Henry interested in several teams, including Bengals

[quote name='The Ghost of Chucky B.' post='680240' date='Jul 20 2008, 04:43 PM']The Bengals will never, ever, ever re-sign Chris Henry. I'm sorry, just not gonna happen.
Anyone who thinks otherwise, including this bozo at ESPN, is at best delusional, at worst is a fucking retard.

Chris Henry has a better shot of becoming the head of the Coalition for Family Values than he does suiting
up in a Bengals uniform ever again.
Yo Chris, just like Odell, you had a chance to become something great.
Instead you fucked it up for yourself and let down the fans. So go fuck yourself douchebag. Coulda woulda shoulda.[/quote]

its comical that you feel so strongly in that opinion.

i would not be "shocked" to see him in stripes again.. but it is unlikely. had we not drafted two good WR's. the possability would be greater i think.

[quote name='GoBengals' post='680272' date='Jul 20 2008, 09:35 PM']its comical that you feel so strongly in that opinion.

i would not be "shocked" to see him in stripes again.. but it is unlikely. had we not drafted two good WR's. the possability would be greater i think.[/quote]

Agree with you Go. But like I said earlier in this thread - it comes down to Marvin. If Mike Brown wants to pull the trigger on this and Marvin does not, I could see this being the beginning of the end of Marvin and the Bengals - meaning Marvin's choice. IMHO, first and foremost those two guys have to be on the same page. If I were Marvin you can only take so much and then it is time to move on. However if Marvin feels re-signing Henry is the right thing then there is no issue. Based on sounds bites and written media clips, it is hard for me to believe Marvin would be in favor of bringing Henry back into the fold - a player who can not be counted on.

I really think these rumors/speculation is all agent driven. Perhaps Henry's agent took a chapter out of Rosenfuck's book. All based on driving up interest in his client.

Please no.

There is no denying his talent and potential, but the team made their decision to move in another direction and they don't need to go back on that. They got young talent there now, guys that were former captains and will help to usher in a new perception of the team that guys like Henry worked to destroy.

Let him tease another team with production and potential for 3-4 weeks before inevitably getting suspended again.

That ship has sailed.

As far as him being a #3 receiver, the real question is how well could he step into the #2 spot if TJ or CJ got hurt (it does happen I am told)? If Marvin thinks he is the best option by far as a #2 due to injury, it will be hard to NOT take him back from a strategic standpoint. I think this is how you have to look at your #3 receiver.

Very few #3 receivers are integral parts of a football team. Not saying they are not important just saying they are not what wins games. Yeah I know New England uses their #3 some but I honestly think they do that just to piss off the other team once than have a comfortable lead.

Still, he is Chris Henry. I won't be happy if we bring him back but I will understand the logic and accept it for what it is.

Archived