Ohio State vs. Tennessee

Bengals1181

[quote]Ohio State, Tennessee to play two
Thursday, March 27, 2008 9:14 AM

Ohio State and Tennessee will begin a two-game series in football beginning in 2018, the universities announced this morning.

The first game will be Sept. 1, 2018, in Knoxville in the teams' season opener. The Buckeyes and Volunteers will meet again on Sept. 7, 2019, in Columbus.

"Tennessee-Ohio State is a great natural matchup for two tradition-laden schools that are less than 400 miles apart," OSU associate athletics director Steve Snapp said. "Playing the Volunteers for the first time during the regular season will be a great series for our fans."

OSU and Tennessee have met once in football, a 20-14 Volunteers victory in the Florida Citrus Bowl after the 1995 season. This will be the Buckeyes' first on-campus meeting with an SEC opponent since a 36-33 victory over seventh-ranked LSU on Sept. 24, 1988.[/quote]

[url="http://www.dispatch.com/live/content/football/stories/2008/03/27/osutenn.html?sid=101"]http://www.dispatch.com/live/content/footb...nn.html?sid=101[/url]

damn those buckeyes and their weak schedule making. First Texas, then USC, then Virginia Tech, Miami, and Oklahoma. Now Tennessee?? ^_^

[quote name='Bengals1181' post='646692' date='Mar 27 2008, 07:10 PM'][url="http://www.dispatch.com/live/content/football/stories/2008/03/27/osutenn.html?sid=101"]http://www.dispatch.com/live/content/footb...nn.html?sid=101[/url]

damn those buckeyes and their weak schedule making. First Texas, then USC, then Virginia Tech, Miami, and Oklahoma. Now Tennessee?? ^_^[/quote]

Don't forget UC.

Actually I'm shocked an SEC school is actually scheduling a tough non-conference road game.

[quote name='Jason' post='646709' date='Mar 27 2008, 09:16 PM']Don't forget UC.

Actually I'm shocked an SEC school is actually scheduling a tough non-conference road game.[/quote]

I don't know much about tennessee's scheduling history, but Vol_Bengal claims they do it. They did just finish a home and away with Cal.

I just find it funny that OSU takes the most crap, when they are the most active in scheduling big non-conference games.

[quote name='Jason' post='646709' date='Mar 27 2008, 08:16 PM']Don't forget UC.

Actually I'm shocked an SEC school is actually scheduling a tough non-conference road game.[/quote]
You're silly...

[quote name='Bengals1181' post='646724' date='Mar 27 2008, 09:21 PM']I don't know much about tennessee's scheduling history, but Vol_Bengal claims they do it. They did just finish a home and away with Cal.

I just find it funny that OSU takes the most crap, when they are the most active in scheduling big non-conference games.[/quote]
UCLA...
Miami when they had Dorsey, Winslow and company
Notre Dame
Cal (ranked both times we played them)

But, I guess we could go schedule Washington or Washington State...

Aside from Texas what other legit non-conference series as OSU had recently???

I guess they've learned a lesson - better go play some of the types of schools that keep kicking our ass in the NC game, should make us better and more ready... :ninja:

And, we'll not get into conference opponents and their quality. Tennessee plays 3-4 top 25 teams in conference every year. I just hate they can't schedule a freakin series any sooner than 10 years out...

[quote name='CTBengalsFan' post='646751' date='Mar 27 2008, 11:46 PM']I'll sure be waiting on the edge of my seat for the series... in 10 years... :wacko:[/quote]
I was thinking the same exact thing :lol:

But once I heard Ohio State was playing Texas it was here before you knew it..Those were an exciting 2 games.

[quote name='Bengals1181' post='646724' date='Mar 27 2008, 09:21 PM']I don't know much about tennessee's scheduling history, but Vol_Bengal claims they do it. They did just finish a home and away with Cal.

I just find it funny that OSU takes the most crap, when they are the most active in scheduling big non-conference games.[/quote]

That is true, UT does it. None of the rest of the SEC powers do though.

[quote name='Vol_Bengal' post='646744' date='Mar 27 2008, 10:50 PM']You're silly...

UCLA...
Miami when they had Dorsey, Winslow and company
Notre Dame
Cal (ranked both times we played them)

But, I guess we could go schedule Washington or Washington State...

Aside from Texas what other legit non-conference series as OSU had recently???

I guess they've learned a lesson - better go play some of the types of schools that keep kicking our ass in the NC game, should make us better and more ready... :ninja:

And, we'll not get into conference opponents and their quality. Tennessee plays 3-4 top 25 teams in conference every year. I just hate they can't schedule a freakin series any sooner than 10 years out...[/quote]

why the fuck are you being a jackass, when I was defending your team?

[quote name='Jason' post='646770' date='Mar 28 2008, 07:01 AM']That is true, UT does it. None of the rest of the SEC powers do though.[/quote]

I'd agree with that to some extent... There are quite a few teams in the SEC that feel the in-conference schedule is plenty top-heavy. Tennessee schedules strong non-conference, Arkansas and Auburn do to some extent, and so does Vandy. But that is about it.

[quote name='Bengals1181' post='646774' date='Mar 28 2008, 07:34 AM']why the fuck are you being a jackass, when I was defending your team?[/quote]

Easy... The way you made your comment I thought you were coming off as snide:
[quote]but Vol_Bengal claims they do it[/quote]
I must have read too much into the "claims" comment, like I was pulling it out my ass or something.

That, and I was watching my boys get their asses handed to them while posting on here last night. If we'd played that way against X, WV, Memphis, Kentucky the 2nd time, Vandy at home, at least one of the Florida games, Miss St., we'd have had at least 7 more losses...

That was the most pathetic display of basketball that I've seen in quite awhile. Not that it was going to matter - we were going to get it handed to us by North Carolina the next game anyway... those guys are playing lights out right now.

Memphis was our NC game and after that game we were never the same - we'd come out flat and were inconsistent from game to game. Disappointing because I thought we had the talent to at least see a final 4, until we were bracketed with the Tar Heels that is...

Alright, I'm done crying... when it Training Camp?!

Archived