George W Bush seems to be supporting...

Guest bengalrick

Guest bengalrick
do the bush bashers that said that mccain would be good for america, ready to change their minds?

[url="http://www.mercurynews.com/mld/mercurynews/sports/11830621.htm"]click here[/url]
[quote][b]Bush consultant meets with McCain about presidential bid[/b]

BY G. ROBERT HILLMAN

The Dallas Morning News

WASHINGTON - (KRT) - Mark McKinnon, the Austin political consultant who oversaw the advertising for President Bush in the 2000 and 2004 campaigns, has committed to help Sen. John McCain in a second presidential bid.

McKinnon - one of the president's closest friends and confidants and a frequent mountain biking companion - met with the Arizona Republican over lunch this spring in the Senate dining room to discuss his support, said a GOP activist familiar with the meeting.

At this point, McCain, who lost to Bush in a bitter 2000 Republican primary, is in the early but unmistakable stages of laying the groundwork for another campaign. [b]And McKinnon has indicated he would review his options, should Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice or the president's brother, Florida Gov. Jeb Bush, run in 2008.[/b]

[b]The White House has sent word that Jeb Bush should be taken at his word, that he will not run. Rice, just four months into her new job, is not expected to seek the presidency, though some top Republicans have suggested she might be considered for vice president.[/b]

McKinnon, vice chairman of the Austin-based consulting firm Public Strategies Inc., said on Monday he's had "friendly conversations with Senator McCain" but would not discuss his commitment.

"I like the senator a lot, but it is too early to speculate on his intentions, as he has said himself, not to mention mine," McKinnon said in an e-mailed statement. "My political focus right now is on a successful second-term agenda for President Bush."

McCain's political strategist, John Weaver, said the senator is heartened by those "encouraging him to run," but that he has not yet decided whether he will.

"He's not out organizing," Weaver said, "and he's instructed us not to do that, either."

Nonetheless, the jockeying among Republicans for their party's presidential nomination is well under way.

[b]In addition to McCain, likely contenders include Senate Majority Leader Bill Frist of Tennessee, Virginia Sen. George Allen, Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney, former New York Mayor Rudolph Giuliani and former House Speaker Newt Gingrich.[/b]

McKinnon's commitment to McCain, though, is among the earliest to any candidate, particularly among the cadre of senior advisers who guided the president's last two campaigns.

McKinnon became better acquainted with McCain during his campaigning for the president in 2004 and contributed $2,000 to the senator's re-election coffers last October.

A political maverick - he called his campaign advertising company Maverick Media - McKinnon first dabbled in politics as a Democrat and worked for the Texas gubernatorial campaign of Ann Richards, among other Democrats.

For the 2002 Senate race in Texas, McKinnon and his wife, Ann, contributed $4,000 to Democrat Ron Kirk against Republican John Cornyn. Later, the consultant apologized, saying the contributions had caused "some heartburn" for the Bush administration.

---

© 2005, The Dallas Morning News.[/quote]

so i guess officially bush or his political orgainizer hasn't deemed mccain their pick for 08, but it sure seems that way...

what do u guys think, could mccain do the job or not? my vote... he's a smart, passionate guy... he is a little to moderate for me and seems to surprise people w/ some of his votes, but i could support his presidency... i'd rather rice or gingrich though...

Guest bengalrick
[quote name='steggyD' date='Jun 7 2005, 12:36 PM']Even I may vote for one of the "main" parties if McCain runs. (I've voted all 3rd party since eligible to vote)
[right][post="100296"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

mccain would change the republican party (not sure for the good or bad)... the reason i say that is b/c i doubt very highly that rush limbaugh would support him for president... moderates and liberals may hate him, but he does have ALOT of clout w/ conservatives... mccain would bring guys like steggy in and maybe get my vote, depending on what he was running on, but would move a lot of the far right... much further...

in other words, the chances of him really winning are slim to none, b/c he'll never make it out of the republican priliminaries... if we could find a way to bring the democratic party more to the center (like this) and we would really be talking!! tell the michael moore bunch to go fuck theirselves and i'd start looking at the democrats again... until then, i'll pray that the rep's keep making me happy...

Guest steggyD
[quote name='bengalrick' date='Jun 7 2005, 01:48 PM']mccain would change the republican party (not sure for the good or bad)... the reason i say that is b/c i doubt very highly that rush limbaugh would support him for president... moderates and liberals may hate him, but he does have ALOT of clout w/ conservatives... mccain would bring guys like steggy in and maybe get my vote, depending on what he was running on, but would move a lot of the far right... much further...

in other words, the chances of him really winning are slim to none, b/c he'll never make it out of the republican priliminaries... if we could find a way to bring the democratic party more to the center (like this) and we would really be talking!! tell the michael moore bunch to go fuck theirselves and i'd start looking at the democrats again... until then, i'll pray that the rep's keep making me happy...
[right][post="100306"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]
My wife votes democrat most of the time, but she loves McCain, and would vote for him in a heartbeat.

Oh yeah, and I'm a registered Republican however, and I can vote him in the primaries.

[quote name='bengalrick' date='Jun 7 2005, 01:48 PM']mccain would change the republican party (not sure for the good or bad)... the reason i say that is b/c i doubt very highly that rush limbaugh would support him for president... moderates and liberals may hate him, but he does have ALOT of clout w/ conservatives... mccain would bring guys like steggy in and maybe get my vote, depending on what he was running on, but would move a lot of the far right... much further...

[right][post="100306"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

I must be a Republican moterate then because I hate Rush, he's one of the most arrogant full of himself people Ive seen... I equate him to Al Franken on the other side.

I actually wanted McCain to beat bush in the primaries in 2000. But as far as Bush vs Gore, and Bush vs Kerry, I most definitly had to vote for Bush. I wouldnt want our country to become France.

I cant stand girls with armpit hair.

Guest bengalrick
[quote name='Jamie_B' date='Jun 7 2005, 12:59 PM']I must be a Republican moterate then because I hate Rush, he's one of the most arrogant full of himself people Ive seen... I equate him to Al Franken on the other side.
[right][post="100311"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

its kind of weird... i don't necessarily like him, but i find myself listening to him... its kind of the same thing as sean hannity... i don't like his approach, but agree w/ 95% of what he says... he is too arrogant for my tastes... i cringe when i hear or see al franken [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/31.gif[/img]

have you ever listened to glen beck in the mornings... he claims to be a conservative (he definately is) but won't claim much of anything to do w/ the republican party...

if you haven't listened to him, i recommend him... his motto is "half the politics, twice the comedy"... he is fuckin' hillarious!!

btw, the extreme right (imo) includes the KKK and evangelitcal (sp?) christians... i am obviously a relgious person, but even religion is scary when it is taken to the extemes.... like these evangelicals... i hope your not an extreme right guy [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/3.gif[/img]

[quote name='bengalrick' date='Jun 7 2005, 02:12 PM']its kind of weird... i don't necessarily like him, but i find myself listening to him... its kind of the same thing as sean hannity... i don't like his approach, but agree w/ 95% of what he says... he is too arrogant for my tastes... i cringe when i hear or see al franken  [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/31.gif[/img]

have you ever listened to glen beck in the mornings... he claims to be a conservative (he definately is) but won't claim much of anything to do w/ the republican party...

if you haven't listened to him, i recommend him... his motto is "half the politics, twice the comedy"... he is fuckin' hillarious!!

btw, the extreme right (imo) includes the KKK and evangelitcal (sp?) christians... i am obviously a relgious person, but even religion is scary when it is taken to the extemes.... like these evangelicals... i hope your not an extreme right guy [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/3.gif[/img]
[right][post="100320"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

Evangelical just means non-catholic christian...
[url="http://dictionary.reference.com/search?r=2&q=Evangelical"]http://dictionary.reference.com/search?r=2&q=Evangelical[/url]

I think you mean religious extremist. [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/3.gif[/img]

[quote name='big_dish' date='Jun 7 2005, 01:00 PM']I actually wanted McCain to beat bush in the primaries in 2000. But as far as Bush vs Gore, and Bush vs Kerry, I most definitly had to vote for Bush. I wouldnt want our country to become France.
I cant stand girls with armpit hair.
[right][post="100314"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

If you look at the shit(slander) they threw at McCain in the 2000 primaries..... Questioning his miliary career..... Unforunately in the primaries...(maybe pres too)... People only remember the sound bites.

[quote name='Jamie_B' date='Jun 7 2005, 12:59 PM']I must be a Republican moterate then because I hate Rush, he's one of the most arrogant full of himself people Ive seen... I equate him to Al Franken on the other side.
[right][post="100311"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

I have a new found respect for you jb. I hate that hypocritical piece of shite.

Guest BengalBacker
I've always hated Rush, and Hannity isn't far behind.

I agree with them on a lot of issues, but they're egotistical jerks.

Guest bengalrick

[quote name='Jamie_B' date='Jun 7 2005, 01:18 PM']Evangelical just means non-catholic christian...
[url="http://dictionary.reference.com/search?r=2&q=Evangelical"]http://dictionary.reference.com/search?r=2&q=Evangelical[/url]

I think you mean religious extremist.  [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons//3.gif[/img]
[right][post="100323"][/post][/right][/quote]

i guess i was just getting brainwashed [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons//3.gif[/img]

yeah, the religious extremists (like tim mcveigh, etc) those people that hound you outside of walmart are pretty scary too though :)

[quote name='BengalBacker' date='Jun 7 2005, 01:50 PM']I've always hated Rush, and Hannity isn't far behind.

I agree with them on a lot of issues, but they're egotistical jerks.
[right][post="100359"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

Guys like them(same w/ ones on the left) are a big part of the reason we have this big... Red state vs blue state, liberal vs conservative, etc... bullshit.

Guest bengalrick
[quote name='BengalBacker' date='Jun 7 2005, 01:43 PM']I could vote for either McCain or Giuliani.
[right][post="100351"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

giuliani = strong on defense... strong on crime (look at NY) but... he supports partial birth abortion, and abortion in general... so i'd have a real hard time voting for him...

[quote name='Ben' date='Jun 7 2005, 01:55 PM']Guys like them(same w/ ones on the left) are a big part of the reason we have this big... Red state vs blue state, liberal vs conservative, etc... bullshit.
[right][post="100362"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

true... true...

[quote name='Ben' date='Jun 7 2005, 02:49 PM']I have a new found respect for you jb.  I hate that hypocritical piece of shite.
[right][post="100358"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

[img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/3.gif[/img]

[quote name='BengalSIS' date='Jun 7 2005, 03:55 PM']I am an American.  :rolleyes:

:P   I can vote.  Like it or not.  :P
[right][post="100396"][/post][/right][/quote]

I was kidding. [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons//3.gif[/img] :P

[quote name='BlackJesus' date='Jun 7 2005, 03:04 PM'][i]I would like a Mccain / Guillianni Ticket
worst case scenario :   a Jeb/Cheney ticket (hangs self)
[/i]
[right][post="100405"][/post][/right][/quote]
brighter days are on their way....just the thought of G-Dub leaving makes me tingly inside :wub:

[img]http://www.gorzow.mm.pl/~bebelebe/Walking%20Beneath%20the%20Rainbow%20Sky,%20Kenya.jpg[/img]

Maybe it is all a trick by Republicans to get us used to Dubya, that way no matter who they run next time, he will seem like a Rhodes scholar :ninja:

[quote name='steggyD' date='Jun 7 2005, 12:49 PM']My wife votes democrat most of the time, but she loves McCain, and would vote for him in a heartbeat.

Oh yeah, and I'm a registered Republican however, and I can vote him in the primaries.
[right][post="100307"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]
McCain is one of the few Republicans that I would vote for. His chin isn't planted firmly under the sack of the religious right and he isn't afraid to speak his mind even if it goes outside party lines. One of the few politicians who genuinely gives a damn.

Guest bengalrick

[quote name='ChicagoBengal' date='Jun 7 2005, 04:20 PM']McCain is one of the few Republicans that I would vote for.  His chin isn't planted firmly under the sack of the religious right and he isn't afraid to speak his mind even if it goes outside party lines.  One of the few politicians who genuinely gives a damn.
[right][post="100430"][/post][/right][/quote]

in other words, he is a liberal and doesn't care about his base... <_<

i'm not saying i don't also like someone to stand up in opposition (at times) but how is he going to get the support of his base, if he votes against them all the time?

[quote name='bengalrick' date='Jun 7 2005, 04:28 PM']in other words, he is a liberal and doesn't care about his base...  <_<

i'm not saying i don't also like someone to stand up in opposition (at times) but how is he going to get the support of his base, if he votes against them all the time?
[right][post="100436"][/post][/right][/quote]
The thing is, with the Democratic party a complete joke right now (and I'm registered Democrat), a guy like McCain may alienate some of his, for lack of a better term, constituency, but he would bring over a huge number of swing voters who are feeling alienated by their own party.

Archived