Fantasy Football Help Guide

What I'd like to do is start a thread that will serve as a helpful hand when doing our fantasy football drafts this year. I'm sure not all of us have the time or desire to do extensive research on every team in the NFL. However, collecively, we could probably get a lot accomplished by posting tidbits we hear, read, know from our various sources. Posting sleepers (with exceptional reason), injury progressions from last year would be extra helpful.

First, and take this how you will, but I was chatting with a die hard Bears fan the other day and he said he could easily see Chester Taylor outperform Matt Forte this year. His reason was their new OC likes to throw and Taylor is more of a receiving back who will be in on third downs. How much of that holds water? I don't know. Was Martz the OC when Faulk went for over 1000 rushing and receiving? I can't recall.

I'll have much more to offer as time progresses but though I'd start this just in case I hit up on anything over the weekend.

As most everyone knows, Wes Welker is rated extremly low because of his injury (Yahoo! Rankings). Does anyone know the status of his knee yet? I keep grabbing him for my #3 in nearly every draft.

DeAngelo Williams or Jon Stewart?

Owen Daniels' injury progression?

LT or Greene?

Sidney Rice's injury?

Anyone know any specifics about any of these????

Regarding Welker, while he has been a partial participant in practice in the early going, it looks like he's a long way from being himself. Basically, much slower, not as smooth, and rounding off corners and routes. He's got a ways to go before he will be able to take on actual contact.

Once he comes back, if he's like all the other post ACL-tear skills guys, he will not be anywhere near as productive his first year back. Given that Welker's bread and butter is his quickness and elusiveness, those 4 year dump offs may end up 5 yards instead of 12.

Keep an eye on the Rice injury, if its still bothering him into preseason, I would be selling.

I think there are enough touches to go around in Carolina for both RB's but Williams is still the 1A and Stew the 1B.

Not going near Daniels, this is his 3rd ACL injury, he could be done.

• 4 weeks later...
[quote name='BrassBengal' timestamp='1281571484' post='904865']
Lol
2005-2006 champ....what happened in 2007

Storm, I have to join a league you are in.....its been a while

Final

(1) BrassBengal178.00

(3) Storm147.00

BTW also the 2009 GB $10 league champ
[/quote]

I was banned from GBs in 08, since then I have been in a FF quandry, finishing in 2nd place in every pay league I've been in, at least I can get to the money lol

[quote name='Storm' timestamp='1281622734' post='904972']
I was banned from GBs in 08, since then I have been in a FF quandry, finishing in 2nd place in every pay league I've been in, at least I can get to the money lol
[/quote]

Ha....well shoot me a PM if you are in a league looking for someone....always up for a serious league

Jeremichal Finley or Greg Olsen.

Finley should be Aaron Rodgers number 1 tight end and Greg Olsen has been said to be very involved in Martz's gunslinging offense. I only wanna keep one tight end on roster. Which one should I keep. I know Olsen was a favorite target of Cutlers. I don't know much about Finley.

I'm trading Vince Young for Reggie Bush. I have Brees and Roethlisburger for QB's and I'm going to drop Carson to pick up either Julian Edelman, Mike Williams from Tampa, Marshawn Lynch, or Donald Brown.

My running backs are Ryan Matthews, Jamal Charles, Jerome Harrison, and soon to be Reggie Bush.

For my WR's I have Desean Jackson, Wes Welker, Percy Harvin, Johnny Knox (who I think will be excellent), and Mike Wallace who is a bigtime sleeper.

I've been going the Greg Jennings route lately in my drafts. Usually been my 3rd rounder in a 12 man league (I pick #5). Gore, Peyton Manning, Jennings. Pretty strong 3 if I can get Manning in round #2 on the way back... which has been happening A LOT. Everyone is WR crazy these days.

• 2 weeks later...
Mike Wallace

Or

Mike Williams (Tampa Bay, Syracuse headcase)

I like Mike Wallace because he is going to be the new Santonio in their offense and he just burns people. Could have a huge second year.

I like Mike Williams because the guy is going to be a number 1 threat and is playing like it this preseason. 3 catches for 83 yards tonight. Dude is going to get a lot of balls thrown his way. No one in my league has an idea who the fuck he is, but once the season starts..I have a feeling they will.

[quote name='JC' timestamp='1283054425' post='911262']
Mike Wallace

Or

Mike Williams (Tampa Bay, Syracuse headcase)

I like Mike Wallace because he is going to be the new Santonio in their offense and he just burns people. Could have a huge second year.

I like Mike Williams because the guy is going to be a number 1 threat and is playing like it this preseason. 3 catches for 83 yards tonight. Dude is going to get a lot of balls thrown his way. No one in my league has an idea who the fuck he is, but once the season starts..I have a feeling they will.
[/quote]
Wallace shouldn't even be on your draft board. I refuse to draft division foes. It will ruin my football experience for the year.

Mike Williams!

[quote name='Tigris' timestamp='1283091371' post='911324']
Wallace shouldn't even be on your draft board. [b]I refuse to draft division foes. It will ruin my football experience for the year.
[/b]
Mike Williams!
[/quote]

So, your wideouts are TO, Chad and Shipley?

:)

[quote name='Tigris' timestamp='1283091371' post='911324']
Wallace shouldn't even be on your draft board. I refuse to draft division foes. It will ruin my football experience for the year.

Mike Williams!
[/quote]
Autodraft.

Trust me..it was a completely muffed situation. Was supposed to be a live draft, got tricked into auto. Wasn't happy.

[quote name='JC' timestamp='1283269828' post='912094']
So I'm in a fourteen team league.

What round minimum should I put on Arian Foster? What kind of impact will Justin Forsett have, especially with Leon Washington there now?
[/quote]

In a fourteen team league he'll be 4th round, early... the ADP on him in a 12 team is start of 5th... with 2 additional picks in rounds 1-3 that alone moves him up a 1/2 round. If you see him there mid to late 4th grab the dude up.

Archived