Carson a terrible bad weather/cold weather QB?

Sorry I dont know if this has been discussed or not, my computer has been broken for about 2 weeks now so I havent been on hear much.

But anyways, I still think Carson is a damn good qb even though he is having a rough year, but my question is is carson just a bad cold weather/rainy weather QB?

I dont know about the past years too much, but all I know is he played miserable in the steelers game where the conditions were pretty bad, and played almost as bad last week against the Rams when it was raining. It seems like he cant keep the ball down for some reason, I dont know if it is cause of his knee or just the way he plays in the bad weather. Does anyone else think Carson should spend a fairly decent amount of time in the offseason practicing for these poor conditions?

weather effects everyone. i dont think any single condition is causing his woes, the weather, the season being over, the o line, the lack of running game, even if each thing only affected 3% of his passes, thats 12% difference, im not too worried about carson.

i would love to see him in a playoff game tho... well more than 2 plays.

[quote name='GoBengals' post='608172' date='Dec 13 2007, 01:38 AM']weather effects everyone. i dont think any single condition is causing his woes, the weather, the season being over, the o line, the lack of running game, even if each thing only affected 3% of his passes, thats 12% difference, im not too worried about carson.

i would love to see him in a playoff game tho... well more than 2 plays.[/quote]

I understand, it just seems like he hasnt been close in the last couple rainy games. It might be due to trying to run 15-20+ yard pass routes instead of going for those 8 yard passes that Roethlesberger did against us all game.

[quote name='CJandRudiJ' post='608169' date='Dec 13 2007, 01:34 AM']Sorry I dont know if this has been discussed or not, my computer has been broken for about 2 weeks now so I havent been on hear much.

But anyways, I still think Carson is a damn good qb even though he is having a rough year, but my question is is carson just a bad cold weather/rainy weather QB?

I dont know about the past years too much, but all I know is he played miserable in the steelers game where the conditions were pretty bad, and played almost as bad last week against the Rams when it was raining. [b]It seems like he cant keep the ball down for some reason[/b], I dont know if it is cause of his knee or just the way he plays in the bad weather. Does anyone else think Carson should spend a fairly decent amount of time in the offseason practicing for these poor conditions?[/quote]

He has had trouble keeping the ball down in perfect weather this year.

[quote name='Bengals1181' post='608212' date='Dec 13 2007, 08:47 AM']maybe he just needs contacts to see all the open WR's he's missing. :shrug:[/quote]

Or maybe we need to talk Greg Oden in to leaving the NBA to become a Bengals WRs; think he's tall enough to catch some of those Carson balls? :)

-jd

[quote name='doogles' post='608216' date='Dec 13 2007, 08:53 AM']Or maybe we need to talk Greg Oden in to leaving the NBA to become a Bengals WRs; think he's tall enough to catch some of those Carson balls? :)

-jd[/quote]

he isn't just overthrowing people, he's overlooking guys who are wide open. Not sure if his vision for the game has narrowed, if he needs his eyes checked, or if he's just afraid of getting hit. Whatever it is, he's not normal carson right now.

Carson has "happy feet" this year. One of the things that attracted me to him when he first saw the feild was how incredibly solid his mechanics were, in specific for this conversation, his footwork.

He had it some last year too, which I figured to be a product of his kneee injury... Now it could be the fact that our line can't keep the pressure off him for shit this year.

I know he says he doesn't think about his knee anymore, but sometimes you don't know if you are thinking about something... With the bad line play, and what happened to his knee, it would be hard to believe it isn't affecting him mentally.

[quote name='Lucid' post='608222' date='Dec 13 2007, 09:01 AM']Carson has "happy feet" this year. One of the things that attracted me to him when he first saw the feild was how incredibly solid his mechanics were, in specific for this conversation, his footwork.

He had it some last year too, which I figured to be a product of his kneee injury... Now it could be the fact that our line can't keep the pressure off him for shit this year.

I know he says he doesn't think about his knee anymore, but sometimes you don't know if you are thinking about something... With the bad line play, and what happened to his knee, it would be hard to believe it isn't affecting him mentally.[/quote]

I"m not sure how much the happy feet matters physically, mentally yes. Peyton Manning is constantly shuffling his feet until the moment he lets it go.

[quote name='Bengals1181' post='608228' date='Dec 13 2007, 09:07 AM']I"m not sure how much the happy feet matters physically, mentally yes. Peyton Manning is constantly shuffling his feet until the moment he lets it go.[/quote]

It depends on the QB... It's not Carson's way (there is also a defference between "shuffling" and "happy feet").

Most QB's who get happy feet suck though.

Manning is an anomolie in a few ways.

Archived