Josh mcdaniels fired

[quote name='scharm' timestamp='1291757002' post='948799']
I think that exactly. The tone of the conversation was next year and someone questioning the concern over Andre Smith for next year.

Dennis Roland is a nice find from the undrafted ranks. Probably has a nice career ahead of him as a bottom tier starter or back up. You compare Andre's film to Dennis you don't see that much difference in pass pro.

The excuse made for Smith is injury and lack of professionalism. In Andre's amount of snaps preseason/regular season his QB pressures, holding calls, and sacks give up aren't top 10 pick material and are very much on par with Dennis Roland.

All Dennis Roland did is save us from completely being fucked by the flop that has been Andre.
[/quote]

Roland definitely saved our ass last year and I'm not going to argue against you if you believe Andre has no promise and is as good as Roland and needs to be upgraded. I just chimed in to say that:

A. If we also need to upgrade Andre I don't believe a one year turn around is possible
B. I think we go forward, rightfully so, with Andre penciled in as the RT for next year.

[quote name='Bengals1181' timestamp='1291757207' post='948801']
where did I ever say he was a pro bowler?

There's a difference between being a great player and playing great over a stretch of games. I said the latter, and you're trying to force the former on my post.

Learn common sense and come back and join us.
[/quote]

Andre is did neither. So what's your point exactly? Then with all your great common sense please relate that back to your first assertion concerning Andre Smith and next year.

[quote name='Squirrlnutz' timestamp='1291757223' post='948802']
Roland definitely saved our ass last year and I'm not going to argue against you if you believe Andre has no promise and is as good as Roland and needs to be upgraded. I just chimed in to say that:

A. If we also need to upgrade Andre I don't believe a one year turn around is possible
B. I think we go forward, rightfully so, with Andre penciled in as the RT for next year.
[/quote]

I think Andre has all the promise in the world.

I don't think any coach pencils Andre into anything. I never read a time table on his return. I think given past history his condition once rehab is over will be concerning. I think given his past history his maintaining conditioning up until training camp will be a concern. Then it is 2 injuries in 2 seasons.

I think we will see Andre in a battle for a starting job come Georgetown. If Andre handles his business and gets some injury luck it will be a short competition. But history has shown us the Dennis Roland's hang around far too often. So there has to be something these coaches don't like.

[quote name='scharm' timestamp='1291757768' post='948803']
Andre is did neither. So what's your point exactly? Then with all your great common sense please relate that back to your first assertion concerning Andre Smith and next year.
[/quote]

what, is basic english too much for you?

Andre was "playing great" in the games leading up to his injury.

If he comes back in reasonable shape next year, the oline can be an easy fix. Add Anthony Collins to the starting lineup at LG, find a RG through draft or free agency.

Oline's much better in 2011.

It wasn't exactly a Quantum Physics question.

[quote name='Bengals1181' timestamp='1291758106' post='948807']
what, is basic english too much for you?

Andre was "playing great" in the games leading up to his injury.

If he comes back in reasonable shape next year, the oline can be an easy fix. Add Anthony Collins to the starting lineup at LG, find a RG through draft or free agency.

Oline's much better in 2011.

It wasn't exactly a Quantum Physics question.
[/quote]

Like we started off. No. Andre has never played "great" in his bengal career. We all saw glimpses of potential. Great tackles don't get pulled in game they are supposedly playing "great" in.

All the other shit after that is just too funny. How is "if he comes back in reasonable shape" not a huge concern?????? Didn't you just above try to conclude that Andre Smith was playing "great" against Lamar Woodley and perhaps it was stamina that got him pulled? What week of the NFL season was this?

Seriously Andre Smith was on the field running the first day of TC in Georgetown. I think you are taking liberties with the term "great" and quite frankly are full of shit. He played adequate in a series of snaps at times this season. That statement is much more closer to the truth.

He's no different than Pat Sims wowing people at times during 2008.

[quote name='scharm' timestamp='1291758364' post='948811']
Like we started off. No. Andre has never played "great" in his bengal career. We all saw glimpses of potential. Great tackles don't get pulled in game they are supposedly playing "great" in.

All the other shit after that is just too funny.
[/quote]

well I for one will be up all night at the thought that we disagree.

The funny thing is that you're putting anything past this coaching staff after some of the decisions they've made.

[quote]I'm hoping it was stamina and that he didn't lose his confidence after the dumbass coaches took him out briefly for a holding penalty.

[/quote]

[quote]If he comes back in reasonable shape next year, [/quote]

Week 9 was the Pitt game.

[quote]well I for one will be up all night at the thought that we disagree[/quote]

I know. It's funny.

[quote]The funny thing is that you're putting anything past this coaching staff after some of the decisions they've made.[/quote]

I think the above is funny. Yeah, it was stamina but don't be worried he'll be in reasonable shape next year.

I have to agree with [b]Scharm[/b], although I don't think that [b]1181[/b] is suffering from any illusions about those same concerns regarding Andre, namely being injury prone, lacking heart and work ethic and/or being overweight.

And [b]Scharm[/b], it appeared to me like he got pulled in the Pittsburgh game (where he was definitely holding his own) due to a stupid penalty. After which of course his replacement offered up Carson Palmer on a platter to the Steelers defense.

You guys may also be missing the fact that the ownership of the team probably wants to see gametime reps out of their #6 overall pick investment and puts pressure on the coaches to get him in there.

Archived