Everytime I travel I hate home even more...

GoBengals

[quote name='Bengal Migration' post='749838' date='Feb 26 2009, 07:47 PM']I share this sentiment..

..about everywhere but Australia. I can't fucking believe I'm boarding a flight out in less than an hour. <_<

I'd choose Melbourne over anyplace I've ever lived, hands down. Elflocko, if you ever make it down that way, you'll never leave.[/quote]
Yeah, I fucking loved Australia. Coolest, most laid back bunch of folks I've ever met.

[quote name='BENGALS666' post='749864' date='Feb 26 2009, 08:47 PM']Don't really know about South Cackalacky, could be bit more of a transient thing as it's coastal state.
Where I notice it most is at the movies, driving around town, at restaurants, or even Titans games - people don't get nasty or generally act rude like they do other places.[/quote]
And when they stab you in the back they do it real polite-like and with a big smile on their face :ninja:

[quote name='CatScratchFever' post='749795' date='Feb 26 2009, 06:31 PM']hora? what's a hora? do you mean "aura"?

If Ohio is making you that miserable, then just get out. Do what it takes. Your sanity is more important that a few dollars.

However, let me say this: I've lived lots of different places and traveled around the world. No matter where you end up, the idiosyncracies of the local population will eventually wear on you. The grass is not necessarily greener on the other side.

When I first left Ohio, I had very similar feelings. I didn't think I'd ever come back. I loved the places I lived, and yet, here I am back in Ohio. Dayton, no less. If you think Cincy is bad, try living in Dayton. It's almost as bad as Toledo. I don't really like it here, but I'm happy.

My point is that if you need to leave that badly, just go. But don't be surprised if you eventually learn to appreciate the place you came from. Real happiness and satisfaction comes from the [b]people you have around you, not the place you live[/b].[/quote]
Theme to a sweet Rush song that I have come to appreciate more and more the older I get...

[quote name='Elflocko' post='749922' date='Feb 27 2009, 02:12 PM']Dude, it gets below 80 and I have to wear a jacket... :mellow:[/quote]
It was 82 here last night, after dark... 90% humidity.. and guys were wearing long pants and sweatshirts on the streets (while I was sweating my ass off in a short sleeved shirt and a pair of shorts <_< )

[quote name='GoBengals' post='748990' date='Feb 24 2009, 11:45 AM']wtf?

what does an imaginary number of what the bengals may or may not have spent have anything to do with this topic? do think everything you read on the internet is accurate?

seriously?

what the fuck do the two have in common?

what the fuck does the bengals cap number have to do with this topic?

not a god damn thing. so why even bring it up?

are you not capable of having a conversation about something else?[/quote]

this is just me thinking out loud, but I suspect your multiple personalities are 1/8 + 1/8 + 1/8 + 1/8 of the problem

and ohio sucks

[quote name='St. Jude' post='750762' date='Feb 28 2009, 02:24 AM']this is just me thinking out loud, but I suspect your multiple personalities are 1/8 + 1/8 + 1/8 + 1/8 of the problem
[b]
and ohio sucks[/b][/quote]

See? It's not so hard.

[b]That[/b] part fits in with the topic at hand...

[quote name='St. Jude' post='750762' date='Feb 28 2009, 02:24 AM']this is just me thinking out loud, but I suspect your multiple personalities are 1/8 + 1/8 + 1/8 + 1/8 of the problem

and ohio sucks[/quote]

probably.. people are more accommodating to each of my personalities in Denver..

[quote name='Elflocko' post='750843' date='Feb 28 2009, 12:11 PM']See? It's not so hard.

[b]That[/b] part fits in with the topic at hand...[/quote]
:lol:

As a former Cincinnatian I can say that I love the city and have family I love in that area but I am glad I dont live there any longer. There seems to be a mentallity in Midwest of people constantly trying to prove how tough they are and the weather there really sucks.

I also really enjoy going through a short winter season as it helps me not to feel completely depressed.

[quote name='Sigfox09' post='751599' date='Mar 1 2009, 10:11 PM']I also live close to the coast/close to a major city/and close to the mountains which you cant really experience in the midwest.[/quote]

Exactly!

You don't get views like this in the midwest:

[img]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b226/lodge308/PB235551.jpg[/img]

[quote name='Elflocko' post='751620' date='Mar 2 2009, 12:09 AM']Exactly!

You don't get views like this in the midwest:

[img]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b226/lodge308/PB235551.jpg[/img][/quote]

What do you consider Tennessee? Just curious, as I can see that all day long...

[quote name='Vol_Bengal' post='751700' date='Mar 2 2009, 04:05 PM']What do you consider Tennessee? Just curious, as I can see that all day long...[/quote]

Imagine TN without the muggy. Plus the mountains out west are a little higher.

[quote name='CincyInDC' post='751723' date='Mar 2 2009, 11:03 AM']Imagine TN without the muggy. Plus the mountains out west are a little higher.[/quote]

And without the inbreeding.

:ninja:

Mt. Charleston is 12,000 feet...

[quote name='Elflocko' post='751734' date='Mar 2 2009, 12:25 PM']I don't consider TN the "Midwest".[/quote]

Just checking...

[quote name='Elflocko' post='751735' date='Mar 2 2009, 12:26 PM'][b]And without the inbreeding. [/b]

:ninja:

Mt. Charleston is 12,000 feet...[/quote]

Hey, hey - I don't have a problem sleeping with my wife's sisters...

[quote name='Montana Bengal' post='751777' date='Mar 2 2009, 02:22 PM']Not mine, but from around here. [b]They absolutely suck...stay away.[/b][/quote]

That is funny.

[quote name='Elflocko' post='749645' date='Feb 26 2009, 11:50 AM']If you are on the strip and look west (towards Red Rock) I live at the base of the north end of the foothills of the Spring Mountains.

Here's a view from the top of Lone Mountain.

[img]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b226/lodge308/IMG_0086.jpg[/img]

If we had kids, I don't know that we would have left Denver, but since we don't, this is a great town to live. It's close to great places (1 day from Yellowstone, 1/2 a day from Grand Canyon, Hoover Dam, Zion, close to San Diego, etc.) and has all the benefits of a huge city with only 2 million people. Anything and everything you want, 24/7/365. My running joke was always "If I want a beer, burrito, and a hooker at 3 AM on a Sunday while doing a U-turn, I [b]can[/b]"

Hell, I can go to Smiths (think Western Krogers) at 2 AM Sunday morning and buy a bottle of Absinthe (with wormwood no less) if I wish.

Pretty much every big name show makes it here, and if I want to spot pro athletes I just hang out at the Palms.

Las Vegas isn't for everyone, but if you don't gamble or have kids it can be great...[/quote]

So absinthe is legal again? I know I had it in New Orleans on my bachelor party. Does it vary from state to state?

[quote name='Actium' post='751803' date='Mar 2 2009, 02:24 PM']So absinthe is legal again? I know I had it in New Orleans on my bachelor party. Does it vary from state to state?[/quote]

Yep, at least here in Nevada (and obviously LA). I can't comment on other states as I haven't tried to buy outside of home. I do vaguely remember seeing it in California though...

[quote name='Elflocko' post='751811' date='Mar 2 2009, 02:36 PM']Yep, at least here in Nevada (and obviously LA). I can't comment on other states as I haven't tried to buy outside of home. I do vaguely remember seeing it in California though...[/quote]

I checked the liquor stores online in Texas, doesn't look like it's made it here yet. Apparently the FDA still regulated thujone, which makes it tougher to import. hope it opens up more soon--absinthe is awesome, as is the ritual for imbibing it

Archived