I'll be buying a new car soon Stang or Eclipse

Jason

I will be buying a new car some time between October and February (I know, still a few months off). Right now my top 2 contenders are the Mustang and the Eclipse, both in the GT convertible versions.

Does anyone have either of these cars (in the new body styles)? Do you like it? What, if anything, do you not like about it? How is the acceleration? Cornering/handling? Would you buy it again?

Thanks.

[quote name='Jamie_B' post='495177' date='Jun 4 2007, 02:17 PM']What was it that you didnt like about the G6?[/quote]

The Stang and the eclipse have more power. But I do like OnStar, and haven't done the test drives yet, so the G6 isn't totally out of the running.

How is the acceleration and handling/cornering for the G6?

[quote name='Jason' post='495182' date='Jun 4 2007, 02:23 PM']The Stang and the eclipse have more power. But I do like OnStar, and haven't done the test drives yet, so the G6 isn't totally out of the running.

How is the acceleration and handling/cornering for the G6?[/quote]

I used to drive a 01 eclipse so in comparison to that the heandleing/cornering isnt the same, but thats more due to the wider body on the old eclipse (howver the newer bodies are similar but I couldnt do a comparison as Ive not driven the newer model). Acceleration is pretty much the same, at least to me.

Test driving them is the best idea though.

[quote name='OG_OklahomaGirl_OG' post='495198' date='Jun 4 2007, 02:41 PM']eclipses are more girly than mustangs...just sayin.[/quote]

There's nothing "girly" about it in black. I really like the sound system.

I have a 88 V8 5.0 stang.

I no its no help..or anything but the thing is quick..It's also running very well for 160000 miles. I would recommend a mustang..well because..there badass...especially the new one. You should get a black one with the two orange stripes going over it.

[quote name='OG_OklahomaGirl_OG' post='495248' date='Jun 4 2007, 03:22 PM']Sorry Jason. My Apologies.
Hey Jason I think you should get whatever car makes you happy and don't ask anyone for advice because you will always end up heartbroken when people let you down. (jamie B). And dont get a pink car because im sure someone will turn you down when you request one.[/quote]

:lol:

[quote name='JC' post='495245' date='Jun 4 2007, 03:21 PM']I have a 88 V8 5.0 stang.

I no its no help..or anything but the thing is quick..It's also running very well for 160000 miles. I would recommend a mustang..well because..there badass...especially the new one. You should get a black one with the two orange stripes going over it.[/quote]

I was just on the Ford site looking at the orange convertible with the black top and the dark charcoal interior. That was kind of sweet. My wife likes the dark blue version.

[quote name='OG_OklahomaGirl_OG' post='495248' date='Jun 4 2007, 03:22 PM']Sorry Jason. My Apologies.
Hey Jason I think you should get whatever car makes you happy and don't ask anyone for advice because you will always end up heartbroken when people let you down. ( jamie B. ). And dont get a pink car because im sure someone will turn you down when you request one.[/quote]

No worries. :D

I'm not really looking for "advice", per se. There are things about a car that you can't really learn in a test drive, and that's the main thing I am looking for here.

[quote name='Jason' post='495252' date='Jun 4 2007, 03:24 PM']I was just on the Ford site looking at the orange convertible with the black top and the dark charcoal interior. That was kind of sweet. My wife likes the dark blue version.[/quote]
Thats def. a bengals automobile!

[quote name='OG_OklahomaGirl_OG' post='495259' date='Jun 4 2007, 03:28 PM']what can you not learn from a test drive?[/quote]

How reliable it is for one. I bought a car back in the late 90s that was nice looking and fun to drive, but in the first 2 years I had it I had to replace the O2 sensor 5 times. Fortunately it was still under warranty.

How comfortable is it on a 1000 mile trip? How does it handle in heavy rain (since it never snows in south florida)? Other little things that you have to own the car and live with it for 6 months or more to know.

[s]Oh, I just remembered they had a new Camaro at the Taste of the NFL event. It too looked sweet. I'll have to get more info on that as well.[/s]

Looks sweet, but it's not coming out until the 2009 model year.

Archived