The Good, The Bad, The Ugly.

[quote name='Oldcat' date='30 November 2009 - 07:18 PM' timestamp='1259623126' post='835159']
Who said it was automatic? Nooooo-body.
[/quote]

So then you never worry about it at all or do you just choose to only express the positive and never the concerns?

[quote name='CJandRudiJ' date='30 November 2009 - 07:20 PM' timestamp='1259623210' post='835161']
Im just saying, you seem to think that guys on this board attack people for any negative post...but most the times they attacking is done on people that are idiots and make stupid claims like "we have no chance against these teams" or guys like CCC who makes dumb posts trying to be funny, even if he is being overly negative on purpose.
[/quote]

It goes both ways.

[quote name='SF2' date='30 November 2009 - 07:24 PM' timestamp='1259623461' post='835168']
IMHO we do have a pretty serious problem with the medium to deep passing game and its not a little problem. I never thought I would wish for Chris Henry to be back on the field but we do need him or someone of his ability. The reality is if we can't stretch the field we will have a difficult time against any of the top tier teams in the league. I hurt our awesome running game and short passing game.

Basically, we have about 5 weeks to shore up the oline (Smith) and find a deep threat speed receiver who can stretch the field a bit (Simpson?). We do have the pieces in place to do this on paper but it really depends on where these guys are ability wise.

Still, way better than anytime in the last 18 years and that includes 2005 as far as I am concerned. Better, tougher defense by far.

The grass looks pretty good on this side right now.
[/quote]

I think if Smith comes up to speed and Mathis gets and stays healthy we can fix alot of what is going on with the Oline and things will start clicking again. Lets hope that happens.

[quote name='Jamie_B' date='30 November 2009 - 04:26 PM' timestamp='1259623565' post='835170']
So then you never worry about it at all or do you just choose to only express the positive and never the concerns?

[/quote]

It's hard to talk about concerns when the discussion is couched in terms of "are we doomed this week, or just three weeks from now" language. Since I deny the premise, I'm out of the loop.

We have had a good passing attack for years, assuming Carson Palmer is in the lineup. What we have has defeated the two best defenses in the league, twice. Marvin stated that the emphasis on the rush at least against Cleveland was planned, and not a response to Carson's arm falling off or something. So why the dire concern?

I thought the team would be good this year, barring injury catastrophe. I was right. Many have been trashing the team for one thing and another all year and seem to be grasping for reasons to avoid changing their minds. If you aren't in that camp, well, try discussing what's going on from the view that we are a pretty damn good team and other teams need to fear us a little too.

[quote name='Oldcat' date='30 November 2009 - 07:38 PM' timestamp='1259624327' post='835179']
It's hard to talk about concerns when the discussion is couched in terms of "are we doomed this week, or just three weeks from now" language. Since I deny the premise, I'm out of the loop.

We have had a good passing attack for years, assuming Carson Palmer is in the lineup. What we have has defeated the two best defenses in the league, twice. Marvin stated that the emphasis on the rush at least against Cleveland was planned, and not a response to Carson's arm falling off or something. So why the dire concern?

I thought the team would be good this year, barring injury catastrophe. I was right. Many have been trashing the team for one thing and another all year and seem to be grasping for reasons to avoid changing their minds. If you aren't in that camp, well, try discussing what's going on from the view that we are a pretty damn good team and other teams need to fear us a little too.
[/quote]

Weak sauce.

I have expressed that I think there are only 2-3 teams that I worry at all about in the playoffs. Not that we cant beat them but there are reasons to be concern. Hell I said if Mathis gets back in and Smith gets up to speed I think things will start clicking again in this very thread, hell the post above this one I am quoting. But that is an IF.

I want to see you express a concern, an area of worry that you know we have to improve in to win against an elite team and win a superbowl because I havent seen it. I wonder if your capable of doing so.

[quote name='Oldcat' date='30 November 2009 - 06:39 PM' timestamp='1259620761' post='835130']
Pittsburg and Baltimore and Green Bay have put the wood to some pretty good teams. I don't see why this never seems to count for anything to the 'oh but you haven't beat team X' crowd.

Minnesota's a good team. But so are we.
[/quote]

Yes we are quite good. Better than good really. The Bengals team seems to be built to whoop up on the AFC north. Which they have done and I quite happy just along with everybody else.

All of the Losses, of course have come out of division, against opponents that we don't see a bunch. Denver. Oakland. Houston. Games the Team lost which a lot of people didn't think they'd lose. I certainly didn't.

I don't want to look past Detroit, but I think the Vikings game is perfectly placed near the end of the season as a good guage of the team and the plan going into the playoffs.

[quote name='Bunghole' date='01 December 2009 - 05:22 AM' timestamp='1259612568' post='835025']
Jeez guys, its football and we all root for the same team here! Can't we just agree to disagree or simply not resort to being nasty to one another in the wake of yet another Bengals win?

God knows what the bickering would be like around here if we were 3-8 right now. Wait, I do know, I witnessed last season on here along with most of the resat of you!
[/quote]

Yeah, as a group, we could learn to live with success a bit.

[quote name='cwing' date='01 December 2009 - 07:28 AM' timestamp='1259620101' post='835115']
and then she may chase you down and beat you with your own golf club !!!!
[/quote]

:24:

[quote name='CJandRudiJ' date='30 November 2009 - 07:20 PM' timestamp='1259623210' post='835161']
Im just saying, you seem to think that guys on this board attack people for any negative post...but most the times they attacking is done on people that are idiots and make stupid claims like "we have no chance against these teams" or guys like CCC who makes dumb posts trying to be funny, even if he is being overly negative on purpose.
[/quote]

x2. Jamie, you aren't as bad as these guys, but when you side with the idiots you put yourself in the fire.

[quote name='Bengals1181' date='30 November 2009 - 09:01 PM' timestamp='1259629260' post='835251']
x2. Jamie, you aren't as bad as these guys, but when you side with the idiots you put yourself in the fire.
[/quote]

see i dont think i have done that, perhaps because i quoted NY's post is where the confusion lies

[quote name='Jamie_B' date='30 November 2009 - 09:09 PM' timestamp='1259629748' post='835258']
see i dont think i have done that, perhaps because i quoted NY's post is where the confusion lies
[/quote]

Ah, Yes!! As Confucious says "When you follow an ass, don't become suprised when you get covered with shit"!! B) B)

[quote name='Jamie_B' date='30 November 2009 - 04:42 PM' timestamp='1259624563' post='835181']
Weak sauce.

I have expressed that I think there are only 2-3 teams that I worry at all about in the playoffs. Not that we cant beat them but there are reasons to be concern. Hell I said if Mathis gets back in and Smith gets up to speed I think things will start clicking again in this very thread, hell the post above this one I am quoting. But that is an IF.

I want to see you express a concern, an area of worry that you know we have to improve in to win against an elite team and win a superbowl because I havent seen it. I wonder if your capable of doing so.
[/quote]

Well if we turn over the ball the way we did against the Texans and Raiders, we can't expect to win.

[quote name='Oldcat' date='01 December 2009 - 01:46 AM' timestamp='1259646405' post='835473']
Well if we turn over the ball the way we did against the Texans and Raiders, we can't expect to win.
[/quote]

So in your opinion turnovers are the only issue we have? I sincerely disagree.

[quote name='Jamie_B' date='01 December 2009 - 10:45 AM' timestamp='1259678754' post='835546']
So in your opinion turnovers are the only issue we have? I sincerely disagree.
[/quote]

no, but if they didn't turn the ball over so much, as he suggested, you could argue that we win both of those games in spite of issues we have.

[quote name='Bengals1181' date='01 December 2009 - 10:53 AM' timestamp='1259679189' post='835550']
no, but if they didn't turn the ball over so much, as he suggested, you could argue that we win both of those games.
[/quote]

yes, but thats not what i asked him

[quote name='Jamie_B' date='01 December 2009 - 10:54 AM' timestamp='1259679249' post='835552']
yes, but thats not what i asked him
[/quote]

sure he did. You asked him to bring up a concern. He brought up turnovers. Without turnovers in those 2 games, we're possibly 10-1 right now, making us an elite team.

He brought up a concern, just not the one you wanted him to. :P

[quote name='Bengals1181' date='01 December 2009 - 10:58 AM' timestamp='1259679533' post='835554']
sure he did. You asked him to bring up a concern. He brought up turnovers. Without turnovers in those 2 games, we're possibly 10-1 right now, making us an elite team.

He brought up a concern, just not the one you wanted him to. :P
[/quote]

:glare:

Archived