The Good, The Bad, The Ugly.

[quote name='kennethmw' date='30 November 2009 - 01:02 PM' timestamp='1259600537' post='834935']
Whenever I see posts like this, I'm reminded of Terry Bradshaw comments

[url="http://larrybrownsports.com/media-police/bengals-prove-steeler-homer-terry-bradshaw-wrong-win-pittsburgh/11134"]http://larrybrownspo...ittsburgh/11134[/url]
[/quote]

Thats the best you got?

[quote name='Arkansas Bengal' date='30 November 2009 - 08:29 AM' timestamp='1259584159' post='834858']
If we beat the Vikings and/or Chargers, will you shut the fuck up?
[/quote]

Oh I'm sorry, I didn't know you weren't allowed to voice your opinions here. I'll stay quiet now just for you ok buttercup?

Jeez guys, its football and we all root for the same team here! Can't we just agree to disagree or simply not resort to being nasty to one another in the wake of yet another Bengals win?

God knows what the bickering would be like around here if we were 3-8 right now. Wait, I do know, I witnessed last season on here along with most of the resat of you!

[quote name='Bunghole' date='30 November 2009 - 03:22 PM' timestamp='1259612568' post='835025']
Jeez guys, its football and we all root for the same team here! Can't we just agree to disagree or simply not resort to being nasty to one another in the wake of yet another Bengals win?

God knows what the bickering would be like around here if we were 3-8 right now. Wait, I do know, I witnessed last season on here along with most of the resat of you!
[/quote]

Some people just need to complain. E.g., We could be dating a supermodel who's great in the sack but we'd still bitch that she can't cook. :panicbutton:

[quote name='Actium' date='30 November 2009 - 04:26 PM' timestamp='1259612818' post='835027']
Some people just need to complain. E.g., We could be dating a supermodel who's great in the sack but we'd still bitch that she can't cook. [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/default/panicbutton.gif[/img]
[/quote]

Don't think people are complaining. Just voicing their opinions on what the Bengals might have to improve to compete deep into the playoffs.

People who drink too much koolaid get offended and then thats when a thread goes off track.

[quote name='BengalsFanFromNY' date='30 November 2009 - 03:32 PM' timestamp='1259613147' post='835031']
Don't think people are complaining. Just voicing their opinions on what the Bengals might have to improve to compete deep into the playoffs.

People who drink too much koolaid get offended and then thats when a thread goes off track.
[/quote]

I'm one of the people doing the bitching. The offense really worries me. But you know what? Let's enjoy this ride. It happens so rarely.

We haven't even clinched a playoff spot yet. Anything can happen; no guarantees; that's why you play the game; etc., etc.

[quote name='Actium' date='30 November 2009 - 04:26 PM' timestamp='1259612818' post='835027']
Some people just need to complain. E.g., We could be dating a supermodel who's great in the sack but we'd still bitch that she can't cook. :panicbutton:
[/quote]

we can eat out every night as long as her supermodel salary is paying. :)

[quote name='Oldcat' date='30 November 2009 - 11:59 AM' timestamp='1259596769' post='834911']
Both the Ravens and Steelers had top ranked offenses before we played them.
[/quote]

This is certainly true. But as you know these ratings and rankings change from game to game, when it's all said and done at the end of the season I think the numbers can say more about how the team compares.

The Bengals haven't been tested against the likes of the Minnesota Vikings, the Saints, the Patriots, or the Colts.

The team has dominated against the division, beating them at the old game.

I am thankful that the Minnesota game is scheduled right where it is. I think it will be a perfectly placed test. One which I think certainly think they can win, but one in which I think they will have to play like a champs to do so.

Farve is leading an Offense that is backed by one of the Best Runners in the League (I hope they coach em up strong on the strip as Peterson likes to fumble) , and a pair of tall lanky wideouts who may pose matchup problems for our "average" sized corners. Percy Harvin could be looking at a rookie of the year award, and has the suddeness to put the fear in a third corner.

Their front four alone on Defense can put serious heat on the Quarterback, and take a tremendous amount of pressure off an effective secondary.

THE LINE MUST HOLD!!!

Look I am not at all complaining about this team I am estatic that we are 8-3 and have had the minimal injuries that we have had, I am just saying that our pass blocking must improve and that the pass game must improve for us to go deep in the playoffs or the sb, and if you cant see that you dont know football.

[quote name='BengalsFanFromNY' date='30 November 2009 - 04:32 PM' timestamp='1259613147' post='835031']

[/quote]

It's pretty pathetic. There are a few posters here who get so pissy when you voice your opinion on the things we hope to see improved because we want the team to win a superbowl. You mention them and your labeled as "complaining", those people need to get a fucking grip.

[quote name='Actium' date='30 November 2009 - 05:26 PM' timestamp='1259612818' post='835027']
[/quote]

and then she may chase you down and beat you with your own golf club !!!!

[quote name='The Scales' date='30 November 2009 - 02:00 PM' timestamp='1259614827' post='835050']
This is certainly true. But as you know these ratings and rankings change from game to game, when it's all said and done at the end of the season I think the numbers can say more about how the team compares.

[/quote]

Pittsburg and Baltimore and Green Bay have put the wood to some pretty good teams. I don't see why this never seems to count for anything to the 'oh but you haven't beat team X' crowd.

Minnesota's a good team. But so are we.

[quote name='Oldcat' date='30 November 2009 - 06:39 PM' timestamp='1259620761' post='835130']
Pittsburg and Baltimore and Green Bay have put the wood to some pretty good teams. I don't see why this never seems to count for anything to the 'oh but you haven't beat team X' crowd.

Minnesota's a good team. [color="#FF0000"]But so are we.[/color]
[/quote]

Who said we weren't?

Random thoughts from things in this thread:

-Offense needs to improve, I agree. Don't think that it requires meltdown mode. They have all the pieces, the coaching, the leadership, the team spirit. Not a major worry. Not the offense of 08.
-No NFC team besides the Saints scares me. Maybe the Vikes, but they have had a piss-easy sked, taken to the wire by one team we swept, beaten by another we swept, and beat up on a third we also beat. If we make it to the SB we have a hell of a chance to win it.
-AFC competition is a lot tougher. No team I think we're incapable of beating but anybody we meet is going to give us a hell of a game. SD particularly is looking beastly.
-I get the feeling either pass blocking improves tremendously this week in practice or Brian Leonard is never inactive again.

[quote name='Oldcat' date='30 November 2009 - 06:57 PM' timestamp='1259621871' post='835144']
Oh, those saying we have NO CHANCE against them maybe?
[/quote]

You certainly didn't see me say that. (No matter how many try to put those words in my mouth.) But then it's not automatic either.

[quote name='Orange 'n Black' date='30 November 2009 - 06:51 PM' timestamp='1259621499' post='835141']
Random thoughts from things in this thread:

-Offense needs to improve, I agree. [color="#FF0000"]Don't think that it requires meltdown mode.[/color] They have all the pieces, the coaching, the leadership, the team spirit. Not a major worry. Not the offense of 08.
-No NFC team besides the Saints scares me. Maybe the Vikes, but they have had a piss-easy sked, taken to the wire by one team we swept, beaten by another we swept, and beat up on a third we also beat. If we make it to the SB we have a hell of a chance to win it.
-AFC competition is a lot tougher. No team I think we're incapable of beating but anybody we meet is going to give us a hell of a game. SD particularly is looking beastly.
-I get the feeling either pass blocking improves tremendously this week in practice or Brian Leonard is never inactive again.
[/quote]

Who's in meltdown mode?

[quote name='Jamie_B' date='30 November 2009 - 07:09 PM' timestamp='1259622551' post='835153']
You certainly didn't see me say that. (No matter how many try to put those words in my mouth.) But then it's not automatic either.
[/quote]

You never said that but the guy you defended above did...

[quote name='Jamie_B' date='30 November 2009 - 04:09 PM' timestamp='1259622551' post='835153']
[/quote]

Who said it was automatic? Nooooo-body.

[quote name='Jamie_B' date='30 November 2009 - 07:15 PM' timestamp='1259622952' post='835157']
He also said Carson Palmer sucks, clearly he is prone to over reaction.
[/quote]

Im just saying, you seem to think that guys on this board attack people for any negative post...but most the times they attacking is done on people that are idiots and make stupid claims like "we have no chance against these teams" or guys like CCC who makes dumb posts trying to be funny, even if he is being overly negative on purpose.

IMHO we do have a pretty serious problem with the medium to deep passing game and its not a little problem. I never thought I would wish for Chris Henry to be back on the field but we do need him or someone of his ability. The reality is if we can't stretch the field we will have a difficult time against any of the top tier teams in the league. I hurt our awesome running game and short passing game.

Basically, we have about 5 weeks to shore up the oline (Smith) and find a deep threat speed receiver who can stretch the field a bit (Simpson?). We do have the pieces in place to do this on paper but it really depends on where these guys are ability wise.

Still, way better than anytime in the last 18 years and that includes 2005 as far as I am concerned. Better, tougher defense by far.

The grass looks pretty good on this side right now.

Archived