911 call: TX man shoots robbers with shotgun

Agent Orange

Don't know how to link to the actual video but it's on 700 wlw's website here:
[url="http://www.700wlw.com/cc-common/news/sections/"]http://www.700wlw.com/cc-common/news/sections/[/url]
video titled: 911 Call: TX man shoots robbers

The guy is intent on shooting these guys when they come out the house. 911 Operator pleads with him to just wait for the cops to come. When the robbers come out of the house, the old man goes outside, shotgun in hand and before he is able to shoot one of them says "you're dead!" then shoots 3 or 4 times..oh the insanity..

Yep... that's about 20 minutes from my house.

I can't say I agree with what he did... but I also can't say I'm sorry a couple of thieves are dead. Maybe if they made the punishment for committing crimes a little more severe (i.e. a significant deterrant), people might not be so inclined to commit them. Then people might not be so willing to take the law into their own hands.

Just a little Cat philosophy... :)

They discussed this on CNN a week ago and talked about a new law in Texas which allows immunity to anyone who kills in self defense no matter what (or something to that effect not 100% sure). So they say that its not surprising that the man could have "misunderstood" the law. Still, it bothers me to think that someone would shoot people over stealing objects. If you see someone robbing your neighbors house you look, call the police, and get a description of the perps and their get away car. You do not take out your rifle and fire off shots and kill them. What if they were 17 yr old first time offenders whom were poor and needed food?

How about getting out of your house and beating the crap out of them? You know if people just beat eachother up a lot more people would be alive. No, we get out our rifles and blast away because obviously thats the only option.

[quote name='ScarletKnight' post='600074' date='Nov 26 2007, 11:37 PM']They discussed this on CNN a week ago and talked about a new law in Texas which allows immunity to anyone who kills in self defense no matter what (or something to that effect not 100% sure). So they say that its not surprising that the man could have "misunderstood" the law. Still, it bothers me to think that someone would shoot people over stealing objects. If you see someone robbing your neighbors house you look, call the police, and get a description of the perps and their get away car. You do not take out your rifle and fire off shots and kill them. [b]What if they were 17 yr old first time offenders whom were poor and needed food? [/b]

How about getting out of your house and beating the crap out of them? You know if people just beat eachother up a lot more people would be alive. No, we get out our rifles and blast away because obviously thats the only option.[/quote]
then i guess you would solve their problems.

if someone is robbing my house and im there and i have a gun. i will be takin face like its Call of Duty.

[quote name='ThurmanMunster' post='600076' date='Nov 26 2007, 11:39 PM']then i guess you would solve their problems.

if someone is robbing my house and im there and i have a gun. i will be taken face like its Call of Duty.[/quote]

Yeah, im glad you line up real life with a video game. Just remeber to grab the rifle and not the x-box controller...pressing those buttons won't do it.

This wasn't the guys house, it was his neighbors house....there is a difference.

Hey when my grandfather was about 65 someone tried to rob his house and he chased them out with a baseball bat, there ARE alternatives to killing people.

[quote name='ScarletKnight' post='600081' date='Nov 26 2007, 11:43 PM']Yeah, im glad you line up real life with a video game. Just remeber to grab the rifle and not the x-box controller...pressing those buttons won't do it.

This wasn't the guys house, it was his neighbors house....there is a difference.

Hey when my grandfather was about 65 someone tried to rob his house and he chased them out with a baseball bat, there ARE alternatives to killing people.[/quote]
and sean taylor today had his house being robbed and he got shot and might die. ill shoot them before they have a chance to shoot me.

[quote name='ThurmanMunster' post='600084' date='Nov 26 2007, 11:44 PM']and sean taylor today had his house being robbed and he got shot and might die. ill shoot them before they have a chance to shoot me.[/quote]

OK THATS WONDERFUL.....but don't you see the difference between your own house and a neighbors?

You don't have to be a wise ass all the time

[quote name='ScarletKnight' post='600081' date='Nov 26 2007, 11:43 PM']Hey when my grandfather was about 65 someone tried to rob his house and he chased them out with a baseball bat, there ARE alternatives to killing people.[/quote]

Shooting them guarantees they wont come to that house again, or YOUR house or ANYbody elses house.
Beating them with a bat gets them pissed enough to come back to see YOU again, with something besides a bat, im sure.

[quote name='Dan_Bengals_NJ' post='600085' date='Nov 26 2007, 11:45 PM']Jesus people are crazy.

Well if you want to [b]get the world population down[/b], just keep up with laws such as this.[/quote]
that isnt necessarily a bad thing. we then wont have to worry about being taxed more to fix overcrowding in jails.

[quote name='ScarletKnight' post='600087' date='Nov 26 2007, 11:47 PM']OK THATS WONDERFUL.....but don't you see the difference between your own house and a neighbors?

You don't have to be a wise ass all the time[/quote]
if they get my neighbors house whats to say they wont come back to get the next house on the street? plus i would protect my neighbors. our neighbors have protected us.

[quote name='ScarletKnight' post='600092' date='Nov 26 2007, 11:51 PM']Well when your cousin, uncle, aunt, brother, sister, daughter, son, decides to steal from a house for some stupid reason and gets killed im sure you will all be hoooting about how it was deserved and how they are pieces of shit criminals.

Not everyone is some hardened nasty blood thirsty murdering nutcase.[/quote]
if someone in my family does it, then i dont consider them family anymore.

Ok Mr. Self Righteous.

There are people who don't steal who are still useless parts of society, what should we do with them? By the way what is being usefull in society? What is your definition of contribution?

There are people who steal to survive, you know take food from the grocery store because they need to feed their children because people like yourself only want to feed their own fat mouths and pockets and shoot everyone else whom the consider "not worthy."

[quote name='ScarletKnight' post='600074' date='Nov 27 2007, 01:37 PM']They discussed this on CNN a week ago and talked about a new law in Texas which allows immunity to anyone who kills in self defense no matter what (or something to that effect not 100% sure). So they say that its not surprising that the man could have "misunderstood" the law. Still, it bothers me to think that someone would shoot people over stealing objects. If you see someone robbing your neighbors house you look, call the police, and get a description of the perps and their get away car. You do not take out your rifle and fire off shots and kill them. What if they were 17 yr old first time offenders whom were poor and needed food?

How about getting out of your house and beating the crap out of them? You know if people just beat eachother up a lot more people would be alive. No, we get out our rifles and blast away because obviously thats the only option.[/quote]

You and I are in agreement on this one. I may have a little different view because I feel that they need to be stopped and not just reported on, but killing isn't the answer. There are other ways. Then again, if you confront them and they have weapons you may not have any other choice. I mean, it may not be your house but it is your neighborhood and you could be their next target. Don't agree with the "Shoot first and ask questions later" mentality though.
MULLY
I'd stand on my porch naked and scare them out of crime

[quote name='Fulcher_33' post='600109' date='Nov 27 2007, 12:07 AM']You and I are in agreement on this one. I may have a little different view because I feel that they need to be stopped and not just reported on, but killing isn't the answer. There are other ways. Then again, if you confront them and they have weapons you may not have any other choice. I mean, it may not be your house but it is your neighborhood and you could be their next target. Don't agree with the "Shoot first and ask questions later" mentality though.
MULLY
I'd stand on my porch naked and scare them out of crime[/quote]

[img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/24.gif[/img] [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/24.gif[/img] [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/24.gif[/img] [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/24.gif[/img]

[quote name='ScarletKnight' post='600107' date='Nov 27 2007, 12:05 AM']Ok Mr. Self Righteous.

There are people who don't steal who are still useless parts of society, what should we do with them? By the way what is being usefull in society? What is your definition of contribution?

There are people who steal to survive, you know take food from the grocery store because they need to feed their children because people like yourself only want to feed their own fat mouths and pockets and [b]shoot everyone else whom the consider "not worthy."[/b][/quote]
i didnt shoot people who were not worthy. i said people who are trying to take from others. the guy that shot sean taylor today should be shot. those two people stealing from that house deserved to be shot. if you came to my house and tried to steal something, then you would deserve to be shot. if i came to your house and stole something then i deserve to be shot.

[quote name='Fulcher_33' post='600109' date='Nov 27 2007, 12:07 AM']You and I are in agreement on this one. I may have a little different view because I feel that they need to be stopped and not just reported on, but killing isn't the answer. There are other ways. Then again, if you confront them and they have weapons you may not have any other choice. I mean, it may not be your house but it is your neighborhood and you could be their next target. Don't agree with the "Shoot first and ask questions later" mentality though.
MULLY
[b]I'd stand on my porch naked[/b] and scare them out of crime[/quote]
and in a different approach.....you would still kill them.

Archived