Anyone wanna defend this team anymore?

[quote name='Bengals1181' post='586103' date='Nov 4 2007, 08:51 PM']the michael turner idea is still a silly one, especially when that money (which would be a lot) could be used on the defense.

IMO, trade/cut Rudi, sign Julius Jones (a younger, faster Rudi), keep Watson, and Kenny Irons, and Dorsey (yes, 4 RB's). Try and get what you can for Chris Perry (unless he proves worth keeping this season).[/quote]

I honestly don't see Perry playing a down this season.

[quote name='Jungle1' post='586108' date='Nov 5 2007, 01:58 AM']I will give you that, but it was one game, that is all. I need more than week one of the season to be convinced. Look at the Browns from week one to now......

PS...I need laughs and more alcohol!! :D[/quote]
My local pub is closed... so I'm now left with nothing but vodka...

[quote name='Jason' post='586110' date='Nov 5 2007, 01:59 AM']Not really. The Ravens ran for over 100 yards, and 4.3 a carry. The only reason they didn't have more is Billick was an idiot.[/quote]
Watch the game. Compare ypc when Brooks is in and out of the lineup. Here's a hint. I haven't been touting him because I'm a fucking koolaid drinker. The kid is/was stout against the run. As well as our best LB pass rusher...

[quote name='rudi32' post='585505' date='Nov 4 2007, 02:52 PM']dont throw it out there

go
old
jamie

theres ur top 3 that will be saying....

its the injuries its the..blah blah

dont give them the chance, cause they will always come up with excuses

:rolleyes:[/quote]

How did I miss this gem earlier ?

You know what ? I`m really sick of trying to find any and all
good in this team, only to have a bunch of motherfuckers
call me names all the time or act like all I do is "make excuses".

An excuse is someone telling you something, and you forgiving it.
It`s also a reason why things are the way they are. That`s the
"excuse" that I always use. Go ahead and fucking tell yourself
that players that weren`t on the team, should perform like a
fucking Pro Bowler. Go ahead and tell yourself that back-ups,
should perform better than the starters they`re replacing.

You motherfuckers want to sit around and be all doom and
fucking gloom ? You want to fire all the coaches, cut all the
Defensive players ? And in the same fucking breath have
the fucking audacity to call yourself a fucking realist, while
calling others derogatory names, or discrediting them ?

Without "Excuse makers" like me here. This place
would be nothing but a big old circle jerk full of whoa
is me pitiful fuckers.

Fuck you. I am who I am. I`m not fucking blind.
I see flaws in this team. But they`re not anywhere
close to a 90`s team. They`re not the "Bung1es".
They`re missing a lot of high round draft picks that
they were counting on to rebuild and/or enhance.
I or anyone else shouldn`t have to tell motherfuckers
here that everyday for them to fucking realize it.

There is still half a season to go. You motherfuckers
give up. Go do whatever. I`m going to support this
team like they`re undefeated. It`s easier than fuck
to root for a winner. Anyone can do that. It takes
a different kind of fan to continue to root for a team that`s
struggling. Well, that`s me. The excuse maker.

[quote name='Jamie_B' post='585898' date='Nov 4 2007, 05:54 PM']Yeah Schlegal and Jones, neither would be playing anywhere else except here.

To be completely honest, Im just laughing at all you "realists" right now. Your just NOW noticing things are bad? Your just NOW noticing we have alot of work to do?

[img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons//24.gif[/img]:rofl:[img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons//24.gif[/img]:rofl:[img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons//24.gif[/img]:rofl:

No Really,

[img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons//24.gif[/img]:rofl:[img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons//24.gif[/img]:rofl:[img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons//24.gif[/img]:rofl:[/quote]

jamie, I wasnt picking on u, and no I dont want to be on ur bad side, so I appologize if i made u mad.

I made that post and put u in it because for weeks now (go check the post) I have said we would lose this game and that game etc almost every week. I was shit upon by almost everyone here. I saw what most didnt want to see.

I put u in there because u r mostly positive, and I am mostly negative. It is a good thing u see things positive, I though like to see things negatively, it makes me work harder in my life ( kinda a me against the worl thing).

So again I appologize, putting u in the top 3 that will always defend the team isnt BAD, its just what u do. I respect that ,...I dont agree, But I truely do respect that from u. I like the discourse we have and hope u get where I am coming from.

-_-

[quote name='Jamie_B' post='586072' date='Nov 4 2007, 08:27 PM']When have they ever had swagger on D? Even when we made the playoffs the D was bad, we just all had hope because we had 2 LBs that were rookies and up and coming, their play gave us promise. Anyone who is honest with themselves could see both Pollack and Thurman were going to help the D. We lost both and have lost that hope.

Im frustrated by it all too, but Im at least trying to make some sence of it all rather than the "OMG WTF WE SUXS!!!"[/quote]

The only thing that saved that playoff D was turnovers.

[quote name='oldschooler' post='586158' date='Nov 4 2007, 09:49 PM']How did I miss this gem earlier ?

You know what ? I`m really sick of trying to find any and all
good in this team, only to have a bunch of motherfuckers
call me names all the time or act like all I do is "make excuses".

An excuse is someone telling you something, and you forgiving it.
It`s also a reason why things are the way they are. That`s the
"excuse" that I always use. Go ahead and fucking tell yourself
that players that weren`t on the team, should perform like a
fucking Pro Bowler. Go ahead and tell yourself that back-ups,
should perform better than the starters they`re replacing.

You motherfuckers want to sit around and be all doom and
fucking gloom ? You want to fire all the coaches, cut all the
Defensive players ? And in the same fucking breath have
the fucking audacity to call yourself a fucking realist, while
calling others derogatory names, or discrediting them ?

Without "Excuse makers" like me here. This place
would be nothing but a big old circle jerk full of whoa
is me pitiful fuckers.

Fuck you. I am who I am. I`m not fucking blind.
I see flaws in this team. But they`re not anywhere
close to a 90`s team. They`re not the "Bung1es".
They`re missing a lot of high round draft picks that
they were counting on to rebuild and/or enhance.
I or anyone else shouldn`t have to tell motherfuckers
here that everyday for them to fucking realize it.

There is still half a season to go. You motherfuckers
give up. Go do whatever. I`m going to support this
team like they`re undefeated. It`s easier than fuck
to root for a winner. Anyone can do that. It takes
a different kind of fan to continue to root for a team that`s
struggling. Well, that`s me. The excuse maker.[/quote]

:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

[quote name='rudi32' post='586203' date='Nov 4 2007, 10:32 PM']jamie, I wasnt picking on u, and no I dont want to be on ur bad side, so I appologize if i made u mad.

I made that post and put u in it because for weeks now (go check the post) I have said we would lose this game and that game etc almost every week. I was shit upon by almost everyone here. I saw what most didnt want to see.

I put u in there because u r mostly positive, and I am mostly negative. It is a good thing u see things positive, I though like to see things negatively, it makes me work harder in my life ( kinda a me against the worl thing).

So again I appologize, putting u in the top 3 that will always defend the team isnt BAD, its just what u do. I respect that ,...I dont agree, But I truely do respect that from u. I like the discourse we have and hope u get where I am coming from.

-_-[/quote]

Bro, I said nothing to anyone in any thread about this untill you decided you wanted to call me out. For what? I see what the issues are Im just not wanting to throw the baby out with the bathwater (fire marvin) because I do see what the real issues are. Old said it best, you folks that call yourself "realists" simply cant face the reality that guys off the street are not going to ever replace starters, and that there wasnt a whole lot in FA this year that made sence both from a team stand point and a salary cap one. I dont care if you had the love child of Vince Lombardi and Paul Brown coaching this team, the results would not be all that different.

Archived