Update: Chad says he'll practice; Tank brakes; Frigid Bowl; Palmer asks for no boos

[quote name='KoKaine7777' date='06 January 2010 - 10:25 AM' timestamp='1262791544' post='852632']
[b]No shit? I don't think people would feel or act different if Chad said no booing because he is Black, they'd be telling him to stfu and play just because he is Chad. With Carson the same people are just too afraid to say that about him. I think they think it will somehow mess his "game" up.

Anyway people who are always saying racecard are the most pathetic racist people anyway.[/b]
[/quote]

In case you didn't notice, this was up for debate before Carson said anything.
There was a thread about it after the Chiefs game. So no, I don't think people
would have reacted differently, regardless of what player said it. You still have
some that think they can and should boo because they paid for their ticket
and the team's performance warrants it. And some who think you are there
to be a supporter and a factor, not a detractor.

Also, in case you didn't notice something else, you have inserted race into a lot
of topics in the past. And racism isn't something that is exclusive to white people.

[quote name='oldschooler' date='06 January 2010 - 11:20 AM' timestamp='1262791249' post='852629']
L-A-M-E
[/quote]

LAME is all your life. All you do all day is copy and paste articles from other sites.

Does Kobe get boo'd when he has a bad night? No because he'll come back the next day and score 35 points.

Does Albert Pujols get bo'd when he goes 0 for 4? No because he'll come back and hit 4 dingers.

Carson and the offense gets boo'd because all year theyhaven't been able to do anything offensively. The Bears game was all Cutler giving us the points like he has to other teams all year long.

[quote name='BengalsFanFromNY' date='06 January 2010 - 10:50 AM' timestamp='1262793031' post='852639']
LAME is all your life. All you do all day is copy and paste articles from other sites.
[/quote]

Yeah Ludwig, that is all I do, all day every day.
I don't even eat. Just copy and paste.

Even if that were true, I actually bring something to this site and
the people here. You? Just an asshat troll.

[quote name='oldschooler' date='06 January 2010 - 11:54 AM' timestamp='1262793255' post='852640']
Yeah Ludwig, that is all I do, all day every day.
I don't even eat. Just copy and paste.

Even if that were true, I actually bring something to this site and
the people here. You? Just an asshat troll.
[/quote]

You don't bring shit to the site. All you do is copy what other people have written and you bitch about anything negative someone might say here about the Bengals. Should these forums be Carebearish for you? Forums are made so that people can express what they think and see. If you don't like someone's opinions then come back in a mature manner then calling people lame. Have a reason to explain why in your head you think what I said was lame.

[i]Yeah you bring something to the site.[/i]

[quote name='BengalsFanFromNY' date='06 January 2010 - 11:50 AM' timestamp='1262793031' post='852639']

Does Kobe get boo'd when he has a bad night? No because he'll come back the next day and score 35 points.

Does Albert Pujols get bo'd when he goes 0 for 4? No because he'll come back and hit 4 dingers.

[b]Carson and the offense gets boo'd because all year theyhaven't been able to do anything offensively. The Bears game was all Cutler giving us the points like he has to other teams all year long.[/b]
[/quote]

:lol: clearly you didn't actually watch the Chicago game. It was 28-0 before Cutler even threw an interception, and he had a pretty good completion percentage in the game. Bengals won the game because the offense dominated the Bears D. Had nothing to do with Cutler.

[quote name='BengalsFanFromNY' date='06 January 2010 - 12:12 PM' timestamp='1262794339' post='852650']
You don't bring shit to the site. All you do is copy what other people have written and you bitch about anything negative someone might say here about the Bengals. Should these forums be Carebearish for you? Forums are made so that people can express what they think and see. If you don't like someone's opinions then come back in a mature manner then calling people lame. Have a reason to explain why in your head you think what I said was lame.

[/quote]

and what do you bring to the site other than a weekly "Carson Palmer sucks!" rant?

[quote name='BengalsFanFromNY' date='06 January 2010 - 11:12 AM' timestamp='1262794339' post='852650']

[/quote]

If you think I bring nothing to the site, put me on ignore.
See how much you like it then.

I called your statement lame.

You think Carson is the reason fans boo and why it is OK if they boo
and think Pats and Colts fans don't because their QB is soooo much better.
After your thread earlier this year about Palmer, I think it is lame. Carson
has Bengals records, Carson has led this team to 2 division titles in 5 seasons.
Carson has been to 2 Pro Bowls. Carson was one of the fastest QBs to throw
for 100 TDs to start his career. I don't think there is much else to say about
why I think your statement was lame, other than it was lame.

I really don't care what you think of me. You think all I do is copy and paste
and bitch, and all I think you do is bitch.

Anyway, are you going to admit to being Ludwig/Jube or whatever other name you had
in the past? I have said something to you several times now about it, but you always ignore it.

[quote name='Hackettj22' date='05 January 2010 - 09:50 PM' timestamp='1262746250' post='852511']
No kidding. Apparently we have to win decisively for people to be happy. If we have 10 total yards at halftime and the score is 0-0, What is wrong with that? Keeping ourselves in every game and giving Carson a chance to win it at the end has worked quite well this year. The people who boo in those situations, in my opinion, simply just don't understand the game and everything that goes into it.
[/quote]

Really? I would see that as the offense wasting a great effort by the defense. And be concerned that the defense would be gassed in the 4th quarter because they were on the field so much in the first half.

[quote name='Actium' date='06 January 2010 - 01:36 PM' timestamp='1262799373' post='852688']
Really? I would see that as the offense wasting a great effort by the defense. And be concerned that the defense would be gassed in the 4th quarter because they were on the field so much in the first half.
[/quote]

How? You know the results of the season. They were 10-6 and 6-2 at home.

Why would you be so concerned about that to a level to boo the home team during the later half of the season or the up coming playoff games when it was proven to be a winning formula?

I'd love to have a No. 1 offense and defense, but at some point the actual results have to count for something.

The support of booing the offense pretty much tells the world what an ignorant fan base we have.

[quote name='scharm' date='06 January 2010 - 12:43 PM' timestamp='1262799798' post='852692']

Why would you be so concerned about that to a level to boo the home team during the later half of the season or the up coming playoff games when it was proven to be a winning formula?

I'd love to have a No. 1 offense and defense, but at some point the actual results have to count for something.

The support of booing the offense pretty much tells the world what an ignorant fan base we have.
[/quote]

with 10 yards of total offense in the first half? their offense was bad, but not that bad. How many yards did they have against the Chiefs?

edited to add: and I didn't support booing in my statement, I was questioning the idea that having only 10 yards of total offense in the half wasn't a problem. Personally I wouldn't go into a game with the intention of booing, but I could see it happening if they play was that terrible.

if booing doesn't help the players perform better, I don't see how it would hurt them either. this seems mostly to be a problem among the fan base. the real problem as it would affect the team is if booing were done when they are on offense, as it could lead to false start penalties and difficulties hearing the plays/audibles.

I think that the whole "Great Booing Debate" is nothing more than fans thinking they have far more to do with the team than they do. It's mostly an ambassadorship thing, showing the viewing public that we are "good fans" who would use only positive displays of fandom, not negative. Carson asking for no boos to me shows he is mostly concerned with having a good crowd with a good image, not a Philly-Lite.

[quote name='Jamie_B' date='06 January 2010 - 11:32 AM' timestamp='1262799172' post='852686']
This is all very simple, if Carson doesnt want them to boo, then go out and preform, otherwise STFU.
[/quote]
Yeah, because a 10-6 record, sweeping the division, and a clinching a playoff berth after finishing 4-11-1 the year before just isn't good enough. :rolleyes:

[quote name='Actium' date='06 January 2010 - 01:36 PM' timestamp='1262799373' post='852688']
[/quote]

Yes, really. Assuming that we stop their run game, which I firmly believe we will, that is the formula to make Sanchez beat us. Why be aggressive and force the issue, possibly risking a turnover, when we don't have to? The formula is simple, make Sanchez beat you. And the Jets getting a turnover, or worse a defensive TD, takes less and less pressure off Sanchez. I said earlier in this thread that in my opinion, the people who boo in that situation just simply don't know enough about football, and you are falling right into that category.

Go back and watch the Cleveland game at home if you have it, the formula is the same, make Mark Sanchez/Brady Quinn beat you.

[quote name='MileHighClub' date='06 January 2010 - 01:44 PM' timestamp='1262799886' post='852695']
Yeah, because a 10-6 record, sweeping the division, and a clinching a playoff berth after finishing 4-11-1 the year before just isn't good enough. :rolleyes:
[/quote]
Well....I'm not satisfied. :closedeyes:

[quote name='scharm' date='06 January 2010 - 01:43 PM' timestamp='1262799798' post='852692']

[b]The support of booing the offense pretty much tells the world what an ignorant fan base we have.[/b]
[/quote]

Unfortunately, this couldn't be any more true. I thought we had a bad fan base as it is, then I hear people on hear try to justify the booing and my thoughts are even worse. It's sad.

The Defense is the only reason this team is 10-6. If we had a 16th ranked D we wouldn't be in the playoffs. Plain and Simple...the D has carried this team. The offense has put way too much pressure on the D this year and the D has handled it very well. Against high offensive outputs we are in trouble because our Offense can't sustain, there for leaving the margin of error tiny for our D.

[quote name='MileHighClub' date='06 January 2010 - 01:44 PM' timestamp='1262799886' post='852695']
[/quote]

blah blah blah 10-6, sweep blah blah, clinch blah blah

Who isnt happy about that? Nobody has made any argument against that and nobody is booing about being in the playoffs (what a silly statement)

If you cant understand that people see an O that has under-preformed to their talent level and are booing them due to that then I dont know what to say to you. People booed the Chiefs game because they got great field position and couldnt get into the endzone against a team that the last place Browns had just put up 41 points against (are you telling me the Browns have a better O than we do?). And spare the the strawman argument that this is our style of football. Nobody plays a style of football that they want to keep the other team in it. Nobody cares if this is a run first or pass first team, they care that the O is underpreforming.

[quote name='Actium' date='06 January 2010 - 01:44 PM' timestamp='1262799866' post='852694']
with 10 yards of total offense in the first half? their offense was bad, but not that bad. How many yards did they have against the Chiefs?
[/quote]

They are proven winners this season. The style of football is in fact a proven winning method.

Booing is a statement of ignorance on this fan base under this seasons circumstances. The reason being is Cincinnati fans can understand winning with running game/defense apparently. Sad.

[quote name='Hackettj22' date='06 January 2010 - 12:45 PM' timestamp='1262799934' post='852696']
Yes, really. Assuming that we stop their run game, which I firmly believe we will, that is the formula to make Sanchez beat us. Why be aggressive and force the issue, possibly risking a turnover, when we don't have to? The formula is simple, make Sanchez beat you. And the Jets getting a turnover, or worse a defensive TD, takes less and less pressure off Sanchez. I said earlier in this thread that in my opinion, the people who boo in that situation just simply don't know enough about football, and you are falling right into that category.

Go back and watch the Cleveland game at home if you have it, the formula is the same, make Mark Sanchez/Brady Quinn beat you.
[/quote]

I never pretended to be a fan with an intimate knowledge of the game. I don't question that stout defense and a solid running game helps you win. The difference between that scenario and the one you presented is that 10 yards of total offense means there isn't a solid running game. It means a bunch of 3 and outs. Any defense is going to eventually struggle if they are on the field that much.

Maybe I am ignorant. That really doesn't hurt my feelings. I don't get paid to analyze or follow this team. I do it for fun. For those who like to crunch numbers and role-play as a coach, more power to you. I'm not even going to be at the game so "to boo or not to boo, that is the question" has no bearing on me. I just find this whole topic to be full of "sound and fury, signifying nothing." I don't know why I went on the Shakespeare tangent at the end there.

Who Dey!

[quote name='Jamie_B' date='06 January 2010 - 01:50 PM' timestamp='1262800259' post='852701']
blah blah blah 10-6, sweep blah blah, clinch blah blah

Who isnt happy about that? Nobody has made any argument against that and nobody is booing about being in the playoffs (what a silly statement)

If you cant understand that people see an O that has under-preformed to their talent level and are booing them due to that then I dont know what to say to you. People booed the Chiefs game because they got great field position and couldnt get into the endzone against a team that the last place Browns had just put up 41 points against. And spare the the strawman argument that this is out style of football. Nobody plays a style of football that they want to keep the other team in it. Nobody cares if this is a run first or pass first team, they care that the O is underpreforming.
[/quote]

I would say the people booing at home games are the ones not happy about it. How is that even a question?

Everyone understands a struggling offense and it being the weak point and concern for it being better as a key to moving through the playoffs.

Point being - Don't be a bitch if you are going to the games. People booed at the Chiefs game because they are a bunch of dumbasses that don't really understand football games can be won other than throwing for 300 yards.

What's the differnece between 3-3 or 21-21 halftime score? Nothing as it relates to winning. There is the ignorance in booing. If you are booing a winning team that isn't loosing then that's the proof that a segment of fans do care wether it is pass first or run first or they wouldn't be booing, duh.

[quote name='Jamie_B' date='06 January 2010 - 12:50 PM' timestamp='1262800259' post='852701']
If you cant understand that people see an O that has under-preformed to their talent level and are booing them due to that then I dont know what to say to you. People booed the Chiefs game because they got great field position and couldnt get into the endzone against a team that the last place Browns had just put up 41 points against (are you telling me the Browns have a better O than we do?). And spare the the strawman argument that this is our style of football. Nobody plays a style of football that they want to keep the other team in it. Nobody cares if this is a run first or pass first team, they care that the O is underpreforming.
[/quote]

So how exactly does booing make them perform up to your expectations?

Home field is supposed to be some sort of advantage. If you think booing the
home team, for any reason, aids in that advantage, then you are mistaken.
Again, the 12th man is supposed to make it harder on the other teams Offense,
not show their disdain for the home team's Offense. You are taking the
factor of being a supporter away from the team, and becoming a detractor.
Which means you are taking away the home field advantage.

The Stealers and Ravens have won with this brand of football for years.
Now the Bengals do it, and fans want to act like they have reasons to boo.

When did Bengals fans start thinking it was OK to boo any brand of WINNING football?
When did they think they can bitch, moan and boo because of style points?

[quote name='oldschooler' date='06 January 2010 - 11:36 AM' timestamp='1262792208' post='852635']
In case you didn't notice, this was up for debate before Carson said anything.
There was a thread about it after the Chiefs game. So no, I don't think people
would have reacted differently, regardless of what player said it. You still have
some that think they can and should boo because they paid for their ticket
and the team's performance warrants it. And some who think you are there
to be a supporter and a factor, not a detractor.

Also, in case you didn't notice something else, you have inserted race into a lot
of topics in the past. And racism isn't something that is exclusive to white people.
[/quote]

[b]You read race into things I say. That's your own issue and your way with dealing and or not dealing with the issue at hand. As far as being exclusive who ever mentioned that? Again these are things some of you interject on your own.

But anyway, I standby what I said. Personally I don't boo because I've played the game and know that no matter the results the team is putting up an effort. Nevermind last Sunday..[img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif[/img][/b]

Archived