Everytime I travel I hate home even more...

GoBengals

[quote name='CatScratchFever' post='749795' date='Feb 26 2009, 06:31 PM']-However, let me say this: I've lived lots of different places and traveled around the world. No matter where you end up, the idiosyncracies of the local population will eventually wear on you. [i]The grass is not necessarily greener on the other side.[/i]

-My point is that if you need to leave that badly, just go. But don't be surprised if you eventually learn to appreciate the place you came from. [i]Real happiness and satisfaction comes from the people you have around you, not the place you live.[/i][/quote]
I strongly agree with these 2 points of the post.

I had a long reply but all it really comes down to, is the italics line in the 2nd paragraph.

Truer words have never been spoken(typed).

You can change the Scenery and your address, Once the glammer has worn off, the U.S. is pretty much the same shit anywhere you go.

There will always be fast-food joints. The same hollywood movies will be playing at the movie complex. The same shit will be on TV at the same time (given time zones), American Idol is still aired Tuesdays on Fox in Denver. The weather difference between Cincy/Denver, pretty much the same. A wal-mart is a wal-mart is a wal-mart. A music venue is a music venue. A bar is a bar is a bar and there is probably one to suit your style in Cincy or Denver. The internet is the same as it is in Denver as it is in Cincy. Obama is still president, racism still exists and Colorado still has it's small "hick" towns.

Find your true happines in your wife and kids and you'll be happy where ever you live because shits all the same, no matter where you go, from small town to big town, it's all pretty much the same.

Me? I would prefer to live in the middle of bumfuck nowhere in the middle of some field.

[quote name='Vol_Bengal' post='752299' date='Mar 3 2009, 08:42 AM']Damn... my comment regarding inbreeding didn't so much as cause a snicker... much less a reply???

You guys need to ease up! I was sure I'd get some witty responses!!![/quote]

For the record, I [b]did[/b] snicker.

And I was going to respond with something to the affect of "get me some pictures and I'll consider nailing them too" but forgot.

Not that witty, but...

[quote name='Quaker' post='752291' date='Mar 3 2009, 08:20 AM']I strongly agree with these 2 points of the post.

I had a long reply but all it really comes down to, is the italics line in the 2nd paragraph.

Truer words have never been spoken(typed).

You can change the Scenery and your address, Once the glammer has worn off, the U.S. is pretty much the same shit anywhere you go.[/quote]

Not always, and you have a lot of control over that shit.

[quote]There will always be fast-food joints.[/quote]

Some are better than others depending on location. In & Out > most burger places.

[quote]The same hollywood movies will be playing at the movie complex. The same shit will be on TV at the same time (given time zones), American Idol is still aired Tuesdays on Fox in Denver.[/quote]

Then I turn off the fucking TV and go hike in the mountains (none in Ohio), or spend the weekend in Zion or Yellowstone. Can't do that everywhere.

[quote]The weather difference between Cincy/Denver, pretty much the same.[/quote]

:rofl: :rofl:

You've obviously been to one location or the other, but not both and you sure as shit haven't spent a winter in Denver or you wouldn't say that.

[quote]A wal-mart is a wal-mart is a wal-mart. A music venue is a music venue. A bar is a bar is a bar and there is probably one to suit your style in Cincy or Denver. The internet is the same as it is in Denver as it is in Cincy. Obama is still president, racism still exists and Colorado still has it's small "hick" towns.[/quote]

True, bigger cities get better acts, mine have legal video poker, high-class strippers, and no last call, true, and Racism just isn't as prevalent in the west. Sorry, but it's true. Does it exist? Absolutely, but when I go back east, there is a racial tension that is almost palpable and makes me sick to my stomach and I just don't get that out here. And Denver is one of the most progressive cities in the nation; to compare it to Cincy in regard to race relations is laughable.

[quote]Find your true happines in your wife and kids and you'll be happy where ever you live because shits all the same, no matter where you go, from small town to big town, it's all pretty much the same.[/quote]
Sometimes the fun is finding the difference in the places and reveling in them.

[quote]Me? I would prefer to live in the middle of bumfuck nowhere in the middle of some field.[/quote]

Yeah, being a hermit definitely has an allure...

[quote name='Elflocko' post='750843' date='Feb 28 2009, 12:11 PM']See? It's not so hard.

[b]That[/b] part fits in with the topic at hand...[/quote]
[s]Is this thread about geography? Or is it really about being happy? I think it is the latter.

I think a person's attitude has a great effect upon their happiness.

For example, if Go goes all 'Sybil' on Vol_Bengal for reasons that had nothing to do with Vol_Bengal, and there is a repeated pattern of that type of behavior, and a common theme of encountering retards, 5th graders, and hillbilies everytime someone has a differing opinion; maybe geography isn't the problem. Maybe you're destined to meet retards, 5th graders, and hillbillies whether you live in Ohio, Denver, Timbuktu, or the planet Altari.

Believe it or not; retards, 5th graders, and hillbillies aren't confined to just Ohio. They're everywhere.

You can't solve every problem in a timely manner, or sometimes at all. You can't be angry about a problem all the time. Learn how to compartmentalize. It takes a conscious effort. Tell yourself, "Self, I know this is a problem. It pisses me off. But, I have to move on to something else right now. I'm going to file this problem in the "Stupid Hillbilly File" and get back to it later."

Otherwise, your work BS affects your wife and kids or your in-laws BS affects you and your wife...[/s]

You know what? I had a response all typed out, but who cares.

[quote name='St. Jude' post='754067' date='Mar 6 2009, 03:29 AM'][s]Is this thread about geography? Or is it really about being happy? I think it is the latter.

For example, if Go goes all 'Sybil' on Vol_Bengal for reasons that had nothing to do with Vol_Bengal, and there is a repeated pattern of that type of behavior, and a common theme of encountering retards, 5th graders, and hillbilies everytime someone has a differing opinion; maybe geography isn't the problem. Maybe you're destined to meet retards, 5th graders, and hillbillies whether you live in Ohio, Denver, Timbuktu, or the planet Altari.

Believe it or not; retards, 5th graders, and hillbillies aren't confined to just Ohio. They're everywhere.

You can't solve every problem in a timely manner, or sometimes at all. You can't be angry about a problem all the time. Learn how to compartmentalize. It takes a conscious effort. Tell yourself, "Self, I know this is a problem. It pisses me off. But, I have to move on to something else right now. I'm going to file this problem in the "Stupid Hillbilly File" and get back to it later."

Otherwise, your work BS affects your wife and kids or your in-laws BS affects you and your wife...[/s]

You know what? I had a response all typed out, but who cares.[/quote]

I certainly don't....

[quote name='St. Jude' post='754067' date='Mar 6 2009, 03:29 AM'][s]Is this thread about geography? Or is it really about being happy? I think it is the latter.

You know what? I had a response all typed out, but who cares.[/quote]

Nicely done.

• 3 weeks later...
[quote name='Montana Bengal' post='751777' date='Mar 2 2009, 01:22 PM']Not mine, but from around here. They absolutely suck...stay away.[/quote]

No Seriously, Stay Away...
3/23/09 - [url="http://www.montanasnewsstation.com/Global/story.asp?S=10054547&nav=menu227_4"]Fire burning in downtown Miles City[/url]
3/22/09 - [url="http://www.nytimes.com/2009/03/23/us/23crash.html"]At Least 14 Dead in Montana Crash[/url]
3/7/09 - [url="http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/29614937/"]Fire in Whitehall destroys 3 building[/url]
3/5/09 - [url="http://www.nytimes.com/2009/03/18/us/18blast.html?ref=us"]Fatal Blast Wounds a City to Its Core[/url]

[quote name='Montana Bengal' post='758108' date='Mar 23 2009, 06:59 PM']No Seriously, Stay Away...
3/23/09 - [url="http://www.montanasnewsstation.com/Global/story.asp?S=10054547&nav=menu227_4"]Fire burning in downtown Miles City[/url]
3/22/09 - [url="http://www.nytimes.com/2009/03/23/us/23crash.html"]At Least 14 Dead in Montana Crash[/url]
3/7/09 - [url="http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/29614937/"]Fire in Whitehall destroys 3 building[/url]
3/5/09 - [url="http://www.nytimes.com/2009/03/18/us/18blast.html?ref=us"]Fatal Blast Wounds a City to Its Core[/url][/quote]

Montana: Come for the scenery, stay for the death

Archived