Barry Bonds a Racist

Link: [url="http://www.dailysouthtown.com/southtown/dssports/pro/311sd2.htm"]http://www.dailysouthtown.com/southtown/ds.../pro/311sd2.htm[/url]

Kittle Book

Charity case? Barry, Barry disappointing

Tuesday, May 31, 2005

Ron Kittle is no fan of Barry Bonds — not after his tense encounter with the slugger at Wrigley Field in 1993. Here's an excerpt from Kittle's book, describing how he approached Bonds with a couple of Bonds' game-worn San Francisco Giants road jerseys, asking him to autograph them for an auction for Kittle's charity for children with cancer:

"I paid about $110 of my own money for them, so they could be auctioned off at the golf outing. I did that all the time for stars like Mark McGwire, Sammy Sosa, Derek Jeter and Roger Clemens. When I tell them how their autographs help the cause, every player gladly signs — with one exception.

I walked up to Bonds at his locker in the Wrigley Field visitors' clubhouse, introduced myself and said, "Barry, if you sign these, they'll bring in a lot of money for kids who need help."

[b]Bonds stood up, looked me in the eye and said, "I don't sign for white people."[/b] If lightning hits me today, I will swear those were his exact words. Matt Williams and other Giants were in the room and they heard what Bonds said.

I stood there for a minute, and the veins in my neck were popping. I've only been that mad a few times in my life. I was going to beat the (heck) out of him, really kick his (butt), but Williams saw what was happening, so he came over and got between us. Matt said, "Ron, that's just the way he is."

I said, "White guys aren't the only ones who get cancer," but Bonds had turned his back on me and walked out of the clubhouse. Somebody must have run in and alerted Dusty Baker, who was the manager of the Giants then.

So Dusty came out of his office, put his arm around me, gave me a big old hug and said, "Aw, Kitty, he's just got that (bad) attitude again." Dusty gave me an autographed team ball for the auction, but I never got the Bonds jerseys signed. Later, I gave one of them to Scott Paulson, the Wilson sporting goods representative, and shredded the other one. But that day, I drove from Wrigley Field at about 150 miles per hour and sat there, fuming.

I'll never forget what that man said. So if Barry Bonds is looking for a breath of fresh air to live and I'm the only one who has to give it to him, unfortunately, the man will die. I just don't like guys like that."

Asked about the incident, Kittle replied, "It's a true story. How could I make up something like that?"

Bonds' spokeswoman declined comment on Kittle's story. A Giants team spokesman also declined comment.

Guest 34inXXIII
This is incredulous and shocking...absolutely shocking.

I just can't believe that a book publisher somewhere thought it would be a good idea to green light a book by Ron Kittle...shocking!!!

[quote name='34inXXIII' date='Jun 8 2005, 12:06 AM']This is incredulous and shocking...absolutely shocking.

I just can't believe that a book publisher somewhere thought it would be a good idea to green light a book by Ron Kittle...shocking!!!
[right][post="100541"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]
Hilarious.

I love how everyone has piled on Barry now that he is hurt and that.
To begin with, the big issue with his alleged "Steroid Admittance" was that it allegedly took place in a Federal Hearing. Leaking information from those is a federal offense and some serious shit, so whoever (if anybody) did it did so at great risks. And its not very hard to track down who allegedly did it.
So, first off, him admitting that he took steroids probably never happened.

Secondly, he was hitting 35 HRs and stealing 35 Bases in Pitt before he would have had access to Balco, and when he was "smaller."

Thirdly, he was raised by one of the greats of the game. The man literally grew up in a dugout, and for him to cheat (or whatever taking substances like that is called) is really fucking hard to believe.

Last month or whenever ESPN "broke" the story about Barry's IRS troubles, you would have thought they were going to cum in their pants. They were so goddam happy to have news. It turns out that the story was 100% made up, and the media wanted to believe it enough that they printed it.

That being said, Barry has always been a dick to the media once he figured out how they made their money. But since I fucking hate the media just as badly, I have to side with Barry until something more incriminating come out. Last year he was tested several times (so we know that HE DID NOT take them last year) and he put up the following stats:
In 147 Games (as an older man, obviously past his prime), and in 373 At bats,
he had 129 Runs (tying his career high), 135 Hits, 27 Doubles, 3 Triples, 45 HRs, 101 RBIs, 232 BB, 120 BB (pitchers are obviously still afraid, considering this was almost 2x his previous high), 41 Strikeouts (Career low).
.362 AVG
.609 OBP
.812 SLG

All of this while he was under INTENSE media scrutiny and on monthly steroid tests.

I also doubt that he is a racist. This rag will get some press, which is the only important thing to that scumball Ron Kittle has to say. A career minor league hitter and writer.

Guest BengalBacker
If a white player was reported to have said, "I don't sign for black people.", I could be wrong, but I have a feeling you wouldn't doubt they were a racist, regardless of who was reporting it, or the circumstances.

Guest BengalsOwn
[quote name='#22' date='Jun 8 2005, 12:53 AM']Last month or whenever ESPN "broke" the story about Barry's IRS troubles, you would have thought they were going to cum in their pants.
[right][post="100590"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

I despise ESPN with a passion.

It's a shame I will have to sit through a Bengals game broadcast on their shit station this year.

I can't wait until I get my directv setup and start watching the nfl network!

gotta go with bb on this one

who says this shit anyways? i mean who the hell would make some thing like that up? if he was gonna make somthing up he could have at least made it more outlandish... i have no trouble believing this statement, barry is a piece of garbage... and this is the type of crap that should be expected from him

if he never played another game in his life i wouldnt be able to say im sorry for this man, and on a side note as good as i think charles barkley was he is another man who is widely known for this type of b.s., neither one of them possess any drop of class

Guest BlackJesus
[i]From the sound of Bonds voice he should be homophobic and hate humself [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/30.gif[/img] [/i]

[quote name='#22' date='Jun 8 2005, 01:53 AM']Hilarious.
To begin with, the big issue with his alleged "Steroid Admittance" was that it allegedly took place in a Federal Hearing. Leaking information from those is a federal offense and some serious shit, so whoever (if anybody) did it did so at great risks. And its not very hard to track down who allegedly did it.

Secondly, he was hitting 35 HRs and stealing 35 Bases in Pitt before he would have had access to Balco, and when he was "smaller."

Thirdly, he was raised by one of the greats of the game. The man literally grew up in a dugout, and for him to cheat (or whatever taking substances like that is called) is really fucking hard to believe.

Last month or whenever ESPN "broke" the story about Barry's IRS troubles, you would have thought they were going to cum in their pants. They were so goddam happy to have news. It turns out that the story was 100% made up, and the media wanted to believe it enough that they printed it.
That being said, Barry has always been a dick to the media once he figured out how they made their money. But since I fucking hate the media just as badly, I have to side with Barry until something more incriminating come out. Last year he was tested several times (so we know that HE DID NOT take them last year) and he put up the following stats:
he had 129 Runs (tying his career high), 135 Hits, 27 Doubles, 3 Triples, 45 HRs, 101 RBIs, 232 BB, 120 BB (pitchers are obviously still afraid, considering this was almost 2x his previous high), 41 Strikeouts (Career low).
.362 AVG
.609 OBP
.812 SLG

All of this while he was under INTENSE media scrutiny and on monthly steroid tests.
I also doubt that he is a racist. This rag will get some press, which is the only important thing to that scumball Ron Kittle has to say. A career minor league hitter and writer.
Bonds never once hit 35 HR's in Pittsburgh.(16,25,24,19,33,25,34) Then all of a sudden he blows up for 10 years of 35 or more HR's while in SF. The guy is a freakin steroid junky and probably uses HGH too. He blew up like a baloon when he went to San Fran and how does anyone know he still isnt on steroids now. The "alleged" steroids he were taking were undetectable so why cant there be more now.

Guest mongoloido
The racism thing isn't new either. Remember when he went on and on about erasing Babe Ruth from the record books? There was some seriously wrong stuff said by him that certainly pointed to his racial beliefs.

Guest 34inXXIII
And [url="http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=2081489"]Bonds replies[/url]...

[quote]Bonds dismisses 'I don't sign for white people' quote
Associated Press

SAN FRANCISCO -- Barry Bonds blasted former White Sox slugger Ron Kittle, whose recently released book quotes the San Francisco Giants star as saying "I don't sign for white people" before a game at Wrigley Field 12 years ago.

"Who is Kittle? How long did he play? He played in our league?" Bonds said, lying on a clubhouse couch before Thursday's game against the Royals. "Ha! Do you guys believe that? ... Do you guys know my life history a little bit? ... One, you insult my children, who are half-white.

"I was married to a woman who was white, so let's get real. I don't even know the guy. Tell him he's an ... adorable cuddly wuddly teddy bear. Somebody said he wanted a piece of me. Tell him I'm at 24 Willie Mays Plaza and he can come get me anytime he wants to -- with pleasure. Don't insult my family."

In Kittle's book, "Tales from the White Sox Dugout," he writes that he approached Bonds at his locker in the visitors' clubhouse at Wrigley Field about autographing some jerseys to be auctioned for a cancer charity. Kittle retired after the 1991 season, and Bonds and the Giants were in Chicago to face the Cubs.

"It's the truth. I don't lie," Kittle told The Associated Press in a phone interview Tuesday. "I tell it as it is. It's unfortunate it happened. And I didn't bring it up to sell the books."

Kittle said the book's co-author, Bob Logan, asked him to write about the good and bad aspects of the game.

"This was one of the rotten things that happened," Kittle said.[/quote]

Bonds is far from personable and has brought alot of the bad publicity upon himself, but I have to give him the benefit of the doubt. I can't imagine somone of his stature, even in 1991, in an industry with such a tremendous amount of national media coverage and scrutiny making such a blatantly ignorant and inflammatory remark.

[quote name='#22' date='Jun 7 2005, 11:53 PM']Hilarious.

[b]Secondly, he was hitting 35 HRs and stealing 35 Bases in Pitt before he would have had access to Balco, and when he was "smaller."[/b]

.362 AVG
.609 OBP
.812 SLG

Bullshit. He never hit 35 HR's with Pitt and he WAS smaller when he was younger....how many people do you know get "huge" after the age of 35 (besides FAT) and peak at the age of 40? He is a roided out monster and his lack of ability to manage the media scrutiny only fans the flames. He is a penis and will never break the HR record, thank God. I can't believe anyone that wasn't on roids or crack themselves would defend him. He has brought this upon himself, and continues to do so. I hope he never plays again and than an eternal asterik is attached to his records. Fuck him and McGwire, and Sosa, for that matter...all lying in the same bed...the obvious is there to see, but everyone is either in denial or just plain stupid. These were ALL skinny kids when they entered the league and then....they became huge homerun monsters. Coincidence? No.

[quote name='Bunghole' date='Jun 10 2005, 01:17 AM']Bullshit.  He never hit 35 HR's with Pitt and he WAS smaller when he was younger....how many people do you know get "huge" after the age of 35 (besides FAT) and peak at the age of 40?  He is a roided out monster and his lack of ability to manage the media scrutiny only fans the flames.  He is a penis and will never break the HR record, thank God.  I can't believe anyone that wasn't on roids or crack themselves would defend him.  He has brought this upon himself, and continues to do so.  I hope he never plays again and than an eternal asterik is attached to his records.  Fuck him and McGwire, and Sosa, for that matter...all lying in the same bed...the obvious is there to see, but everyone is either in denial or just plain stupid.  These were ALL skinny kids when they entered the league and then....they became huge homerun monsters.  Coincidence?  No.
[right][post="101530"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

I feel a lot of love in that post, a lot... Seriously though, I have to agree. I didnt like Bonds when he was one of the "killer B's" and I like him less now. I never liked people who think they are bigger than life, and Bonds thinks he's bigger than baseball.

Guest BengalBacker

[quote name='BengalsOwn' date='Jun 10 2005, 12:53 AM']Wouldn't it be a little hard to be racist against your wife and childrens' race?
[right][post="101526"][/post][/right][/quote]

Not really.

This is going to get me flamed, but the truth often does.

Is having a white wife often considered a status symbol for some blacks? Yes it is.

Can you be a racist and still be physically attracted to people of the other race? Yes you can.

Didn't slave owners fuck their slaves?

Do blacks who hate whites ever rape white women?

Of course raping someone and marrying someone are two different things, but the fact that his wife was white doesn't prove he didn't make the comment. I don't know if he did or not, and I don't care. From what I've always heard about him, he's a dickhead. Maybe a racist dickhead, maybe just a dickhead. Maybe he's really a hell of a nice guy and for some reason the world wants to portray him as a dickhead. Maybe he made the comment just because he was being a dickhead and he's not really racist. I just don't see any reason to assume Kittle is lying. Unless Kittle is just a racist dickhead. :)

Guest BadassBengal

[quote name='BengalBacker' date='Jun 10 2005, 01:43 AM']Is having a white wife often considered a status symbol for some blacks? Yes it is.

[right][post="101535"][/post][/right][/quote]

:huh:

Who tha fuck have YOU been talking to?

Guest BengalBacker

[quote name='BadassBengal' date='Jun 12 2005, 01:52 PM'] :huh:

Who tha fuck have YOU been talking to?
[right][post="102183"][/post][/right][/quote]

What cave have YOU been living in?

[quote name='Bunghole' date='Jun 10 2005, 02:17 AM']Bullshit.  He never hit 35 HR's with Pitt and he WAS smaller when he was younger....how many people do you know get "huge" after the age of 35 (besides FAT) and peak at the age of 40?  He is a roided out monster and his lack of ability to manage the media scrutiny only fans the flames.  He is a penis and will never break the HR record, thank God.  I can't believe anyone that wasn't on roids or crack themselves would defend him.  He has brought this upon himself, and continues to do so.  I hope he never plays again and than an eternal asterik is attached to his records.  Fuck him and McGwire, and Sosa, for that matter...all lying in the same bed...the obvious is there to see, but everyone is either in denial or just plain stupid.  These were ALL skinny kids when they entered the league and then....they became huge homerun monsters.  Coincidence?  No.
[right][post="101530"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]
Amen.

[img]http://www.goodcleanfunny.com/barrybondsthen.jpg[/img]
[img]http://www.homeruncards.com/imagesrc/giambi.jpg[/img]
[img]http://www.homeruncards.com/imagesrc/mcgwiretp.jpg[/img]
[img]http://www.freewebs.com/thebaseballcards/scan0002.jpg[/img]

[img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/30.gif[/img] [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/30.gif[/img]

Guest BlackJesus

[i]Just wait till the Black Hos get a taste of some Wonderbread....

then they'll all be going "white without a fight"
[/i] :huh:

[img]http://www.ukpoliticsmisc.org.uk/weblog/images/wigga_small.jpg[/img]

Guest 34inXXIII
[quote name='The Scales' date='Jun 13 2005, 03:16 AM']Can someone explain to me how these steroids don't comprimise the integrity of the game more than what Rose did?
[right][post="102399"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

I'm guessing it has something to do with the fact these drugs are "performance enhancing" while betting on the games your managing (or playing) can negatively impact your judgement and decisions. Not a justification, but it's a whole lot easier for MLB's brass to conveniently look the other way while millions of homeruns are being hit and helping bring back a large percentage of the fans they chased away after the strike cost the league its World Series than to ignore the possibility that a team's direction is being dictated by someone's gambling habit and risk the fan's outrage when they learn the outcomes aren't always fair.

Guest 34inXXIII
[quote name='34inXXIII' date='Jun 7 2005, 10:06 PM']This is incredulous and shocking...absolutely shocking.

[right][post="100541"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

Apparently I'm not alone in my disbelief. Following is an article from the most June 15th edition of [url="http://www.sportspickle.com"]SportsPickle.com[/url]...

[quote]Some publishing company under the impression people want to read a book about Ron Kittle

Sports Publishing, LLC, a Champaign, Illinois-based publisher who just released the title “Ron Kittle’s Tales from the White Sox Dugout,” seems to be under the clearly delusional impression that there are people in the world who want to read a book about Kittle, a career scrub who played two decades ago primarily with the White Sox – one of the worst franchises in all of sports.
“A lot of publishers will put out books about sports legends like Muhammad Ali or Babe Ruth that guarantee strong sales, but not us,” said Sports Publishing president John Merriman. “We think there is huge market for titles about athletes a tier or so below those types – folks like Ron Kittle, former Falcons and Bills kicker Nick Mike-Mayer, or outfielder Sixto Lezcano.”
Merriman said he expects the recent publicity surrounding Kittle’s accusation in the book that Barry Bonds once told him that he “doesn’t sign for white people” will really boost sales.
But publishing industry experts disagree.
“Sure, the Bonds thing might get that book a few extra sales, but people aren’t going to plunk down 15 bucks just to wade through hundreds of pages of Kittle recounting his many strikeouts and blowout losses to the Brewers and sparse crowds at Comisky just to read that one anecdote,” said Jeremy Westbrook, who reviews books for the ‘New York Times.’ “I don’t expect this book to sell more than 100 copies, the vast majority being to Kittle’s friends and family.”[/quote]

[quote name='BengalBacker' date='Jun 8 2005, 02:51 AM']If a white player was reported to have said, "I don't sign for black people.", I could be wrong, but I have a feeling you wouldn't doubt they were a racist, regardless of who was reporting it, or the circumstances.
[right][post="100607"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

If he'd been previously married to a black woman, yes I think many would doubt it

Archived