Josh mcdaniels fired

[quote name='Bengals1181' timestamp='1291693917' post='948644']
thats simply not true.

Provided Andre Smith comes back reasonably in shape, it can be a quick fix. [/quote]

Andre Smith is and always will be a lazy waste of space...no way we can look at him as the quick fix our offense needs...

[quote name='scharm' timestamp='1291736350' post='948719']
"Great" and Andre Smith should never be put together. Didn't he get pulled from the Pitt Monday Nighter?

Great is Munoz and Willie Anderson. There's nothing that's been "GREAT" concerning Andre Smith. [b]What you saw was small glimpses of potential.[/b][/quote]
Well said.

I'm not ready to accept him as a fix to any problems yet.

[quote name='scharm' timestamp='1291736350' post='948719']
"Great" and Andre Smith should never be put together. [b]Didn't he get pulled from the Pitt Monday Nighter?[/b]

Great is Munoz and Willie Anderson. There's nothing that's been "GREAT" concerning Andre Smith. What you saw was small glimpses of potential.
[/quote]

yep despite dominating Lamarr Woodley. His replacement gave up a sack in 2 plays.

Obviously you're reaching for straws with my context of "great"

[quote name='GoBengals' timestamp='1291686015' post='948613']
man musta been super hard to be an OC with tom brady and a great O-line and good defenses...

he must be a fucking offensive GURU...

resurrect carson?

GET HIM A MOTHERFUCKING OLINE AND SOME FUCKING RECEIVERS WHO ARENT FUCKING COCKSUCKERS...

the only thing wrong with carson is the fucking trash on the field with him...

mcdaniels is a complete dumbfuck...
[/quote]

Haha now that is awesome. Exactly how I feel. We have 0 good O linemen, out top 2 WR's are clowns. Our offensive coordinator is a joke. We better draft jesus to play qb, maybe he could turn our shit into gold.

I was the biggest Andre fan until recently. He's a waste. Id cut his ass immediately. How can you have coaches working with you daily and you cant get in shape. Shows what he does off the field, eat and eat and eat and eat. The bengals are hardly a professional football team. With players like Andre, TO, and Chad.

Anyone who wants to cut Andre or doesn't think he can be a starter for us has to accept a multi-year rebuilding process.

I'm not saying you're right or wrong, but if we can't bank on/hope Andre comes back in some quality capacity then there is no hope for turning this ship around in one season. I'm not there yet, I still think we can get this thing righted with some coaching changes, some addition by subtraction, and adding a few talented players at key spots. If Andre can hold down RT, even at an average NFL level, we stand a much better chance of improving overall because we'll only have to upgrade 2-3 spots along the line instead of 3-4.

Plus Andre played great against the Steelers, then took a bad penalty, got punished and we promptly gave up two sacks. You didn't "get benched" when you sit for 2 plays, you got yelled at.

[quote name='Bengals1181' timestamp='1291725633' post='948671']
not if they bring in a good OC and HC.
[/quote]

What are you talking about? We already have the brightest, most imaginative OC in the NFL already! He can do no wrong..........it's the players that are garbage. All we need are probowlers are every position almost and we can once again be a top 5 offense with the current OC.

Make it happen!

first step to this offensive line getting fixed is getting a new OL coach. none of these guys,aside from whitworth, play with decent balance and their technical skills are lacking for the whole bunch of them. i'd fire that guy the moment the season ends and get someone in here that can actually coach these guys into a cohesive unit. bad footwork, lunging, reaching, off balance...you see someone do it virtually every play. you hammer that shit out in the preseason..that's what the early camps are for. do it over and over and over until until you get it right. then do it some more perfecting it. these guys look like they're still in training camp in their rookie year, sometimes.

jim mcnally would never put up with this poor assed product, i know that. speaking of which... why in the hell is it that he's consulting with the fucking jets, when he could be here? is there too much pride that things are going right for the assistant head coach? if the guy has the spare time to do consultant work, some how or some way it should be here. lord knows we could sure as hell use him.

[quote name='Squirrlnutz' timestamp='1291742305' post='948756']
Anyone who wants to cut Andre or doesn't think he can be a starter for us has to accept a multi-year rebuilding process.

I'm not saying you're right or wrong, but if we can't bank on/hope Andre comes back in some quality capacity then there is no hope for turning this ship around in one season. I'm not there yet, I still think we can get this thing righted with some coaching changes, some addition by subtraction, and adding a few talented players at key spots. If Andre can hold down RT, even at an average NFL level, we stand a much better chance of improving overall because we'll only have to upgrade 2-3 spots along the line instead of 3-4.

Plus Andre played great against the Steelers, then took a bad penalty, got punished and we promptly gave up two sacks. You didn't "get benched" when you sit for 2 plays, you got yelled at.
[/quote]

andre needs work...a lot of work. he's getting by on talent alone. a lot of that is bad luck, a lot of that is his own fault. some of that is his piss poor OL coach. but the guy has a TON of fucking talent and potential. it's like munoz said, he needs broken down and remolded. munoz sees the bad habits these guys are developing...lapham does too. these guys aren't fools, they know what they're talking about. undeveloped potential is the best way i can label it.

i'd make sure we overpay, rather than get the best bargain, for our next two OL and DL coaches...and i'd bring in top shelf, qualified assistants to help them teach the game of professional football to all the guys in the trenches. both units need major rebuilding and work, work, work.

no matter who you draft, if you don't have the best of coaching that talent is not going to progress and develop as it should.

(probably a pipe dream, tho)

[quote name='Squirrlnutz' timestamp='1291742305' post='948756']

[/quote]

Andre played great in that game until the 4th quarter. His stamina kills him

[quote name='Bengals1181' timestamp='1291736740' post='948722']
yep despite dominating Lamarr Woodley. His replacement gave up a sack in 2 plays.

Obviously you're reaching for straws with my context of "great"
[/quote]

No. Andre Smith has never been close to a pro bowl tackle, great or any other adjective that would suggest he hasn't been a huge fuck up. He's competed with an undrafted college FA quite nicely.

So he dominated Lamarr and got pulled? Is that right?

[quote name='scharm' timestamp='1291754716' post='948791']
No. Andre Smith has never been close to a pro bowl tackle, great or any other adjective that would suggest he hasn't been a huge fuck up. He's competed with an undrafted college FA quite nicely.

[/quote]
Uh..yeah.

Duh. If Andre dominated Woodley, imagine what Roland would do. You play to win the game!

[/quote]

Don't be a dumbass. He was handling Woodley but got called for a hold and was taken out. Up until that point, Woodley hadn't done a thing. Andre holds on one play, gets taken out and Roland immediately gives up a sack when he comes in. Andre comes back in and doesn't play as well as he had previous to being taken out.

I don't think I've heard anyone call Andre a probowler as you're insinuating. He is, even right now, a serviceable RT and with experience and a little more maturity has the physical skillset to be a probowler one day. Not even a dumbass like yourself can deny that...........right?

[quote name='JC' timestamp='1291754964' post='948792']
Uh..yeah.

Duh. If Andre dominated Woodley, imagine what Roland would do. You play to win the game!
[/quote]

Andre softened Woodley up and then Roland was supposed to deliver the kill shot.

Questionalbe turd polishing asided about Andre's heroic performance against the Steelers. The only thing he has done is competed with and never shut the door on Dennis Roland taking his job.

A top pick. 19 million dollar guy. Has to wait how long to sniff the starting line up over Dennis? Then in his GREATEST performance (according to some in this thread) he's pulled for Dennis?

To this point there's nothing great about Andre Smith. There's hopes and dreams. I hope they all come true. A new coach is not going to look at that film and that pile of shit wearing #71 and mark tackle off the draft board. He's never demonstrated pass protecting skills that are on par with his contract.

[quote name='IKOTA' timestamp='1291755411' post='948794']
Don't be a dumbass. He was handling Woodley but got called for a hold and was taken out. Up until that point, Woodley hadn't done a thing. Andre holds on one play, gets taken out and Roland immediately gives up a sack when he comes in. Andre comes back in and doesn't play as well as he had previous to being taken out.

I don't think I've heard anyone call Andre a probowler as you're insinuating. He is, even right now, a serviceable RT and with experience and a little more maturity has the physical skillset to be a probowler one day. Not even a dumbass like yourself can deny that...........right?
[/quote]

I believe someone tried to claim that Andre was playing "GREAT" prior to being hurt. Can tackles that play "GREAT" not be considered pro bowl?

He did in fact get pulled. True or False?

The point is and still stands, Andre Smith has never come close to anything great in his bengal career. He's fought for his job against an undrafted FA. That FA seems to be making a competition out of it.

So as it relates to next year (this is kinda what the topic morphed into) do you think another NFL line coach is going to put on the film of Andre Smith and get all giddy over his "GREAT" tackle? FUCK NO! He's going to come to the same plan or project that Paul Alexander has done.

Andre Smith needs on field work. Andre Smith has some sort of rehab in front of him. Andre Smith has never once demonstrated a solid pro work ethic. That is the truth. Glimpse of potential and a huge concern for next year.

[quote name='scharm' timestamp='1291755582' post='948796']
Andre softened Woodley up and then Roland was supposed to deliver the kill shot.

Questionalbe turd polishing asided about Andre's heroic performance against the Steelers. The only thing he has done is competed with and never shut the door on Dennis Roland taking his job.

A top pick. 19 million dollar guy. [b]Has to wait how long to sniff the starting line up over Dennis?[/b] [color="#FF0000"]That is a great point considering Andre has stayed healthy just like Roland....oh, right.[/color] Then in his GREATEST performance (according to some in this thread) he's pulled for Dennis? H[color="#FF0000"]e got pulled. Dennis came in while he got yelled at. He didn't get pulled because he sucked all game or Dennis was going to perform better from that point on as your argument insinuates. He took a bad penalty and got in trouble. Roland wasn't even athletically capable of taking the same penalty on the next play that resulted in a sack.
[/color]
To this point there's nothing great about Andre Smith. There's hopes and dreams. I hope they all come true. A new coach is going to look at that film and that pile of shit wearing #71 and mark tackle off the draft board. He's never demonstrated pass protecting skills that are on par with his contract.
[/quote]

You point to his contract and draft status and make no mention of his injuries. Then you act as if Andre not getting handed the starting job is solely because he is not as good as Roland. You don't think there is any chance that maybe, MB and ML wanted to make him earn it after all the contract and reporting-out-of-shape shit they went through? Even if he was a better player, Roland was the better pro and I think its pretty clear that they weren't going to give him meaningful snaps until he demonstrated his professionalism.

[quote name='Squirrlnutz' timestamp='1291756498' post='948798']
You point to his contract and draft status and make no mention of his injuries. Then you act as if Andre not getting handed the starting job is solely because he is not as good as Roland. You don't think there is any chance that maybe, MB and ML wanted to make him earn it after all the contract and reporting-out-of-shape shit they went through? Even if he was a better player, Roland was the better pro and I think its pretty clear that they weren't going to give him meaningful snaps until he demonstrated his professionalism.
[/quote]

I think that exactly. The tone of the conversation was next year and someone questioning the concern over Andre Smith for next year.

Dennis Roland is a nice find from the undrafted ranks. Probably has a nice career ahead of him as a bottom tier starter or back up. You compare Andre's film to Dennis you don't see that much difference in pass pro.

The excuse made for Smith is injury and lack of professionalism. In Andre's amount of snaps preseason/regular season his QB pressures, holding calls, and sacks give up aren't top 10 pick material and are very much on par with Dennis Roland.

All Dennis Roland did is save us from completely being fucked by the flop that has been Andre. Andre needs reps he won't get because has to rehab. That's true. His efforts in rehab will play directly to availability in the Spring and Summer. He should have been No. 1 pick and have another 20 mil in his pocket just by doing basic work out stuff. What's going to change? A new coach? He's dropped the ball everytime with real stuff a stake.

No. [b]Andre Smith has never been close to a pro bowl tackle,[/b] great or any other adjective that would suggest he hasn't been a huge fuck up. He's competed with an undrafted college FA quite nicely.

[/quote]

where did I ever say he was a pro bowler?

There's a difference between being a great player and playing great over a stretch of games. I said the latter, and you're trying to force the former on my post.

Learn common sense and come back and join us.

Archived