SIGN MICHAEL VICK!

[quote name='CTBengalsFan' timestamp='1289941783' post='942118']
Heh what an ignorant thing to say. The man has paid for his crimes, has turned his life around and I'm sure does a whole lot more for charity than you. Pretty sad to hold a grudge against someone you don't know for doing something that didn't affect you (or even another HUMAN).

And Missya15, you can like Chris Henry, but Vick is a goon? Squirrl, how come you didn't turn in your Bengals card over Henry?
[/quote]

Listen guy, the ability to recognize and prevent unjust suffering is one of the few things that separates us from the rest of living creatures. Vick ordered needless, vile, disgusting torture and killing of helpless dogs who have done nothing wrong but under perform in the sport of killing one another. Fighting dogs and gambling on it is one thing, having them drowned, electrocuted, or hanged in your presence is another. A dog has no recourse, no options, no say in the matter. Its life was manipulated from the beginning, it was praised for being brutal and murdered for not being brutal enough. Any HUMAN who can't recognize this is no longer considered a human by me.

He did serve his time and has every right under the American legal system to work and make a life for himself. But he has proven himself less than human and I stand by my remarks.

Sure, he's "paid his debt" and from a legal standpoint can go about his life. That doesn't mean being an NFL star QB and celebrity. Nobody is entitled to that, and when a person does something as psychotic as torture an animal then I am no longer a fan (not that I was much of a Vick fan to begin with.)

If he came to the Bengals that'd be it for me.. People trying to draw a comparison between him and Jones or Henry are reaching.. Those guys may have done dumb shit, even endangered people. They didn't hang around with their crew an electrocute dogs. If you can't see the difference between a DUI and taking pleasure in torturing animals there's no point trying to explain it..

So yeah, he served his time. Great, let him get a job like everyone else. FFS, if someone served their time for rape does that mean you're morally obligated to hire them as a babysitter? I mean, they've payed their debt to society, why are you being so judgemental?

Gimme a fuckin' break with that horseshit.. Vick is a piece of shit no matter how fast he runs. End of story.

[quote name='CJandTO' timestamp='1289942637' post='942121']
Henry drank, and smoked drugs, and I think got a dui which is bad cause he put lives in danger.

But he never purposely did anything to be a bad person. Killing dogs is a lot worse
then being busted for drugs or alcohol.
[/quote]
8 Game Suspension - Chris Henry (6 offenses)

- Cited - three traffic charges, driving with a suspended license

- Arrested - marijuana possession

- Arrested - concealed weapons charges

- Arrested - DUI

- Arrested - providing alcohol to minors

- Arrested - assault and disorderly conduct

Anybody waving a loaded gun at someone (human being not a dog) is probably not someone you need to use to try and make a point. I do agree Vick is a disgusting POS. Torturing and killing dogs is fucked up.

[quote name='Squirrlnutz' timestamp='1289962060' post='942212']
Listen guy, the ability to recognize and prevent unjust suffering is one of the few things that separates us from the rest of living creatures. Vick ordered needless, vile, disgusting torture and killing of helpless dogs who have done nothing wrong but under perform in the sport of killing one another. Fighting dogs and gambling on it is one thing, having them drowned, electrocuted, or hanged in your presence is another. A dog has no recourse, no options, no say in the matter. Its life was manipulated from the beginning, it was praised for being brutal and murdered for not being brutal enough. Any HUMAN who can't recognize this is no longer considered a human by me.

He did serve his time and has every right under the American legal system to work and make a life for himself. But he has proven himself less than human and I stand by my remarks.
[/quote]

gonna have to give this post the ol' + 1

Archived