911 call: TX man shoots robbers with shotgun

Agent Orange

[quote name='Lucid' post='601497' date='Nov 30 2007, 10:30 AM']Here's something to ponder for USN..

how much money do you think Al Qaeda has made off illicit drug sales in the US? Those guys (not al qaeda themselves) practically wrote the book on funding political/military movements with drugs.

Of course they are still doing it. It's practically in the handbook.. They see nothng wrong with gaining money for their jihad by poisoning infidels.

I think considering the large datapool that is human history, it's pretty safe to assume people are always going to want to get high.. And many will go to self destructive means to do so.. Simply wanting this to not be so isn't going to change human nature. I applaud you for your fortitude and discipline. Most others don't have it. It's part of who you are. And accepting people for what they are I think is part of life.

In my opinion, since I accept the incessant nature of the market and the vastness of it's economy, the real question is, where does the money go? By allowing the criminals to control it, we empower not only their reach and ability, but also their influnce.

The criminals will do nothing good with this money. It will only be used to further damage our society and it's people. Would it not make more sense to harness this economy for boon instead of bane?

The money could be used far more effectively educating, providing treatment and eliminating conditions which lead to drug abuse.

Isn't it worth a try? I think the point CT was originally making is that what we are doing now isn't working.[/quote]

I've heard this argument for over 30 years now, and the answer is STILL the same...
First off, promoting and legalizing a substance that is PROVEN HARMFUL is just plain ignorant, secondly... isn't it like the tobacco companies still making cigarettes but spending money to educate people about the ills of smoking?
Can you say hypocritical bullshit?

If the government allowed this to happen, where do you think the money will go?

Education?

Sorry, we all know where the money would go... to the people who will be manufacturing and packaging the "legal" marijuana... and to their workers in Mexico, India...etc.

Why you guys want to still argue about a CHILDISH pastime is beyond me. Sorry, I outgrew my childish behavior and quit smoking weed. It's illegal, it SHOULD be illegal, as should cigarettes and alcohol.

Growing up is easy, if you want to. I guess there are quite a few posters around here who don't want to.

[quote name='Lucid' post='601635' date='Nov 30 2007, 01:10 PM']Which is why your opinion on this matter is irrelevant.. That is most illogical thing I have ever read by you.

I won't insult you intelligence to try and explain why.. You already know, and if you don't it's a matter of choice.[/quote]

Okay Mr. Spock. Everyone's opinion on this is irrelevant. We're posting on a message board on the internet, and not even a political one.

[quote name='Actium' post='601638' date='Nov 30 2007, 02:15 PM']Big Macs are already poison.

And if you think health insurance costs would go down, you're fooling yourself. Do you know why health insurance is so high? Because the prices hospitals charge them. Do you know why hospitals charge so much? Because they know the insurance companies will pay. And who ultimately pays? Why, the consumer of course.[/quote]

Big Macs are already poison in the same way drugs are... so why not make them fatal in just the same pattern you suggested for drugs? Wouldn't society be better off without them?

Fat people have lots of health problems. More fat people equals more health problems. More health problems equals more demand for health care. More demand for health care means they can charge more for it. Simple economics.

HERE'S A GRAPH:
[img]http://img.sparknotes.com/figures/0/039bab1e6f1ef2a65b5f4c8ddc66073a/beanie.gif[/img]

[quote name='Lucid' post='601485' date='Nov 30 2007, 09:51 AM']Ohio has some of the friendlier marijuana laws in the US... Here if you posess under 100g (a little under 1/4 lb) it's a civil citation (less than a misdemeanor on par with a traffic ticket), it's a $100 fine which is payable out of court. Any more than that and it gets stiffer, but unlikely to be jail time unless you are selling.

Personally I believe use should be decriminilzed, and illegal sale still punished. I believe I should be able to grow and smoke my own without fear of harrassment provided I don't sell it or share it with minors.

Also, many of the same arguments against legalization were used to ban alcohol... They thought use and crime would decrease.. Once inacted however just the opposite occured. It became "cooler" to drink.. And underground "speak easy's" popped up all over the US. Not only did people not stop drinking, "binge" drinking increased. Since it was no longer as easy to do, people tended to OVERENDULGE much more when given the oppurtunity. Not only did people begin drinking more destructively, it caused the potency to increase while quality decreased (moonshine -- same thing happened with crack cocaine). Not only were people STILL drinking, AND drinking more dangerously, AND drinking more potent and unhealthy liquers, but the price shot through the roof which caused those who were addicted to turn to criminal activitied to support their habits.

Even more disturbing was the fact that since there was so much money to be made SOMEONE was going to make it.. The Mob was happy to step in. Not only did they make the money that eventually led to their rise to power, which led to more widespread crime and violence (mob wars etc). It also had the tragic affect of making everyone who wanted to go to a bar and have a drink criminals. Not only were they themselved breaking the law by drinking, but they were also brought into a world of crime at these "speak easys" where things like gambling prostitution and other drugs were also readily available. By taking what would have otherwise been normal productive citizens and inserting them into an atmosphere of crime, not only were the lives of those involved damaged needlessly, so too were countless innocents who became victimized by the spreading criminal element.

Thank god the government figured out that prohibition was a bad idea, and hopefully will do so again.[/quote]

You forgot to mention one of the most regrettable things to come out of Prohibition: NASCAR.

We must end prohibition of all drugs before more inane hobbies develop and take root! :ninja:

[quote name='B.A.B.' post='601602' date='Nov 30 2007, 01:26 PM']So because it's illegal its wrong? I find myself that the pros heavily outweigh the cons. If I get caught, the most I'll get is a fine, cause it's not like I'm pushing weight. I'm not gonna have any more than an eighth on me at anytime. The fact that its even illegal is stupid. So my response to that law is sparking up a blunt everynow and then .[/quote]

I'm really sorry to hear that B.A.B.

A much greater percentage of the population choose to grow up and respect and obey the laws... even if they don't agree with them. The laws are there for a reason, if you haven't figured that out yet then hopefully you will soon.

To make an immature decision at such a young age that will affect the rests of your life is extremely sad, and a waste of potential.
It's especially sad that your mother shirked her parental responsibilities and didn't tell your dad that you had been busted.
An ass kicking might have woke you the fuck up, and it sounds like it's just what you need.

I'm sure that you're not a bad person B.A.B., you probably are capable of great things... but the proof is there. You would be capable of even much better things if you didn't fuck up your brain with weed.

[quote name='CTBengalsFan' post='601644' date='Nov 30 2007, 01:19 PM']Big Macs are already poison in the same way drugs are... so why not make them fatal in just the same pattern you suggested for drugs? Wouldn't society be better off without them?

Fat people have lots of health problems. More fat people equals more health problems. More health problems equals more demand for health care. More demand for health care means they can charge more for it. Simple economics.

HERE'S A GRAPH:
[img]http://img.sparknotes.com/figures/0/039bab1e6f1ef2a65b5f4c8ddc66073a/beanie.gif[/img][/quote]

I already understand all about the health care scam. The problem with the fast-food industry vs. the drug industry is that if you try to eliminate fast food, reduce the number of fat people, etc., etc., it will probably do much more harm to the economy than would elimination of junkies.

[quote name='Actium' post='601643' date='Nov 30 2007, 02:17 PM']Okay Mr. Spock. Everyone's opinion on this is irrelevant. We're posting on a message board on the internet, and not even a political one.[/quote]

Seriously man...

Your suggestion isn't serious.. Not only wouldn't it work, but it would and should never happen.. Hell I think we should coat the pages of titty mags with the same substance, so all those dirty pervs will stop supporting the degraedation of women. Our society would be better off.

You know your suggestion isn't serious, so why pretend to be insulted when it is taken that way?

[quote name='Actium' post='601648' date='Nov 30 2007, 02:27 PM']I already understand all about the health care scam. The problem with the fast-food industry vs. the drug industry is that if you try to eliminate fast food, reduce the number of fat people, etc., etc., it will probably do much more harm to the economy than would elimination of junkies.[/quote]

So we should only marginalize people that aren't so well off economically? :huh:

[quote name='Lucid' post='601649' date='Nov 30 2007, 01:27 PM']Seriously man...

Your suggestion isn't serious.. Not only wouldn't it work, but it would and should never happen.. Hell I think we should coat the pages of titty mags with the same substance, so all those dirty pervs will stop supporting the degraedation of women. Our society would be better off.

You know your suggestion isn't serious, so why pretend to be insulted when it is taken that way?[/quote]

I don't really care if you think it is serious or not. I really don't feel much love for humanity at all. I woudln't mind seeing it destroyed. And believe me I'm not insulted.

[quote name='CTBengalsFan' post='601645' date='Nov 30 2007, 02:20 PM']yea, we know already.[/quote]

Escapists always want to use that excuse.

I know that I'm not superior to you in any way CT.

I just decided to grow up, and you haven't. You want an excuse to keep doing childish things that I no longer do.

Good for you, go for it. Smoke your brain out...

It's your life you're fucking up.... this has nothing to do with "superiority" of any sort.
I don't have to give a fuck about a stranger on an internet message board, I could've very well ignored this whole exchange.

Most people do.

I choose to say something because if I can get just ONE person to think about NOT doing stupid fucking drugs... then it's worth it.

You're young, as well as B.A.B, you guys have a chance to do wonderful things.

I have the experience of over 20 years worth of watching weed/alcohol/crack/meth/heroin harm young bright people & sucking the potential right out of them... and extinguishing lives.

Is it because you think I'm a "Debbie Downer" or a "Buzz Kill" that you can't stand what I say?

Or is the truth too hard to look at in that mirror every morning?

Good luck to all of you drug takers out there. I hope you stop before it's too late for you or someone innocent.

I don't wish you ill or want harm to come to you, but it will if you don't stop.

[b][size=5]That's all I've got to say about that...[/size][/b]

[img]http://home.insightbb.com/~lichrittle/wsb/media/1218102/site1009.jpg[/img]

[quote name='Actium' post='601651' date='Nov 30 2007, 02:32 PM']I don't really care if you think it is serious or not. [b]I really don't feel much love for humanity at all. I woudln't mind seeing it destroyed.[/b] And believe me I'm not insulted.[/quote]
And an attorney was born!
:lol:

[quote name='USNBENGAL the Original' post='601647' date='Nov 30 2007, 02:24 PM']I'm really sorry to hear that B.A.B.

A much greater percentage of the population choose to grow up and respect and obey the laws... even if they don't agree with them. The laws are there for a reason, if you haven't figured that out yet then hopefully you will soon.

To make an immature decision at such a young age that will affect the rests of your life is extremely sad, and a waste of potential.
It's especially sad that your mother shirked her parental responsibilities and didn't tell your dad that you had been busted.
An ass kicking might have woke you the fuck up, and it sounds like it's just what you need.

I'm sure that you're not a bad person B.A.B., you probably are capable of great things... but the proof is there. You would be capable of even much better things if you didn't fuck up your brain with weed.[/quote]

My mother takes care of me. She realized that it wasn't a big deal, because marijuana is JUST MARIJUANA. She realizes that I have more responsibilities than the vast majority of people my age in my work and school, and that since weed hasn't hindered my performance before, it isn't going to now. You DO NOT KNOW ME. You do not know the work I have to do on a daily basis. You do not know the responsibilities that I have doing this job and going to school. If weed was half as bad as you thought it was, I would have flunked out of school by now. Watch what you fucking say before you say something about her, because I guarantee you aren't half the parent that she is. Be happy I don't know who you are, because any talk about my mother deserves an ass whooping.

You don't fucking know me. You don't know anything about me. You know nothing of my potential. You do not know how marijuana affects me. You do not know how truly successful I am right now and the contacts I have made in my short life. You have no CLUE about all the job offers I have simply WAITING for me as soon as I get out of school. So please, before you keep talking to me like I'm some little kid, realize this: I'M A GROWN ASS MAN. I handle my responsibilities. I don't let weed or anything slow me down. So shut the fuck up, and stop saying all this personal shit like you know me and you know what I'm capable of. You know NOTHING. My potential is as great as it has ever been. Greater, even.

[quote name='B.A.B.' post='601738' date='Nov 30 2007, 05:34 PM']:lol:

My mother takes care of me. She realized that it wasn't a big deal, because marijuana is JUST MARIJUANA. She realizes that I have more responsibilities than the vast majority of people my age in my work and school, and that since weed hasn't hindered my performance before, it isn't going to now. You DO NOT KNOW ME. You do not know the work I have to do on a daily basis. You do not know the responsibilities that I have doing this job and going to school. If weed was half as bad as you thought it was, I would have flunked out of school by now. Watch what you fucking say before you say something about her, because I guarantee you aren't half the parent that she is. Be happy I don't know who you are, because any talk about my mother deserves an ass whooping.

You don't fucking know me. You don't know anything about me. You know nothing of my potential. You do not know how marijuana affects me. You do not know how truly successful I am right now and the contacts I have made in my short life. You have no CLUE about all the job offers I have simply WAITING for me as soon as I get out of school. So please, before you keep talking to me like I'm some little kid, realize this: I'M A GROWN ASS MAN. I handle my responsibilities. I don't let weed or anything slow me down. So shut the fuck up, and stop saying all this personal shit like you know me and you know what I'm capable of. You know NOTHING. My potential is as great as it has ever been. Greater, even.[/quote]
Those job opportunities will start drying up pretty quick when you can't pass a piss test.
And a MAN?
Since when? Since you realized you were circumsized?
Just messing with you...don't get Thurman's tits in a twist over it....

I have met Actium in person.

let me tell you this, he is a wise man, we have a lot in common, some things different, but a lot in common.

his solutions to problems are simple and would work, but sadly will never happen in todays society.

Ich ware ubermensch sein, als untermensch

[quote name='B.A.B.' post='601738' date='Nov 30 2007, 05:34 PM']:lol:

You don't fucking know me. You don't know anything about me. You know nothing of my potential. You do not know how marijuana affects me. You do not know how truly successful I am right now and the contacts I have made in my short life. You have no CLUE about all the job offers I have simply WAITING for me as soon as I get out of school. So please, before you keep talking to me like I'm some little kid, realize this: I'M A GROWN ASS MAN. I handle my responsibilities. I don't let weed or anything slow me down. So shut the fuck up, and stop saying all this personal shit like you know me and you know what I'm capable of. You know NOTHING. My potential is as great as it has ever been. Greater, even.[/quote]

You're a grown ass man?
If you call being a parent HIDING something from your spouse about a childs screwup, then you have more to learn than I even thought.
It's pretty apparent that you NEEDED an ass whoooping from your father.

LOL!

Ok, whatever... grown ass man. Enjoy your childish obsession, hope it doesn't fuck up that great potential that's even greater because of weed.

[quote name='rudi32' post='601780' date='Nov 30 2007, 07:38 PM']I have met Actium in person.

let me tell you this, he is a wise man, we have a lot in common, some things different, but a lot in common.

his solutions to problems are simple and would work, but sadly will never happen in todays society.

Ich ware ubermensch sein, als untermensch[/quote]

The solution of poisoning drugs is simple? There's no way they could reach all the drugs in the country, not even CLOSE.

[quote name='CTBengalsFan' post='601788' date='Nov 30 2007, 07:53 PM']The solution of poisoning drugs is simple? There's no way they could reach all the drugs in the country, not even CLOSE.[/quote]
I don't agree with Actium on his poisoning drugs idea. They are already mild forms of poisons anyway to varying degrees.
People are going to do what they are going to do, there isn't much stopping them.

Anyone ever watch the discovery channel's documentary on the war on drugs? Its really really interesting.

Honestly fightong over whether drugs should be legal or not is pointless. No time soon will you see any illegal drug in a store near you. If I am not mistaken theres a supreme court case pending on this subject. Except that the attorney general is trying to outlaw medical marijuana in all states. (This was a few years ago so I am not sure what has happend since, but still its reflective of the current trend).

[quote name='ScarletKnight' post='601797' date='Nov 30 2007, 08:11 PM']Anyone ever watch the discovery channel's documentary on the war on drugs? Its really really interesting.

Honestly fightong over whether drugs should be legal or not is pointless. No time soon will you see any illegal drug in a store near you. If I am not mistaken theres a supreme court case pending on this subject. Except that the attorney general is trying to outlaw medical marijuana in all states. (This was a few years ago so I am not sure what has happend since, but still its reflective of the current trend).[/quote]

a healthy debate never hurt anyone ;)

[quote name='CTBengalsFan' post='601788' date='Nov 30 2007, 06:53 PM']The solution of poisoning drugs is simple? There's no way they could reach all the drugs in the country, not even CLOSE.[/quote]

They don't have to. Just have the government distribute tainted amounts. It doesn't have to be all of the drugs. The key is to target the users, not the drugs themselves.

[quote name='Actium' post='601801' date='Nov 30 2007, 08:23 PM']They don't have to. Just have the government distribute tainted amounts. It doesn't have to be all of the drugs. The key is to target the users, not the drugs themselves.[/quote]
If you had a time machine, Hitler would have a high-paying and rewarding career for you...

Archived