No Tv is possible yet Bengals are holding back tix?

How do you guys feel about this given the game may not be on TV?

The following was reported on the radio yesterday.

Persons are calling the Bengals for tix. The Bengals are telling them only upper deck single game seats are available. However, lower seats are available but are being held back from sale. The only way to get them is by buying the 4 game ticket packs.

Many of those calling are not buying as they do not want upper deck. They are going to 721-Seat. As far as Tv/sellout goes, those tickets are already accounted for as sold tickets. 721-Seat is a secondary vender having already purchased the tix and are reselling them, therefore, those sold on 721-Seat will not help the sellout cause.

Given the fact that these 4 game packs will very soon be 3 game packs, should the Bengals begin selling the lower deck seating as single games when they are requested? It would be a shame for the game to not be on Tv if they could sell all of the tix for the Baltimore yet did not due to holding back tickets.

I have my tickets and a blackout has no effect on me.

What do you guys think about this?

[quote name='scharm' date='05 November 2009 - 08:02 PM' timestamp='1257469344' post='823238']
My thought is if they are passing sales then the number of lower level seats must be small enough that they feel confident that they can be sold apart of the ticket packs.
[/quote]
Yeah, or buy them up like before. Otherwise, you'd think they'd be getting pretty aggressive in ticket sales techniques.

[quote name='Since 87' date='05 November 2009 - 06:00 PM' timestamp='1257469224' post='823237']
I think this is one of two times per year it pays to be in the Ravens' local market :36:
[/quote]

Or so far away you have to go out almost no matter what, like here in LA.

[quote name='cwing' date='05 November 2009 - 09:52 PM' timestamp='1257468768' post='823234']

Given the fact that these 4 game packs will very soon be 3 game packs, should the Bengals be selling them. I havee my tickets and a blackout has no effect on me.

What do you guys think about this?
[/quote]

Correction to original post as the above sentence did not come across correctly.I should ahve come out more like this -----

Given the fact that these 4 game packs will very soon be 3 game packs, should the Bengals begin selling the lower deck seating as single games when they are requested? It would be a shame for the game to not be on Tv if they could sell all of the tix for the Baltimore yet did not due to holding back tickets.

[quote name='cwing' date='06 November 2009 - 03:23 PM' timestamp='1257546204' post='823515']
Correction to original post as the above sentence did not come across correctly.I should ahve come out more like this -----

Given the fact that these 4 game packs will very soon be 3 game packs, should the Bengals begin selling the lower deck seating as single games when they are requested? It would be a shame for teh game to not be on Tv if they could sell all of the tix for the Baltimore yet did not due to holding back tickets.
[/quote]

Game is on TV.

[quote name='Oldcat' date='06 November 2009 - 07:24 PM' timestamp='1257546246' post='823516']
Game is on TV.
[/quote]

I have been stuck in meetings all day with no Bengals news. How? Sponsers, sell them all, give away?

[quote name='cwing' date='06 November 2009 - 03:29 PM' timestamp='1257546591' post='823521']
I have been stuck in meetings all day with no Bengals news. How? Sponsers, sell them all, give away?
[/quote]
probably some combination. Krogers is the named sponsor. there's a thread on here with more details.

We need to keep winning our home games. We have contests coming up against crappy teams where the threat of a blackout is more real. This tilt against the Ravens should be a statement game for us. If we lose badly, I'm not sure where that puts us other than in a tie for second/first (Pitt have a bye?).

[quote name='Bunghole' date='06 November 2009 - 07:40 PM' timestamp='1257550854' post='823532']
We need to keep winning our home games. We have contests coming up against crappy teams where the threat of a blackout is more real. This tilt against the Ravens should be a statement game for us. If we lose badly, I'm not sure where that puts us other than in a tie for second/first (Pitt have a bye?).
[/quote]
Sadly, I think there are a couple blackouts coming up regardless of our record. BTW, Pitt plays Denver Sunday as their Bye week was last week like ours. The next two week should be very interesting and defining for our division.

Archived