Hypothetical Situation

JC

Say this off-season we get Johnathan re-upped, Chad and TO are both gone, Cedric bolts, and Cook, Livings, and Mathis are re-signed to the offensive line. Draft day rolls around, Fairley, Peterson, and Bowers are off the board and we are sitting at #4 with AJ Green there. Seeing the stat on the Steelers that they were 85% on 3rd and 1 this year and just watching them run Mendenhall behind Pouncey and their massive guard, it's not hard to see why. The Ravens are the same way. Le'Ron McClain behind Ben Grubbs and Matt Birk is almost money. We need to have success on the ground consistently if we want to win the AFC North and the Patriots really, really, really, want Robert Quinn and think he will be gone by #5.

Would you trade down for their two first's and a 2nd
Grab Pouncey with the first so the Steelers can't nab him
Ingram/Mike Leshoure with their second first rounder (so we have our AFC North bruiser)
Rahim Moore/Johnathan Baldwin with our first second rounder
Marcus Cannon with our other second rounder
Casey Matthews/Austin Pettis with our first third rounder

Good lord, that would fix so many holes and is probably completely unrealistic, but it would be nice. I really want that combo of Pouncey and Ingram. We need to be able to run the ball consistently and I feel like Ingram could be our answer. Brandon Jacobs could be that guy as well, but I feel like he is a little soft.

Plus AJ Green scares me. I don't think he is on MegaTron's level. He makes great grabs, but is almost a carbon copy of Chad and we already have that I believe in Jerome Simpson. Austin Pettis is a big guy like Vincent Jackson who scores a lot of touchdowns. Johnathan Baldwin is an absolute freak at 6'5 230 and produces. Hope we don't settle for either Green or Marcell Dareus.

[quote name='BigDawgBengal' timestamp='1295201545' post='962371']
Just can't see the Pats trading up it is something they don't believe in.
[/quote]
Yeah, probably not. They could fall in love with Robert Quinn, provided he is in the draft which would bode well for us. Not likely, but would be nice. I really, really, want Pouncey and a bruiser for this team.

Upgrading both guard spots and this line would be in heaven. We could get rid of Andre instantly if he shows up out of shape and Pouncey could push Cook if Andre is worthy of a guard/tackle spot.

[quote name='BigDawgBengal' timestamp='1295201545' post='962371']
Just can't see the Pats trading up it is something they don't believe in.
[/quote]

every now and then they will, after they've already accumulated a lot of other picks.

I'm more than willing to trade down once/if Fairley is off the board. Drop down to the bottom of the top 10, and pick up a 2nd rounder.

[quote name='Squirrlnutz' timestamp='1295380051' post='962838']
If the Pats fall in love with Quinn...I fucking want Quinn!
[/quote]
Quinn could be a monster, but he doesn't seem to have the bulk to be a defensive end. I think we already have a player like Robert Quinn with MJ.

I think he projects to the next level as a OLB in the 3-4.

[quote name='JC' timestamp='1295391400' post='962886']
Quinn could be a monster, but he doesn't seem to have the bulk to be a defensive end. I think we already have a player like Robert Quinn with MJ.

I think he projects to the next level as a OLB in the 3-4.
[/quote]
He's listed at 6'5 270... I think he's plenty big enough to be a 4-3 end

[quote name='akiliMVP' timestamp='1295393972' post='962894']
He's listed at 6'5 270... I think he's plenty big enough to be a 4-3 end
[/quote]
Watching the tape, he looks 255-260. That's not very big for a 6'5 guy. I just don't think he would be very effective against the run in the 4-3 against bigger tackles.

[img]http://wordpressdev.nepatriotsdraft.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/05/robert-quinn.jpg[/img]

Looks like a linebackerish frame to me. But I'm not a NFL scout.

Archived