was.

[quote name='Bunghole' post='473529' date='Apr 17 2007, 12:42 PM']I think that most college-aged and educated students in the USA are beyond this kind of behavior and would consider it an isolated incident, which is exactly what it was.[/quote]

[color="#FF0000"][b]I would like to think that too. But this the USA we are talking about here.......[/b][/color]

[quote name='Bunghole' post='473529' date='Apr 17 2007, 12:42 PM']I think that most college-aged and educated students in the USA are beyond this kind of behavior and would consider it an isolated incident, which is exactly what it was.[/quote]

At first glace I would tend to agree, but depending on the motive thats hard to say.

:lol:

[color="#FF0000"][b]You mean the same ones who have the parties on campus, where they dress up in black face,
wear afro wigs, and try to look like pimps and gangsters.......them?[/b][/color]
:ninja:

Archived