Henry interested in several teams, including Bengals

I find it hard to believe that the combination of a healthy Perry, and the addition of Utecht, Simpson, Caldwell, and Maxwell can not only replace anything Henry's ever done in a season, but far surpass it. All WITHOUT the headaches that come with him. Truth is, we don't really NEED Henry that much anymore, which is the only reason he stuck around as long as he did.

No thanks.

[quote name='Bengals1181' post='679811' date='Jul 17 2008, 04:22 PM']I find it hard to believe that the combination of a healthy Perry, and the addition of Utecht, Simpson, Caldwell, and Maxwell can not only replace anything Henry's ever done in a season, but far surpass it. All WITHOUT the headaches that come with him. Truth is, we don't really NEED Henry that much anymore, which is the only reason he stuck around as long as he did.

No thanks.[/quote]
The Patriots don't really NEED Moss either. But it sure must be nice to have him.

[quote name='Bengals1181' post='679816' date='Jul 17 2008, 04:52 PM']they did when they traded for him, and Moss at the time wasn't nearly the headache that Henry has been.[/quote]
I dont know about that. In fact, I could make the case that he was much worse. At least between the sidelines there's no question about Henry's effort (minus the occasional alligator arm over the middle). The way I hear it Moss was dogging it in Oakland. When your ex-head coach (Shell) comes out and says how old your body really is, how your knees are shot and how you can't run anymore.....and then you come out and break every record in the receiving book as soon as you're traded? Sure some of it was playing for a great team, some of it was motivation, but a whole lot of it was just that he must have been pulling a Pickens on Oakland. I'd call that being a major headache.

I'm just saying a minimum contract with incentives can't hurt.

[quote name='GoCommando' post='679822' date='Jul 17 2008, 07:22 PM']I dont know about that. In fact, I could make the case that he was much worse. At least between the sidelines there's no question about Henry's effort (minus the occasional alligator arm over the middle). The way I hear it Moss was dogging it in Oakland. When your ex-head coach (Shell) comes out and says how old your body really is, how your knees are shot and how you can't run anymore.....and then you come out and break every record in the receiving book as soon as you're traded? Sure some of it was playing for a great team, some of it was motivation, but a whole lot of it was just that he must have been pulling a Pickens on Oakland. I'd call that being a major headache.

I'm just saying a minimum contract with incentives can't hurt.[/quote]

I don't doubt he had questionable effort in oakland, but he also had a bum ankle and has been a model citizen in new england.

Henry has shown NO ability to be a model citizen, and I disagree slightly that there was no question about his effort. Aside from his alligator arming balls, he didn't do much to learn multiple route formations. He basically went deep, ran post patterns, or ran a 10yd out.

And IMO, resigning him to a minimum contract CAN hurt. It's awful from a PR standpoint and completely goes against them trying to clean up their image over the last few months. It sends a bad message to the locker room as well.

With the additions of Utecht, Simpson, and Caldwell, as well as a rejuvinated (hopefully) running game and Perry catching balls out of the backfield, its just not worth the PR hit to bring him back.

Shit, I'd take him back in a heartbeat! Say what you want about the kid, hes a Playmaker. And sooner than later, hes going to be a BIGTIME Playmaker. Furthermore IF Chad keep pulls his crybaby BS this year or next off season we got my man Slim. Sure we have 2 excellent picks at receiver BUT, they are still R-O-O-K-I-E-S! Its going to take just a little time for these guys to "catch on". No pun intended. B) Not to mention I am sure we can get him for a reasonable price.

[quote name='GoCommando' post='679822' date='Jul 17 2008, 07:22 PM']I dont know about that. In fact, I could make the case that he was much worse. At least between the sidelines there's no question about Henry's effort (minus the occasional alligator arm over the middle). The way I hear it Moss was dogging it in Oakland. When your ex-head coach (Shell) comes out and says how old your body really is, how your knees are shot and how you can't run anymore.....and then you come out and break every record in the receiving book as soon as you're traded? Sure some of it was playing for a great team, some of it was motivation, but a whole lot of it was just that he must have been pulling a Pickens on Oakland. I'd call that being a major headache.

I'm just saying a minimum contract with incentives can't hurt.[/quote]

Moss' effort level in Oakland sucked because the team and the coach were both fuckin' jokes and no one took it seriously so neither did he. He joined the Patriots and has one of the best WR season in history.

Is it supposed to be news that Henry is interested in several teams? Shit, he's interested in anyone that will give his broke ass a job.

I will not be disappointed to see him signed elsewhere. The odds on him fucking up again are greater than him suddenly becoming a socially responsible citizen overnight.

*especially* in the Cincy/NKY area where he seems to be wearing a bullseye - with the cops casing his joint and running the plates of the cars in his driveway, to stupid fucks in the street who try to start shit with him to win an out of court settlement..

If he's going to become the next Cris Carter, he's likely going to have to leave town to do it, imo.

[quote name='KangarWhoDey' post='679830' date='Jul 17 2008, 10:02 PM']Is it supposed to be news that Henry is interested in several teams? Shit, he's interested in anyone that will give his broke ass a job.

I will not be disappointed to see him signed elsewhere. The odds on him fucking up again are greater than him suddenly becoming a socially responsible citizen overnight.

*especially* in the Cincy/NKY area where he seems to be wearing a bullseye - with the cops casing his joint and running the plates of the cars in his driveway, to stupid fucks in the street who try to start shit with him to win an out of court settlement..

If he's going to become the next Cris Carter, he's likely going to have to leave town to do it, imo.[/quote]

I hear you brother, but let's say the Bengals DO sign him...

they better put a clause in his contract that prohibits him from ever stepping foot into Kentucky!

[quote name='USN Bengal' post='679831' date='Jul 17 2008, 09:05 PM']I hear you brother, but let's say the Bengals DO sign him...

they better put a clause in his contract that prohibits him from ever stepping foot into Kentucky![/quote]

Maybe they could just lock him PBS in some office somewhere when there are no official team activities happening :ninja:

I would welcome him back with open arms.
I wouldn't look at him any different than I did
before the charges and his release.

If he stays out of trouble, he would help this team win.

Chad
TJ
Henry
Simpson
Caldwell
Chatman or Holt or Maxwell or Purify or Urrutia = sick

[quote][size=5][b]Report: Henry draws interest from Bengals[/b][/size]
By Chick Ludwig | Thursday, July 17, 2008, 04:59 PM

[b]“SEVERAL TEAMS,’ INCLUDING BENGALS

INTERESTED IF HE GETS REINSTATED[/b]

ESPN.com is reporting that suspended wide receiver Chris Henry is interested in returning to the Cincinnati Bengals, who released him on April 3, 2008.

Henry’s agent claims a return to the Bengals is a possibility if Henry is reinstated by NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell.

“We have interest in several teams, including Cincinnati,” Marvin Frazier said in ESPN.com’s report.

According to ESPN.com’s story, Frazier said the Bengals have shown preliminary interest in Henry, whose assault charge was dropped in Hamilton County court earlier this week.

The Bengals terminated Henry’s contract after the player’s fifth arrest in three seasons. With Henry’s legal issues apparently resolved, the door to reinstatement could open.

Bengals public relations director Jack Brennan issued this statement from the club:

“Chris is presently under NFL suspension, and until such time as he may be reinstated, we are not in position to comment. Even in the event he is reinstated, he is no longer our player, and rarely if ever do we comment on any player who is not under contract with us.”

Henry, a third-round draft pick from West Virginia in 2005, has 88 receptions for 1,370 yards and 17 touchdowns as Cincinnati’s No. 3 wide receiver behind Chad Johnson and T.J. Houshmandzadeh.

After the assault charge against Henry was dropped, NFL spokesman Greg Aiello said, “All we could say is this would be reviewed at the appropriate time, and all factors would be considered,”

In a July 2 interview with WONE-AM radio’s Sportstalk 980, Henry said he’s learned a lot from his string of arrests and would welcome the opportunity play for the Bengals again.

“I hope so,” Henry said at the time. “I love playing for Cincinnati. I got really tight with a bunch of my teammates in Cincinnati. I would love for that to happen, but you never know.

“I learned a lot about everything that happened, and everything taught me a lesson. Just about being in the wrong places and hanging out with the wrong people. I just need to handle myself like a professional at all times. That’s pretty much what I need to do to stay in the league and get another shot at this. That’s what I plan on doing.”[/quote]

[url="http://www.daytondailynews.com/o/content/shared-gen/blogs/dayton/chickludwig/entries/2008/07/17/report_henry_draws_interest_fr.html"]http://www.daytondailynews.com/o/content/s...nterest_fr.html[/url]

[quote][size=5][b]Full ‘Monty’: Henry on Sporting News Radio[/b][/size]
By Chick Ludwig | Thursday, July 17, 2008, 08:30 PM

[b]HENRY BELIEVES HE’LL

BE REINSTATED BY NFL[/b]

===Former Cincinnati Bengals wide receiver Chris Henry — whose assault charge was dropped in Hamilton County court — hit the airwaves as a guest on “The Monty Show” on Sporting News Radio on Thursday afternoon. The show’s producer, Josh Vexler, said Henry spoke about “his legal troubles, playing football and whether or not the league will reinstate him.” Here are some quotes from the interview:===

[b]On trying to get reinstated:[/b] “We’re just trying to set up a meeting with the commissioner and go and take care of that, and move forward from there.”

[b]On the possibility of being reinstated:[/b] “I see no reason for him (Commissioner Roger Goodell) not to allow me to play. This last situation was completely out of my hands. I was pretty much attacked, and I had to defend myself. That’s what happened.”

[b]On staying out of trouble:[/b] “I don’t plan on going to any (night) clubs or anything like that because that’s not for me right now. That’s something I’ll have to deal with, and it will be no problem because I would hate to not be able to play football because that is what I love to do.”

[b]On playing for Cincinnati again:[/b] “Cincinnati is one of the teams that reached out and called just trying to see what was going on with my situation. If that was to happen (returning to Cincinnati) I would love to go back there.”

[b]On if he should be trusted to stay out of trouble:[/b] “Yes…because I’m really a good guy. We (Monty & Chris) haven’t had a chance to meet each other. You would get that vibe from me, too. That’s why I’ve got to sit down and talk to any owner or head coach of a team and get them to understand that from me, so that’s what I plan on doing.”[/quote]

[url="http://www.daytondailynews.com/o/content/shared-gen/blogs/dayton/chickludwig/entries/2008/07/17/full_monty_henry_on_sporting_n.html"]http://www.daytondailynews.com/o/content/s...sporting_n.html[/url]

we need to bribe goodell for a few get out of jail free cards...

and henry comes back on these conditions...

1. he moves to ohio (shouldnt be an issue frankly, his KY house is long gone)
2. he never goes back to kentucky again
3. he maintains at least 2 white friends, one of which is with him at all times, in case there is trouble, the white friend will speak with law enforcement on henry's behalf, and for that reason said white friend will keep 2-3 crisp $100 bills in his front pocket slightly sticking out for officers to see.
4. he only hires private strippers to his home, no strip clubs.

that should just about do it.

B)

[quote name='MESP' post='679785' date='Jul 17 2008, 03:52 PM']I'm not really sure what to think about this, My first reaction to reading the the Bengals are showing interest was a smile, cause he;s just so damn good, but then I think about the crap that comes with him and start to cringe. Maybe he can play for us on the field, and immediately after practice or a game he is put in shackles and gaurded by three armed men.[/quote]
The thing I keep hearkening back to was how bad we were at the #3 WR spot without him, and we were all salivating for his return...and then we were still pretty bad at the #3 WR position when he came back last season.

The guy is as dumb as a box of rocks, and seemingly cannot avoid situations where he gets himself into trouble.

Don't let the door hit ya where the good Lord split ya.

Please, no. We have stockpiled enough talent at WR. Let someone else babysit his worthless ass.

[quote name='Smizno' post='679826' date='Jul 17 2008, 08:34 PM']Shit, I'd take him back in a heartbeat! Say what you want about the kid, [b]hes a Playmaker. And sooner than later, hes going to be a BIGTIME Playmaker. [/b]Furthermore IF Chad keep pulls his crybaby BS this year or next off season we got my man Slim. Sure we have 2 excellent picks at receiver BUT, they are still R-O-O-K-I-E-S! Its going to take just a little time for these guys to "catch on". No pun intended. B) Not to mention I am sure we can get him for a reasonable price.[/quote]
He was a pretty big playmaker for us in 2006, but his eight games in 2007 didn't really leave me with the impression that he was "BIGTIME". He's good, but not worth the trouble. I just can't see the Bengals signing him again after what's happened. Too risky and it would make the organization look hypocritical.
Not to mention that to be "BIGTIME" you actually have to be able to [i]play[/i], which Chris has not proven to anyone yet, due to his questionable character.

[quote name='Bunghole' post='679868' date='Jul 18 2008, 12:56 AM']The thing I keep hearkening back to was how bad we were at the #3 WR spot without him, and we were all salivating for his return...and then we were still pretty bad at the #3 WR position when he came back last season.

The guy is as dumb as a box of rocks, and seemingly cannot avoid situations where he gets himself into trouble.

Don't let the door hit ya where the good Lord split ya.

Please, no. We have stockpiled enough talent at WR. Let someone else babysit his worthless ass.[/quote]

stockpiled? its easily one of our worst positions, chad wants gone and tj might as well be, even if not both are 30+ and have a foot out the free agency door. then two complete rookies. and really NOTHING after that... we are a bad hit and a grumpy asshole away from starting 2 rookies at WR. stockpiled he says....

[quote name='Bunghole' post='679870' date='Jul 18 2008, 01:03 AM']He was a pretty big playmaker for us in 2006, but his eight games in 2007 didn't really leave me with the impression that he was "BIGTIME". He's good, but not worth the trouble. I just can't see the Bengals signing him again after what's happened. Too risky and it would make the organization look hypocritical.
Not to mention that to be "BIGTIME" you actually have to be able to [i]play[/i], which Chris has not proven to anyone yet, due to his questionable character.[/quote]

he didnt spend anytime preparing with the team, he had 2 weeks or so before reinstatement to practice.. 2 weeks compared to 3 months. rather large difference. lets not forget carson barely had to time checkdown from cj to tj, before lofting a pryer as he hit the grass, let alone find a streaking henry anywhere... the kids a star.... on the field.

[quote name='GoBengals' post='679873' date='Jul 18 2008, 12:08 AM']stockpiled? its easily one of our worst positions, chad wants gone and tj might as well be, even if not both are 30+ and have a foot out the free agency door. then two complete rookies. and really NOTHING after that... we are a bad hit and a grumpy asshole away from starting 2 rookies at WR. stockpiled he says....[/quote]

Ummmmmmmm, Marcus Maxwell!! :ninja:

[quote name='GoBengals' post='679873' date='Jul 18 2008, 12:08 AM']stockpiled? its easily one of our worst positions, chad wants gone and tj might as well be, even if not both are 30+ and have a foot out the free agency door. then two complete rookies. and really NOTHING after that... we are a bad hit and a grumpy asshole away from starting 2 rookies at WR. stockpiled he says....

he didnt spend anytime preparing with the team, he had 2 weeks or so before reinstatement to practice.. 2 weeks compared to 3 months. rather large difference. lets not forget carson barely had to time checkdown from cj to tj, before lofting a pryer as he hit the grass, let alone find a streaking henry anywhere... the kids a star.... on the field.[/quote]
The short answer is we don't need Henry. The psychologist I'm seeing will tell you I am a racist.
I see our WR corps differently than you. I honestly believe that a couple of these rooks can and will contribute immediately. Henry was a rookie when he posted his best season....why not Simpson or Caldwell? It does happen, you know.

The bottom line is #9. The Rock at QB will make everyone look good, including gangsta Henry or any of the new guys. That's provided our oline play is better and that we offer up defenses a respectable rushing attack. If that happens, it doesn't really matter who's catching the ball, CP will put it where it needs to be.

[quote name='Bunghole' post='679880' date='Jul 18 2008, 12:29 AM']The short answer is we don't need Henry. The psychologist I'm seeing will tell you I am a racist.
I see our WR corps differently than you. I honestly believe that a couple of these rooks can and will contribute immediately. Henry was a rookie when he posted his best season....why not Simpson or Caldwell? It does happen, you know.

The bottom line is #9. The Rock at QB will make everyone look good, including gangsta Henry or any of the new guys. That's provided our oline play is better and that we offer up defenses a respectable rushing attack. If that happens, it doesn't really matter who's catching the ball, CP will put it where it needs to be.[/quote]

You have to look at the bigger picture here and not just at Henry vs. Simpson/Caldwell for #3. You can never have too much depth at any one position. Our linebackers were proof of this last year for christ sakes. Better yet, you can never have too much YOUNG talent at any one position. Bringing back Henry only acheives both of these things.

And it's not like if Henry came back he would be locked in as the #3 receiver. I think our coaches are better than putting someone on the fieldl strictly on name basis. If Simpson or Caldwell out play Henry on the field as you suggest a possibility then they'll see the field more and more as opposed to Henry.

For where our WR corps is at, and the report Henry has with Palmer I see no negatives with bringing him back to PBS. Off the field, well, just baggage.

[quote name='GoBengals' post='679873' date='Jul 18 2008, 12:08 AM']stockpiled? its easily one of our worst positions, chad wants gone and tj might as well be, even if not both are 30+ and have a foot out the free agency door. then two complete rookies. and really NOTHING after that... we are a bad hit and a grumpy asshole away from starting 2 rookies at WR. stockpiled he says....

he didnt spend anytime preparing with the team, he had 2 weeks or so before reinstatement to practice.. 2 weeks compared to 3 months. rather large difference. lets not forget carson barely had to time checkdown from cj to tj, before lofting a pryer as he hit the grass, let alone find a streaking henry anywhere... the kids a star.... on the field.[/quote]

Just an ignorant response. So your telling me if the bengals lose 2 pro bowl players they haven't stockpiled a position. Do you watch the NFL?

They ask Henry to mainly run 2 routes because he hasn't been able to improve anywhere else. He runs a fly and deep come back against favorable coverage afforded to him by playing with Chad and TJ.

Carson's protection was top notch that's just dumb to suggest otherwise. Henry is a waste of talent that spends more time destroying his potential than developing it. If he had the drive of a Chad Johnson he might be a star.

I like how it says that Henry is interested in a couple of teams. HA!! It doesn't matter how many teams HE'S interested in if no one is interested in him.
MULLY
Fuck, I'm interested in playing for the Bengals, can I get a write up?

Archived