Those wacky Iranians, what will they do next?

The PatternMaster

‎"Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is to tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger."

~Hermann Goering

[quote name='Elflocko' timestamp='1318548418' post='1044882']
‎"Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is to tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger."

~Hermann Goering
[/quote]

yep

[quote name='Elflocko' timestamp='1318548418' post='1044882']

~Hermann Goering
[/quote]

“Guard against the impostures of pretended patriotism”
George Washington

Iran is a real and viable threat to the entire Western way of existence, Just thought ya'll might want to remember that while we are reminiscing about the Lebanon Marine barracks bombing and all...I don't get why some of you want to entreat these fucking religious psycopaths in a diplomatic discussion or environment, but whatever.

[quote name='Bunghole' timestamp='1318557803' post='1044926']
Iran is a real and viable threat to the entire Western way of existence, Just thought ya'll might want to remember that while we are reminiscing about the Lebanon Marine barracks bombing and all...I don't get why some of you want to entreat these fucking religious psycopaths in a diplomatic discussion or environment, but whatever.
[/quote]

A VIABLE THREAT TO THE WESTERN WAY OF EXISTENCE

Holy hyperbole, Batman!

Iran doesn't pose the slightest threat to you or I, Bunghole.

Our government poses a bigger threat to us.

BTW, when our MSM is pointing out all the holes in the story, that's when you KNOW this plot is about as genuine as a three-dollar bill.

[url="http://www.cnn.com/2011/10/12/us/analysis-iran-saudi-plot/index.html"]http://www.cnn.com/2...plot/index.html[/url]

[/quote]

You would have been Goebbels' bitch back in the day.

No offense...

[/quote]

Please take an hour out of your day and watch this:

[url="http://www.hulu.com/watch/94075/rick-steves-europe-rick-steves%E2%80%99-iran"]http://www.hulu.com/watch/94075/rick-steves-europe-rick-steves%E2%80%99-iran[/url]

So....Hezbollah isn't an Iranian state-sponsored terror organization? Haven't watched you link yet,[b] Elflocko[/b]...and what's with the Goebbels comparisons? Iran has a very long and detailed history of state-sponsored terrorism acts....and is trying to acquire nuclear weapons...and their government is led by batshit insane religious hardliners...and this has nothing to do with this recent kerfluffle about some bullshit ambassador assassination or whatever...

[/quote]

One of my last jobs in the military was a collateral assignment as a Casualty Assistance (Calls) Officer, (CACO for short). I've done alot of shitty jobs in the military but that one topped [b]most[/b] others by a wide margin. Meet some of those families of dead Soldiers and/or Sailors, witness the devastation at home, be invited to the funeral, listen to the stories of their childhood, etc... and tell me that you or anyone else would not try EVERYTHING no matter how impossible before placing our troops in harms way.

[quote]If you want to make peace, you don't talk to your friends. You talk to your enemies.
Moshe Dayan[/quote]

[quote name='Bunghole' timestamp='1318585599' post='1044982']
So....Hezbollah isn't an Iranian state-sponsored terror organization? Haven't watched you link yet,[b] Elflocko[/b]...and what's with the Goebbels comparisons? Iran has a very long and detailed history of state-sponsored terrorism acts....and is trying to acquire nuclear weapons...and their government is led by batshit insane religious hardliners...and this has nothing to do with this recent kerfluffle about some bullshit ambassador assassination or whatever...[/quote]

Hezbollah was trained by the IRG (Iran Revolutionary Guards), maintain seats on Lebanon's government (11 of the 30 seats) receives receives financial and political support from Iran and Syria, etc...

Israel received training from the US, WMDs (subject to argument), etc... and has killed far more Lebanese civilians than Hezbollah has killed Israeli citizens.

Iran at one time received training from the US, received massive amounts of military hardware of which most is inactive but some has been modified and remanufatured under a different name (ie.. Dragon missile system), etc...

The Goebbels may fit if you too believe that all the press is an instrument of the government. All politicians use the press (more than just FOX news people) to suit their needs.

[quote]“Think of the press as a great keyboard on which the government can play.” Joseph Goebbels[/quote]

I agree with you that Hezbollah is a terrorist type of organization. Iran plays a large part in that also. However, can we not try EVERYTHING possible before we send our troops in harms way ?

Recognizing the realities about Iran and the threats they represent to the security of the region and specifically to the continued existence of the state of Israel is not the same as calling for military action, which I most certainly did not do. And being former military myself, with tons of family members that are or have served, I recognize that the decision to send troops into engagements [i]should [/i]be a very difficult one to grapple with, never to be taken lightly.

I support diplomatic engagement, although I fear it will never be successful.

[quote name='Jamie_B' timestamp='1318609200' post='1045066']
Bung, Iran's army is a joke, they pose no threat to Israel at all.
[/quote]
Nukes. And they continue to develop weaponry (missles) with capabilities of delivering payloads as far or farther away as Israel. They fund and support through training and material the Hizbollah. That said, perhaps recognizing them diplomatically and treating them with respect will change the way they conduct themselves, what with all their anti-Western and Israeli rhetoric. There's a reason so many diplomats at the UN literally walk out on Ahmadinejad every time he opens his fat mouth there.

Archived