My thoughts

[quote name='BklynBngl' post='613977' date='Dec 26 2007, 12:21 PM']Kelly made a nice grab on Sunday. Seems like he usually does fine when we throw at him. I would be all for a TE receiving threat, but I wonder if Brat just doesn't like to use them.[/quote]
[b]A good pass catching would open up the middle of the field and make our wideouts that much more effective[/b]

[quote name='sparky151' post='613985' date='Dec 26 2007, 12:40 PM']Reggie Kelly is glacially slow. He did make a nice catch but overall isn't much of a downfield threat. A few years ago we had Kelly to block, Schobel to receive, and Stewart as a backup and for teams. Schobel left and wasn't replaced. Stewart left and was replaced by Coates. Personally I don't think Lawrie or Day are the answer. We should make an offer to Dallas Clark, which he won't accept, then draft Martin Rucker in the second round.[/quote]
[b]agreed 10000%...[/b]

[quote name='MAGICTOUCH' post='613865' date='Dec 26 2007, 01:30 AM']Best Bengal D-Backfield has to be:

CB: Eric Thomas and Lewis Billups

S: David Fulcher and Barney Bussey/Solomon Wilcots

I need to see more than one game to crown this current kids the best, yet...but I like the looks of the future[/quote]

I like the current backfield too but don't want to place too much weight on one game. Best ever Bengals backfield would have to be early 70s with Parrish, Riley, and Casanova.

[quote name='sparky151' post='613987' date='Dec 26 2007, 12:41 PM']I like the current backfield too but don't want to place too much weight on one game. Best ever Bengals backfield would have to be early 70s with Parrish, Riley, and Casanova.[/quote]

The 1981 backfield was pretty good too. Riley and Breeden at CB and Bobby Kemp and Dwight Hicks at Safety.

[quote name='sparky151' post='613987' date='Dec 26 2007, 12:41 PM']I like the current backfield too but don't want to place too much weight on one game. Best ever Bengals backfield would have to be early 70s with Parrish, Riley, and Casanova.[/quote]
[b]Remember that we also had a good defensive line then led by Mike Reid. Since then we have not had a good D Line.. That has something to do with the performance of the defensive backs[/b]

i think the first thing to do is extend t.j. possibly with rudi's and jt's money

then we resign landon, dhani, madieu, larson, and stacy

we let justin walk

we cut djax, rudi, and jt

we sign a leader on D like suggs or dansby

in the draft we go DE, DT, C, TE on day one and look for a second DT, a nickel replacement for deltha, and OL depth

but i can't stress enough the need to resign T.J. he is our best WR

[quote name='bengalsfan850' post='613990' date='Dec 26 2007, 12:46 PM']i think the first thing to do is extend t.j. possibly with rudi's and jt's money

then we resign landon, dhani, madieu, larson, and stacy

we let justin walk

we cut djax, rudi, and jt

we sign a leader on D like suggs or dansby

in the draft we go DE, DT, C, TE on day one and look for a second DT, a nickel replacement for deltha, and OL depth

but i can't stress enough the need to resign T.J. he is our best WR[/quote]
[b]agreed..he is the best possession receiver in the NFL[/b]

[quote name='BklynBngl' post='613977' date='Dec 26 2007, 12:21 PM']Kelly made a nice grab on Sunday. Seems like he usually does fine
[b]when we throw at him. I would be all for a TE receiving threat, but I wonder if Brat just doesn't like to use them[/b].[/quote]

Shouldnt that alone be enough to get his ass fired then? TE's are a need in football today. A threat at TE is what you need, not one that just catches every now and then. A threat at TE opens up alot of stuff. And you can still run 3 wides, imagine a Witten or Winslow along with CJ,TJ, and Chris.

[quote name='BklynBngl' post='613977' date='Dec 26 2007, 12:21 PM']Kelly made a nice grab on Sunday. Seems like he usually does fine when we throw at him. I would be all for a TE receiving threat, but I wonder if Brat just doesn't like to use them.[/quote]

True.

I look at the tight end, like Rudi at RB. It is the chicken and the egg, we can all debate. Meaning is Reggie Kelly a poor pass catching / route running TE or do the Bengals choose to use him in other ways or defensives don't respect him in the pass game. With Rudi is it he is injured or the Oline is injured and thus he is not successful. Or is ti the fact when Rudi is in the game the defensive scheme is different because he is not a threat.

Honestly, I am not sure about Reggie. But I do know/believe the Bengals need a TE who can present a threat in both run and passing plays. Personally, I would love Dallas Clark as an UFA, but believe Brat is literally a POS and would not use his skills. The guy has no zero zilch notta creativity.

Put me in the category of I would rather Brat go before Bres. We have nearly 70% of the salary cap tied up into offense. And quite frankly they have sucked. We need a change and a big attitude change. And NO the offensive line injuries had nothing to do with this nor did Rudi's hurt hamstring, IHHO. I can present my argument, but I have already done this in previous threads. And have yet to hear an arguement to those views, so I will assume no one has a legitmate debate that they are willing to engage in.

Archived