2010 Reds gameday thread!

JBandJoeyV

[quote name='CJandRudiJ' date='27 April 2010 - 10:08 PM' timestamp='1272424103' post='884506']
Clutch as fuck? He had a game winning hit in the last game, then in a game earlier in the season he got an rbi on a walk with a one run lead.

Besides that name one other time he was clutch as fuck?
[/quote]

we have 9 wins on the season and 3 of them off the top of my head have come because of him getting big time hits with runners on and 2 out late in the game to take the lead. he also was 2nd on the team in hitting with RISP last year. dude is clutch.

It was actually only two games and one of those was a walk (still clutch since it knocked the game winning run in) but he has 1 game winning hit on the season, lets not act likes hes been clutch as fuck this year.

This year, albeit in only a 10 game span, he is hitting .182 with RISP, and .125 with RISP with less then 2 outs.

[quote name='CJandRudiJ' date='28 April 2010 - 11:28 AM' timestamp='1272472133' post='884649']
It was actually only two games and one of those was a walk (still clutch since it knocked the game winning run in) but he has 1 game winning hit on the season, lets not act likes hes been clutch as fuck this year.

This year, albeit in only a 10 game span, he is hitting .182 with RISP, and .125 with RISP with less then 2 outs.
[/quote]

he's had 3 games he had a hit late in the game, i didnt say the last inning.

How bout that. It is the Astros, but hey! The Climb towards the pennant is on.

Gotta get these bats working somehow - seems like everyone is low .200 or worse.

AHHHHHHHHHHHH. :2dedhorse:

Lets get a witch to cast a spell. I'd perfer a good witch like Glenda - only my prefernce though not saying stone.

[quote name='ThurmanMunster' date='28 April 2010 - 11:08 PM' timestamp='1272510515' post='884769']
he's had 3 games he had a hit late in the game, i didnt say the last inning.
[/quote]

Wow now you are calling just getting a hit late in a game clutch as fuck?

Im not trying to rip on Ramon, but come on man.

But anyways, 3 wins in a row for the reds, hope the pitching staff can keep it up, maybe get a couple solid starts out of Homer and Johnny.

[quote name='The Scales' date='28 April 2010 - 11:09 PM' timestamp='1272510570' post='884770']
How bout that. It is the Astros, but hey! The Climb towards the pennant is on.

Gotta get these bats working somehow - seems like everyone is low .200 or worse.

AHHHHHHHHHHHH. :2dedhorse:

Lets get a witch to cast a spell. I'd perfer a good witch like Glenda - only my prefernce though not saying stone.
[/quote]

The impressive thing about our hitting is that we are middle of the pack in runs scored even though none of our players have really been hitting well...

[quote name='CJandRudiJ' date='28 April 2010 - 11:39 PM' timestamp='1272512370' post='884775']
The impressive thing about our hitting is that we are middle of the pack in runs scored even though none of our players have really been hitting well...
[/quote]

How can that be?

Dear Dusty Baker,

If all is welll and the game is close please leave Homer and Bronson A. in so they can get some wins on their records.

Does anyone else besides me think Homer B. can be a 20 game winner type guy?

[font="Georgia"][b][size="7"]F O C U S[/size][/b][/font]

[quote name='The Scales' date='29 April 2010 - 10:42 AM' timestamp='1272552124' post='884835']
How can that be?

Dear Dusty Baker,

If all is welll and the game is close please leave Homer and Bronson A. in so they can get some wins on their records.

Does anyone else besides me think Homer B. can be a 20 game winner type guy?

[font="Georgia"][b][size="7"]F O C U S[/size][/b][/font]
[/quote]

If he starts pitching like he did at the end of 2009...

WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

.500 hundred record and Second Place in the Division. Not bad. Could be better.

Just keep chopping lumber.

Its a marathon not a sprint.

Take it one game at a time.

Uhm... Ive run out of cliches.

Jorge Cantu is second in the League in RBIs now why didn't they keep that guy when he was here for a bit? I think RBIs are a good thing. 2 out RBIs are even better.

ROLEN > E.E

[quote name='CJandRudiJ' date='28 April 2010 - 10:34 PM' timestamp='1272512061' post='884774']
Wow now you are calling just getting a hit late in a game clutch as fuck?

Im not trying to rip on Ramon, but come on man.

But anyways, 3 wins in a row for the reds, hope the pitching staff can keep it up, maybe get a couple solid starts out of Homer and Johnny.
[/quote]

i meant hitting late in the game with RISP. thats clutch.

[quote name='ThurmanMunster' date='29 April 2010 - 11:03 PM' timestamp='1272596604' post='885056']
i meant hitting late in the game with RISP. thats clutch.
[/quote]

Whatever...4 game winning streak, thats all i care about right now.

Hopefully Johnny and Homer can keep it going.

[quote name='CJandRudiJ' date='29 April 2010 - 11:36 PM' timestamp='1272598590' post='885060']
Whatever...4 game winning streak, thats all i care about right now.

Hopefully Johnny and Homer can keep it going.
[/quote]

My hope is a shriveled, evil and black little thing. Its going to take some doing to revive it. A baseball lawn sprinkler set on "soak". I'm not going to get sucked in again. Let's see where we are around the All-Star break...

After like 7 hours the reds win, 5 in a row!

Good start by Cueto, probably coulda gone 6 or 7 if it werent for the rain delay. Great job by the bullpen though to pitch 4 scoreless innings.

Rolen with a few nice defensive plays to win the game, probably arent made without a great defensive 3rd baseman.

ps jay bruce is en fuego

[quote name='ThurmanMunster' date='02 May 2010 - 03:28 PM' timestamp='1272828496' post='885518']
Is this ump born/raised in STL? When we bat it is a massive strikezone and when we pitch the strikezone doesn't exist.
[/quote]

I was thinking the same thing.

[quote name='CJandRudiJ' date='02 May 2010 - 02:41 PM' timestamp='1272829265' post='885519']
I was thinking the same thing.
[/quote]

Harang has to throw right down the fucking middle of the plate belt high or it is a ball. And if he doesnt pitch anymore he has a quality start. That is very impressive considering this shitty ump.

The game was close until the bullpen came in and made sure the Reds wouldn't have a chance to come back.

Note to Reds pitchers: go after the guy ahead of Pujols so you don't have to pitch to him with the bases loaded.

[quote name='CTA513' date='02 May 2010 - 04:33 PM' timestamp='1272832415' post='885528']
The game was close until the bullpen came in and made sure the Reds wouldn't have a chance to come back.

Note to Reds pitchers: go after the guy ahead of Pujols so you don't have to pitch to him with the bases loaded.
[/quote]

Absolutely no reason the guy in front of Pujols should ever be walked, and weve done that multiple times this series.

[quote name='CTA513' date='02 May 2010 - 03:33 PM' timestamp='1272832415' post='885528']

[/quote]

id rather walk pujols and give up the run lol

Chris Heisey will be making his major league debut tonight in right field.
He was brought up a few days ago after Dickerson broke a bone in his wrist.
Who knows how he'll do since he wasn't really tearing it up at AAA, but neither was anyone else.

Archived