911 call: TX man shoots robbers with shotgun

Agent Orange

[quote name='ThurmanMunster' post='601923' date='Dec 1 2007, 02:57 AM']i hope you are joking. that shit is garbage. the group is Kill Allen Wrench and the song is Dial Satan. they are fuckin fags.[/quote]

lol

i am

cant u tell

lmao

this thread is worse that

to kill a bengals thread

lol

i am glad to be a part of it

:lol:

[quote name='rudi32' post='601925' date='Dec 1 2007, 03:01 AM']please fucking show me how to add you tube videos...

although u may get blamed for showing me...lol[/quote]

if the address is [url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Df2vkOd2j7Y"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Df2vkOd2j7Y[/url]

you take everything after the = sign, so Df2vkOd2j7Y

and you quote that phrase. then you change the words quote to youtube on each end and leave the / and it will post it.

now take me for a ride around in the police car! i dont want to have to shoplift to get a free ride.

[quote name='LoyalFanInGA v2.0' post='601892' date='Dec 1 2007, 01:38 AM']You can't be this niave.

Remember that stuff you quoted about dopamine from the [url="http://www.nature.com/bjp/journal/v143/n2/full/0705931a.html"]British Journal of Pharmacology[/url]?

If you had read the abstract of that article you might have noticed this conclusion, "THC alters the activity of these central reward pathways [of the brain] in a manner that is consistent with other abused drugs."

I normally don't read The Lancet, but I do read literature from:

[url="http://www.ama-assn.org/ama/pub/category/13625.html"]The American Medical Association[/url]

[url="http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/marijuana.html"]The National Institute of Health[/url]

[url="http://www.fda.gov/bbs/topics/NEWS/2006/NEW01362.html"]The Food and Drug Administration[/url][/quote]

Like I said, the government hasn't allowed for real testing for the effects of marijuana on people, so all these studies are on monkeys or come up with results in roundabout ways, so I don't respect the conclusions at all. If you think marijuana inhibits brain function in even close to the same manner that alcohol does, then you obviously haven't consumed one of them.

[quote name='CTBengalsFan' post='601948' date='Dec 1 2007, 08:23 AM']Like I said, the government hasn't allowed for real testing for the effects of marijuana on people, so all these studies are on monkeys or come up with results in roundabout ways, so I don't respect the conclusions at all. [b]If you think marijuana inhibits brain function in even close to the same manner that alcohol does, then you obviously haven't consumed one of them[/b].[/quote]
:lol: :lol: :lol:

now you are an idiot. you are going to argue with someone actually in the medical field about not knowing what they are talking about? the united states isnt the only place that does testing. other places in the world have done studies regarding marijuana use. it is COMMON SENSE. maybe if you didnt smoke so much weed you would be able to comprehend ;)

[quote name='CTBengalsFan' post='601948' date='Dec 1 2007, 08:23 AM']Like I said, the government hasn't allowed for real testing for the effects of marijuana on people, so [b]all these studies are on monkeys[/b] or come up with results in roundabout ways, so I don't respect the conclusions at all. If you think marijuana inhibits brain function in even close to the same manner that alcohol does, then you obviously haven't consumed one of them.[/quote]
You obviously didn't read the information from the AMA which included studies of human volunteers.

You could have at least bothered yourself to read the information if you so interested in what other people think.

I never wrote marijuana inhibits brain function in the same manner as alcohol. Molecular biology and biochemistry are much more complicated than that...and I got an B+. I got an A in human anatomy and physiology, too.

Lastly, I've been to college, too. I know why people drive 20 mph and feel like they're driving 35 mph.

There is nothing so special as a closed mind. :P

[quote name='LoyalFanInGA v2.0' post='602080' date='Dec 1 2007, 03:08 PM']You obviously didn't read the information from the AMA which included studies of human volunteers.

You could have at least bothered yourself to read the information if you so interested in what other people think.

I never wrote marijuana inhibits brain function in the same manner as alcohol. Molecular biology and biochemistry are much more complicated than that...and I got an B+. I got an A in human anatomy and physiology, too.

Lastly, I've been to college, too. I know why people drive 20 mph and feel like they're driving 35 mph.

There is nothing so special as a closed mind. :P[/quote]

Hey LoyalFan, how the hell are you?

Arguing with our resident "Cheech & Chong" wannabe's is fun at first... but then it get's tiresome.
Using logic, facts, and real world occurrences is futile with both of them. Reminds me of the saying "Throwing pearls before swine"...

A closed mind due to bad experiences is one thing, a mind welded shut by chosen ignorance is another.

Marijuana is not the Devil's Weed as depicted in Reefer Madness. That's a hilarious movie. Even more hilarious is the type of thinking which lead to its production and distribution.

Conversely, it is equally asinine to suggest marijuana doesn't inhibit brain function or cause any adverse health effects.

Drawing a scientific conclusion about marijuana isn't rendered invalid if the scientist never consumed marijuana.

Do I need to start mainlining heroin to know it is more intoxicating than alcohol?

I'm still interested in the amount of CT's monthly health insurance premium he says he pays and how much it has increased during the past year due to obesity?

I'll be back after I check my transcripts to see my grades for pharmacology I, II, and III.

[quote name='LoyalFanInGA v2.0' post='602088' date='Dec 1 2007, 03:45 PM']Marijuana is not the Devil's Weed as depicted in Reefer Madness. That's a hilarious movie. Even more hilarious is the type of thinking which lead to its production and distribution.

Conversely, it is equally asinine to suggest marijuana doesn't inhibit brain function or cause any adverse health effects.

Drawing a scientific conclusion about marijuana isn't rendered invalid if the scientist never consumed marijuana.
[b]
Do I need to start mainlining heroin to know it is more intoxicating than alcohol?

I'm still interested in the amount of CT's monthly health insurance premium he says he pays and how much it has increased during the past year due to obesity?

I'll be back after I check my transcripts to see my grades for pharmacology I, II, and III.[/b][/quote]
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I am not arguing one way or another on the subject. However, I am skeptical of scientific testing when scientists today can say that there is no global warming and they have "evidence as such." When the goverment (cough cough conservatives) want you to believe some stupid crap they will pay scientists to do "scientific tests" to prove something they want to be true.

For every scientific test that proves something is healthy for you theres another that says its not.

I'd like to draw attention to the fact that everything isn't so black and white, even when we talk in terms of "scientific, proven fact."

[quote name='LoyalFanInGA v2.0' post='602080' date='Dec 1 2007, 03:08 PM']You obviously didn't read the information from the AMA which included studies of human volunteers.

You could have at least bothered yourself to read the information if you so interested in what other people think.[/quote]

They don't do controlled studies on marijuana use, bottom line. The government does not give out marijuana for scientific research, this is a fact, this cannot be debated. All they can use is volunteers who state their drug use history or monkeys.

[quote]I never wrote marijuana inhibits brain function in the same manner as alcohol. Molecular biology and biochemistry are much more complicated than that...and I got an B+. I got an A in human anatomy and physiology, too.[/quote]

Right and if you want to quote me I said "in even close to the same manner." But I guess that's just semantics...

[quote]Lastly, I've been to college, too. I know why people drive 20 mph and feel like they're driving 35 mph.

There is nothing so special as a closed mind. :P[/quote]

Never claimed it was special, just not "criminal" or socially dangerous.

[quote name='LoyalFanInGA v2.0' post='602088' date='Dec 1 2007, 03:45 PM']Marijuana is not the Devil's Weed as depicted in Reefer Madness. That's a hilarious movie. Even more hilarious is the type of thinking which lead to its production and distribution.[/quote]

Agreed!

[quote]Conversely, it is equally asinine to suggest marijuana doesn't inhibit brain function or cause any adverse health effects.[/quote]

Wouldn't say it's equally as asinine as the movie Reefer Madness, but again, just semantics there. As for adverse health effects... there are no controlled studies of long term users of [b]marijuana only[/b]. Health effects, sure, [i]adverse[/i], I question that.

[quote]Drawing a scientific conclusion about marijuana isn't rendered invalid if the scientist never consumed marijuana.[/quote]

As long as the results are scientific...

[quote]Do I need to start mainlining heroin to know it is more intoxicating than alcohol?[/quote]

Yes... you would to make that claim. Because alcohol is more intoxicating, and this is a claim that is not "scientific" at all.

[quote]I'm still interested in the amount of CT's monthly health insurance premium he says he pays and how much it has increased during the past year due to obesity?[/quote]

Do you think chronic obesity has no effect on health insurance rates?

[quote]I'll be back after I check my transcripts to see my grades for pharmacology I, II, and III.[/quote]

kewl dewd!

[quote name='USNBENGAL the Original' post='602081' date='Dec 1 2007, 03:19 PM']Hey LoyalFan, how the hell are you?

Arguing with our resident "Cheech & Chong" wannabe's is fun at first... but then it get's tiresome.
Using logic, facts, and real world occurrences is futile with both of them. Reminds me of the saying "Throwing pearls before swine"...

A closed mind due to bad experiences is one thing, a mind welded shut by chosen ignorance is another.[/quote]

USN. In all of your posts, I have gone point to point, using my own logic, facts, and real world occurrences to respond to all of your claims. I've noticed you've left most of these posts untouched, but please, I implore you, do as I do. Take apart my posts point by point. Show this stupid pothead just how clueless he really is.

Of course, I happen to be actually interested in debating. You're interested in telling me how I'm wrong and how morally superior you are to me.

[quote name='ScarletKnight' post='602164' date='Dec 1 2007, 08:25 PM']I am not arguing one way or another on the subject. However, I am skeptical of scientific testing when scientists today can say that there is no global warming and they have "evidence as such." When the goverment (cough cough conservatives) want you to believe some stupid crap they will pay scientists to do "scientific tests" to prove something they want to be true.

For every scientific test that proves something is healthy for you theres another that says its not.

I'd like to draw attention to the fact that everything isn't so black and white, even when we talk in terms of "scientific, proven fact."[/quote]
If I told you a weather report for 2 months from now you would call me crazy.

If I told you a weather report for 200 years from now you would call me a climatologist.

I think John Grisham said that...not sure, though.

Things aren't black and white in science and particularly in medicine. Especially when pharmaceutical companies conduct drug trials and publish the data. You have to consider the source as well as the method of the investigation, also who is delivering the data and why (to improve patient care or sell the latest and most expensive product.)

There is a lot of bad science or advertisements disguised as science to confuse us.

Example: Mucinex. Their ads imply it will help with sinus congestion. Many people think it is a decongestant. It won't and it isn't. It won't suppress your cough, either. It helps loosen mucous in your lung so you can cough up those lung cookies. But, if you're coughing up lung cookies your body is already doing what it is supposed to do without taking a pill to aid what it is already doing.

At the conclusion of almost all the articles dealing with medical marijuana they recommend further studies as more information is needed.

[quote name='CTBengalsFan' post='602207' date='Dec 1 2007, 10:28 PM']They don't do controlled studies on marijuana use, bottom line. The government does not give out marijuana for scientific research, [b]this is a fact, this cannot be debated.[/b] All they can use is volunteers who state their drug use history or monkeys..[/quote]

[url="http://www.ama-assn.org/ama/pub/category/13625.html"]AMA report[/url]

[quote]Featured Report: Medical Marijuana (A-01) Full Text

[b]State initiatives concerning medical marijuana[/b]

For therapeutic research programs, states could dispense marijuana or other Schedule I drugs only by establishing formal research programs and obtaining Food and Drug Administration (FDA) approval for an Investigational New Drug (IND) application. In the case of INDs for marijuana, [color="#FF0000"]the marijuana was provided by the National Institute on Drug Abuse (NIDA) [/color]

[b]Current Regulations and Efforts to Support Research on Medical Marijuana[/b]

researchers who propose to conduct investigations [color="#FF0000"]in humans[/color] must fulfill the FDA’s IND requirements and obtain a valid registration from the DEA for research with Schedule I drugs

In another effort to promote research on medical marijuana, [color="#FF0000"]California’s State Assembly appropriated $3 million to establish a university-based Center for Medicinal Cannabis Research, to be administered jointly by the University of California’s San Diego and San Francisco campuses. The legislation calls for a 3-year program overseeing objective, high-quality medical research. Any research institution in California can apply for funds, to be awarded in support of studies that focus on the diseases and conditions previously identified by the NIH and IOM as warranting further study.4,10 The cannabis to be used in such studies will be obtained from NIDA in accordance with the procedures outlined above.[/color]

[b]Major Proposed Medical Uses of Marijuana[/b]

Most preclinical and [color="#FF0000"]human studies[/color] support the concept that THC accounts for the psychoactive effects ("high") of smoked marijuana
For some proposed uses, [color="#FF0000"]human data[/color] are derived principally from open, uncontrolled studies and case reports

[b]HIV-Wasting[/b]

Dronabinol ([color="#FF0000"]THC[/color], Marinol® ) is [color="#FF0000"]FDA-approved[/color] for the treatment of anorexia associated with weight loss in patients with AIDS. In short-term trials, dronabinol stimulates appetite and decreases nausea, but its use is associated with only minimal weight gain.23,67,68 However, [color="#FF0000"]a long-term open-label extension of the multicenter trial that served as the basis for FDA approval showed that patients[/color] achieved stable body weight for at least 7 months.69
In a [color="#FF0000"]prospective, randomized, placebo-controlled safety study reported recently, adult inpatients[/color] with a stable viral load on a stable antiviral regimen [color="#FF0000"]received marijuana cigarettes (3.95% THC), dronabinol (2.5 mg), or placebo 3 times daily for 3 weeks [/color][/quote]

You can listen to Jimi, but you can't hear Jimi. You can't understand if you don't read the information. If you would take the time to educate yourself instead of making not only debatable, but unequivocally refutable statements then I wouldn't have to copy and paste for your benefit.

I'm not even through 1/4th of the article and already my fingers hurt from proving you wrong.

If only I had something for this damn arthritis pain.

Marijuana has adverse health effects just like tobacco and alcohol. It has some medically beneficial effects, also.

The powers that be have made tobacco and alcohol legal; marijuana illegal. I'm not debating that issue.

I'm debating, 'marijuana has no adverse effects' and 'marijuana doesn't inhibit brain function.'

When I wrote, 'You can't be this naive," it was because I thought you couldn't possibly believe that and were playing Devil's Advocate. You're doing an excellent job of proving me wrong and that you really are that naive. Congratulations.

[img]http://sidesalad.net/archives/JohnVernon.jpg[/img]

Dean Wormer once told me, "Fat, stoned, and stupid is no way to go through life, son."

[quote name='LoyalFanInGA v2.0' post='602088' date='Dec 1 2007, 03:45 PM']Do I need to start mainlining heroin to know it is more intoxicating than alcohol?[/quote]
[quote name='CTBengalsFan' post='602208' date='Dec 1 2007, 10:32 PM']Yes... you would to make that claim. Because alcohol is more intoxicating, and this is a claim that is not "scientific" at all.[/quote]
Do you and I need to travel to the sun and watch all the planets in orbit around it in order to say it is the center of our solar system?

Is it not possible to rate the relative effects of darvocet vs. vicodin vs. percocet vs. demerol vs. morphine vs. heroin vs. alcohol?

How much heroin does the average user inject into their vein? Five to 8mg for beginners according to the American Academy of Pediatrics. If you inject 5mg of heroin in subject A and 5mg of Budweiser into subject B, who do you think will exhibit signs of acute intoxication? According to you, alcohol is the most intoxicating of drugs so the Budweiser subject should demonstrate signs of intoxication more so than the heroin subject. Yes?

[quote name='CTBengalsFan' post='602208' date='Dec 1 2007, 10:32 PM']Do you think chronic obesity has no effect on health insurance rates?[/quote]
I think obesity, whether chronic or acute (Whoa, I woke up this morning and somehow gained 20lbs overnight), has a profound effect on health insurance rates.

However, I don't think obesity has effected the insurance premium you [i]claim to pay.[/i]

I saw a peanut stand, heard a rubber band, I saw a needle that winked its eye.
But I'd be done see'n about everything when I see [s]an elephant fly[/s] a college student pay his own health insurance premium.

[quote name='ThurmanMunster' post='600076' date='Nov 26 2007, 11:39 PM']then i guess you would solve their problems.

if someone is robbing my house and im there and i have a gun. i will be takin face like its Call of Duty.[/quote]
yeah no doubt. but if it's the neighbors house you do what you're supposed to do and let the cops handle it.

Archived