Music/MP3/ iPods, etc

Cat

Ok, seeking advice here. I listen to music quite frequently during exercise, commuting, etc.

I have about (slightly more than) 16 gigs worth of music, and currently I use an MP3 player I bought several years ago (1 gig capacity). I have grown tired of replacing tunes all the time when I get bored of the 1 gig that I have on the player. My wife has an iPod Classic that she likes, got at the company Christmas party. It is nice, however, spending $250 + on a music player is not my first choice.

Would another generic type player be a better buy? What is all the hype about iPods over the other MP3 players? Any suggestions?

i have a 32GB ipod touch, its great, wouldnt trade it for anything..

zunes are nice too, just not as flashy and not as many cool other apps and uses.

the menu is great to scroll through and playlists are easy to create and maintain in itunes.

and the battery lasts FOREVER...

shockingly long battery life..

id get a refurb from apple.com or one off ebay though. the refurb has same as new warranty so no risk..

the 16gb ipod NANO is only $179 new... (and comes in bengals like orange)

refurbed 16gb without the video camera is $129

http://store.apple.com/us/browse/home/specialdeals/ipod/ipod_nano

but i bought a 16gb when i had 16gb of music.. now i have about 35GB, and ahve a 32gb one... i want the 64GB... but will wait till the next gen probably..

If you're looking to go cheap you can get a 8GB Zune for $139 at Amazon

If you want more space and style go with the 16GB ZuneHD for $219, you can order from Microsoft and have it engraved for free, I got a 120GB last year engraved with "Cincinnati Bengals Limited Edition" with a tiger on the back.

If you like listening and checking out new music you can get a Zune pass for $15 a month and download as much music as you want to keep your Zune fresh, also you get 10 free songs per month to keep so it's really like paying $5 for the extra music. You can have up to 3 Zunes on your pass, at one time I had mine, my daughter and granddaughter on my account all with our own zunes filled to the tip for $15 per month.

I also take one of my Zunes to the games to listen to radio broadcast while watching the game.

You can check out the ZuneHD at zune.net. Warning tho if you get a Zune your wife will take it and make you buy another one.

[quote name='GoBengals' date='01 December 2009 - 03:47 PM' timestamp='1259696868' post='835737']

[b]the 16gb ipod NANO is only $179 new... (and comes in bengals like orange)[/b]
[/quote]
This is the one I have and I love it. I have 15G of music and a handful of videos on it. I hook it up to my computer speakers at work and the battery lasts all day.

Archived