I Quit Smoking Two Days Ago And Today STILL Sucks Ass!

Bunghole

[quote name='Fulcher_33' timestamp='1303868775' post='986095']
I can't agree with the subsidizing by the gov deal. Why? Because the government didn't ask or tell us to start smoking. If they did, yeah, all for it. I'm a smoker, [b]been doing about a pack a day for 30 years now[/b]. I too wish to quit but don't have the willpower. That's fucked up too because there are times when I got entire weekends without smoking. I don't smoke in my house, by choice, so I leave my cigarettes in the car. The parking isn't too far away but it's far enough for my lazy ass. If I don't go out on the weekends it's more often than not that I go the whole weekend without one. That means, I could stop if I really tried, I think. As soon as I get in my car though, "engine on" "cigarette in mouth". Need to break that routine. Maybe if I bought a new car and made it no smoking. Hmmm, the BMW 5 series is looking pretty sweet.
MULLY
[b]can't really afford a beamer though[/b]
[/quote]

or can you

$3-$4 pack x 30= $90-120/mo towards extra car payment.... boooooya

I bet it would be super hard to quit smoking in Japan. My impression is that a very large percentage of the population smokes like chimneys over there. Add that into it being a kind of crowded place...it seems it would be tough.

[quote name='GoBengals' timestamp='1303933024' post='986402']
or can you

$3-$4 pack x 30= $90-120/mo towards extra car payment.... boooooya
[/quote]

Not sure about Japan, but cigs here are now about $5 a pack. That's about $150 / month. You can upgrade to the 5-series with the extra $30 per month hahhaha.

[quote name='IKOTA' timestamp='1303935672' post='986420']
Not sure about Japan, but cigs here are now about $5 a pack. That's about $150 / month. You can upgrade to the 5-series with the extra $30 per month hahhaha.
[/quote]
double that a pack here, and 4-5x that per pack in Australia. I'm using the savings to buy a new phone :P

Still with ya Bung ;)

[quote name='Go Skins' timestamp='1303999555' post='986700']
I can't relate to this but my stepmother quit smoking last summer after 30+ years of smoking and has an app on her iPhone that shows how much she has saved by quitting. It has been an eye opener to say the least.
[/quote]

If I reflect on how much money I have spent on cigarettes over the last 25 years of me smoking, I will want a cigarette.

Day 3, still inhaling only clean air! Well, [i]mostly[/i] clean air anyway. This [i]is[/i] Cincinnati after all.

[quote name='Bengal Migration' timestamp='1303976571' post='986631']
double that a pack here, and 4-5x that per pack in Australia. I'm using the savings to buy a new phone :P

Still with ya Bung ;)
[/quote]

Good God!

Could you imagine being a smoker in Australia and spending $20 a day on cigarettes? I would imagine most smokers there roll their own?

Speaking of roll your own........I just got back from Amsterdam :P

[quote name='Bunghole' timestamp='1304000937' post='986714']
If I reflect on how much money I have spent on cigarettes over the last 25 years of me smoking, I will want a cigarette.

Day 3, still inhaling only clean air! Well, [i]mostly[/i] clean air anyway. This [i]is[/i] Cincinnati after all.
[/quote]

dont you live in indiana...

[quote name='Squirrlnutz' timestamp='1304009493' post='986810']
Jealous x25
[/quote]

As are many of my friends.

I posted that reply to BengalMigration as he and I have met in Amsterdam about 4 yrs ago and enjoyed some of what the beautiful city has to offer. I was trying to get him to meet me this trip also, didn't work out.........he's a jerk like that sometimes.

[quote name='IKOTA' timestamp='1304010056' post='986812']
As are many of my friends.

I posted that reply to BengalMigration as he and I have met in Amsterdam about 4 yrs ago and enjoyed some of what the beautiful city has to offer. I was trying to get him to meet me this trip also, didn't work out.........he's a jerk like that sometimes.
[/quote]
I didn't have the heart to tell you I was there for New Years. And will be there in July. August. And September. :on_the_quiet:

[quote name='Bengal Migration' timestamp='1304063633' post='987885']
I didn't have the heart to tell you I was there for New Years. And will be there in July. August. And September. :on_the_quiet:
[/quote]

I hate you

Actually, I may be there in Sept.......lets coordinate.

[quote name='Bengal Migration' timestamp='1304063633' post='987885']
[/quote]

I'm surprised you're not there this weekend for the Queen's day celebrations.

So I still haven't had a damn cigarette. My last one was Monday night at about 11:00pm. So its been about 3 and a half days now. I've had a couple pinches of snuff here and there, but mostly the lozenges.

Overall, I feel pretty good! I want a goddamn fucking cuntwhoreslutbitchfuckshit cigarette, but other than that, I'm great!

[quote name='Bunghole' timestamp='1304085805' post='988010']
So I still haven't had a damn cigarette. My last one was Monday night at about 11:00pm. So its been about 3 and a half days now. I've had a couple pinches of snuff here and there, but mostly the lozenges.

Overall, I feel pretty good! I want a goddamn fucking cuntwhoreslutbitchfuckshit cigarette, but other than that, I'm great!
[/quote]

Try your best to stay away from any tobacco products. The chemicals in it are not good for you (obviously) but they also affect the way your body absorbs the nicotine. Keep at it, you're doing great.

[quote name='Bengal Migration' timestamp='1304097789' post='988165']
Survived a night out with smoking friends without having a puff. Though I was offered a smoke quite a few times.

C'mon Bung. Keep up. We can do this together.

(dam i did want one though <_<)
[/quote]

You too huh? Good for you guys. Your bodies and loved ones will thank you for it.

BE STRONG AND KEEP HOPE ALIVE!!!!!!

No updates lately Bung....hope you haven't had a cigarette. And I REALLY hope you're not curled up in he corner smoking cigarette after cigarette. Actually, this gives me another idea. Reminiscent of a wonderful tactic used by one Peggy Hill in making a point to her son, Bobby. She made him smoke a whole pack of cigarettes until he puked....then and only then was he able to overcome his new found addiction. Ever think of trying it? It works in theory as I remember eating a whole Large bag of Peanut M&M's (tm)one night and they made me throw up the next day. Haven't had them since.......it's been years. I never will either because of that one night. You should smoke as many cigarettes as it takes, back to back to back to back, Jason Preistly style until you earl. Then it's smooth sailing from there.

You're welcome.

[b]BengalMigration[/b], good on you for staying with it. [b]IKOTA[/b], I haven't had a relapse, but I don't think I want to try your method!

My cousin brought me some patches and I have to say they help a lot. They stay on you for 24 hrs at a time and they have eradicated one of my worst craving times which is first thing in the morning. It feels good to wake up not wanting a cigarette.

I have to say my lungs are still working overtime to clear themselves of all the sludge I've accumulated there over the years!

[quote name='Bunghole' timestamp='1304353809' post='990197']
[b]BengalMigration[/b], good on you for staying with it. [b]IKOTA[/b], I haven't had a relapse, but I don't think I want to try your method!

My cousin brought me some patches and I have to say they help a lot. They stay on you for 24 hrs at a time and they have eradicated one of my worst craving times which is first thing in the morning. It feels good to wake up not wanting a cigarette.

I have to say my lungs are still working overtime to clear themselves of all the sludge I've accumulated there over the years!
[/quote]

Good for you!

The lungs are very resilient organs. It will take a while to "clean" them out by not smoking but you can help them along with a little bit of exercise. Start with walking briskly/running for 5 mins without a break. Do that for a week then go to 10 mins without having to take a break. Increase until you can get up to running for 20 mins without having to stop for a break.

Also, for after meals, take a nice walk.......especially after a heavy meal.

• 6 months later...

Archived