I'll be buying a new car soon Stang or Eclipse

Jason

To expand on what others have said, the Eclipse is definitly a girls car. It truely is marketed and made for women as the main target demographic. It really is. You could look at a VW Beetle after you test drive the Eclipse... :whistle:

And some people on here may hate me for this, but I hate Mustangs. Other than old Cameros and Firebirds, there really isnt a more white trash rednecky car than a Mustang. And Fords really are shitty as far as reliability and finishing touches, at least compared to japanese and German cars. Now, I had an 85 Bronco and loved it, but it was what it was, and it was kinda cool being a beater....

I would agree to look at Acuras, not Hondas though (too boring), what about a GTi VW? Theyre pretty fucking fast (not V8 fast power though), or even preowned Audis or BMWs that will come with a 4 year warrenty? Have you looked around much? Are the Eclipse and the Mustang just whims, or did you really whittle down every car out there and come up with those two still standing?

Guest CincyInDC
[quote name='Jamie_B' post='495461' date='Jun 4 2007, 08:30 PM']I have an '07 and have zero complaints.[/quote]

I won't complain, but I'm never getting in Jamie's backseat again.

But the backseat is not why you buy a sports car.

[quote name='big_dish' post='495627' date='Jun 5 2007, 12:48 AM']To expand on what others have said, the Eclipse is definitly a girls car. It truely is marketed and made for women as the main target demographic. It really is. You could look at a VW Beetle after you test drive the Eclipse... :whistle:

And some people on here may hate me for this, but I hate Mustangs. Other than old Cameros and Firebirds, there really isnt a more white trash rednecky car than a Mustang. And Fords really are shitty as far as reliability and finishing touches, at least compared to japanese and German cars. Now, I had an 85 Bronco and loved it, but it was what it was, and it was kinda cool being a beater....

I would agree to look at Acuras, not Hondas though (too boring), what about a GTi VW? Theyre pretty fucking fast (not V8 fast power though), or even preowned Audis or BMWs that will come with a 4 year warrenty? Have you looked around much? Are the Eclipse and the Mustang just whims, or did you really whittle down every car out there and come up with those two still standing?[/quote]

word. you said what i was being to polite to say, hondas are "boring" but surely reliable, i want a new car but my civic has 152,000 miles on it and i never replaces the timing belt even, spark plugs, cap rotor and oil, etc all i have ever done to it.. purs like a kitten, a kitten who can ran into in the middle of the night so the bumper rattles on the muffler, ..bastards... but yea, runs good and i get about 32/mpg i drive mostly highway tho

Guest BengalsOwn
[quote name='big_dish' post='495627' date='Jun 5 2007, 12:48 AM']And some people on here may hate me for this, but I hate Mustangs. Other than old Cameros and Firebirds, there really isnt a more white trash rednecky car than a Mustang. And Fords really are shitty as far as reliability and finishing touches, at least compared to japanese and German cars.[/quote]

He's not talking about buying a rusted out 1988 Mustang GT putting an exhaust on it.

And besides, for speed down a 1/4 mile track, nothing really beats a Mustang.

Mustangs are pretty simple cars, therefore they are reliable. I've had a few different Japanese cars, and they have all been completely unreliable. And I haven't heard very many good things about BMW's reliability.

All I have to say is stay away from Mitsubishi.

[quote name='BengalsOwn' post='495625' date='Jun 5 2007, 12:41 AM']Let me re-phrase that then. Any RWD sports car will always out handle a FWD sports car. And what does rain have anything to do with handling? Sure a FWD car has better grip in the rain, but that's because all of the weight is up there. That's obvious. And nothing beats an AWD car in the rain (EVO, WRX, 3/S)

And no, I don't believe a FWD Eclipse handles better than a C6, where the hell did you get that from?[/quote]

Actually no... fwd cars were invented because the safety and handling were much better... tucker invented the first one and it was deemed the safest car in the world because of it... when you drive you want the most weight on your drive wheels... motor in front, you want drivetrain there too.. pressure is what gives you traction... ive had both RW and FW... RW is faster cause it propels you... FW pulls you... in physics its quicker and easier to push than to pull... im out of my logic but you see what i mean... to most it is preference, but if you want logic you get FWD...and before you say its cost savings why more cars are FWD, like alot of people do , its untrue...its cheaper to make it RWD...im not being an ass just being factual

:afropic:

[quote name='Bunghole' post='495523' date='Jun 4 2007, 10:20 PM']Oh, and Jason, [b]I wouldn't buy a Mustang V-8 as a daily driver unless you're making bookoo cash and don't give a crap about gas prices[/b].
Plus, you'll never fit that two-handed sword into EITHER car.
Get a Honda Civic Si, or an Acura. They're fun enough, handle well and get MUCH better gas mileage than a Mustang.
And I don't trust the reliability of Eclipses. They look nice, but...I've known a couple people that haven't been happy with their reliability.[/quote]

I make enough money that gas prices are not a concern. My wife has an SUV that we would use to go to the Faire.

[quote name='Jason' post='495665' date='Jun 5 2007, 06:24 AM']I make enough money that gas prices are not a concern. My wife has an SUV that we would use to go to the Faire.[/quote]
I think the new Mustang GT's are pretty sweet looking cars, and they're the most powerful version yet of the newer generation of Mustangs.
Still, some part of me just hates them, and I don't know why.
I guess it's because so many of them that I see have an asshole behind the wheel.
Maybe you could buck that trend.... :thumbsup:

Okay i have a question about my truck since this a car thread and i don't know squat about cars...
Okay I've wrecked my truck and the front end is in pretty bad shape, but all the sudden when i drive it sounds like someones beating my truck with a softball bat. Its a loud hammering sound. The check engine isnt on, and it runs about as good as a 4 cyllinder Chevy S-10 could possibly run, with 140,000 miles. So i don't what's wrong with it, all my guys friends say "i'll look at it", but if its serious, i don't want them fucking up my truck.

[quote name='OG_OklahomaGirl_OG' post='495701' date='Jun 5 2007, 10:38 AM']Okay i have a question about my truck since this a car thread and i don't know squat about cars...
Okay I've wrecked my truck and the front end is in pretty bad shape, but all the sudden when i drive it sounds like someones beating my truck with a softball bat. Its a loud hammering sound. [b]The check engine isnt on[/b], and it runs about as good as a 4 cyllinder Chevy S-10 could possibly run, with 140,000 miles. So i don't what's wrong with it, all my guys friends say "i'll look at it", but if its serious, i don't want them fucking up my truck.[/quote]

Just a general tip. Don't wait for one of your "idiot lights" to come on before you have a vehicle looked at. If you are hearing a sound like that, something is most likely wrong. Where is the sound coming from?

[quote name='Jason' post='495726' date='Jun 5 2007, 11:06 AM']Just a general tip. Don't wait for one of your "idiot lights" to come on before you have a vehicle looked at. If you are hearing a sound like that, something is most likely wrong. Where is the sound coming from?[/quote]

Umm seriously like i don't know if i had to guess i would say the front?

[quote name='OG_OklahomaGirl_OG' post='495729' date='Jun 5 2007, 11:08 AM']Umm seriously like i don't know if i had to guess i would say the front?[/quote]

Is it constant when the car is running?
Constant while moving?
Sporadic?

[quote name='OG_OklahomaGirl_OG' post='495759' date='Jun 5 2007, 11:33 AM']pretty much constant while accelerating...it sometimes doesn't do it when im going slower.[/quote]
It could be bent axle, etc. and gets louder as the wheel hits the pavement awkward faster and faster or getting quieter as it is doing the same just slowing down. If it sounds like it is in the engine compartment sounds a lot like lifter noise but that wouldn't usually start because of a crash (assuming of course nothing around the engine was damaged...). If it is just bent sheet metal, etc. it is probably more likely something along the lines of a bent axle, damaged exhaust, etc. Would do yourself a favor and have it looked at by someone who knows what the hell they're doing though!!!

[quote name='Vol_Bengal' post='495978' date='Jun 5 2007, 04:23 PM']It could be bent axle, etc. and gets louder as the wheel hits the pavement awkward faster and faster or getting quieter as it is doing the same just slowing down. If it sounds like it is in the engine compartment sounds a lot like lifter noise but that wouldn't usually start because of a crash (assuming of course nothing around the engine was damaged...). If it is just bent sheet metal, etc. it is probably more likely something along the lines of a bent axle, damaged exhaust, etc. Would do yourself a favor and have it looked at by someone who knows what the hell they're doing though!!![/quote]

My dad thinks it's a lose bolt on the exhaust manifold...
But i don't know what that is.
All i know is it sounds stupid.

[quote name='BengalsOwn' post='495636' date='Jun 5 2007, 01:47 AM']He's not talking about buying a rusted out 1988 Mustang GT putting an exhaust on it.

[b]And besides, for speed down a 1/4 mile track, nothing really beats a Mustang[/b].

[b]Mustangs are pretty simple cars, therefore they are reliable.[/b] I've had a few different Japanese cars, and they have all been completely unreliable. And I haven't heard very many good things about BMW's reliability.

All I have to say is stay away from Mitsubishi.[/quote]

BMW's are trash, but thats about the only thing you said there th didnt stink of franklin hillbilly...

for fucks sake i started laughing out loud. you redneck bastard.

[img]http://marinecorpsmoms.com/new_images/mustang.jpg[/img]

just got my car from the shop, i had it painted to gray it used to be green. and put some 22's on it :) i love it.
it's all the work im doing. im considering tinting my windows though.

[img]http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y277/nammari/000_0752.jpg[/img]

[img]http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y277/nammari/000_0755.jpg[/img]

[img]http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y277/nammari/000_0754.jpg[/img]

[quote name='Rumble in the Jungle' post='496396' date='Jun 6 2007, 12:53 PM']just got my car from the shop, i had it painted to gray it used to be green. and put some 22's on it :) i love it.

[img]http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y277/nammari/000_0754.jpg[/img][/quote]

[img]http://www.blackfilm.com/0111/nextfriday/1friday2.jpg[/img]

[b]Dont lie them is 10's, but you keep 'em clean.[/b]

[quote name='Rumble in the Jungle' post='496396' date='Jun 6 2007, 12:53 PM']just got my car from the shop, i had it painted to gray and put some 22's on it :) i love it.

[img]http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y277/nammari/000_0754.jpg[/img][/quote]

Cute.
I WANT A DODGE NITRO SO BAD!
[img]http://i18.tinypic.com/61nrm7p.jpg[/img]

[quote name='Jamie_B' post='496406' date='Jun 6 2007, 01:10 PM']tought so[/quote]

When you live in south Florida, from late November until early April is PERFECT convertible weather.

[quote name='Jason' post='496408' date='Jun 6 2007, 01:14 PM']When you live in south Florida, from late November until early April is PERFECT convertible weather.[/quote]

yeah i get it from late april early may, depending on when the rain stops, to late aug usually

Archived