4th round:[b] Justin Boren, OG, Ohio State [/b]
5th round:[b] Casey Matthews, ILB, Oregon [/b]
6th round:[b] Stanley Havili, FB, USC [/b]
7th round:[b] Dane Sanzenbacher, WR, Ohio State [/b]

If Green is there, I love it.

I'm not sure I see us drafting 2 ILBs.

Our 6th round pick was Reggie Nelson.

Sanzenbacher may go before 7.

I like Boren but given our recent record of drafting Buckeyes (or, more to the point, not) I doubt it.

no dlineman, really?

No way Sanzenbacher goes that low. IMO he won't make it past the 3rd. Love the pick though.

I have nothing against AJ Green, but I just don't see a huge drop off from him to someone like Austin Pettis in the 2nd or Terrance Tolliver in the 3rd.

IMO, while we need a replacement if Chad goes, there's bigger needs with the first round pick.

also don't get all the LB's. Like Greg Jones, but we're in need of a SLB, not another WLB.

no dlineman, really?

[color="#8B0000"]How many sack does Jason Pierre-Paul and Derrick Morgan both DE 1st round picks in 2010 have? A. 1.5!
How about 2009 drafted DE Tyson Jackson, Aaron Maybin and Larry English? A. Career total of 2.5
I like Carlos Dunlap, Michael Johnson and Antwan Odom.[/color]

No way Sanzenbacher goes that low. IMO he won't make it past the 3rd. Love the pick though.

[color="#8B0000"]He has a 7th round grade on CBS sports and that with out the Jr's![/color]
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/prospectrankings/TSX/2011_WR

I have nothing against AJ Green, but I just don't see a huge drop off from him to someone like Austin Pettis in the 2nd or Terrance Tolliver in the 3rd.

[color="#8B0000"]You are out of you mind!!!!! [/color]
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FKTm9oFWJNg[/media]

IMO, while we need a replacement if Chad goes, there's bigger needs with the first round pick.

[color="#8B0000"]TO 36 going on 37, Chad is 32 and both can become free agents next year. How is that not a big need?
Jerome Simpson, Andre Caldwell and Jordan Shipley in 3 WR set! My nightmare!![/color] :panicbutton:
also don't get all the LB's. Like Greg Jones, but we're in need of a SLB, not another WLB.

[color="#8B0000"]Greg Jones is good in zone coverage, Maualuga not so much. Now I love Maualuga but I like him as a SLB. Casey Matthews is my steal of the draft. He has great bloodlines with his dad being a NFL great and his brother leading the NFL in sacks. I also see him as a OLB. [/color]

[quote name='Bengals1181' timestamp='1289479114' post='939881']
Maualuga is horribly out of position at SLB.

Dunlap and MJ are all potential, no substance right now.

[b]Odom is an unknown. Seems to be a shell of his former self at the moment.[/b]

Sanzenbacher will go much higher than that. Count on it.
[/quote]

Odom never was all that to begin with. He had one great game against a scrub.

I do agree that DE is high on my list, and likely the first round pick, but no way I pass on AJ Green if he's there.

[quote name='Jason' timestamp='1289482703' post='939894']
Odom never was all that to begin with. He had one great game against a scrub.

I do agree that DE is high on my list, and likely the first round pick, but no way I pass on AJ Green if he's there.
[/quote]

I guess I just view it based on the depth of the positions. There's A LOT of big, physical, TO like WR's in this year's draft

AJ Green
Julio Jones
Jonathan Baldwin
Armon Binns
Terrance Tolliver
Michael Floyd
Austin Pettis
Leonard Hankerson
Greg Little
DeAndre Brown
Jarvis Williams

Now don't get me wrong, some on that list are much more talented than others. However do you pass up a potentially dominant pass rusher for a WR when its a deep WR class?

Another way to think about it, if you could steal Justin Tuck or Hakeem Nicks from the Giants, which one do you choose?

Also Jason, I know you like Michael Floyd. Would you take him in the 2nd if you could get a dominant player at another position in the first?

Love the AJ pick... him or Julio would be awesome.... but wouldn't complain if they took someone like DaQuan Bowers out of Clemson or Robert Quinn from NC.... both are stud DE's that can get to the QB...
Jones in the second would also be awesome.... he is a playmaker big time....

I actually like it all... but as said before Sanzenbacher will go much higher....

props on the mock.... hell the first two picks would make it a successful draft.... As long as the o-line is addressed in FA or something....

Would prefer one of the stud ends in round 1 but could live with Green. A lot of people are saying he's the best WR prospect since Calvin Johnson. Great size, good speed, great hands. Don't know a lot about his route running or character.

I do not like the Greg Jones pick. He has not been having a good season and he doesn't fill a position of need. Rey is the mike next year and Rivers is the will. Those are the only positions he can play in the NFL.

[quote name='Bengals1181' timestamp='1289484560' post='939901']
I guess I just view it based on the depth of the positions. There's A LOT of big, physical, TO like WR's in this year's draft

AJ Green
Julio Jones
Jonathan Baldwin
Armon Binns
Terrance Tolliver
Michael Floyd
Austin Pettis
Leonard Hankerson
Greg Little
DeAndre Brown
Jarvis Williams

Now don't get me wrong, some on that list are much more talented than others. However do you pass up a potentially dominant pass rusher for a WR when its a deep WR class?

Another way to think about it, if you could steal Justin Tuck or Hakeem Nicks from the Giants, which one do you choose?

Also Jason, I know you like Michael Floyd. Would you take him in the 2nd if you could get a dominant player at another position in the first?
[/quote]

It's a tough call, no doubt. But I think you also have to stay true to your draft board. I see DE and WR both as needs. I also have AJ Green rated higher than any of this year's DE crop. Green is one of the top 3 or 4 overall WR prospects to come out in the past 15 years. As a prospect I have him in the same class as Randy Moss, Calvin Johnson and Larry Fitzgerald. And AJ is the ONLY WR I would take over Quinn or Bowers.

If I were just looking at this year, I'd take Tuck. But next year? I'll honestly be surprised if TO is back, and Chad doesn't seem to be the same player. I love Shipley, but he's not a #1. I think we have more "future potential" on our roster at DE now than we do WR.

[quote name='CrazyIrishman5' timestamp='1289461863' post='939873']
no dlineman, really?

[color="#8B0000"]How many sack does Jason Pierre-Paul and Derrick Morgan both DE 1st round picks in 2010 have? A. 1.5!
How about 2009 drafted DE Tyson Jackson, Aaron Maybin and Larry English? A. Career total of 2.5
I like Carlos Dunlap, Michael Johnson and Antwan Odom.[/color]

[color="#8B0000"]He has a 7th round grade on CBS sports and that with out the Jr's![/color]
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/prospectrankings/TSX/2011_WR

[color="#8B0000"]You are out of you mind!!!!! [/color]

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FKTm9oFWJNg[/media]

[color="#8B0000"]TO 36 going on 37, Chad is 32 and both can become free agents next year. How is that not a big need?
Jerome Simpson, Andre Caldwell and Jordan Shipley in 3 WR set! My nightmare!![/color] :panicbutton:

[color="#8B0000"]Greg Jones is good in zone coverage, Maualuga not so much. Now I love Maualuga but I like him as a SLB. Casey Matthews is my steal of the draft. He has great bloodlines with his dad being a NFL great and his brother leading the NFL in sacks. I also see him as a OLB. [/color]
[/quote]

Reminds me A LOT of the way Chad plays....

Archived