Just how bad is the Detroit housing market?

CTBengalsFan

There's no doubt that its a buyers market, though. You can save tens of thousands of dollars on a sweet home if you have solid credit and some cash to put down.

I'd like to think that living on a street called "You're Dying Tonight Boulevard" would seriously warrant street sign theft, though.

[quote name='Jason' date='27 December 2009 - 12:50 AM' timestamp='1261889458' post='847633']
The Michigan economy in general, and Detroit in particular have been shitty for years.

Is it a coincidence that both have been under Democrat control for decades? I doubt it.
[/quote]

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1hhJ_49leBw[/media]

[quote name='Jason' date='27 December 2009 - 12:50 AM' timestamp='1261889458' post='847633']
The Michigan economy in general, and Detroit in particular have been shitty for years.

Is it a coincidence that both have been under Democrat control for decades? I doubt it.
[/quote]
C'mon, Jason, you know better. It wouldn't have mattered which party was in control there. Having a major, decaying (which is a decent term to describe the American auto industry versus its competitors until roughly a few years ago) Empire that cannot support itself in spite of massive "look the other ways", "easy credit" and ungodly bailout monies is just unsustainable.

Of course you'll get the corporate greed rebuttal.

It is corporate greed, and it is out of control Unions, and it is democrats, and it is republicans, and it is corrupt and incompetent government, and it is religion, and it is tv, and it is music, and it is education, and it is welfare, but it is ultimately you and me. We're the ones who empower all of that. We the people, are largely hypocrites.

[quote name='BengalBacker' date='27 December 2009 - 01:35 AM' timestamp='1261892131' post='847651']
Of course you'll get the corporate greed rebuttal.

It is corporate greed, and it is out of control Unions, and it is democrats, and it is republicans, and it is corrupt and incompetent government, and it is religion, and it is tv, and it is music, and it is education, and it is welfare, but it is ultimately you and me. We're the ones who empower all of that. We the people, are largely hypocrites.
[/quote]
Pretty much.

• 3 weeks later...

[quote name='GoBengals' date='26 December 2009 - 11:21 PM' timestamp='1261887676' post='847624']
yea that house is in the middle of your fucking dying tonight blvd. and looks old and shitty...

thereshit houses in shitty areas are all over.. there are $12k houses in cincinnati.
[/quote]

"You're dying tonight blvd" :lol: :lol: :lol:

fucking hilairous

Archived