The NEW Tecmo Bowl.....see the trailer....

oldschooler

I have Tecmo Bowl for the DS and at first I wished it had the licenses to have everything official. But once I got everything manually changed to actual players and pretty darn close in colors, I love it now. I can update player movements easily. Antonio Bryant is already on the Bengals for me.

[quote name='IKOTA' date='31 March 2010 - 01:25 PM' timestamp='1270059940' post='874266']
Anyone know when this is available on the Playstation Network?
[/quote]

Just says Spring 2010

[url="http://boardsus.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-Network-Downloadable/Tecmo-Bowl-Throwback-coming-to-PSN/td-p/45332018"]http://boardsus.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-Network-Downloadable/Tecmo-Bowl-Throwback-coming-to-PSN/td-p/45332018[/url]

Couldn't they have spiffied up the graphics a little? It looks too much like the older versions...which in terms of today's graphics rendering, make the game look like one of those old electric football table games with guys buzzing around on the vibrating metal surface...

[quote name='Bunghole' date='31 March 2010 - 12:44 PM' timestamp='1270064657' post='874302']
Couldn't they have spiffied up the graphics a little? It looks too much like the older versions...which in terms of today's graphics rendering, make the game look like one of those old electric football table games with guys buzzing around on the vibrating metal surface...
[/quote]

It's not about the graphics, it's about the game.

[quote name='sois' date='31 March 2010 - 03:45 PM' timestamp='1270064732' post='874304']
It's not about the graphics, it's about the game.
[/quote]

Maybe so, but to me those two things go hand in hand. One enhances the other.

[quote name='Bunghole' date='31 March 2010 - 01:53 PM' timestamp='1270068793' post='874322']
Maybe so, but to me those two things go hand in hand. One enhances the other.
[/quote]

That's a sad way to be.

[quote name='sois' date='31 March 2010 - 04:54 PM' timestamp='1270068888' post='874324']
That's a sad way to be.
[/quote]

Not really man. Different strokes and all that. I bought a capable PC for a reason...I want to play cutting-edge games with awesome graphics. Actually, I own a Wii for the very reason that you ascribe to as well...fun gameplay regardless of graphics.

So, its not always like that for me. But that Tecmo Bowl just looks...dated to me. I much prefer Madden.

But hey, whatever you like!

[quote name='BENGALS666' date='31 March 2010 - 08:44 PM' timestamp='1270093472' post='874401']
I love me some Techmo.. - Fulcher on D and drumroll please.... Harold Green on offense...
[/quote]

Fulcher is so awesome on Tecmo. Best in the game.

Archived