Todd McShay Scouts Inc. top 10 mock draft

[quote name='Tigris' post='737686' date='Jan 5 2009, 07:38 AM']Right after I posted that I did my ownmock draft and never took a wide receiver... I basically picked Cushing over Harvin. However, if we did take Harvin in the 2nd, I wouldn't mind.[b] Everyone would change their mind after he took one the distance.[/b][/quote]

Unless Carson didn't get up afterward.

Just saw on ESPN that McShay's new top 10 has the Bengals picking Penn State redshirt sophomore DE Aaron Maybin. It had Curry going to the Seahawks, only one OT take before us and an OT going directly after us. I can't seem to find a link to it on ESPN...

Maybin is 6-4 and 236 pounds. I don't see ANY chance that the Bengals take him since he'd either have to bulk way up or move to LB. At #6 I see no reason to take any sort of project player. Seems like a bit of BS to me, kind of like when Phillip Merling was the chosen one (at our #9 pick) by Kiper last year and he didn't even sniff the first round...

[quote name='Zins30' post='738877' date='Jan 10 2009, 11:06 AM']Just saw on ESPN that McShay's new top 10 has the Bengals picking Penn State redshirt sophomore DE Aaron Maybin. It had Curry going to the Seahawks, only one OT take before us and an OT going directly after us. I can't seem to find a link to it on ESPN...

Maybin is 6-4 and 236 pounds. I don't see ANY chance that the Bengals take him since he'd either have to bulk way up or move to LB. At #6 I see no reason to take any sort of project player. Seems like a bit of BS to me, kind of like when Phillip Merling was the chosen one (at our #9 pick) by Kiper last year and he didn't even sniff the first round...[/quote]
Yeah it's pretty much consensus that McShay is a giant tool bag

[quote name='texbengal' post='736373' date='Dec 30 2008, 12:56 AM']Sanchez, to me, is way overrated.[/quote]

I agree that he may be a bit overrated, but he played hurt for most of this year. He needs to come back and have a fully healthy season. With the sick amount of talent USC recruits I'm sure they will be national champion contenders again.

• 3 weeks later...
[quote name='akiliMVP' post='738886' date='Jan 10 2009, 11:43 AM']Yeah it's pretty much consensus that McShay is a giant tool bag[/quote]
I think McShay does an excellent job analyzing college players but has little to no idea what NFL front offices are actually looking for.

Good rankings, bad mocks.

[quote name='Finnbar007' post='742957' date='Jan 28 2009, 06:12 PM']McShay's is decent, but this site has a better one. Its by another guy who writes for ESPN...probably the best Mock I have seen
[url="http://draftzoo.com"]http://draftzoo.com[/url][/quote]
You should be banned.

Archived