My first Mock Draft

Rd 1-AJ Green-WR-Georgia
Rd 2-Marcus Cannon-OL-TCU (Pouncey, Wisnewski, Love, Sherrodd)
Rd 3-Mark Herzlich-LB-Boston College
Rd 4-Ahmad Black-S-Florida (Deunta Williams-S-NC)
Rd 5-Jake Coffman-DE-Northern Illinois
Rd 7-Joe Torchia-TE-Virginia

If we have a 6th rounder, I would love to nab Bilal Powell-RB-Louisville

[quote name='Jamie_B' timestamp='1294070340' post='956841']
does anyone remember what we gave up in the reggie nelson trade?
[/quote]

the conditional draft pick has been talked about here, but I've yet to see it confirmed anywhere.

Like the draft for the most part MW. Not sure about Herzlich these days, though he may be a steal there. Think he fits better in a 3-4 though.

Don't know anything about Coffman or Torchia. IMO you find a replacement for Reggie with a UDFA.

I was really impressed with Ahmad Black the other day, though not sure about his speed. He's a playmaker though.

Green and Cannon would be big additions for this offense.

[quote name='Bengals1181' timestamp='1294078693' post='956925']
the conditional draft pick has been talked about here, but I've yet to see it confirmed anywhere.

Like the draft for the most part MW. Not sure about Herzlich these days, though he may be a steal there. Think he fits better in a 3-4 though.

Don't know anything about Coffman or Torchia. IMO you find a replacement for Reggie with a UDFA.

I was really impressed with Ahmad Black the other day, though not sure about his speed. He's a playmaker though.

Green and Cannon would be big additions for this offense.
[/quote]

I agree with blocking UDFA. I loved watching Coffman and want him on the team. I think that round 5 is too early for him because he wont test well but he was great at N illinois and I am not sure he will be there at 7. He is 26 after 2 tours of duty in Afghanistan with the Marines.

Torchia I have never seen play but here is how he is described from ESPN, IMO a perfect Blocking TE type..but hopefully a CFAa s you said. i just picked the guys hwo stood out to me in the later rounds, guys I wanted to make sure ended up on the team.

Intangibles 2 Selected co-captain for 2010 season. Good student. Hard worker. Passionate about the game and continues to improve. Classic overachiever.

1 = Exceptional2 = Above average3 = Average4 = Below average5 = Marginal
Tight End Specific Traits
Separation Skills 3 Struggles to get off of the press at times. Does not have great initial burst and bigger, stronger defenders can push him around at times. Runs sharp routes and clearly works on the little things in practice. Fights back to the QB on broken plays. Continues to improve his feel for zone coverage.
Ball Skills 3 Hand-eye coordination is adequate but not great. Has some trouble with fastballs thrown to him in traffic. Shows consistent ability to snatch the ball while on the run, though. Shows good focus and looks the ball in before getting up the field. Seems to be more comfortable catching passes thrown below his belt than over his head. Is not a massive target and can still improve his ability to use frame to shield the ball.
Big Play Ability 4 Lacks ideal top-end speed. Not a great athlete. Lacks suddenness and takes a bit too long to get up the field after plucking on the run. Is not going to generate many yards after the catch. Runs hard after the catch. Lowers his shoulders and uses good pad level to fall forward for extra yards.
Competitiveness/ Toughness 1 Effort is excellent. Not afraid to go over the middle. Appears to be very competitive on tape. Is feisty and plays with a mean streak.

Archived