Precipitous Slide into the Bengals Lap?

Jason

[quote name='sois' timestamp='1295366997' post='962749']
Fairley will drop to the Bengals. Someone else is going to shoot up, probably a QB. The Bills or Panthers will have to take a look if someone kicks ass at the combine.
[/quote]

Fairley will not fall out of the first round.

I'm talking a Dunlap/Maualuga like slide.

I could see Akeem Ayers sliding out of the first round, but I don't want us to take him.

WR's like Greg Little, Austin Pettis, and Terance Toliver are all guys who in normal years would be late first early second round guys who could be there for the taking at the top of the 3rd because its such a deep WR class.

Stephen Paea's another guy I think could drop to the 2nd round, and who I also wouldn't want us to take.

I'm really hoping someone like Gabe Carimi is still there. He and Whit would make a great combo on the left.

Is Cam Heyward a possibility in 2? I think he was not in Kiper's latest first round mock if I heard correct. That would make three defensive ends on our roster that at one point were ranked as top ten-ish prospects that fell to us in round 2 or three.

[quote name='tybo' timestamp='1295487125' post='963162']
Is Cam Heyward a possibility in 2? I think he was not in Kiper's latest first round mock if I heard correct. That would make three defensive ends on our roster that at one point were ranked as top ten-ish prospects that fell to us in round 2 or three.
[/quote]
No he's a 3-4 end in the pros

I expect them to be looking at whether or not they should take Carimi in the 2nd (my answer is yes) and Greg Romeus in the 3rd. As far as the deep receiver class, it's likely that they could grab a guy like Ronald Johnson in the 4th.

So, just for fun (let's assume I'm wrong and they take Fairley)

1.) DT Nick Fairley
2.) OT Gabe Carimi
3.) DE Greg Romeus
4.) WR Ronald Johnson

That would be a pretty stacked draft (I don't expect them to have a shot a Fairley though - if that's the route they want to go then replace Fairley with Marcel Dareus). They'd still need to figure something out at one of the offensive guard spots, strong linebacker and safety though. An O-Line of something like Whit-Carimi-Cook-Smith-Collins or Whit-Collins-Cook-Smith-Carimi would be fantastic.

Archived